Almond oil has been used for centuries for its healing properties and comes with its own set of perks for your hair. Providing strength to your roots, treating scalp conditions, and softening your hair, having the best almond oil can do it all. They are rich in nutrients like zinc, proteins, fatty acids, and vitamins, making them the perfect addition to your hair care regimen. Alicia Igess Jones, a hairstylist, states, “Almond oil can soften the hair shaft and make styling your hair easier!” Scroll down to pick from our curated list of almond oil for smooth and shiny hair!
In This Article
What Are The Main Advantages Of Using Almond Hair Oil?
Almond oil is a powerhouse of healthy nutrients that contribute to hair health. This light, non-greasy oil is effective on its own and as a carrier with other oils. The benefits of almond oil for the hair are as follows:
- Almond oil is an emollient that softens the hair and makes it smooth and easy to style.
- It is rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects your hair from free radical damage.
- Almond oil is a great source of copper, phosphorus, and zinc. While copper plays a role in melanin formation, phosphorus promotes hair tissue repair and growth, and zinc reduces hair loss.
- The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids found in almonds nourish your hair from within and boost its strength, thickness, and luster.
- Almond oil was used in Ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic schools of medicine to treat dry skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. Hence, offers dry scalp treatment.
- Frequent hair styling can make your hair prone to split ends and breakage. Almond oil lubricates the hair strands and reduces friction between them while styling. This promotes hair strength and improves its resilience.
Now that we are aware of the benefits, let’s look at the 7 best almond oils for hair available online.
7 Best Almond Oils For Hair Of 2023 – Reviews
This oil from MIELLE ORGANICS is powered with almond oil, which is rich in protein. The oil binds to the hair strands and locks in moisture, reducing hair breakage and soothing itchy, dry scalp. It is organic and safe and has a rejuvenating fragrance of mint and almonds. The natural soybean oil content in this product also reduces hair loss, improves hair elasticity, and restores hair health and thickness.
- Lightweight formula
- Makes curly hair manageable
- Overwhelming mint scent
The Difeel Sweet Almond Oil is nutrient-rich and full of vitamins that promote hair growth. It moisturizes and strengthens each hair follicle, rejuvenating your hair. This sweet almond oil contains fatty acids in monounsaturated and saturated forms that penetrate each hair shaft and hydrate it from within. It creates a protective layer on the hair, reducing damage from heat, styling, and other elements. This nourishing oil reduces hair loss, energizes the scalp, and gives you glossy, lustrous hair.
- Mineral oil-free
This oil by Maple Holistics oil contains 100% pure cold-pressed almond oil that boosts hair shine. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that deep conditions and nourish damaged hair. This oil is organic and lightweight and contains vitamin E and oleic and linoleic fatty acids that enhance the hair’s natural moisture, shine, and strength.It softens your hair and offers frizz control without being greasy. This oil has soothing properties that offer hair repair and balance your scalp and lock in moisture to make your hair thick, healthy, and radiant. Online reviews speak of its efficacy and long-lasting results.
- Contains natural ingredients
- No almond smell
- Expensive for the quantity
The Life-flo Pure Almond Oil contains omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids that act as natural moisturizers for the hair. It can also be used as a base for creams and lotions for aromatherapy or massages. This cold-pressed oil forms a protective barrier on the hair against environmental aggressors. It makes the scalp and hair healthy and enhances softness. The non-greasy oil repairs dry scalp and dry, damaged hair and soothe irritation.
- Not absorbed well
The Handcraft Blends Sweet Almond Oil has a lightweight texture and can be used on the hair and skin. It dislodges dirt and debris from the hair follicles and improves scalp health. This cold-pressed oil soothes itching, inflammation, redness, and dry scalp, helps with moisturizing the scalp and hair, and adds volume and shine. It is odorless, non-staining, hypoallergenic, and safe for babies and people with eczema and psoriasis.
- 100% vegan
Pure Body Naturals Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil is an odorless, pale-yellow liquid rich in vitamin E and K. This is a multipurpose oil that supports the growth of thick and healthy hair. It relieves muscular aches as well. Vitamin E, infused in this oil, acts as a great conditioner, locking the moisture in hair strands. It also has vitamin D which prevents hair loss. This oil reduces the hair mess and smooths the hair for better hair texture. This product has gained popularity because of its massive positive reviews that celebrate its effectiveness in managing the tresses well.
NATURE’S OIL is a leading name in aromatherapy and natural products. This 100% natural almond oil contains the amazing benefits of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids. You can use it as a carrier oil and mix it with other oils and creams for enhanced hair luster and better results. Additionally, conduct a test on a small part of your hair prior to full use to steer clear of any future allergic reactions.
- Mineral oil-free
- 100% pure
- No sweet almond smell
Now that you know what the best almond oils for hair, here are a few factors to consider before buying one.
Things To Consider Before Buying Almond Hair Oil
- Type: There are two types of almond oil –sweet and bitter. Sweet almond oil does not evaporate easily at room temperature. It is an emollient that is used as a carrier oil or a base for beauty products. Bitter almond oil is an essential, volatile oil that does not evaporate easily. It contains hydrogen cyanide, which can be toxic.
- Production: A good almond oil for hair should be cold-pressed to preserve its nutrients. In this process, the oil is separated from fibrous cells by pressing through an expeller at low temperatures. This preserves the maximum nutritional content of the almond oil.
- Nutrients: Almond oil is a powerhouse of nutrients that nourish and maintain hair structure and health. It contains copper, vitamins A, B7, E, and K, magnesium, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, phosphorus, and zinc. These nutrients nourish and strengthen your hair, support hair follicle stimulation, and impart shine.
- Hair Type: Check if the oil will suit your hair. This is a non-greasy oil, so it may not be suitable on its own for dry hair. But it is a good carrier oil, and you can reap its benefits by mixing it with other oils.
- Other Ingredients: Some almond oil products may be blended with nourishing ingredients such as olive oil, peanut oil, lanolin, apricot oil, vitamin E, or other essential oils. Pick an unscented oil if you want to use it as a carrier oil.
- Packaging: Almond oil is more delicate than other essential oils since it contains polyunsaturated fats. Make sure the almond oil is in a plastic or glass bottle, either clear or amber-colored, to prevent it from breaking down on exposure to UV light.
- Labels And Certifications: The package will usually state if the oil is free of chemicals, preservatives, parabens, sulfates, etc. It is best to pick an organically certified product that is cruelty-free. Also, look for professional-grade compositions for optimal hair health in the long run.
There you have it – 7 best almond oils for healthy hair. These oils help nourish your strands and repair damage to make your hair manageable. The MIELLE ORGANICS Mint Almond Oil is suitable for all hair types, including 3A to 4C natural hair while the Life-flo Pure Almond Oil is a perfect option for frizzy hair and dry scalp. These products strengthen the strands, nourish the roots, treat scalp conditions, and soften the hair. Now that you have a clear understanding of what you need to look for, click on the desired product and say hello to shiny and healthy hair. Additionally, check out what reviewers have to say about the products and choose a suitable one for yourself.
Why Trust Stylecraze
Shiboli Chakraborti is a skilled writer specializing in hair care products. She is a research-oriented writer and helps bring the best hair care solutions to her readers. Here, she has curated a list of the best almond oils for hair. She ensures that the content is highly informative and her knowledge is put to maximum use. Her suggestions are trustworthy and are helpful to bring back shine and strength to your beautiful locks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is almond oil good for the hair?
Yes, almond oil is a powerhouse of nutrients that promote hair growth and shine.
Can I use almond oil on my hair daily?
Yes, you can, especially if you have dry hair with split ends.
Can you leave almond oil in your hair overnight?
Yes, you can.
Does almond oil prevent hair loss?
Almond oil contains zinc, calcium, and magnesium, the deficiency of which can lead to hair loss and hair thinning. Since almond oil contains all these minerals, regular use can help with hair loss prevention.
Do I put almond oil on wet or dry hair?
Almond oil can be used on either wet or dry hair.
Does almond oil make the hair white?
No, it does not. Infact, almond oil increases melanin production, which restores natural pigmentation to graying hair.
- Best Carrier Oils For Velvety, Voluminous Hair
- Best Hair Oils Of 2023 For Dry And Damaged Hair
- Best Almond Oils For Skin That Are Worth The Try