Snoring can be an indicator of serious underlying health conditions. Trouble sleeping, teeth grinding, bruxism, headaches, dry mouth, and drooling are all related to snoring and can be symptoms of fatal sleep disorders like sleep apnea. There are various options available to prevent snoring like special pillows, clips to widen nostrils, and throat sprays. While some of these may work for some people, there are just as many that are ineffective. Anti-snoring mouth guards, on the other hand, have been clinically tested to reduce snoring and improve sleep quality. They work by clearing the airway by moving your jaw and/or controlling the movement of your tongue. This helps in reducing the vibrations caused by air moving through the nasal passages, thereby reducing snoring and restoring normal breathing. An unobstructed airway also helps in improving the oxygen intake to the brain and body, which helps you relax and rejuvenate while you sleep.
We have compiled and reviewed 9 of the best anti-snoring mouth guards available right now along with a buying guide to help you make an informed decision. Check them out below!
Table Of Contents
9 Best Anti-Snoring Mouth Guards
Bite Guard Intelliguard Pro 2.0 Bruxism Mouthpiece has a newly designed locking mechanism. It does not unlock while you sleep, which ensures that you don’t grind your teeth while you sleep. The lock technology prevents you from clenching and grinding your teeth at night. This adjustable night guard and bruxism sleep aid repositions the mouth, keeping your airways open. It has 10 increments, so the mouthpiece is calibrated to the desired setting and can be adjusted over time. It has an automold that adjusts to your bite without any inconvenience.
- Prevents the teeth from involuntary grinding
- Locking mechanism
- Easy to use
- Not suitable for small mouths
Tranquillam Sleep 2.0 Bruxism Mouthpiece helps in treating teeth grinding, bruxism, headache, earache, and pain in the facial muscles. It is helpful in aiding people who have sleep apnea. This mouth guard is hard enough to fit in the mouth snuggly without causing any discomfort. It does not have a trim, which usually causes gagging. It is easy to mold and comfortable to use.
- Easy to mold
- Gentle suction
- Made with soft silicone
- Helps treat sleep apnea
- Prevents teeth grinding
- Reduces snoring
- Tartar build-up
- Needs to be replaced frequently
ZQUIET Original Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece is a natural sleep aid device. This mouthguard adjusts the jaw to create an open airway, which helps in preventing snoring. It has flexible hinges so that it comfortably fits into your mouth. It is made with soft, non-bulky material that does not need maintenance such as boiling. It comes with a cleaning solution. It comes with two custom size settings (2 mm and 6 mm adjustments) in a protective storage box. This anti-snoring mouthpiece allows you to sleep comfortably.
- No molding or fitting
- Customizable settings
- Allows jaw movement
- Cleared by FDA
- Designed by dentists
- Not suitable for people with central sleep apnea or respiratory disorders
PureSleep Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece uses an adaptable dual-polymer design that accommodates all types and sizes of bites without being bulky or obtrusive. It uses a technique called “mandibular repositioning” that positions your jaw so that the upper airways are unobstructed. This reduces the vibrations that cause snoring. This is a clinically proven product that is patented for its innovative technology. The mouthpiece is very easy to use and fits in the mouth comfortably.
- Adaptable to all sizes and bites
- Patented technology
- Clinically proven
- Quick and easy to use
- Molds to the shape of your mouth
- Not bulky
- Boiling and fitting process is complicated
Serenity Bruxism Night Sleep Aid Mouthpiece is a simple and effective solution for bruxism. This custom-molded anti-teeth grinding mouthpiece is designed to improve your sleep. It provides relief from the pain and discomfort in the temporomandibular joints (TMJ). It fits into the mouth easily and is made with BPA-free materials. The mouthpiece is soft yet firm enough to hold the jaw in place, which prevents teeth grinding and snoring.
- Helps treat sleep apnea
- Prevents snoring
- Stops teeth grinding
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Slightly uncomfortable
ZYPPAH Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece is designed with the innovative Z-factor patented technology. It has a tongue stabilizing device that straps the tongue to control its movement. The mandibular advancement helps in opening the airways, allowing for the flow of oxygen. This mouthguard was invented by Dr. Greenburg, a bioengineer and dentist. It helps you sleep comfortably without snoring. It is self-molded, so it fits into your mouth easily. It is comfortable, safe, and effective in treating sleep apnea.
- Clinically proven
- Tongue strap to keep tongue in place
- Mandibular advancement to clear airways
- Tongue strap needs to be replaced frequently
SleepRx’s Advanced Custom Molding Mouthpiece is made from high-grade soft silicone that custom-molds to the mouth. This mouthpiece helps in preventing grinding of the teeth and aids in sleeping by increasing the airflow. It is comfortable to use and comes with a travel case, making it convenient to store and carry.
- Moldable mouthpiece
- Prevents teeth grinding
- Easy to use
- Difficult to mold
JeahoreKy Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece has been scientifically designed to maximize airflow through the nasal passage. This helps in opening up the airways which, in turn, prevents snoring. It is made with soft-enhanced medical-grade silicone that is BPA-free. The mold is comfortable to use and fits the shape of your bite. The anti-snoring device comes with a travel case that is made with reusable plastic. This keeps the device clean and free of dust. The mouth guard helps in reducing headaches and teeth grinding. Its regular use helps reduce noisy breathing and improves sleep quality.
- Medical-grade silicone
- Prevents bruxism
- Comfortable mold
- May cause dry mouth
When buying an anti-snoring device, it is important to note that there are different types of anti-snore mouthpieces and mouthguards available on the market. Understanding their mechanisms will help you determine which one you should purchase. Check out the next section to find out more.
Types Of Anti-Snore Mouthpieces And Mouth Guards
Anti-snoring mouthguards are broadly classified into two types:
- Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD): This device works by moving the jaw forward. This repositioning helps in clearing the airways and reducing snoring. It fits into your mouth and molds to your teeth and bite. Custom dental mandibular advancement devices are customized exactly to your mouth by a dentist or a sleep specialist. They are expensive but the most comfortable. Semi-custom mandibular advancement devices are generic molds that are later customized to your bite. Finally, boil-and-bite devices can be purchased online or at pharmacies. They can be molded at home with ease. This might take some time to get it right. These anti-snoring mouth guards are affordable and convenient to use.
- Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD): This is a more advanced device and should be used only after it has been medically prescribed. It is less painful and easier to use than mandibular advancement mouth guards but may not suit everybody. This device works by strapping or restricting the movement of the tongue. This helps in opening up the airways which, in turn, prevents snoring. Initially, there might be slight discomfort, but it goes away after a few days.
Now that we know all about the type of devices, let us talk about the factors to consider when buying an anti-snoring mouth device.
Anti-Snoring Mouth Guards – Buying Guide
1. Consult A Specialist
Problems related to sleep, like snoring and grinding teeth, can actually be dangerous in some cases. It is advisable to consult a licensed practitioner if you have sleep apnea. This will help you determine which type of anti-snoring device you should buy.
Devices that fit in your mouth comfortably are recommended. They will not slip off or cause discomfort and pain. Molds that are custom-made for you are the best.
Anti-snoring devices come with cleaning solutions to remove the build-up of tartar. Some devices need to be boiled and cleaned regularly. A protective case will help keep the mouthguard clean and dust-free.
Anti-snoring devices need to be durable as they are used daily. The quality and materials of the device used impact its durability. Most mouthpieces use BPA-free medical-grade silicone that is comfortable and durable, depending on your teeth grinding habits.
Always consider your budget while purchasing an anti-snoring mouthguard. It is better to invest in an expensive but customized device that will last long rather than devices that need to be frequently replaced. Also, keep in mind the warranty and return policy of the product before purchasing it.
Anti-snoring mouth guards are a safe and effective alternative to treat teeth grinding, snoring, and bruxism. They also help in combating headaches and relieving the pain and discomfort caused by temporomandibular joints. Most devices work by repositioning the jaw, which opens the airways to breathe without snoring. Using an anti-snoring device can restore a healthy sleeping pattern, which can improve the quality of your life. You will wake up feeling refreshed and energetic.
Have you ever used an anti-snoring device? Comment below to let us know about your experience.
- 10 Best Night Guards For Teeth Grinding – 2020
- Best CPAP Masks Of 2020 – Our Top Picks And Buyer’s Guide
- How To Stop Grinding Your Teeth In Sleep
- 11 Best Earplugs For Sleeping Of 2020 – Reviews And Buyer’s Guide
Latest posts by Annie Jangam (see all)
- How To Balance The pH Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look - January 12, 2021
- 7 Amazing Ways To Use Vaseline For Your Hair - January 11, 2021
- PCOS Hair Loss: Everything You Need To Know - January 8, 2021
- How To Make Coconut Oil Hairspray For Frizzy Hair At Home - January 4, 2021
- How To Get Rid Of Head Lice Using Olive Oil - December 30, 2020