Most of us desire long hair like Rapunzel. But owing to our hectic, modern lifestyle, which includes everyday stress and pollution, long hair can be difficult to achieve. Don’t worry. There are many home remedies for thick and long hair. We have the perfect solution for your problem – Here are 7 Simple things that you can do from the comfort of your home to get Long hair.
Home Remedies for Long Hair:
1. Nutritious Diet:
A good, healthy diet is important if you want to have long, problem free hair. Include green leafy vegetables and fruits as part of your diet. Also, make sure you are getting enough proteins in your daily diet to help with hair growth. Include sprouts, nuts, and curd in your diet.
2. Hot Oil Massage:
We can never deny the importance of a good hot oil head massage, which is one of the best known tips for long hair. We know a good ‘champi’ is the best thing that can happen to our hair. Get it done at the parlour, by your mom/ sister, or do it yourself. After applying hot (warm) oil on the scalp, gently massage the scalp with your finger-pads. Also, apply oil to the strands of the hair. Let them soak in the goodness of the oil. You may also wrap a hot towel around the head for 10 minutes to help better absorption of the oil into the hair. Wash off after 1-2 hours, with a mild shampoo. You will note evident results post your first usage. Almond oil, olive oil and coconut oil are considered good for the hair.
3. Trim Your Hair:
Trim the hair regularly. Even when you are letting your hair grow to a certain length, trimming them every 4-6 weeks is essential to promote the growth of healthy hair. Trimming ensures that all the damaged ends are removed, and you will be left with damage free hair which will grow fast.
Brush your hair twice a day with a natural-bristled brush. Remember to brush your hair before bed time. This will ensure that the blood circulation to thescalp is good at bed-time (we all know that our hair grows the most while we are sleeping).
5. Do Not Comb Wet Hair:
6. Water and Exercise:
7. Protein Hair Mask:
Protein masks are excellent for hair that needs to be healthy. This is a simple home remedy to grow your hair.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon of castor oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Take the ingredients in a bowl and make this into a paste.
- Massage the pack into the scalp.
- Keep the hair pack on for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- This is a very good hair mask which promotes hair growth.
Along with the above mentioned mask, try adding an egg with 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil. You can also use olive oil instead of the coconut oil. Make this into a paste and apply the mixture to the scalp and hair. Leave this on for 45-60 minutes and wash it out after that.
- After a protein mask, you may use two tablespoons of apple vinegar mixed in a litre of water to wash off your hair.
- Use the mixture as a rinse and after using a shampoo.
- Use the cider rinse to wash off the remains of the shampoo from your hair.
- Use 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil to massage into your scalp twice a week. This will help to promote hair growth.
8. Banana Mask:
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup flat beer
- Take a banana in a bowl and mash it, do away with all clumps.
- Now take an egg, honey, and beer and mix it all with a fork along with the banana.
- The mixture should be a smooth paste. Use this mixture on the scalp and also apply on the length of your hair.
- Now take your hair up in a bun and cover the head with a shower cap.
- Leave the mixture on for at least an hour or 1.5 hours. Open the shower cap and rinse with cold water.
The egg and the banana gives nourishment to the hair. The honey moisturizes it and beer is greatly known to give volume and thickness to hair.
9. Onion Mask:
Onion has been found to be very helpful for hair growth.
- Take a large onion and grate it in a grater.
- Now squeeze the juice into a container.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and then follow up with a generous massage with honey.
- Leave the hair mask on for 30 minutes and wash off.
Honey deeply moisturizes hair and onion juice stimulates hair follicles. For best results do this massage every day for a month.
It is also said that gelatin encourages hair growth. Intake of gelatin supplements such as capsules can be done. Also using dry gelatin in your daily sauces or drinks will do the trick. Don’t worry it will not ruin your favorite dishes as it is odorless as well as tasteless.
Apart from the above methods, it is also important to protect your hair from external damaging factors such as pollution, dust, excessive heat/ cold, direct sunlight, etc. When stepping out of home, ensure that your head (and hair) is covered using a scarf/ dupatta. Following the above steps will ensure you have problem free, long and healthy hair. Anymore question related to how to grow long hair home remedies? Drop us a comment below.
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Ritu (see all)
- Best Spas In India – Our Top 10 Picks - June 7, 2013
- 14 Popular Prom Hairstyles for Girls With Medium Length Hair - January 4, 2013
- Top 5 Simple Hairstyles For Medium Length Hair - December 18, 2012
- 8 Effective Beauty Tips For Dark Facial Spots - December 17, 2012