Did you know that hair conditioners that are not for your hair type can actually make your hair oilier? If you are wondering ah…that’s where I have been going wrong, then yes, my dear, you are right. What you need is a lightweight and balancing hair conditioner that adds bounce to your flat and oily hair. When you choose a shampoo for oily hair, you must also take care to opt for a good conditioner for oily hair; otherwise, the benefits of the oil-free shampoo will go for a toss and you will be back at square one. It’s high time you avoid the confusion and choose the right hair conditioner for oily hair. We have a list of the best conditioners for oily hair below. Take a look.
Top 10 Hair Conditioners For Oily Hair
- Avalon Organics Lemon Conditioner
- Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner
- Rahua Voluminous Conditioner
- IGK 30,000 Feet Volume Conditioner
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner
- The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Conditioner
- Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Conditioner
- Lush Cosmetics Veganese Conditioner
- Ouai Volume Conditioner
- Living Proof Full Conditioner
1. Avalon Organics Lemon Conditioner For Oily Hair
Avalon Organics Lemon Conditioner is easily the best conditioner for oily hair as it adds shine and bounce to your hair. It also makes your hair color look fresh. It cleans product buildup and makes the hair healthy.
The hair conditioner contains lemon essential oil, vitamin E, chamomile, and aloe vera extracts that nourish your hair without making it oily.
- Not great for detangling
- Consistency is too thick
2. Desert Essence Lemon Tea Conditioner For Oily Hair
Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner makes your hair soft and silky without weighing it down.
The hair conditioner strengthens your hair and soothes the scalp. It contains jojoba seed oil and lemon extract that revitalize your hair.
- Mood lifting fragrance
- Works well even on very thin hair
- Does not moisturize too well
- Need to use a lot of product for good results
3. Rahua Voluminous Conditioner For Oily Hair
Rahua Voluminous Conditioner holds the hair well and adds volume to it. It makes your hair sleek and bouncy.
The hair conditioner contains lavender and eucalyptus that is calming to the senses and healthy for the hair.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Can be used as a styling cream too
- Inconvenient packaging
[ Read: Best Leave-in Conditioners ]
4. IGK 30,000 Feet Volume Conditioner For Oily Hair
IGK 30,000 Feet Volume Conditioner is the best conditioner for fine oily hair as it lifts fine and flat hair. It adds body, shine, and strength to your hair.
The hair conditioner hydrates and detangles hair effectively. It contains proteins that protect the hair and add volume to it.
- Pleasing smell
- Can make the hair dry
- Fragrance does not last long
5. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner For Oily Hair
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Conditioner adds life to worn-out locks and maintains the moisture levels of the hair.
The hair conditioner contains tea tree oil, peppermint, and lavender extracts that soften and detangle hair.
- Gentle on hair
- Good fragrance
- Not moisturizing enough
- Not travel-friendly
6. The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Conditioner For Oily Hair
The Body Shop Rainforest Radiance Conditioner softens hair and adds shine to it. It works well on color-treated hair.
The hair conditioner contains coconut oil, soya oil, and aloe vera extracts that condition the hair and make it manageable.
- Need to invert the bottle to get the product out
7. Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Conditioner For Oily Hair
Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Conditioner is the best conditioner for oily scalp as it helps balance the oil production in your hair. It is intensely moisturizing and nourishing.
The hair conditioner contains burdock root and sage extracts that make the scalp healthy and the hair bouncy.
- Not tested on animals
- Unappealing smell
- Weird consistency
[ Read: Best Silicone-Free Conditioners ]
8. Lush Cosmetics Veganese Conditioner For Oily Hair
Lush Cosmetics Veganese Conditioner nourishes the hair without weighing it down. It is perfect for fine and limp hair.
The hair conditioner contains seaweed gel and lavender that soothe and soften the hair.
- Light on hair
- Leaves residue
- Does not help in detangling hair
9. Ouai Volume Conditioner For Oily Hair
Ouai Volume Conditioner peps lifeless hair by adding volume and bounce to it without making it greasy.
The hair conditioner provides a full-bodied look to your hair with its specially formulated Smart Technology Complex.
- Bad fragrance
- Dull packaging
10. Living Proof Full Conditioner For Oily Hair
This product from Living Proof is a lightweight conditioner for oily hair that thickens fine and flat hair and adds bounce to it. The hair conditioner contains lightweight conditioning agents that help fine hair look naturally thick.
- Helps detangle hair easily
- Inconvenient flip opener
- Unappealing smell
*Prices may vary
*Subject to Availability
Conditioning hair after shampooing is a healthy practice, but if you choose an unsuitable conditioner for your hair type, it can have the opposite effect. Especially in the case of oily hair. Avoid this and along with an oil-free shampoo, pick one of the above listed best conditioners for oily hair.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How often must I condition my oily hair?
You must condition your oily hair every time you shampoo your hair.
Is it necessary to condition oily hair?
Yes, hair conditioners for oily hair enhance the way your hair looks and feels and also provide a bounce that is tough to achieve with just shampooing.
- Top 15 Hair Conditioners Available In India
- Top 13 Conditioners For Dry And Frizzy Hair
- 5 Simple Homemade Conditioners For Damaged Hair
- Best 2-In-1 Shampoos And Conditioners
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- Top 10 Scalp Massage Brushes – 2019 - June 11, 2018
- How To Do A Face Clean Up At Home – In 6 Simple Steps - April 6, 2018
- How To Grow Thick Hair – 10 Easy Tips - April 5, 2018
- How To Balance The pH Level Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look? - February 28, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Dandruff And Dry Scalp? - February 28, 2018