We all know that almonds are a healthy snack, but did you know that it has been a staple in many cultures for its moisturizing and soothing properties? Almond oil contains a blend of zinc, vitamins, proteins, and fatty acids that nourish your hair, protect it from damage, and impart shine. If you want to know what this silky oil can do for your hair care regimen, check out our list of the 7 best almond oils for healthy hair. Scroll down and take your pick.
Table Of Contents
What Are The Main Advantages Of Using Almond Hair Oil?
Almond oil is a powerhouse of healthy nutrients that contribute to hair health. This light, non-greasy oil is effective on its own and as a carrier with other oils. The benefits of almond oil for the hair are as follows:
- Almond oil is an emollient that softens the hair and makes it smooth and easy to style.
- It is rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects your hair from free radical damage.
- Almond oil is a great source of copper, phosphorus, and zinc. While copper plays a role in melanin formation, phosphorus promotes hair tissue repair and growth, and zinc reduces hair loss.
- The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids found in almonds nourish your hair from within and boost its strength, thickness, and luster.
- Almond oil was used in Ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic schools of medicine to treat dry skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. Hence, it can help treat dry scalp conditions.
- Frequent hair styling can make your hair prone to split ends and breakage. Almond oil lubricates the hair strands and reduces friction between them while styling. This strengthens the hair and improves its resilience.
Now that we are aware of the benefits, let’s look at the 7 best almond oils for hair available online.
7 Best Almond Oils For Hair Of 2020 – Reviews
This oil from MIELLE ORGANICS is powered with almond oil, which is rich in protein. The oil binds to the hair strands and locks in moisture, reducing hair breakage and soothing itchy, dry scalp. It is organic and safe and has a rejuvenating fragrance of mint and almonds. The natural soybean oil content in this product also reduces hair loss and restores hair health and thickness.
- Makes curly hair manageable
- Overwhelming mint scent
The Difeel Sweet Almond Oil is rich in nutrients and vitamins that promote hair growth. It moisturizes and strengthens each hair follicle, rejuvenating your hair. This sweet almond oil contains fatty acids in monounsaturated and saturated forms that penetrate each hair shaft and hydrate it from within. It creates a protective layer on the hair, reducing damage from heat, styling, and other elements. This oil reduces hair loss, energizes the scalp, and gives you glossy, lustrous hair.
- Mineral oil-free
This oil by Maple Holistics oil contains 100% pure cold-pressed almond oil that boosts hair shine. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that condition and nourish damaged hair. This oil is organic and lightweight and contains vitamin E and oleic and linoleic fatty acids that enhance the hair’s natural moisture, shine, and strength.It softens your hair and tames frizz without being greasy. This oil has soothing properties that balance your scalp and lock in moisture to make your hair thick, healthy, and radiant.
- Contains natural ingredients
- No almond smell
- Expensive for the quantity
The Life-flo Pure Almond Oil contains omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids that act as natural moisturizers for the hair. It can also be used as a base for creams and lotions for aromatherapy or massages. This cold-pressed oil forms a protective barrier on the hair against environmental aggressors. It makes the scalp and hair healthy and soft. The non-greasy oil repairs dry scalp and dry, damaged hair and soothe irritation.
- Not absorbed well
The Handcraft Blends Sweet Almond Oil has a lightweight texture and can be used on the hair and skin. It dislodges dirt and debris from the follicles and improves scalp health. This cold-pressed oil soothes itching, inflammation, redness, and dry scalp, moisturizes the scalp and hair, and adds volume and shine. It is odorless, non-staining, hypoallergenic, and safe for babies and people with eczema and psoriasis.
- 100% vegan
The Nature’s Cure-All unrefined and cold-pressed almond oil is rich in vitamins and minerals. This gentle oil nourishes the hair with fatty acids and vitamins A, B, and E. It locks in moisture, restores hair health, and protects the hair from the sun’s harsh UV rays and chemicals present in other hair products. This oil makes your hair soft, supple, and manageable. It transforms dull, lifeless hair into beautiful cascading locks. This multi-functional oil can be used for the face and skin.
- 100% pure
NATURE’S OIL is a leading name in aromatherapy and natural products. This 100% natural almond oil contains the amazing benefits of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids. You can use it as a carrier oil and mix it with other oils and creams for better results.
- Mineral oil-free
- 100% pure
- No sweet almond smell
Now that you know what the best almond oils for hair, here are a few factors to consider before buying one.
Things To Consider Before Buying Almond Hair Oil
- Type: There are two types of almond oil –sweet and bitter. Sweet almond oil does not evaporate easily at room temperature. It is an emollient that is used as a carrier oil or a base for beauty products. Bitter almond oil is an essential, volatile oil that does not evaporate easily. It contains hydrogen cyanide, which can be toxic.
- Production: A good almond oil for hair should be cold-pressed to preserve its nutrients. In this process, the oil is separated from fibrous cells by pressing through an expeller at low temperatures. This preserves the maximum nutritional content of the almond oil.
- Nutrients: Almond oil is a powerhouse of nutrients that nourish and maintain hair structure and health. It contains copper, vitamins A, B7, E, and K, magnesium, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, phosphorus, and zinc. These nutrients nourish and strengthen your hair and impart shine.
- Hair Type: Check if the oil will suit your hair. This is a non-greasy oil, so it may not be suitable on its own for dry hair. But it is a good carrier oil, and you can reap its benefits by mixing it with other oils.
- Other Ingredients: Some almond oil products may be blended with olive oil, peanut oil, lanolin, apricot oil, vitamin E, or other essential oils. Pick an unscented oil if you want to use it as a carrier oil.
- Packaging: Almond oil is more delicate than other essential oils since it contains polyunsaturated fats. Make sure the almond oil is in a plastic or glass bottle, either clear or amber-colored, to prevent it from breaking down on exposure to UV light.
- Labels And Certifications: The package will usually state if the oil is free of chemicals, preservatives, parabens, sulfates, etc. It is best to pick an organically certified product that is cruelty-free.
There you have it – 7 best almond oils for healthy hair. Now that you have a clear understanding of what you need to look for, click on the desired product and say hello to shiny and healthy hair.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Is almond oil good for the hair?
Yes, almond oil is a powerhouse of nutrients that promote hair growth and shine.
Can I use almond oil on my hair daily?
Yes, you can, especially if you have dry hair with split ends.
Can you leave almond oil in your hair overnight?
Yes, you can.
Does almond oil prevent hair loss?
Almond oil contains zinc, calcium, and magnesium, the deficiency of which can lead to hair loss and hair thinning. Since almond oil contains all these minerals, regular use can prevent hair loss.
Do I put almond oil on wet or dry hair?
Almond oil can be used on either wet or dry hair.
Does almond oil make the hair white?
No, it does not. Infact, almond oil increases melanin production, which restores natural pigmentation to graying hair.
- How To Use Almond Oil To Help Control Hair Loss
- How To Pamper Your Hair With A Hot Oil Massage To Prevent Hair Loss
- 16 Best Hair Growth Oils To Buy In India 2020
- How To Apply Oil On Hair: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil Benefits