Teenage. Aaah! How badly we all wanted to grow up into teenagers when we were little kids? We wanted the freedom and independence that comes with teenage! Every time mom said, “You are too young for it, honey”, we swore to do ‘it’ when we grew up. But who knew? The rosy cheeks would also pave way to pimples as we ‘grew up’?
[ Read: Get Rosy Cheeks Without Makeup ]
Pimples have haunted me throughout my teenage and they keep continuing to mark their presence every now and then, which reminds me of their invasion. But not anymore. Yours truly has finally found you some of best home remedies for acne.
Here I present 5 natural homemade face packs for acne. These face packs for acne and pimples will help you fade those unwanted spots. Do make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients before you try them! Acne happens due to clogged pores that get infected by bacteria. Mostly, oily skinned people get acne problems as the excess oil clogs pores and makes them more susceptible to bacteria to get rid of acne marks.
Before we start off, keep these points in mind:
- Always, ALWAYS moisturize after you wash the pack off.
- Always apply the pack on a clean and dry face. A Little dampness helps in better and faster absorption by the skin.
- Ensure that you remove the after 20 minutes, or after it dries. Otherwise, the pack will absorb the moisture which is not a good thing.
- Pre and post wash of face during pack application with Luke warm water enhances the benefits.
- Mild exfoliation before application also gives you better results.
- Any home remedy for acne and acne scars needs at least two weeks of regular application for visible results.
Home Made Face Packs For Acne Recipes:
1. Multani Mitti Face Pack:
Multani mitti face pack for acne is a god send to those of us with oily skin. Multan mitti (Fuller’s Earth) is easily available in general stores..
- Multani Mitti/ Fuller’s Earth
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
- Make a paste of multani mitti, few drops of rose water and a pinch of lemon for a refreshing face pack.
- Multani mitti draws excess oil off your face and dries the existing pimples.
- Rose water freshens and moisturizes your skin while lemon juice fades the acne scars.
[ Read: Beauty Tips For Pimples ]
2. Besan and Curd Face Pack:
- Mix in two spoonful’s of besan (chick pea flour) and sufficient curd to make a good paste.
- Apply it and let it dry.
- When it’s completely dry, dampen it and with mild, circular motion, scrub your skin.
- Wash off and say hello to happy skin!
3. Mint Face Pack For Acne:
Mint leaves(pudina leaves) makes for a wonderful face pack.
- Ground Pudhina/ Mint leaves
- Grind some pudina leaves, add in a dash of honey and let it be on your pretty face until it dries.
- Wash off.
- It might tingle on pimples but that is okay, they are very close to meeting their end.
4. Lemon juice + Honey Face Mask for Pimples:
This is your Knight in Shining Armor. Having struggled with acne all my teenage, and enjoying the realms of a clear skin only recently, I am telling you! Go for it! Honey face packs with lemon are the best of the best.
Lemon juice is acidic and citric; it bleaches your skin, helping you get rid of scars and tan.
- Lemon juice
- Rose water if needed
- Apply lemon juice on face post wash. It will tingle and burn and you won’t love it. But it absolutely works. If your skin is too sensitive, then dilute lemon juice with rose water to lessen the acidity.
- After fifteen minutes, follow up with honey.
This helps moisturize as honey is a humectant. You can leave honey on your face however long you want to. Your skin will glow in a couple of weeks and you can see it
Here is another way you can use and lemon together!
5. Cucumber Face Mask:
Cucumber extracts heat from body. This is considered as the best face pack for acne as it reduces inflammation of your pimples and reduces their appearance.
[ Read: Simple Remedies For Pimples On Forehead ]
- Cucumber pulp and juice
- Grate cucumber, strain the juice.
- Refrigerate the pulp.
- When it’s cold enough, use the pulp to pick the juice and moisten your face, one spot at a time.
- Once you feel the pulp warm up, dip in the cold juice again and repeat for other spots.
- This unclogs your skin’s pores and cools down the system.
- Place slices of cucumber on your eyes for a spa effect.
- You can also add in two spoons full of rich yogurt to the pulp without draining it. Apply the mixture and leave it on for a while, say thirty minutes, and wash off.
[ Read: Best Remedies To Remove Pimples ]
6. Neem Face Pack:
Neem Tree uses are many and it has been popular in our folk lore for centuries for its healing and anti- bacterial activity.
- 4 fresh Neem leaves
- 1 tsp rose water or lemon juice
- Crush the Neem leaves; add rose water or lemon juice to make a paste.
- Apply this face mask focusing only on the acne.
- rinse (using lukewarm water) it after leaving it on for 15 minutes.
7. Honey Face Mask:
Honey mask can be used by all skin types irrespective for the troubles that the skin carries along! Just ensure that you aren’t allergic to honey.
- 100% pure organic honey
- Take the required amount of honey and apply the thick honey all over your face.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- wash off.
- If you experience any dryness post the mask is off, follow it up with a moisturizer.
[ Read : Honey Face packs for Oily skin ]
8. Aspirin Face Mask:
This one that is not very popular! Aspirin helps heal the inflammation and works for many. The reason being the main ingredient in aspirin is salysilic acid with is also used to control acne and pimple’s out burst. It can however be very drying sometimes, do follow it up with a gentle moisturizer.
- 1-2 tablets aspirin
- Plain water
- Dissolve the aspirin in water and crush the tablet to make a paste.
- Gently apply this only on the acne areas, let it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off.
[ Read: Aspirin Face Packs ]
These are some very effective Homemade face packs for acne scars and acne prone skin that can be made easily at home. Do use them and let me know how it worked on you.
- 5 Effective Homemade Face Packs To Treat Blemishes
- 12 Apple Face Packs For All Skin Types
- 10 Simple Remedies For Treating Dry Skin Acne
- Adult Acne – Types, Causes, Treamtment And Care
- 17 Simple Home Remedies For Pimples/Acne
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- Top 50 Stylish And Smart Summer Bob Hairstyles - May 22, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Red Clover For Skin, Hair And Health - May 20, 2014
- 25 Fitness Experts Reveal Their Secrets On How To Lose Weight Effectively - April 28, 2014
- Top 10 Yoga Poses to Cool Down - April 10, 2014