A popular shade among cosplayers, yellow lipstick can make you stand out from the crowd. To get the best yellow lipstick and up your lip game, be sure to scroll down to our list, where we’ve compiled the top yellow lipstick just for you! Yellow lipstick is quite risque, and not many women go in for that shade. However, if you are willing to experiment with some bold, bright and funky colors, yellow lip color is something you should definitely try today!
In This Article
5 Best Yellow Lipsticks Of 2023 – Reviews & Buying Guide
1. Best Overall: Jolie Vivid Colors Bold Effect Lipstick – Lemon Drop
As the name suggests, the Jolie Vivid Colors Bold Effect Lipstick in the shade Lemon Drop is hands down a cult favorite. It is a richly pigmented and bold lip color that gives a vibrant effect. You can create a variety of flattering looks with this eye-catching and statement-making shade and grab everyone’s attention. The gluten-free formula offers a full and buildable coverage along with a smooth satin finish. The product is not tested on animals, making it a great cruelty-free option for ethically conscious consumers!
- Full coverage
- Highly pigmented
2. Best Long-Lasting: Guerlain Rouge Automatique – Yellow It
The Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick features a long-lasting formula that offers a radiant finish on your statement lip. It is comfortable on the lips and enriched with emollients like sensory oils and waxes that makes the lipstick glide onto your lips effortlessly without tugging. The product has also garnered countless positive reviews on Amazon for its lightweight formula that allows for seamless, smooth application.
- Goes on smooth
3. Best Neon Yellow: Moon Glow Lipstick – Intense Yellow
If you are looking for a funky lipstick that becomes the talk of the town every time you are out for a night party, try the Moon Glow Neon UV Lipstick. Its long-lasting pigmented formula features a fluorescent neon pigment that glows brightly under UV lighting and blacklights. This fine quality wax-based matte lipstick is also non-toxic and free of animal testing.
- Highly pigmented
- Value for money
Best Neon Yellow
|Jolie Vivid Colors Bold Effect Lipstick – Lemon Drop||Guerlain Rouge Automatique – Yellow It||Moon Glow Lipstick – Intense Yellow|
|Skin Type||Oily, Combination, Dry, NormalColor||AllColor||AllColor|
|Dimensions||-||3 x 6 x 9 inches||6.3 x 4.33 x 6.3 inches.|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Matte Finish: M.A.C Matte Lipstick – Yellow You Dare?
The iconic Yellow You Dare? shade by M.A.C offers an intense color payoff. It is a warm-toned, richly pigmented limited-edition lipstick. This long-lasting lipstick is easy to apply as its creamy texture formula glides smoothly on your lips to offer a matte finish. This statement-making product also boasts countless positive customer reviews on Amazon for its luxurious feel on the lips.
- Highly pigmented
- Goes on smooth
5. Best Color-Changing: L’Paige LYW YELLOW CHANGEABLE Lipstick
The L’Paige LYW YELLOW CHANGEABLE Lipstick is an extremely moisturizing and long-lasting lipstick that, after application, changes into a shade just right for you. This standout shade contains nourishing ingredients such as aloe vera and beeswax and is free from petroleum and lead. This yellow lipstick can change into various shades of coral which gives your lips a natural finish and stays all day long.
- Long-lasting wear
- Transfer proof
- Dermatologically recommended
- May stain lips
When it comes to choosing the best yellow lipsticks, there are a few factors that may come in handy to give you the best bang for your buck. Take a look at some of these in the section below.
How To Choose The Best Yellow Lipsticks
- Know Your Undertone: The most important factor to consider while getting a lipstick is to know your undertone. The trick to knowing this is noticing whether you have blue or green veins. If your veins appear blue, you have pink undertones, but if they look green, you have a warmer yellow undertone. However, if they seem both blue and green, you have a neutral undertone.
- Find The Right Shades: Even in yellow lipsticks, there are a wide variety of shades that you can choose based on your undertones. For warmer undertones, go for lipsticks that appear to have a red tone, whereas for pink undertones stick to shades that have blue or purple hues in them.
If you are looking for a lip color that will allow you to stand out from the crowd, try out the best yellow lipsticks. Yellow lipsticks can cancel the yellow tones on your teeth and ensure that your teeth look brighter. Though not many women wear this shade, you can try it out if you want to experiment with some funky and bold colors. For a playful neon-pigmented formula, go with the Moon Glow Lipstick – Intense Yellow. For smudge-free and transfer-proof moisturizing perfection, opt for the L’Paige LYW YELLOW CHANGEABLE Lipstick. The reviewed options in the list offer full coverage, are highly pigmented, and are free from harsh preservatives. While choosing the best yellow lipsticks, know your undertone, and find the right shade for your lips.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Baishali Bhattacharya, a certified image and makeup consultant, has compiled this list of the best yellow lipsticks to ramp up your fashion game. These lipsticks have been selected from trustworthy brands and are backed by positive user reviews from various e-commerce websites. Baishali has also included a buying guide and explained the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which skin tone does yellow lip color look good on?
Yellow lip color is an attention-grabbing shade that looks best on medium or olive skin tones and beautifully complements their warm undertone.
What eye makeup goes with yellow lipstick?
Brown-toned eyeshadow goes well with this trendy lip color, as yellow and brown complement each other perfectly, giving a glamorous look.
Does yellow lipstick make teeth look yellow?
No, the color of a yellow lipstick counteracts the yellow tones on your teeth and makes your teeth look whiter. Go for this fashion-forward shade and create a sunshine-inspired look without any worries.
Does yellow lipstick suit dark skin?
Yes, these runway-inspired shades with a yellow undertone complement darker skin tones beautifully.
Is yellow lipstick appropriate for work?
Yes, but since it’s a bold color, keep it subtle and simple for the office look, especially if you’re just starting with the yellow lip experiment.
How do you apply yellow lipstick?
• To hydrate and level out your lips, apply a little coating of lip balm.
• To hold your lipstick in place and define the contour of your lips, trace them with a lip pencil.
• Begin application from the center of your lips.
• Swipe the lipstick from the middle of your lips to the corners.
• Fill up the spots with a second layer.
• To eliminate excess, dab the surface of your lips with a tissue.
- Amazing Makeup Tips To Wear With Your Yellow Dress
- Best Orange Lipsticks For Every Skin Tone
- Must Have Lipstick Shades
- Bestselling All Day Matte Lipsticks