No one likes any sort of scalp irritation on their head, especially if it is accompanied by visible dandruff, white flakes, and itchiness. An excellent antifungal shampoo is the most effective solution for these hair problems. However, it is essential to figure out the root cause of your dandruff and scalp issues to get your hands on the right product. Here we have the perfect list to assist you in choosing the right antifungal shampoo for your scalp needs.
Let’s take a look!
10 Best Antifungal Shampoos Available Right Now
Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is formulated with an active ingredient called ketoconazole that works best to get rid of dandruff. This shampoo is undoubtedly a big hit and recommended by most doctors as a permanent dandruff solution. It is also effective on the fungal acne-like pimples or whiteheads on your skin. Dermatologists also swear by this product as it helps in getting rid of unwanted bumps. Additionally, Nizoral is considered to be the best shampoo for treating ringworm.
- Effective dandruff treatment
- Treats fungal acne
- Reduces itching
- Quick results
- May cause an allergic reaction
- May cause dryness
Healthy Hair Plus Anti-Fungal Shampoo is the right fit for you if you have fungal acne and flaky scalp problems. The formula of this shampoo consists of emu oil, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps alleviate swollen or painful areas on the scalp. It eliminates bacteria and fungus at the same time. It also contains coconut oil that is rich in caprylic, capric, and lauric acids. These fatty acids have potent antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial effects. The grapeseed oil in this shampoo boosts hair growth.
- Treats flaky scalp and acne
- Moisturizes the hair
- Antibacterial properties
- Stimulates hair growth
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Special Formula Shampoo contains tea tree oil that hydrates your scalp and hair. Its antifungal and antibacterial formula treats dryness, itching, and flaking on the scalp. It also contains rosemary and lavender that naturally eradicate lice. It promotes fast hair growth and prevents hair loss and hair thinning. This shampoo is free from harsh ingredients like sulfates and parabens. It is one of the best organic antifungal shampoos out there.
- Washes away dandruff flakes
- Hydrates your scalp and hair
- Boosts hair volume
- Promotes hair growth
- Suitable for chemically-treated hair
- Leaves your hair tangled
- May cause skin irritation
If you’re longing for healthy hair and scalp for days now, ProBliva Fungus Shampoo for Hair & Scalp is the best cure. This antifungal shampoo deals with several problems like itching, flaking, and irritation on the scalp. It reduces inflammation and soothes your damaged scalp. Its ingredients include coconut oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed extract that can heal any damage caused by fungus. The emu oil in it is a tough emulsifier that boosts the health of your scalp and hair. It is one of the best and natural antifungal shampoos.
- Reduces scalp issues caused by fungus, bacteria, and ringworm
- Decrease oil secretion from sebaceous glands
- Reduces itchiness, flaking, and inflammation
- Moisturizes your hair from root to tip
- May cause mild irritation
- Excessive use might lead to hair loss
Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo is one of the top-rated products that wonders for severe scalp issues like seborrheic dermatitis, scalp psoriasis, and dandruff. It contains menthol that has a long-lasting soothing effect on your scalp. The active ingredient in this shampoo is Neutar (coal tar extract) that slows down the overproduction of skin cells on the scalp and reduces inflammation.
- Effectively treats seborrheic dermatitis, scalp psoriasis, and dandruff
- Reduces inflammation and flaking
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Safe for color-treated hair
- May cause hair staining
PsoriaTrax Anti-Dandruff Tar Shampoo contains a 5% coal tar solution that helps battle psoriasis and prevents it from coming back. It gives instant results to eliminate the stubborn, hard dandruff on your hair. It is also effective in treating eczema and seborrheic dermatitis. This maximum-strength antifungal shampoo is steroid-free.
- Treats psoriasis, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis
- Prevents flare-ups
- Eliminates all dandruff-causing symptoms
- Quick results
- Strong fragrance
DHS Zinc Shampoo is one of the easiest ways to clear all sorts of fungi and bacteria from your scalp. It contains 2% zinc pyrithione, which is highly effective in treating dandruff. Dermatologists highly recommend this shampoo for treating all types of scalp issues. DHS Zinc Shampoo improves the growth cycle of your hair, calms irritated skin, provides relief from itching and flaking, and reduces hair thinning.
- Relieves irritation and flaking
- Treats dandruff
- Soothes the scalp
- Conditions the hair
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- May cause blistering issues in rare cases
Zatural Naked Neem Therapeutic Hair & Scalp Shampoo contains several fatty acids that nourish your scalp. It contains neem oil that prevents free radical damage on the scalp and stimulates hair follicle growth. It revitalizes undernourished hair by reducing flaking and itchiness on your scalp. It is effective against several fungi like candida, which is one of the leading causes of dandruff. It promotes thicker hair growth and reduces redness and irritation on the scalp.
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties
- Suitable for dry and oily scalps
- Smoothens the hair
- Stimulates hair follicle growth
- Regulates the secretion of sebum on the scalp
- Not suitable for children
Scalpe Pro Daily Anti-Dandruff shampoo is ideal for treating scalp issues of both men and women. It works well to prevent the trouble on your scalp caused by different kinds of bacteria and fungi. The climbazole and zinc pyrithione in it attack Malassezia, the root cause of dandruff. It also contains piroctone olamine that improves hair thickness and a conditioning base that prevents dryness. You can see noticeable changes in your scalp within 2-3 uses of this shampoo.
- Treats dandruff
- Conditions the hair
- Gets rid of build-up
- Adds volume
- Suitable for daily use
Tea tree oil is a natural remedy for fungal scalp infections. Brooklyn Botany Tea Tree Shampoo is rich in nourishing ingredients like tea tree oil, aloe vera, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, and castor oil. These ingredients soothe, rejuvenate, and hydrate your hair. This is the best antifungal shampoo with rich ingredients that smell amazing and invigorate your scalp.
- Reduces itching and flaking
- Conditions the hair
- Treats hair loss and hair thinning
- Suitable for chemically-treated hair.
- Excessive use may lead to scalp irritation
- Makes hair follicles swell
The antifungal shampoos listed above work delicately to solve all your scalp problems. They are clinically tested and recommended by doctors. Pick an antifungal shampoo from this list to get the kind of healthy hair you have always desired.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
How long does antifungal shampoo take to work?
Antifungal shampoos should be used according to the instructions given by your dermatologist. Using such products frequently may result in certain side-effects as these products contain potent ingredients. Nevertheless, if you follow a proper hair care routine, you’ll see visible results within 2-4 weeks of usage.
What causes scalp fungal infection?
One of the most common forms of scalp fungus is ringworm, scientifically known as Tinea capitis. However, this condition is not caused by worms but is named such because of the round rings that appear on your scalp. Such a fungal infection causes scalp issues like itchiness, flakiness, and major dandruff problems. Ringworm is most common among toddlers and school children and is a contagious infection. It may occur in various age groups.
How can you get rid of scalp fungal infection?
The right antifungal shampoo can help you eliminate the root cause of your scalp problem. Fungal infections can spread throughout your scalp if they are not treated adequately. As soon as you find notice any scalp problems, you must take the necessary precautions and consult a doctor.
- 10 Best Medicated Shampoos To Buy In 2020
- Best Anti-Dandruff Shampoos Available In India – Our Top 16
- 10 Best Tea Tree Oil Shampoos Available In India
- 12 Best Shampoos Available In India – 2020 Update
Latest posts by Oyendrila Kanjilal (see all)
- How To Avoid Cakey Foundation – Tricks To Avoid Cakey Makeup - August 3, 2020
- How To Remove Powder Dip Nails At Home – A Complete Guide - July 31, 2020
- 11 Best Baby Hair Brushes – 2020 - July 7, 2020
- 10 Best Antifungal Shampoos – 2020 - July 7, 2020
- 10 Best Wooden Hair Brushes (2020) – Reviews And Buying Guide - July 3, 2020