We often read about strict diet plans, regular workouts and exercises when it comes to weight loss. And you often must have read about certain food items which help in losing weight like carrots, banana, chillies etc. But do you know that nuts can help you lose those extra pounds? We always think nuts are rich in fatty acids, thus we tend to stay away from them. But now you have a reason to rejoice, as studies have proved that almonds are a great stimulant which helps to reduce weight.
Almonds for Weight Loss
1. Contains Good Fats:
The first and foremost of the benefits of almond is that it is rich in fatty acids like the omega 9, omega 6 and omega 3. They are all healthy fats that are required and are useful for our body. Unlike saturated fats and trans fats, which are found in junk and processed foods and lead to various cardio vascular diseases like heart blockage and stroke, almonds contain unsaturated fats. These fats help in prevention of these cardio vascular diseases. It stabilizes our blood sugar levels and bad cholesterol build up in the arteries.
[ Read: Almond Health Benefits ]
2. Contains Fibre:
The skin of the almonds contain high amount of dietary fibre, which helps in proper digestion of the food and healthy bowel movement. If the food is not properly digested, it leads to acidity, bloating etc. This in turn covers all of our food into fats, which gets deposited in our body, thus leading to excessive weight gain. Thus in order to get the best results, you must consume whole almonds with the skin intact.
3. Best Snacks:
One of the almonds benefits is that it is the best snack to be taken in between the meals. They contain high amount of monounsaturated fats, protein and fibre which contribute to the feeling being full. Make sure that you always go in for raw and whole almonds, instead of the salted or processed ones, as they contain excessive salts which increase the sodium level in the blood.
4. Reduces Belly Fat:
Want to reduce belly fat, switch over to almond diet. Almond benefits include a high protein content that helps in the development of lean muscle mass. The mono-saturated fats maintain and reduce our body mass index (BMI). It targets the fat stored in the abdominal region, thus reducing belly fat.
5. Full Of Nutrients:
Almonds are full of nutrients like magnesium and vitamin E, an anti oxidant. Magnesium helps to maintain our blood sugar levels and reduces food cravings by keeping us full. This in turn helps to maintain our body weight. While you workout, you build up your muscle mass. Magnesium is an excellent source of energy and helps build the muscle mass during the workouts. Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant, increases the blood flow, which lets muscles contract more easily.
[ Read: Benefits Of Almond Oil ]
Here are a few interesting ways on how to eat almonds for weight loss:
1. Keep a packet of roasted almonds in your office or college bag, and have them whenever you feel hungry. Eat a handful of them; it is the best snack for weight loss.
2. Add almonds to your breakfast, which will keep you full till lunch time. Sprinkle chopped almonds on your oats or cereal.
3. Make almond raita and have it during lunch time. Mix chopped almonds with yoghurt and sprinkle your favourite spices. Almond raita is full of protein and good bacteria, which keeps your digestive system healthy and also helps in weight loss.
4. You can add chopped almonds in your pasta or salad. They will make it heavy, so that you can eat less and still satisfy your hunger.
5. Add almonds in your favourite ice cream or chocolate and enjoy the twist in taste.
Including almonds in your daily diet along with proper exercising makes weight loss a possible dream.
Till then take care and keep it stylish!!!!!!
Latest posts by Ankita Biswas (see all)
- Top 5 Dove Face Washes Available In India - October 25, 2013
- Top 10 Homemade Face Washes For All Skin Types - October 1, 2013
- 12 Apple Face Packs For All Skin Types - September 24, 2013
- Best Ayurvedic Hair Care Products – Our Top 8 - September 11, 2013
- Top 7 Pantene Shampoos Available In India - September 2, 2013