Let’s get this straight: fair skin is a misconstrued idea of beauty. Your skin tone does not determine your beauty. However, spots, pigmentation, discoloration, age spots, and other skin issues can make your skin appear dull, dry, and dark. Skin lightening creams can work on these issues and make your skin healthy and glowing. We have compiled a list of the best skin lightening and brightening creams and gels on the market. Check it out!
In This Article
Best Skin Lightening Creams, Serums, And Gels To Try In 2023
The Dot & Key Super Bright Moisturizer is clinically proven to brighten the skin by 35% in just 4 weeks. It helps repair dull skin, fade dark spots, and reduce hyperpigmentation. This clean formula promises to offer glowing and even-toned skin. It has the richness of three types of vitamin C – natural vitamin C derived from kakadu plum, ethyl ascorbic acid, and sodium ascorbyl phosphate. This moisturizer also promotes skin elasticity and firmness. It is lightweight and protects against excessive damage from sun exposure. The vitamin E in the cream protects the skin from environmental aggressors and boosts collagen production to improve the overall skin health.
- Dermatologist tested
- Suitable for all skin types
The Derma Co 2% Kojic Acid Face Cream is a dermatologically tested effective formulation for pigmentation removal. It reduces the appearance of post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches. This cream penetrates the skin and minimizes hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and signs of aging. It blocks melanin production and evens out the skin tone. This anti-pigmentation cream is also infused with L-ascorbic acid that protects the skin and accelerates the healing process.
- Mineral-oil free
- Suitable for all skin types
The Jovees Anti-Blemish Pigmentation Cream is infused with a unique blend of Ayurvedic botanical extracts and beneficial herbs. This formula is powered with saffron, olive oil, and almond oil that moisturize your skin while improving its clarity. The formula is made using state-of-the-art technology to ensure that the properties of its ingredients are thoroughly preserved. The cream evens out and brightens your skin tone, minimizes pigmentation, and reduces blemishes. This formula also is effective in combating bacterial damage, eliminating blackheads and whiteheads, and preventing any chance of future skin discolorations.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Reduces acne scars and pigmentation
- Brightens the skin tone
St. Botanica Pure Radiance Day Cream is a skin-brightening, anti-aging, and moisturizing cream. It contains vitamins A, C, and E, botanical hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed collagen, and shea butter that rejuvenate the skin. All these ingredients add a youthful radiance, moisturize, and hydrate your skin. This face cream also helps restore elasticity, ensures long-lasting moisture, speeds up cell turnover, and protects your skin from damaging sun exposure with SPF 21.
- Brightens the skin
- Anti-aging formula
- Moisturizes the skin
- SPF 21
- Hydrates the skin
- Restores skin elasticity
- No mineral oil
Olay White Radiance Tone Perfecting Essence penetrates the layers of the skin to bring sustainable changes to the skin tone. Unlike regular skin-lightening fairness products, it uses sophisticated methods such as Pearl Optics technology to boost fairness and glow naturally. It has a light-weight texture and enticing fragrance of Rose petals and Jasmine. It works to reduce dark spots and discoloration on the skin, removes dark cycles by thoroughly hydrating the skin. Improves the appearance of the skin by balancing the skin tone from within.
- Regenerates skin and optimizes the appearance
- Reduces dark spots and evens the skin tone
- Pearl Optics technology for visible changes in the appearance
- Exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells
- Hydrates and smoothens the skin surface
- Removes discoloration on the skin to make it brighter and glowing
Plum E-luminence Deep Moisturizing Creme restores the natural glow of your skin while providing 24-hour intense hydration. It contains 12 plant extracts such as calendula, kokum, sunflower, chamomile, grape, rose, and sea buckthorn that nourish the skin to reveal a radiant glow. Glycerin, vitamin E, and jojoba oil provide intense hydration to normal, dry, and very dry skin. This product is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and safe to use.
- Provides all-day-long hydration
- Repairs the skin
- Imparts radiance to the skin
- Natural extracts
- Suitable for dry, sensitive skin
- Not suitable for oily and acne-prone skin
This day and night face gel is suitable for all skin types. This anti-blemish and anti-pigmentation face gel contains papaya and saffron extracts, two skin brightening ingredients, along with skin-soothing aloe vera. All these ingredients together moisturize dry skin, repair any skin damage, hydrate it, and keep it bright and blemish-free. This gel also helps control excessive oil production and minimizes the effect of sun damage on your skin.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Mineral oil-free
- No harmful chemicals
- Might cause a tingling sensation.
This is a skin lightening day cream that contains microcrystals and essential vitamins that polish your skin to make it glow. This advanced fairness cream contains sun protection that prevents dark spots and blemishes. It claims to control breakouts and make your skin softer and smoother.
- Contains SPF 30
- Contains titanium dioxide
- Prevents breakouts
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- May not suit dry skin
The above-listed skin lightening creams, gels, and serums are among the best you can find on the market. The following section will tell you what to consider before buying any.
What To Consider Before Buying Skin Lightening Creams, Serums, And Gels
- Skin Type: The most crucial factor to consider before buying any skincare product is the skin type. These skin lightening creams are meant to function differently on different skin types. Make a purchase based on your skin type, whether it is dry, oily, or a combination.
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients list before buying any skin lightening cream. Natural and organic ingredients like aloe vera, tulsi, neem etc. are safe for all skin types. But artificial additives and chemicals should be avoided. You may check with a dermatologist before going for products containing them, especially if you have sensitive skin. Besides, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, better not to go for that cream.
- Side Effects: Although all the branded skin lightening creams are approved and tested, they still may cause side effects to some. Hence, check the reviews before you purchase.
- Fragrance: A pleasant and mildly fragrant product will always win over an odorless or an unpleasant smelling cream or gel.
- Price: The price of a product depends on the ingredients used. A highly-priced cream most often has high-quality ingredients. But you can opt for a mid-range skin lightening cream that promises to deliver the expected results should your budget be low. Avoid buying cheap creams as they may contain substandard ingredients.
Additionally, you may also check for the brand reputation and the brand’s quality and testing procedures.
Remember, merely applying fairness and brightening creams will not give any results if you do not eat healthy, sleep properly, drink enough water, and follow a healthy lifestyle. Glowing and healthy skin is all about commitment – it doesn’t happen overnight. Try any of these skin lightening creams and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Skin lightening creams are mostly used to correct skin-related troubles including hyperpigmentation, discoloration, patches, and age spots. These creams also reinstate the natural glow in your face and help you in dealing with unwanted blemishes. You should choose a skin lightening cream that can moisturize your skin and nourish its deeper layers. When choosing the best one for your skin, it is better to check whether the cream comprises any toxins, chemicals, or harmful additives. You should avoid lightening creams that are too greasy on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any specific precautions to take when using skin lightening products during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
It is recommended to use products that are formulated with organic and gentle ingredients during pregnancy and breastfeeding. This is because your skin’s sensitivity increases during this time due to hormonal changes. However, it is advisable to check with your healthcare professional.
What is the recommended frequency of use for skin lightening creams?
You may use the product twice daily in the morning and at night. Do make sure to check the product label as well.
Can skin lightening products be used in combination with other skincare products?
Skin lightening products are safe to use with other skincare products, like moisturizers and sunscreens if the ingredients do not counteract.
- Best Skin Whitening Soaps Available In India
- Best Skin Whitening Tips That You Can Try At Home
- Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blemishes On Face
- Treat Hyperpigmentation And Tips To Prevent It