Hand sanitizer and wipes have to be the two most essential and highest-selling products on the market since the pandemic started. Washing hands thoroughly was a highly-advocated practice by many organizations, including The World Health Organization, to protect ourselves from fatal and life-threatening diseases (1). Washing with soap, as well as carrying the best hand sanitizer wipes, is still recommended.
The fact that viruses like Covid 19 were transmitted merely from person to person through the slightest touch, proximity, and even food can be worrisome. Simple objects like phones, keys, wallets, etc., can be easily affected and cause widespread death. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had released many statements, which included appealing to the masses to spend a minimum of 20 seconds while rinsing their hands properly with soap if soaps are not readily available, purchase and carry a sanitizer that contains an alcohol content of 60% (2).
So after everybody began to hoard, there was an apparent shortage and selling out of this product. Therefore, hand sanitizer wipes are the latest development equally beneficial and safe to use anytime and anywhere. The hygiene is guaranteed, plus it is very portable and easy to use. We have compiled a complete list of the best ones making the rounds nowadays.
In This Article
10 Best Hand Sanitizers Wipes
1. Best For All Skin Types: PURELL Hand Sanitizing Wipes
PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Wipes Flow Pack is a trusted product used in hospitals. It claims to kill 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness. They are durable, moisturizing, and light. They sanitize and wipe away the dirt on your hands. This effective formula is free from strong fumes and leaves your hands feeling fresh and clean.
PURELL wipes are tested by dermatologists and safe for all skin types. They are also travel-friendly. They are the most convenient and safe way to clean your and your family’s hands.
- Made of cotton
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Very gentle on hands
- 6” x 7” wipes
- Made in the USA
- Suitable for all ages
- Resealable packaging
2. Best Hypoallergenic: Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes
Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes kill 99.99% of germs. It makes the hand clean. These wipes are ideal for an everyday mess, sticky food, and dirt. These wipes are formulated to be tough on dirt and germs, gentle on the skin. It provides a convenient feature of carrying individual wraps and fits easily in pockets, lunch box, backpack, etc. You can go through this honest review to know more about the merits of using these wet wipes.
- Unpleasant fragrance
3. Best For Daily Use: Germ-Away Antibacterial Sanitizing Wipes
Hands are great transmitters of airborne diseases. Sanitizing your hand is necessary, especially before you eat or touch your face. Germ-Away Antibacterial Sanitizing Wipes are formulated to kill 99.9% of germs. They are effective in moisturizing the skin and are lemon-scented. These wipes are tough for dirt & bacteria and gentle to keep skin soft and healthy.
- Suitable for daily use
- Non-alcohol based
- The sachets may not be very easy to open.
4. Best Gentle Formula: EO Lavender Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Keep your hands clean and fresh with the luxurious EO Lavender Hand Sanitizer Wipes. They contain 62% alcohol and are 99.9% effective against most common germs. They exude a soothing lavender fragrance that calms your senses and relaxes you instantly. The fabric is made of sustainable and biodegradable bamboo cloth. Vegetable glycerin and an organic herbal blend of chamomile and calendula are added to replenish moisture and rejuvenate your skin.
- Effective disinfectant
- Gentle formula
- Contains natural oils
- Refreshing fragrance
- Softens your skin
Limited to one purchase per customer due to high demand
5. Best Travel-Friendly: Form + Function Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Form + Function Hand Sanitizing Wipes are very effective in killing disease-causing germs. They are gentle on the hands and help moisturize the skin. They are convenient to carry and easy to use anytime, anywhere.
- Kill germs in 15 seconds
- Soft and non-abrasive fabric
- Fresh fragrance
Extremely thin fabric
6. Best For Sensitive Skin: Care4 Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Care4 Hand Sanitizing Wipes are formulated to sanitize your hands when you are on the go. They are made with 70% ethyl alcohol and help kill 99.99% of the common and potentially harmful bacteria. Their aloe and vitamin E-infused formula is gentle on the skin. This product is perfect for dry and sensitive skin.
- Moisturizing formula
- Kills germs in seconds
- Non-drying formula
- Made in the USA
7. Best Hydrating: Germ No More Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Germ No More Hand Sanitizing Wipes are extremely moisturizing. They leave your hands feeling clean and soft. The active ingredient in them – benzalkonium chloride – effectively kills germs in seconds. The formula contains vitamin E and aloe vera that hydrate your skin naturally for hours without leaving behind a soapy residue.
- Fresh herbal fragrance
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Contains nourishing botanicals
8. Best Easy-To-Use: ProCure Hand Sanitizing Wipes
ProCure Hand Sanitizing Wipes moisturizes, nourishes your hands with aloe vera and Vitamin E. The wipes kill 99.9 % of germs and are effective in quick cleaning. The wipes are ideal for home, commercial places, restaurants, medical offices, schools, etc. These wipes are safe to be used before eating.
- Open-close lid
- Great moisturizer
9. Best Pleasant fragrance: Diamond Wipes Instant Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Diamond Wipes Instant Hand Sanitizer Wipes have an alcohol-based formula that claims to kill 99% of germs. They remove dirt and grime while leaving a refreshing and light scent on your skin. The formula contains vitamin E and aloe vera that help moisturize and soften dry and cracked skin. The breathable fabric cleans your hands thoroughly without leaving behind a sticky residue.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Compact and travel-friendly packaging
- Contains 62% alcohol
The size of the wipes has been reduced
10. Best Non-drying Formula: Dymon SCRUBS Hand Sanitizer Wipes
SCRUBS Hand Sanitizer Wipes are formulated with a highly effective skin sanitizing formula. They are gentle and non-abrasive on the skin. They dissolve the contaminated biofilm and kill, absorb, and eliminate 99.9% of the illness-causing germs and bacteria on your skin. They help reduce the risk of infection, allergic reactions, and the common cold. The product claims to kill a spectrum of germs and bacteria like MRSA, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Escherichia coli in 10 seconds.
- Perfect replacement for soap and water
- Prevents cross-contamination
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Does not leave any residue
Keeping your hands safe and free of harmful microbes is necessary, especially since we have been through such a life-threatening pandemic. Thus, hand sanitizer wipes are a must-have. Seeing so many brands on online shopping sites, you can get confused. Therefore, keep the following things in mind when buying the wipes to gain the best results and stay safe.
Things To Look For In Hand Sanitizer Wipes
- Material: Look for soft and smooth fabric like cotton, fleece, or biodegradable bamboo cloth. They are non-abrasive and gentle on your skin.
- Ingredients To Look For: Look for cleansing agents like ethyl alcohol or benzalkonium chloride that kills harmful bacteria in seconds. Next, pick wipes infused with moisturising ingredients like vitamin E and aloe vera. Ingredients like chamomile and calendula offer soothing benefits while nourishing your hands.
- Alcohol-Concentration: Look for the percentage of alcohol in the hand sanitizer wipes. Most hand sanitizers contain between 60% and 95% alcohol. However, some hand sanitizers may have as little as 40% alcohol. Choose wipes containing 70% isopropyl alcohol to gain the most disinfecting benefits.
- Fragrance: Choose wipes that are non-scented if you have sensitive skin. The fragrances can irritate your skin and cause rashes. If you like your hands smelling nice, opt for wipes infused with refreshing lavender or lemon fragrance that have soothing properties.
- Size:Look for wipes that are wide enough to cover your hands easily. They must be a minimum of 10 cm long and 15 cm wide.
- Packaging: Look for wipes sold in compact but convenient packaging. Those with the open-close lid facility are ideal for travelling and are the most hygienic. They are easy to take out as well.
- Dermatologist-Tested: Pick wipes that are allergy tested and recommended by dermatologists. They are free of common toxins and safe for your skin’s health in the long run.
Hand sanitizers have been an essential part of our hygiene routine. The hand contains several infectious microbes that can be life-threatening. We need sanitizer wipes that are handy and can kill the germs present on various objects like mobile phones, wallets, and even surfaces to avoid the spread of contagious diseases. The sanitizing wipes on our list are travel-friendly, easy to use, and are gentle on any skin type. Go through the product reviews to find the best one for yourself.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
We have compiled this list of the best hand sanitizer wipes to help you keep your hands clean and germ-free when you don’t have access to soap and water. Sanitizer wipes come in handy, especially while traveling. That is why we conducted thorough research and checked online reviews and feedback to shortlist the best-rated products for the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use hand sanitizer to make wipes?
Yes, a minimum of 60% alcohol-strength hand sanitizer is necessary to make the wipes.
Are disinfecting wipes safe for the skin?
No. Although not entirely safe for the skin, disinfecting wipes do not cause too much damage. However, watch out for any irritation or visible rashes and skin alteration.
What can I use instead of alcohol wipes?
You may use skin cleansing products or makeup removers instead of alcohol wipes.
Is there a natural hand sanitizer?
Yes. Hydrogen peroxide (bleach), witch hazel, vinegar, tea tree oil, and hot water are some natural hand sanitizers.
Should I wash hands after using sanitizer?
No. Avoid rinsing your hands or washing them with soap and water after using a sanitizer.
- “Advice for Public.” World Health Organization, World Health Organization.
- “Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16 Mar. 2021.