Every girl needs a red lipstick.
A red lipstick is a classic must-have that you absolutely need to have in your vanity. Those who do own one will agree that this is one shade you simply cannot do without. For those of you who do not own it yet, you need to go get one right away!
The good thing about a red lipstick is that it can be worn in many different ways.
A Few Regular Ways in Which You Can Have Red Lips:
- As a light red stain for regular day use
- As a darker shade for night or special occasions
- As a slight hint of colour over a lighter lip shade
Red lips are surely hot. Nevertheless, it can be quite a task to perfect the art of applying a red lipstick correctly.
For this tutorial, we will do a glossy bright red lip makeup look. The steps are simple and can be easily tried out at home. Do it keeping the proportions right, and the final result will have a professional look to it. Now let us know how to make lips red!
Things you will need for Glossy Red Lips Look:
- A lip balm
- A concealer
- A foundation
- A maroon, red or dark pink lip liner
- A red lipstick
- A lip liner brush
- A lip gloss
- A paper napkin or a tissue paper
Steps to create a glossy red lips look:
- Apply the lip balm generously onto your lips for a softer feel.
- Keep it on for about 10 to 15 minutes to let it soak in.
- To wear a red lipstick (or any other lipstick) perfectly, you need lips that are soft and supple. Those who have dried, chapped or cracked lips should apply a lip balm regularly. Wear it overnight for better results.
- Apply your concealer on the lips
- Also apply it in the cracks, if any.
- Blend it well using your finger.
- Apply foundation on the lips.
- Blend it well.
- Use your lip liner to create the outlines just a little bit outside your natural lip line.
- Make sure that the shade of red lipstick that you use is lighter than the shade of your lip liner.
- Moisten your lip brush and take a bit of red lipstick on it.
- Using a lip brush to apply lipstick is the best way to wear lipstick. This is a common practice by the professional makeup artists. A lip brush helps blend in the colour well. It also ensures that you do not end up putting too much product on the lips.
- Start applying the lipstick with the brush.
- Continue to fill in the lips to make lips red.
- Carefully fill in the whole of the lower lips.
- Reapply by taking the lipstick bit by bit with the help of the brush.
- Follow the same procedure for the upper lips.
- Complete making the shape of the lips by precisely drawing the Cupid’s arrow.
- Once you have done the above steps, your lips should look something like shown in the image above.
- Smudge both the lips for a proper finish.
- Blot the excess lipstick onto a tissue paper or a paper napkin.
- Apply a gloss to add some shine and style to your red lips.
- And your perfect red lips are done!
These easy to try tips for red lips are a great way to start wearing red, if you don’t already. Glam up your style and let us know about all the comments you received!
Latest posts by Zinnia (see all)
- 15 Effective Tips To Prevent Makeup From Melting In Hot Weather - August 9, 2014
- Beautiful Cheetah Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps And Pictures - March 18, 2014
- 10 Amazing Hand Painted Nail Art Designs - February 7, 2014
- Beautiful Red And Green Nail Art Tutorial With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014
- 2 Amazing Red Nail Art Tutorials With Detailed Steps - February 7, 2014