Best Anti Dandruff Shampoos Available In India – Our Top 10
Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from scalp. It often causes itching and discomfort and is one of the biggest skin related problems during winter. Not just the discomfort but the embarrassment it causes! You wear your favorite black dress and walk into a party looking glamorous and confident till someone notices those flakes on your shoulder! Can it get any worse?
Have you wondered why you get dandruff ever and how to reduce dandruff? After a lot of studying into it, it has been found that its not just one factor that causes this. Dry skin on scalp, oily skin on scalp, not combing enough or mental stress and a few more! There is much you need to watch out for. Fortunately, our scientist have even found ways to cure us of this problem. Various shampoos are available in market to cure dandruff and we have prepared a list of the best anti dandruff shampoos in India for women.
1. Matrix Biolage Scalp Therapie Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This isn’t the first of matrix products to be so very popular and for a very good reason, Scalptherapie is the only one combine the refreshing powers of kola nut and mint complex to control the oil secretion without over drying your hair!
Price: Rs 190 for 200ml
It contains Pyrithione Zinc and Bio Cushion Complex. It cleanses scalp and removes all pollutant thereby uprooting dandruff troubles completely.
- Works well even for stubborn dandruff
- Good quantity
- Does not make hair dry or frizzy
- Contains a lot of chemicals
- Fragrance of the shampoo does not last very long
An oily scalp just like oily skin is a breeding ground for infections and dandruff on oily scalp can just be the result of fungal or yeast infection. This products contains an anti-fungal agent called ketoconasol. This agent kills the fungi’s ability to produce cell membrane due to which it can be removed completely. This agent has very many uses but the one we love the most id the one that allows it to be bottled and used to remove our dandruff!
- Effective on dandruff
- Difference after just one wash
- Smells Good
- Helps in reducing hair loss caused by dandruff
- Very affordable
- Contains SLS
- May not be available is small cities
3. Cipla 8X anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This is a popularly prescribed product by dermatologists. It seems to be quite a go to product when it comes to cleansing the scalp from dandruff no matter what the cause.
Price: Rs 155 for 100ml
Apart from Cicloprix and Zin Pyrithione , this shampoo also contains Aloe Vera extracts for conditioning of hair.
- Zinc Pyrithione is 1.0% which is the best. It shouldn’t be more than 1%. Most anti-dandruff shampoo contains this ingredient.
- Recommended by dermatologists too
- Itching of scalps is significantly removed
- Available mostly at medical stores.
- The bottle is not very attractive (which matters for some ladies)
4. The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo:
This is product that body shop delivered as a blessing to all those with dry scalps! It not only clears flakes but the ginger component also soothes the scalp.
Price: Rs 495 for 200ml , Rs 795 for 400ml
One of the best things about TBS products is this that they do not indulge in cruel Animal Testing. So If you believe in using brands that don’t test on animals only this fits the bill!
- Removes oil effectively
- Relief from itchiness
- dandruff starts to fade away after some time and does not come back
- Little quantity is required
- Sturdy packaging
- Contains SLS as well as Parabens
- Not good for regular use
5. Pantene Pro-V Anti Dandruff Shampoo:
Can’t find the right shampoo for your scalp? Then why not try this one that has been formulated to work on scalp types.
Price: Rs 120 for 180ml
This shampoo has ZPT and Pro-V complex
- Visible dandruff reduction after just few washes
- Suited for daily use
- Dandruff does not comes back
- Fragrance stays for long
- Smoothens Hairs
- Contains SLS
- Not that effective for heavy dandruff
6. Avon Naturals Tea Tree and Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
Tea tree and thyme, now doesn’t the name of the components itself inspire a very calm feeling. It is however not as natural as it sounds as it contains a fairly good dosage of silicones and SLS.
Price: Rs 89 for 100ml
If scalp irritation due to dandruff is your biggest worry, than this might be just the right shampoo for you. It soothes scalp effectively.
- Travel friendly pack
- Makes hair soft and smooth
- Relieves itching
- Does not contain Parabens
- Suits normal to dry hair really well
- Is not very effective on oily dandruff
- Only available through an Avon rep.
- Contains Sulphates and Silicones
7. VLCC Rosemary Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This is a thoroughly natural product formulated to improve hair condition as it fights away the ever worrying the dandruff problem!
Key ingredients of this shampoo are Tea tree oil, Rosemary, Indian Gooseberry, Hibiscus Flower and Margosa. The company claims that it is an Ayurvedic Product.
tea tress and rosemary oil work on the dandruff while the rest of the ingredients work against premature graying while improve hair condition.
Price: Rs160 for 200 ml
Shelf life of VlCC Rosemary shampoo is 3yrs
- Lathers well
- Controls excess oil secretion from Scalp
- Solves acute dandruff
- Good packaging
- Fragrance is not good
- Won’t cure chronic/serious dandruff
8. Clear Nourishing scalp care anti-dandruff shampoo:
Clear Nourishing scalp care anti-dandruff shampoo contains Nutrium 10 as a vital ingredient which is said to work against dandruff and also improve the scalp condition which leaves the hair healthy and beautiful.The company claims it removes dandruff issues right from the root by penetrating deep into the scalp.
Price: Rs 224 for 400ml
- Cleans hair effectively
- Reduces itchiness and dandruff up to a certain level
- Nice fragrance
- Makes hair soft