Sounds weird right? But actually it’s not! This is probably one of the most common fruits found in India and that is also probably why we don’t really relish it as much. But before throwing the banana peel into the bin, read this post to know its benefits. It will give you amazing results.
Banana flesh is rich in many nutrients and carbohydrates. The flesh is high in vitamins B-6, B-12, magnesium and potassium. Content of sugar is highest when the banana peel turns black.
[ Read: Benefits Of Sweet Oranges ]
Let us quickly see the top benefits of this wonderful gift of nature:
Banana Peel Uses:
1. Sparkling Teeth:
Rub the banana peel everyday for a week on your teeth for about a minute. This actually results in teeth whitening, which can cost a lot of money otherwise.
Banana peel helps in removing warts and eliminates the occurrence of new ones. For this, simply rub the peel on the affected area or tie the peel overnight on it. This is one of the simplest ways to use a banana peel for skin.
3. Eat Them:
Banana peels can also be consumed. You can find amazing Indian recipes using it. Also, this is used to tender chicken by placing over it.
Just massage banana peels on your face and body for 5 minutes every day to cure pimples on Results should be visible within a week. Keep applying the peels till the acne disappears.
Banana peel helps to keep your skin hydrated. Add an egg yolk to mashed banana peel. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 5 min. Wash off after 5min.
[ Read: Benefits Of Pineapples ]
6. Pain reliever:
Apply the banana peel directly on the painful area. Leave it for 30 mins till the pain is gone. A mixture of vegetable oil mixed with banana peel also helps in pain relief.
Just apply the peel on the psoriasis affected area. Banana peel has moisturization properties and also reduces itchiness. It will quickly heal psoriasis and you can see noticeable results within no time.
8. Bites by bugs:
Massage the peel on the mosquito bites to get instant relief from the itching and pain.
9. Shoes, Leather, Silver polish:
Rub banana peel on any shoes, leather, and silver to make them shine instantly.
10. UV Protection:
Banana peel helps in protecting the eyes from harmful UV rays. Make sure you leave the peel under the sun before rubbing the banana peel on your eyes. It is also proven to reduce the risk of cataracts.
[ Read: Orange Peel for Skin ]
Some important tips:
1. Use fresh banana peel for best results.
2. Never keep unpeeled banana for long. Consume immediately after peeling. Also the peel should be used immediately.
3. Store banana in a cool, dry place and always keep it away from heat or sunlight.
4. Never store Banana peel in a refrigerator.
5. Avoid throwing banana peels on the roads or public places. Use bins or save it for better purposes.
[ Read: Benefits Of Mangoes ]
- 6 Amazing Benefits and Uses Of Banana Juice For Skin, Hair and Health
- Diy: Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner
- The Banana Diet: Bananas For Weight Loss
- Banana Face Pack For Winter Dry skin
- DIY Carrot and Banana Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)