Sounds weird, right? But actually, it’s not! This is probably one of the most common fruits found in India and that is also probably why we don’t really relish it as much. But before throwing the banana peel into the bin, read this post to know its benefits. It will give you amazing results.
The flesh of the banana is rich in many nutrients and carbohydrates. It is high in vitamins B6, B12, magnesium and potassium. The sugar content is the highest when the banana peel turns black.
[ Read: Benefits Of Sweet Oranges ]
Let us quickly see the top benefits of this wonderful gift of nature.
Banana Peel Uses:
1. Sparkling Teeth:
Rub the banana peel every day for a week on your teeth for about a minute. This actually results in teeth whitening, which can cost a lot of money otherwise.
2. Removes Warts:
The banana peel helps in removing warts and eliminates the occurrence of new ones. For this, simply rub the peel on the affected area or tie the peel overnight on it. This is one of the simplest ways to use a banana peel for the skin.
3. Eat Them:
Banana peels can also be eaten. You can find amazing Indian recipes that use banana peels. They are also used to tender chicken.
4. Cures Pimples:
Just massage banana peels on your face and body for 5 minutes every day to cure pimples. The results should be visible within a week. Keep applying the peels till the acne disappears.
5. Reduces Wrinkles:
The banana peel helps to keep your skin hydrated. Add an egg yolk to a mashed banana peel. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 5 minutes. Wash off after 5minutes.
[ Read: Benefits Of Pineapples ]
6. Pain Reliever:
Apply the banana peel directly on the painful area. Leave it for 30 minutes till the pain is gone. A mixture of vegetable oil and banana peel also helps in pain relief.
7. Heals Psoriasis:
Apply the peel on the psoriasis affected area. The banana peel has moisturizing properties and also reduces itchiness. It will quickly heal psoriasis and you can see noticeable results within no time.
8. Heals Bites By Bugs:
Massage the peel on the mosquito bites to get instant relief from the itching and pain.
9. Shoes, Leather, Silver Polish:
Rub a banana peel on shoes, leather, and silver articles to make them shine instantly.
10. UV Protection:
Banana peel helps in protecting the eyes from the harmful UV rays. Make sure you leave the peel under the sun before rubbing the banana peel on your eyes. It is also proven to reduce the risk of cataracts.
[ Read: Orange Peel for Skin ]
Some Important Tips:
1. Use a fresh banana peel for best results.
2. Never keep an unpeeled banana for long. Consume immediately after peeling. Also, the peel should be used immediately.
3. Store bananas in a cool, dry place and always keep them away from heat or sunlight.
4. Never store banana peels in a refrigerator.
5. Avoid throwing banana peels on the roads or public places. Use bins or save them for better purposes.
[ Read: Benefits Of Mangoes ]
- 6 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair and Health
- Diy: Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner
- The Banana Diet: Bananas For Weight Loss
- Banana Face Pack For Winter Dry skin
- DIY Carrot and Banana Deep Conditioning Hair Mask