A kabuki brush is the answer to all of your makeup woes. It is a makeup bag staple for everyone because the best kabuki brush can help you apply all types of face makeup products. Kabuki brushes are super fluffy and have fine bristles, and they function as a magic wand. They can effortlessly blend, contour, conceal, buff, and set in bronzer and powder. Their densely packed bristles help blend makeup to give a natural coverage. While traditional kabuki brushes are rounded, you will now get them in different shapes.
So, all the makeup enthusiasts out there, scroll down to learn more about them and pick from our list of the 13 best kabuki brushes available online.
In This Article
What Is A Kabuki Brush?
Kabuki brushes can blend makeup seamlessly, so much so that you’ll regret not buying it earlier. A classic kabuki brush has a mushroom-like shape with dense, soft bristles and a short handle (or stem). Promising full coverage and impeccable blending, the denser the bristles are the fewer the chances of streaks on the skin. Nowadays, these brushes are available in different shapes and sizes. From round, angular, and dome brush heads to longer stems, the options are endless for you to choose from!
Now that you’ve learned what a kabuki brush is and how to take care of one, go pick yours from the list of the 13 best kabuki brushes that we’ve chosen for you! (they are budget-friendly too!) Read on to know more.
13 Best Kabuki Brushes In 2022 For Smooth Makeup
1. Best Long-Lasting Bristles: Lamora Flat Top Kabuki Brush
Airbrush those imperfections away with the Lamora Flat Top Kabuki Brush. Giving an exquisite feel to your gorgeous skin with soft, dense, and silky bristles, no doubt this kabuki brush promises to exceed your makeup expectations. With high-quality synthetic bristles and a firm wooden stem, the flat top brush head can handle all your makeup woes. A great brush for blending liquid foundation, contouring or setting in sheer powders, Lamora Flat Top Kabuki Brush is undoubtedly a luxury available at an affordable price!
- Sturdy wooden and copper handle
- Long-lasting and silky bristles
- Can be used as a blush brush
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Non-absorbent and does not trap excess product in the bristles.
- Slight shedding after regular use.
2. Best Skin-Friendly: Daubigny Flawless Foundation Makeup Brush
Ever heard of a magical spell that transforms your skin into every makeup artist’s dream canvas? The spell comes in the form of the right blending brush along with a foundation that’s best suited for your skin tone and type. The Daubigny Flawless Foundation Makeup Brush is a compact tool that helps any makeup product glide smoothly over your face for even application. Blending makeup in the nose, jawline, and other areas of the face becomes a cakewalk with it and 10 seconds is all it takes for you to get that perfect look with this 60 mm super large kabuki foundation brush. Cover all your pores and fine lines like never before with this mini kabuki brush that can be used to blend powdered and liquid foundations, concealers, creams, blushes and even highlighters without absorbing any of it. This video helps you know more about the product.
- Over 200,000 dense synthetic bristles
- Soft and skin-friendly
- Streak-free results
- Easy to clean
- Travel-friendly as it comes with a storage case.
- The hexagonal design of the brush could make it a little hard for a few to hold and use.
3. Best Travel-Friendly: Beakey Makeup Brush Set
How to pamper beauty fanatics? Gift them this aesthetic 10-in-1 set of essential makeup brushes. Not only do these kabuki brushes look top-notch but they guarantee seamless finishing and smooth makeup look too. Including some of the best kabuki brushes, with a non-latex sponge, the Beakey Makeup Brush Set also has a brush cleaner. Yep, one stop for all your blending, contouring, and stippling needs, try it to experience the salon-worthy finishing, now at home.
- Ideal for liquid, powder and cream products
- Ensures flawless and smooth makeup look
- No-shedding guarantee
- Strong brush handles and soft bristles
- Travel-friendly and cruelty-free
- Recommended for professional use
- The brush handles may not last long.
4. Best Cruelty-Free: Flat Top Kabuki By Beauty Junkies
Still using your fingertips to blend the foundation? Stop! Because here’s the best kabuki foundation brush that without burning a hole in your pockets will wow you with its flawless and long-lasting coverage. Speaking of coverage, Flat Top Kabuki by Beauty Junkies is no ordinary brush as it seamlessly conceals all the problematic areas too (yep, goodbye uneven skin tones!). Its high-quality, soft, and dense bristles evenly distribute liquid foundation and can be used for buffing and stippling too. Check out this video to know more about this product.
- Natural synthetic bristles
- Promises medium to heavy coverage
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for blending and stippling liquid or powder foundation.
- Not recommended for light coverage
- The brush handle may not be durable.
5. Best Vegan: Flat Top Kabuki Foundation Brush By Keshima
No streaks, no patches, only flawless and smooth skin every single time — that’s what is special about this super dense and top-quality kabuki brush. Ensuring a no-fuss makeup experience, the Flat Top Kabuki Foundation Brush by Keshima is feather-soft, non-absorbent, and also easy-to-clean. Plus, the brush undergoes a 7-step no shedding process, which means long-lasting bristles! A makeup kit staple, all blending and buffing experts, here’s a great option for you.
- High-quality synthetic and soft fibres
- Silky and high-density flat brush head
- Recommended for medium to full coverage
- Ideal for contour, foundation, blush, and highlight
- Vegan product
- Can be used as a stippling brush
- Bristles may shed while cleaning
6. Best For Dense Bristles: Goerti Face And Body Kabuki Brush
The Goerti Face And Body Kabuki Brush is a uniquely-shaped brush that resembles a wave and the ultra-wide brush works quickly on your face and body to blend makeup. You can use the brush to apply foundation, BB cream, bronzer, highlighter, or any order product you wish to. The super-soft bristles ensure an even spread of the makeup without giving caking or smudging. You can bet that your skin will absorb more makeup and not the product. This angled brush works exceptionally well for clavicle and leg makeovers too!
- Dense synthetic bristles
- Suitable for wet and dry use
- Rose gold color ABS plastic handle
- The brush is good for both beginners and professionals.
- The brush may be good on the face and neck, but using it on legs could be time consuming.
7. Best Hypoallergenic: Sigma Beauty Flat Kabuki – F80
When it comes to accentuating the skin’s natural beauty with makeup, Sigma Beauty Flat Kabuki – F80 emerges as one of the top favorites among users. And by users, we mean celebrities, makeup artists, and beauty experts! Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and designed with ultra-soft fibres, a few sweet circular strokes can work like a spell with the powder or liquid foundation. And as for the finishing, this big kabuki brush promises to deliver perfection. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details.
- Award-winning and best-selling kabuki brush
- Sturdy and waterproof ferrule
- Promises airbrush finishing
- Full and natural makeup coverage
- The product is vegan and skin-friendly.
- The bristles may shed
- The brushes may take longer to dry.
8. Best Environment-Friendly: EcoTools Retractable Face Brush
Traveling soon? This chic and eco-friendly kabuki brush is all you need for those quick powder touch-ups on the go! Easy-to-fit in your travel kit, enjoy a hassle-free makeup experience anytime with EcoTools Retractable Face Brush. And since it’s made of renewable and recycled materials, it’s 100% cruelty-free and perfect for vegans too. An ideal way to connect beauty with nature, pocket this retractable kabuki brush today!
- Use for loose or compact powder and bronzer
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Effortless and quick touch-up experience
- Dense, extremely soft and synthetic bristlesPortable and compact brush.
- Bristles may not be dense enough to hold more powder.
- The brush head may be too soft for some users.
9. Best For Sensitive Skin: BS-MALL Makeup Brush Set
Nature defenders, where are you at? Now you can doll-up and flaunt your flawless makeup without feeling the itch of harming the planet. Eco-friendly and with no streaks or patchiness post usage, the BS-Mall Makeup Brush Set will make you want to beauty-up every day! Ideal for beginners and experts, whether you use liquid, cream, or powder-based products, its durable synthetic fibre bristles work seamlessly to give you that neat and natural look. Also, the stem of the brushes in the kabuki brushes set is highly durable and resistant to water; all thanks to old, natural bamboo wood.
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Dense bristles with great holding power
- Robust handle and soft bristles
- Slight shedding may occur after multiple uses.
10.Best Easy To Clean: e.l.f. Cosmetics Makeup Kabuki Face Brush
This cute little kabuki brush is no joke when it comes to broad coverage and smooth finishing. Ergonomically designed, its mushroom-like shape offers a natural evenness that will thrill the beauty geek in you. Plus, the synthetic hair is soft and dense enough to hold both wet and dry products! Giving your skin a heavenly feeling with every stroke, you’ll be stunned how e.l.fing good this synthetic kabuki brush is especially for applying powder, bronzer, and highlighter! And again, isn’t it really cute?
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Ideal for powdering and highlighting
- Easy to use and clean
- Broad brush head offers full coverage
- Some may find the grip slightly uncomfortable
No products found.
If you like stippling, you’ll love the DUcare Kabuki Foundation Brush. With one of the softest and densest brush heads that you’ll ever come across, consider all those minor blemishes, acne scars, and spots concealed. DUcare Kabuki Brush offers an airbrush finish without trapping excess product in the bristles and will make you regret not buying it earlier. Promising the 2 major Cs which are Coverage and Conceal, this full coverage kabuki brush is no ordinary brush, it’s a blend sensation!
- Ideal for concealing, stippling, and blending
- Soft, dense, and long-lasting bristles
- Animal hair-free Soft, smooth,and salon-worthy finishing
- Eco-friendly and durable wooden stem
- May not be easy to clean
Call it a star if you like because the Docolor Professional Kabuki Flat Brush twinkles! Dreamy, exquisite, and rainbow-inspired, this kabuki style brush will make you and your makeup kit standout. Sensitive skin? No problem. Its thick, no-shed, and pastel-hued bristles deliver the silkiest touch. And lest we forget — the handle is eco-friendly, easy-to-use, and comes with a no-fade guarantee! Use it as a highlighter brush or to dust on some blush, this professional makeup brush can also double up as a touch-up stick, anywhere, anytime!
- Unique and rainbow-crafted design
- Can be used as a sculpting brush
- Delivers full coverage and a desirable finish
- No-scratch, no-fade, and no-shed guarantee
- These are the ideal highlighting, dusting, and contouring brushes.
- Not recommended for blending
Need a perfect matte-finish makeover? The WUNDER2 Kabuki Brush is designed to give you a complete airbrush look. All that you need to do is to gently dab the excess powder and move the brush in circular motions. With this, you will have a face that looks flawless and picture-ready instantly. The ultra soft synthetic brush hair is dome-shaped and ideal for everyday use. Choose this kabuki circular brush and look beautiful each day.
- Comfortable grip
- Closes pores and fine lines
- Works best for powder foundations, blushes, and bronzers.
- These powder brushes may not be best suited for liquid makeup
Now that we’ve taken a look at the 13 best kabuki brushes, here’s a brief guide about how you can choose the best one for yourself.
How To Choose The Best Kabuki Brush
The shape of the kabuki brush matters significantly if you are looking at using something that would fit your skin right. A round kabuki brush gives you a large area of coverage for quick makeup application. On the other hand, an angled brush is ideal for an airbrushed look. A flat top kabuki brush offers the incredible ability to hide your blemishes and pigmentation.
Dense kabuki brushes ensure a wide area coverage and help conceal enlarged pores. While using dry or powder-based makeup, dense brushes provide an airbrushed matte finish, while it also enables a smooth finish for wet foundations. Dense brushes also absorb less makeup and evenly distribute it over your face. 60 mm kabuki brushes are considered to be the ideal choice.
If you are a traveller and frequently love to travel, the right brush for you would be a kabuki brush that has a short handle. As a professional or a beginner, a brush with a long handle will give you a better grip and make it easy for you to use it.
Typically, kabuki brush bristles are made from goat or horse hair and this ensures that the brushes are smooth and easy to use. However, if you’re looking to stray away from these types of brushes, you can choose one made of synthetic materials and not have to worry about compromising on quality.
How To Use A Kabuki Brush?
Simple! Gently run the bristles on the product and then buff the powder on the skin or dot the liquid foundation on the skin, and evenly distribute in broad circular motions. Since there are different kinds of Kabuki brushes out there, their uses differ too. The flat top kabuki brush and the rounded brushes are used in circular motions whereas the angular and dome kabuki brushes are used for contouring, and accentuating the cheekbones, nose, or the jawline.
How To Clean A Kabuki Brush?
Considering regular usage can trap in dirt or excess makeup, here’s a quick step-by-step cleansing routine that you must follow to keep the kabuki brushes clean:
- For swift cleaning, use any fast-drying brush cleaner.
- Pour a few drops on a tissue and clean the sides followed by gentle strokes from the ferrule (the metal part) to the tip of the bristles. Repeat until there’s no residue on the tissue.
- Since the solution is fast-drying, the brush is ready to use as soon as you clean it.
- If you don’t have a fast-drying brush cleaner, rinse the brush gently in lukewarm water.
- Apply any soap or shampoo on the bristles and continue to massage gently.
- Rinse the brush again and follow it up with a conditioner.
- Lastly, leave the brush to air-dry. Please do not blow-dry the bristles as they may get frizzy or lose their shine.
Kabuki brushes are compact and incredibly versatile, and you can wear all kinds of makeup with the help of these brushes. You can effortlessly contour, blend, conceal, buff, and also set your bronzer powder. They have densely packed soft bristles that help you get a natural-looking coverage. The ones reviewed in the above list have sturdy handles too. They are skin-friendly and ensure a smooth and flawless makeup look. Consider the shape, density, material, and handle of the kabuki brush that you choose to pick. We recommend you follow a cleaning routine to keep your kabuki brushes clean and clear for your skin’s health.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Chaitra Krishnan is a makeup and fashion enthusiast. Her passion lies in reading and writing informative articles about various beauty products. She has curated a list of kabuki brushes for her readers after thoroughly researching online reviews. Chaitra’s list comprises brushes that can help you with effortless blending, contour, and buff. Not only are these kabuki brushes capable of providing full coverage, but some of them are also vegan and cruelty-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a kabuki brush made from?
Kabuki brushes come in both natural and synthetic materials. The synthetic ones are made of synthetic nylon and other plastic polymers. Natural hair brushes are usually made from the hair of farm animals like goats, horses, and more.
Is a kabuki brush good for liquid foundation?
This depends on the kind of kabuki brushes you buy. Most fluffy kabuki brushes are designed for use with powder makeup, but there are a few kabuki brushes made to effortlessly blend the liquid foundation on your skin.
Are kabuki brushes good for bronzer?
Yes, kabuki brushes can be used for powders, creams, bronzers, blushes and highlighters. They are simple to use and offer quick blending. You need to however check the product before buying and see if it holds good for bronzers.
- Best Brushes For Mineral Powder Foundations
- Best Drugstore Makeup Brushes
- Best Drugstore Foundation Brushes
- Best e.l.f Foundation Brushes