Teenage. Aaah! How badly we all wanted to grow up into teenagers when we were little kids? We wanted the freedom and independence that comes with teenage! Every time mom said, “You are too young for it, honey”, we swore to do ‘it’ when we grew up. But who knew? The rosy cheeks would also pave way to pimples as we ‘grew up’?
[ Read: Get Rosy Cheeks Without Makeup ]
Pimples have haunted me throughout my teenage and they keep continuing to mark their presence every now and then, which reminds me of their invasion. But not anymore. Yours truly has finally found you some of best home remedies for acne.
Here I present 5 natural homemade face packs for acne. These face packs for acne and pimples will help you fade those unwanted spots. Do make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients before you try them! Acne happens due to clogged pores that get infected by bacteria. Mostly, oily skinned people get acne problems as the excess oil clogs pores and makes them more susceptible to bacteria to get rid of acne marks.
Before we start off, keep these points in mind:
- Always, ALWAYS moisturize after you wash the pack off.
- Always apply the pack on a clean and dry face. A Little dampness helps in better and faster absorption by the skin.
- Ensure that you remove the after 20 minutes, or after it dries. Otherwise, the pack will absorb the moisture which is not a good thing.
- Pre and post wash of face during pack application with Luke warm water enhances the benefits.
- Mild exfoliation before application also gives you better results.
- Any home remedy for acne and acne scars needs at least two weeks of regular application for visible results.
Home Made Face Packs For Acne Recipes:
1. Multani Mitti Face Pack:
Multani mitti face pack for acne is a god send to those of us with oily skin. Multan mitti (Fuller’s Earth) is easily available in general stores..
- Multani Mitti/ Fuller’s Earth
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
- Make a paste of multani mitti, few drops of rose water and a pinch of lemon for a refreshing face pack.
- Multani mitti draws excess oil off your face and dries the existing pimples.
- Rose water freshens and moisturizes your skin while lemon juice fades the acne scars.
[ Read: Beauty Tips For Pimples ]
2. Besan and Curd Face Pack:
- Mix in two spoonful’s of besan (chick pea flour) and sufficient curd to make a good paste.
- Apply it and let it dry.
- When it’s completely dry, dampen it and with mild, circular motion, scrub your skin.
- Wash off and say hello to happy skin!
3. Mint Face Pack For Acne:
Mint leaves(pudina leaves) makes for a wonderful face pack.
- Ground Pudhina/ Mint leaves
- Grind some pudina leaves, add in a dash of honey and let it be on your pretty face until it dries.
- Wash off.
- It might tingle on pimples but that is okay, they are very close to meeting their end.
4. Lemon juice + Honey Face Mask for Pimples:
This is your Knight in Shining Armor. Having struggled with acne all my teenage, and enjoying the realms of a clear skin only recently, I am telling you! Go for it! Honey face packs with lemon are the best of the best.
Lemon juice is acidic and citric; it bleaches your skin, helping you get rid of scars and tan.
- Lemon juice
- Rose water if needed
- Apply lemon juice on face post wash. It will tingle and burn and you won’t love it. But it absolutely works. If your skin is too sensitive, then dilute lemon juice with rose water to lessen the acidity.
- After fifteen minutes, follow up with honey.
This helps moisturize as honey is a humectant. You can leave honey on your face however long you want to. Your skin will glow in a couple of weeks and you can see it
Here is another way you can use and lemon together!
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Top 50 Stylish And Smart Summer Bob Hairstyles - May 22, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health - May 20, 2014
- 25 Fitness Experts Reveal Their Secrets On How To Lose Weight Effectively - April 28, 2014
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Cool Down - April 10, 2014