If you are looking for the best drugstore body lotions, we have exactly what you need. While we put a lot of thought into what products to use on our face, our bodies are slightly ignored, and we end up using just about any moisturizer we get our hands on. Sadly, your body deserves much more than that! Even if you don’t want to pinch your pocket with something costly, a lotion that hydrates your thirsty skin and seals the nutrients is good enough to keep your skin soft and radiant. Here are the 16 highest-rated body lotions for smoother skin throughout the year.
In This Article
16 Best Drugstore Body Lotions Of 2023 That Keep You Skin Soft And Radiant
1. Best Non-Comedogenic: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
The CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion is a dermatologist-recommended product. This sheer formula glides on your skin easily and cleanses and moisturizes the skin. It is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that provides 24-hour hydration and restores the skin’s natural barrier.
It is formulated with ceramides 1, 3, and 6-II, along with hyaluronic acid, to help retain the skin’s moisture. Its Multi Vesicular Emulsion (MVE) technology ensures the moisturizing ingredients penetrate into the skin slowly and offer long-lasting hydration and nourishment. The oil-free, non-irritating, and non-comedogenic formula ensures the pores are not clogged. Not to mention, it is validated by leading dermatologists, making it an ideal choice for sensitive skin types. To find out more about this product and the tester’s experience with it, check out this video.
- 24-hour moisturizer
- MVE technology restores hydration
- Non-come dogenic
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association
- Not for very dry skin.
2. Best Non-Greasy: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is specifically formulated to moisturize dry and dehydrated skin. The active ingredient of this daily moisturizer is dimethicone 1.2%, which is clinically-proven and a potent skin protectant. This nourishing lotion is infused with active natural oat kernel flour and other rich emollients to protect dry skin for up to 24 hours.
The oat kernel flour is an effective skin cleanser that removes impurities and dirt by unclogging the pores. It also provides a silky smooth appearance. Its active colloidal oatmeal is a powerful key ingredient that is highly recommended by most dermatologists. It helps maintain the natural pH of the skin, regulates hydration, protects the skin barrier to lock natural hydration, and allows the skin to breathe. The product’s non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and gentle moisturizing formula gives you visible results when used daily. Check out this review featuring a tester’s experience for a more in-depth look at the product.
- Absorbed quickly
- Does not clog pores
- Available in 2 different sizes
- Defective dispenser pump.
3. Best Hydrating: St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil Ultra Nourishing Body Lotion
The St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil Ultra Nourishing Body Lotion is ideal for helping you achieve intensely hydrated, nourished, and silky smooth skin. The body lotion is enriched with kokum butter, shea butter, and argan oil. These act as emollients and protect the skin’s surface from water loss. It is formulated using plant-based moisturizers that condition and hydrate mature, dry skin and help revive its lost radiance and develop a healthy skin barrier.
Argan oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that protect the skin and help it retain moisture for longer. The premium plant extracts care deeply for your skin and effectively maintain its healthy appearance. This silky smooth lotion is entirely free of harmful chemicals that may not be safe for the skin.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Provides intense hydration
- Lightweight formula
- Gets absorbed easily
- Mineral oil-free
- Availability may be an issue.
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil Ultra Nourishing Body Lotion
|Dimensions||4 x 5 x 6 inches||3.4 x 2 x 9.2 inches||-|
|Weight||0.01 Ounces||0.037 ounces||-|
4. Best Skin Penetrating Power: Jergens Ultra Healing Dry Skin Moisturizer
The Jergens Ultra Healing Dry Skin Moisturizer is an exceptional choice for people seeking to address uneven skin tone. It gives outstanding results in just one use. The lotion repairs, heals, and deeply nourishes extra dry, flaky, and cracked skin. It is absorbed quickly into dry skin and offers hydration to more vulnerable areas, like the heels, elbows, and knees.
The Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturizer is reformulated with the hydralucence blend. It also contains naturally infused vitamins C, E, and B5 that provide longer-lasting hydration with a visibly enhanced skin tone. This unique moisturizing formula eliminates dullness, dryness, and flaky skin by deeply penetrating the five skin layers. The lotion for uneven skin tone can lock in moisture for up to 48 hours. It powerfully reflects light and makes the skin more luminous. This video featuring the reviewer’s experience will help you understand more about the product.
- Provides long-term hydration
- Leaves no greasy residue
- Effective for extra dry/sensitive skin
- Infused with essential vitamins
- Visible results with just 1 use
- Absorbed quickly
- Defective bottle with poor quality dispenser pump.
5. Best Long-Lasting Results: OGX Extra + Creamy Coconut Miracle Oil Lotion
Restore your skin’s moisture with the fast-absorbing OGX Extra + Creamy Coconut Miracle Oil Lotion. It keeps your skin hydrated and nourished the entire day. The lotion is enriched with coconut oil and the essence of tiare flower and vanilla extracts. It also contains safflower seed oil with an essential fatty acid that nurtures your skin from deep within.
The coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and deeply moisturizing. It is also enriched with essential fatty acids, lauric acid, and vitamin E, which offer smoother skin and extra nourishment and glow. The safflower seed oil in the lotion balances the skin’s pH. Countless reviewers on Amazon vouching for this excellent product will help you be sure about it.
- Deep penetration
- Fast-absorbing formula
- Absorbed quickly
- Natural fragrance
- Maintains the natural glow
- Poor quality packaging
- Sticky consistency
6. Best For Stretch Marks And Scars: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy Body Lotion
The Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy Body Lotion provides deep nourishment and hydration to the skin all day. This velvety soft dry skin-soothing formula is enriched with cocoa butter and vitamin E that make your skin smooth.
Cocoa butter is high in fatty acids that protect the natural skin barrier and lock in the moisture. The vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps improve the skin’s rough texture by fading scars and stretch marks and blurring any imperfections. This eczema-prone skin body lotion hydrates and nourishes all skin types – from normal to dry.
- Infused with cocoa butter
- Rich in vitamin E
- Fast absorbing
- Provides 24-hour deep hydration
- Proven to heal dry, eczema-prone skin
- Soothes skin after sun exposure
- Reduces stretch marks
- Contains artificial fragrances
- Weak bottle pump
7. Best Fragrance-Free: Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion
The Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion provides 48-hour moisturization. Its ceramide 3 helps strengthen the natural protective barrier of the skin. It also offers immediate moisturization.
The lotion is also enriched with natural moisturizing factors (or NMF), a collection of humectants responsible for trapping adequate moisture within the uppermost layer of the skin. The clinically examined and confirmed NMF are made of amino acids and other moisturizing mixtures. Other inactive moisturizing ingredients in the lotion include shea butter, lactic acid, sodium lactate, glycerin, and carrageenan (water-binding seaweed). For the best results, you can apply this clinically-proven lotion daily after you shower for a deep moisture dose.
Caution: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) that may cause sun sensitivity and may lead to sunburn. Hence, use a broad-spectrum SPF sunscreen after applying this lotion.
- Gentle for everyday use
- Locks skin hydration for 48-hours
- Leaves a sticky feeling
8. Best For Strengthening Skin Moisture Barrier: Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion
The Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion offers intensive hydration and nourishment to the extra dry skin. It is enriched with vitamin E, pro-vitamin B5, and lipids, which replenish the skin moisture barrier and nourish it. It is safe and effective in preventing dryness and rough patches on the skin. This fast-absorbing lotion is fragrance-free and is a clinically proven 24-hour moisturizer. This body lotion is perfect to transform your dry, dull skin into soft, hydrated, smooth, and healthy-looking skin.
- Non-greasy formula
- Long-lasting moisture
- Suitable even for extra-dry skin
- Replenishes and moisturizes the skin
9. Best For Sensitive Skin: OGX Extra Creamy Coconut Miracle Oil Lotion
The OGX Extra Creamy Coconut Miracle Oil Lotion is a pure tropical delight for your skin. This creamy lotion comes with hydrating ingredients like vanilla bean extracts, coconut oil, glycerin, and safflower oil that moisturize and repair dry skin. Its lightweight conditioning formula gets easily absorbed into your skin and leaves it feeling
- Hydrating formula
10. Best For Very Dry Skin: Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
The Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion instantly alleviates dry skin and offers 48-hour hydration. The lotion is infused with a deep moisturizing serum and almond oil that nurture and nourish the skin deep from within. They also lock in the moisture. The almond oil also protects the skin from sun damage and makes the rough texture of the skin smooth and soft. Use this skin-nourishing body lotion every day for better results.
- Deep nourishing moisturizer
- Offers 48-hour hydration
- Instantly reduces skin roughness
- Easily absorbed
- Ideal for daily use
- No greasy residue
- Lightweight lotion
- Soothing smell
- Available in a travel-friendly size
- Not suitable for skin that is too dry
11. Best For All Skin Types: Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion
This is a clinically tested, hypoallergenic body lotion that specifically nourishes sensitive skin. It is made with 100% botanical ingredients, like shea butter, avocado oil, jojoba seed oil, grape seed oil, aloe vera leaf extract, tea leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, cucumber fruit extract, lavender leaf extract, and natural glycerin that soothe irritated skin while delivering deep moisture.
The shea butter contains fatty acids that lock in skin moisture. Avocado oil penetrates deeply into the skin and offers additional nourishment. The jojoba seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that heal the skin from within and also help blur fine lines and stretch marks. The aloe vera, cucumber extracts, and chamomile are natural coolants that soothe and calm skin.
- Artificial fragrance-free
- No artificial colors
- 100% vegetarian ingredients
- No plastic microbeads
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- Suitable for all skin types
- Leaves white residue
- A poor quality pump dispenser
12. Best Vegan: Hempz Natural Herbal Body Moisturizer
The Hempz Natural Herbal Body Moisturizer is infused with coconut oil and hydrates skin with watermelon-derived electrolytes. The relaxing and cooling ingredients, like cucumber and aloe vera, along with she a butter and hemp seed oil, relax your skin.
The hemp seed oil is extracted from the seeds of the cannabis plant. It is among the best sources of essential fatty acids, like gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) that acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient. It protects the skin from irritation. The oil also contains a perfect ratio of proteins, carbohydrates, nutrients, and other key minerals ideal for skin hydration. Shea butter helps protect the skin from sun damage and dehydration. It is rich in essential fatty acids, phytosterols, and vitamins E and D that have healing properties.
Coconut oil helps moisturize and softens skin. The melon seed oil contains vitamins A and C and electrolytes that offer a youthful glow. The aloe vera leaf extract and cucumber fruit extract are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that calm and soothe skin.
- 100% vegan
- Rich in essential oils
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- Smells odd
13. Best Cruelty-Free: Love Beauty And Planet Luscious Hydration Body Lotion
This skin-nourishing body lotion is enriched with soybean oil, coconut water, early green wattle flower extract with a fresh aroma of orange, tangerine, and lemon oil. It offers 24-hour moisturization. It is a vegan body lotion that contains ethically sourced mimosa flower. The lotion is free of silicones, dyes, and parabens.
- 24-hour long hydration
- Naturally sourced coconut water for deep hydration
- 100% vegan
- Plant-based moisturizers
- Free of artificial colors
- Bottle made with 100% recycled plastic
- Very strong fragrance
14. Best In-Shower Lotion: NIVEA Cocoa Butter In-Shower Body Lotion
The Nivea Cocoa Butter In-Shower Body Lotion is a water-activated formula. It is enriched with rich cocoa butter that locks in the skin moisture for 24-hours. It has no greasy feel.
Its cocoa butter is rich in essential fatty acids that penetrate deep into the skin and provide intense hydration. The body butter contains oleic, palmitic, and stearic acids that nourish the skin. The cocoa butter is infused with vitamin E. It is a powerful antioxidant that also fights skin inflammation caused due to free radicals. The body lotion can also help reduce stretch marks after pregnancy.
- Non-sticky formula
- Rich in cocoa butter
- Offers 24-hour hydration
- Reduces post-pregnancy stretch-marks
- No residue
- Designed for dry to very dry skin
- Dermatologically tested and approved
- In-shower application may clog the drainage.
15. Best Overnight Lotion: Gold Bond Ultimate Overnight Deep Moisturizing Lotion
The Gold Bond Ultimate Overnight Deep Moisturizing Lotion offers deep hydration and nourishment all through the night and until the next day. The ultra-nourishing formula penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin and locks the skin’s natural moisture for intense hydration.
The lotion uses seven intensive moisturizers for conditioning and softening rough skin. Its hyaluronic acid locks moisture when you sleep. The soothing and calming perfume of this drugstore moisturizer gives soft, supple, healthier, and nourished skin.
- Contains essential antioxidants and melatonin
- Quickly absorbed
- Best for extremely dry and itchy skin
- Controlled odor
- Fast-acting formula with long-term usage
- Strong lavender fragrance
- Does not offer value for money.
16. Best Dermatologist-Recommended: Curél Fragrance-Free Comforting Body Lotion
The Curél Fragrance-Free Lotion, with Advanced Ceramide Complex, is great for sensitive skin. It helps restore skin’s ceramide levels and promotes moisture retention.
Ceramides are generally lost due to lifestyle and environmental factors like aging and sun exposure. The ceramides in this doctor-recommended lotion penetrate deep into the skin and offer intense hydration. They also maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier and lock in skin hydration for 24 hours.
- All-day long, deep hydration
- Suitable for dry, dehydrated skin
- Non-irritating formula
- Poor quality dispenser pump
These are the top 15 moisturizing body lotions. They help hydrate dull-looking skin. But before you make a purchase, it is important you check if the product meets your skin’s requirements. The following are the factors you must look for in a hydrating body lotion before you buy one.
How To Choose The Right Body Lotion
- Ingredients Based On Skin Type: If you have dry skin, choose a body lotion with extra moisturizing ingredients that lock in intense hydration. If your skin is oily, choose a formula with a lighter consistency that is grease-free (and does not contain mineral waxes or mineral oils as they clog pores). For sensitive skin, choose a formula that is hypoallergenic and free of dyes, preservatives, and fragrances. Products enriched with sesame oil, coconut oil, almond oil, grapefruit oil, and other mineral oils are some of the best options for you to try. You may also look for body lotions enriched with vitamins B, E, A, and D and citric acid.
- No Chemicals: Read the ingredients label to check for added chemicals, dyes, or artificial fragrances. The best body lotions are always infused with natural ingredients and fresh scents, and contain chemical-free formulas.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Most good drugstore hydrating body lotions are cost-effective. They are not outrageously expensive, unless they have some very special USPs.
- Long-lasting Hydration: Check if the lotion offers 24 to 48-hour hydration.
Infographic: A Quick Guide To Body Lotions
Body lotions are staple skin care essentials. They not only hydrate and nourish the skin but also improve its texture. But picking any lotion might not be the greatest idea. The infographic below lists what kind of lotion is best for your skin and highlights a few facts about lotions that you may find interesting to read. Scroll down and check it out!
While most of us pay close attention to our facial skincare, we often miss out on our bodies. The best drugstore body lotions can now take care of your overall skin health without you having to burn through your savings! These body lotions are enriched with nourishing ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, argan oil, coconut oil, vitamins, etc. The CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion is the best choice if you want a gentle choice with long-lasting hydration, while the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion can help achieve silky smooth skin. The St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil Ultra Nourishing Body Lotion absorbs quickly and provides intense nourishment. They provide long-lasting hydration that keeps your skin soft and supple for long hours. Most of these lotions are quick-absorbing, hypoallergenic, chemical-free, and gentle on the skin. However, ensure to do a patch test before topical application if you have extremely sensitive skin type or go for dermatologist-recommended products.
Why Trust Stylecraze?
Oyendrila Kanjilal is a certified skin care coach and loves to try different brands and skincare products, sharing her experiences with her readers. In this article, she has listed the best drugstore body lotions after referring to user ratings and reviews to narrow your options to the top-rated ones. She has also included a comprehensive buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can body lotion be used on the face?
No, it is not recommended to use a body lotion on the face as it may cause your skin to react and breakout.
What’s the difference between body “milk” and body lotion?
Body lotions are made of lightweight moisturizing ingredients, while body milks have a thick, creamy consistency ideal for extremely dry skin.
Should I use face moisturizer or body lotion on the neck area?
Ideally, you should use a face moisturizer on your neck, but applying body lotion is also fine. Due to the absence of sebaceous glands in the neck, applying a body lotion does not cause it to breakout or react badly.
Which one is better, body lotion or body oil?
While both are moisturizing, body lotions have lightweight formulations suitable for all skin types. On the other hand, moisturizing body oils are suitable for dry skin types and colder climates.
How often should you apply body lotion?
Ideally, once a day after a shower is enough, but if you have dry skin, you can apply body lotion twice a day.
- Best Body Lotions For Dry Skin
- 10 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Dry Skin
- Best Body Lotions For Oily Skin – Our Top 10 Picks
- 9 Best Fragrance-Free Lotions For Dry Skin
- Best Cocoa Butter Lotions – Our Top 10 Picks
- 10 Best In-Shower Body Lotions to Look Out