Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from scalp. It often causes itching and discomfort and is one of the biggest skin related problems during winter. Not just the discomfort but the embarrassment it causes! You wear your favorite black dress and walk into a party looking glamorous and confident till someone notices those flakes on your shoulder! Can it get any worse?
Have you wondered why you get dandruff ever and how to reduce dandruff? After a lot of studying into it, it has been found that its not just one factor that causes this. Dry skin on scalp, oily skin on scalp, not combing enough or mental stress and a few more! There is much you need to watch out for. Fortunately, our scientist have even found ways to cure us of this problem. Various shampoos are available in market to cure dandruff and we have prepared a list of the best anti dandruff shampoos in India for women.
1. Matrix Biolage Scalp Therapie Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This isn’t the first of matrix products to be so very popular and for a very good reason, Scalptherapie is the only one combine the refreshing powers of kola nut and mint complex to control the oil secretion without over drying your hair!
Price: Rs 190 for 200ml
It contains Pyrithione Zinc and Bio Cushion Complex. It cleanses scalp and removes all pollutant thereby uprooting dandruff troubles completely.
- Works well even for stubborn dandruff
- Good quantity
- Does not make hair dry or frizzy
- Contains a lot of chemicals
- Fragrance of the shampoo does not last very long
An oily scalp just like oily skin is a breeding ground for infections and dandruff on oily scalp can just be the result of fungal or yeast infection. This products contains an anti-fungal agent called ketoconasol. This agent kills the fungi’s ability to produce cell membrane due to which it can be removed completely. This agent has very many uses but the one we love the most id the one that allows it to be bottled and used to remove our dandruff!
[ Read : How To Use Lemon To Get Rid Of Dandruff ]
- Effective on dandruff
- Difference after just one wash
- Smells Good
- Helps in reducing hair loss caused by dandruff
- Very affordable
- Contains SLS
- May not be available is small cities
3. Cipla 8X anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
This is a popularly prescribed product by dermatologists. It seems to be quite a go to product when it comes to cleansing the scalp from dandruff no matter what the cause.
Price: Rs 155 for 100ml
Apart from Cicloprix and Zin Pyrithione , this shampoo also contains Aloe Vera extracts for conditioning of hair.
- Zinc Pyrithione is 1.0% which is the best. It shouldn’t be more than 1%. Most anti-dandruff shampoo contains this ingredient.
- Recommended by dermatologists too
- Itching of scalps is significantly removed
- Available mostly at medical stores.
- The bottle is not very attractive (which matters for some ladies)
[ Read:Simple Dandruff Remedies ]
4. The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo:
This is product that body shop delivered as a blessing to all those with dry scalps! It not only clears flakes but the ginger component also soothes the scalp.
Price: Rs 495 for 200ml , Rs 795 for 400ml
One of the best things about TBS products is this that they do not indulge in cruel Animal Testing. So If you believe in using brands that don’t test on animals only this fits the bill!
- Removes oil effectively
- Relief from itchiness
- dandruff starts to fade away after some time and does not come back
- Little quantity is required
- Sturdy packaging
- Contains SLS as well as Parabens
- Not good for regular use
Latest posts by Eshna (see all)
- Top 5 Hair Products For Indian Hair - January 9, 2013
- Best Anti Dandruff Shampoos Available In India – Our Top 10 - January 4, 2013
- Top 10 Skin Lightening Creams - January 1, 2013
- Top 10 Skin Creams For Indian Skin - December 31, 2012