Neem has special significance in skin care. This medicinal plant is rich in antioxidants and is a very common ingredient in Ayurvedic, ancient Chinese, and Unani medicine. It has antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties (1). This is why neem is the most common ingredient in skin care products, especially face washes.
Compared to any other face wash, neem-based face washes are superior skin care choices as they work much better in keeping your skin healthy. Scroll down to find the list of the must-have neem face washes.
In This Article
Best Neem Face Washes Available In India
1. Best Overall:Khadi Natural Neem Face Wash
If you have oily and acne-prone skin and are looking for a natural face wash, you can trust this face wash to clean and refresh your skin. Khadi Naturals is a brand known for its natural and handmade formulas. This product has a non-drying formula that will not make your skin feel tight after cleansing.
- Checked for purity
- Tested against harmful reactants
- No animal testing
- ISO, GMP, WHO certified
2. Best For Acne:Vaadi Herbals Neem Face Wash
This is a double-action face wash that regulates excess sebum production and controls acne. It kills acne-causing bacteria and keeps your skin clean. The neem extracts have an astringent effect on your skin that prevents further breakouts. The tea tree oil in this face wash helps in proper healing.
- Not tested on animals
- 100% chemical-free
- ISO certified
- 100% organic product (certified) GMP certified
- Contains environment-friendly ingredients
3. Best For Redness:Jovees Herbal Neem Face Wash
The Jovees Herbal Neem Face Wash is infused with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory neem extracts to treat acne and reduce pimples. It reduces skin redness, treats existing breakouts, and prevents scarring. The formula is also enriched with tea tree extracts that deep clean and disinfect the pores, while the lemon extracts promote skin cell regeneration. This potent formula also reduces fine lines and promotes healthy, glowing skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
4. Best Oil-Free:Mamaearth Tea Tree Face Wash With Tea Tree And Neem
This face wash contains tea tree and neem extracts that cleanse your face thoroughly and prevent acne. It fights bacteria and regulates excess sebum production without stripping the natural oils of your skin. It also contains aloe vera that soothes inflammation.
- Dermatologically tested
- No artificial fragrance
5. Best Foaming Formula:Biotique Bio Neem Purifying Face Wash
This face wash has a gel-based and foaming formula. The Ayurvedic formula combines neem, reetha, and kulanjan extracts that prevent pimples, brighten your skin, and keep it soft.
- Contains natural extracts
- No harmful chemicals
6. Best Moisturizing:Nature’s Essence Neem And Aloe Vera Face Wash
Apart from neem and aloe vera, this face wash contains turmeric extracts. It claims to keep dirt, impurities, and pimples at bay by keeping your skin pores clean. It has a moisturizing effect on your skin (because of aloe vera) and keeps it clear and soft.
- 100% soap-free
- Mild (suitable for sensitive skin)
- Light herbal fragrance
- Full ingredients list not available.
7. Best For All Skin Types:Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash
This face wash by Himalaya Herbals is specially formulated to give you clear and smooth skin. It removes excess oil without overdrying your skin. It contains neem and turmeric extracts that kill pimple and acne-causing bacteria and keep your skin pores clean and problem-free.
- Suitable for oily skin
- Mild fragrance
- Tends to dry out the skin
[ Read – Top Rated Himalaya Beauty Products Reviews ]
This face wash is enriched with the goodness of neem and tea tree oil. It helps to prevent pimples and breakouts, reduce inflammation, and fight bacterial action. It removes excess oil from your skin and helps to keep the pores clean.
- Mild herbal fragrance
- Suitable for oily to normal skin
- Packaging could have been better.
9. Best For Eczema-Prone Skin:Lotus Herbals Neemwash
This face wash contains active neem slices and a high concentration of neem that keep your skin clear and free of impurities and bacteria. It also contains clove extracts. This face wash has a soothing effect on your skin and claims to be suitable for eczema-prone skin.
- Clinically verified for mildness
- Contains neem leaves
- Full ingredients list not available.
- Not suitable for all skin types
10. Shahnaz Husain Tulsi-Neem Face Wash
This is an Ayurvedic face wash that contains tulsi, aloe vera, and lemon extracts along with neem. It cleans your skin gently and removes dead skin cells and other impurities that clog the skin pores.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Contains SLS
- Contains DMDM
Neem face washes are especially beneficial for problematic skin and those who are struggling with excess oil and pimples. We hope that the list will help you determine the right pick for you. Do let us know which neem face wash you picked and how it worked for your skin. Post your feedback in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can neem face washes help with acne-prone skin?
Yes, neem helps regulate and balance oil secretion and contains antibacterial properties, therefore, neem face washes may help with acne-prone skin.
Can neem face washes help in reducing the appearance of acne scars or blemishes?
Yes, neem contains vitamin E that helps repair damaged cells, and may help in reducing the appearance of acne scars and blemishes.
Do neem face washes have any potential side effects or allergic reactions?
Neem face washes do not have any major side effects. However, it may cause skin and eye irritation and dryness in rare cases.
Are there any specific neem face washes recommended for individuals with dry skin?
The Khadi Natural Neem Face Wash is one of the best neem face washes with a non-drying formula.
Can neem face washes be used in combination with other skin care products?
Yes, neem face washes work similarly to any other face wash and helps cleanse and prepare skin for other skin care products.
- “Therapeutics Role of Azadirachta indica (Neem) and Their Active Constituents in Diseases Prevention and Treatment” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Best Aroma Magic Face Washes Available In India
- Best Foaming Face Washes Available In India
- Best Scrubs For Dry Skin Available In India
- Best Face Washes For Teenagers Available In India
- Best Washes For Winter Available In India