Don’t we crave for fine sculpted cheekbones when we see Angelina Jolie, Kiera Knightley or our very own ‘Heroine’ Kareena Kapoor? Look no further! You can now flaunt well-defined cheekbones.
There is a special makeup technique called ‘contouring‘, which gives you the illusion of higher cheekbones. Is it possible to contour our face for a sculpted look every time we go out?
Here we introduce you some simple yet effective facial exercises for a lean, sculpted and younger looking face. Yes, face yoga is a promising technique that involves series of exercises which help to tone the face just like yoga for body tones and relaxes the body.
Here is a brief illustration on face exercises:
A wide and perfect smile makes your face look even more beautiful. But as soon as laugh lines appear around your mouth, your beauty tones down by two times. As the body muscles need a lot of exercise, similarly our face muscles also needs a workout. The muscles of the face start loosening out as we age. We try a lot of methods like cosmetic treatment, botox, chemical peels and wrinkle fillers. Buying hoards of anti-wrinkle creams and applying them day after day won’t give you any permanent results. You stop applying them and the wrinkles re-appear.
Doesn’t the idea of exercise for face sound so much more effective and appealing.
Facial Exercises For Women: Yoga For Face
There are some very simple face yoga exercises that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and gives you a younger looking face.
Face Exercise 1:
- Close your mouth pressing your lips together and blow air under your upper lip. Hold at the count of ten.
- Transfer the air to your left cheek and again hold for another 10 counts.
- Now transfer air to your right cheek and hold for another 10 counts.
- Repeat this transferring of air from one cheek to the other for 10-15 times.
This exercise is quite easy and very effective to delete the chubbiness of your cheek.
[ Read: Face Slimming Exercises ]
Face Exercise 2:
Another simple exercise to reduce the chubbiness and tone your facial muscles.
- Inhale air deeply with your mouth.
- Transfer the air from one side of the cheek to another as if you are swishing mouthwash inside your mouth.
Face Exercise 3:
Face Exercise 4:
This exercise is called the ‘Smiling fish face’.
- Suck in your cheeks and lips to make a fish face and try smiling.
- Hold on for 5-10 seconds and repeat for another 5 times.
Face Exercise 5:
- Lift your face upwards and look towards the ceiling as much as you can.
- Now blow air out of your mouth.
This exercise will firm your jaw lines and will also tone down cheeks making it leaner.
[ Read: Yoga Asanas To Tighten Your Skin ]
Face Exercise 6:
Move your lower lip over your upper lip as much as possible, try bringing your lower lip closer to your nose.
- Hold it for 15 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times daily for effective results.
You’ll feel a strain on your jaw muscles and your chin. This exercise tones your chin muscles and will rid you of double chin.
Face Exercise 7:
- Open your mouth as much as possible and hold it.
- You’ll feel a stretch on all your facial muscles and gradually the muscles will tone.
Face Exercise 8:
- Suck in your cheek and feel the muscles on either side of your mouth sink in.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise for some other 10 times.
Also you can use a straw whenever you are drinking any liquid. Sipping liquid with straw will automatically sink in your cheeks. This exercise will reduce the fat from your cheeks and emphasize cheek bones. Practicing this exercise regularly will help you get a sculpted face.
[ Read: Yoga Poses For Beauty ]
Face Exercise 9:
- Try pulling in as much air possible with your mouth.
- When you pull air, you see your cheeks automatically sinking in.
- Then release the air from your mouth slowly and gently.
Your cheeks will sink in and your jaws will also tighten.
Face Exercise 10:
- Place your index and middle finger over both cheekbones.
- Pull the skin over your cheekbones to the eye.
- Open your mouth to form a long, oval shape.
- Hold for some 10 seconds and release your cheekbone skin.
- Relax and try again.
[ Read: Skin Gym Face Fitness For A Younger Look ]
Face Exercise 11:
- Sit relaxed and breathe in.
- Inhale deeply and close your palms tightly to form a fist.
- Close your eyes so tightly that your face muscles get scrunched.
Face Exercise 12:
This face exercise should be continued from the previous one.
- Exhale all the air through the mouth.
- Stick out your tongue as much as you can.
- Open your eyes wide and also open the palms.
- Repeat 3-4 times.
Face Exercise 13:
- Open your eyes wide and lift up your brows.
- Hold for 10 seconds; don’t let your brows wrinkle.
- Focus at a point before you.
- Repeat five times more.
Face Exercise 14:
- Place your index fingers on either side of your eyes and the thumbs on both sides of your mouth.
- Pull the skin upwards with your fingers so as to feel a stretch on the muscles.
- Relax and repeat again.
Exercises for Eyes:
Resistance exercises for the eyes will also help you reduce crows feet, fine lines and wrinkles. It will help you tone, firm and relax the existing lines. It inturn will boost your confidence to smile.
Place your index finger on the outer corner of the eyes and pull it gently upwards in such a way as to pull your cheeks up and smile. Hold on for a few seconds and then relax.
Exercise for Cheeks:
Tighten the cheek muscles by smiling as widely as you possibly can. Then hold on to this position for a few seconds and relax. Do it nearly 15-20 times a day regularly.
Practice all the above exercises 3-4 times a day to keep away wrinkles and look more beautiful and young.
NOW WATCH – Yoga Facial Exercises: How To Tone And Lift Cheeks
Hope you understood on how to go with these effective yoga exercises for slimming your face! Which of these do you know already? Feel free to share your feedback with us in the comment section.
- 8 Yoga Poses For Glowing Skin
- 6 Yoga Poses To Fight Skin Problems
- Top 10 Exercises For Keeping Your Nose In Shape
- 7 Yoga Poses For Beauty
- 6 Yoga Breathing Techniques For Weight Loss