I am an ardent follower of Baba Ramdev. He is a revolutionary who has revived the treasure wells of yoga sutras and Ayurveda in India. If not for Baba Ramdev, we were becoming a country, which was smitten by the glitter of the west. We were forgetting our own gold mines of knowledge. Baba Ramdev has not only brought yoga to every household in our country but has also popularized his form of yoga, called as Ramdev Yoga. If you follow Baba Ramdev or are a consumer of Patanjali products, you would know that everything has a cure and a remedy in the world of Ramdev Yoga and Ayurveda. So whether you want to lose weight or gain some, improve memory power or eyesight, grow hair faster or make skin glowing, you’ll find your share of yoga cure there. Baba Ramdev Yoga is based on the concept of healing. The best part about Ramdev yoga is that it is for everyone, the young as well as the old.
A person with good height always possesses a good personality. Having good height makes the person more attractive, which in turn makes him/her confident. I am 5’6’’ and I still wish I was 2’’ taller! My vanities aside, if you really want to increase your height and look taller, try Ramdev Yoga.
How Does Yoga Help In Increasing Height?
Including stretching exercises, yoga asanas focus on increasing the flexibility of the body. These help in attaining a good, taller posture. Resulting in a taller frame, yoga asanas realign and straighten the spinal cord, which may have bent a little because of bad posture.
Performing yoga releases mental and emotional stress and relaxes the body. This also leads to a release of the growth hormone, which helps in increasing height.
Stretching, which is an integral part of yoga asanas results in the elongation of muscle. Added with gravitational effect, the yoga asanas pull the body and helps in increasing the height.
Top 5 Asanas Of Baba Ramdev Yoga For Height Increase
Here are Baba Ramdev’s top 5 effective asanas to increase the height. According to Baba Ramdev, these asanas need to be practiced daily religiously. The result can be seen in about 3 months period of time.
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
One of the most famous yoga poses, the asana works on abs, upper back, and lower back muscles and helps in cutting back the bad fat around the stomach. It is also one of the best asanas suggested by Baba Ramdev yoga for increasing height.
Steps to do Bhujangasana
- Lying prone on the ground, stretch your body with the front of your feet on the floor with your hands under your shoulder.
- Keep your lower body pressed firmly into the floor.
- Inhale and lift your chest and most of the torso off the floor by straightening your arms. Make sure your pubis does not leave the floor and keep the back bend even along the spine.
- Make sure your belly button is tucked in, abs are tight and shoulders are rolled back. Bend the neck backward to work around the neck muscles.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Exhale while coming back to the prone position.
2. Hasta-Padasana (Hand-To-Feet Forward Bend Pose)
Hasta-Padasana is a variation of the Padasana. It is effective for increasing height as it elongates the spine and at the same time stretches the hamstrings.
Steps to perform Hasta-Padasana:
- Stand straight and tall in Tadasana, with your shoulders rolled back, chest puffed out, abdominal muscles tight and belly button sucked in.
- Inhale and extend your arms straight overhead.
- Exhale and bend forward, trying to touch your head to your knees and your hands to your feet.
- If you are flexible enough, try to touch the back of your feet with your hands.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then return to Tadasana.
[ Read: Tips To Increase Height Naturally ]
3. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
Sarvangasana is one of the miracle asanas. Its difficulty level is intermediate and it can be done with a little progressive practice. The inversion asana is known to benefit skin, hair, blood pressure, thyroid, glaucoma and much more.
Steps to perform Sarvangasana
- Lie on your back with your abs tight and shoulders firmly pressed into the ground.
- Tighten and lock the muscles of your legs.In one movement, lift your legs, butt, and back off the floor and into the air with your shoulders taking up the weight.
- Support your back with your hand and try to keep your body lifted straight in the air.
- Hold the pose for 40 seconds.
- Return to the original position slowly by first lowering your knees to your forehead, then bringing your spine back to the ground, and finally, laying straight on the ground.
4. Adho-MukhaSvanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
This asana is as popular as the cobra pose. It helps in weight loss, strengthening arm muscles, abs and leg muscles. The asana stretches the lower body as well as the upper body. This makes it perfect for increasing height.
Steps to do Adho-MukhaSvanasana
- Come onto all fours with your palms, knees and toes in contact with the ground.
- Now straighten your knees and lift your butt high in the air, pushing your hips up.
- Keep your hands shoulder-width apart and stretched straight.
- Stretch as if you are pushing your spine back towards your legs and try to touch your heels to the ground
- Hold the pose for 40 seconds and come to the original position.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Trikonasana strengthens the muscles in our legs, arms and chest. It also benefits our joints like knees and ankles. The asana opens the hip; stretches hamstrings, calf muscles; and opens up the chest. It helps in the realignment of the spine and improves the equilibrium of our body.
Steps to practice Trikonasana
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- Turn to your side, preferably right side. Now you have the left foot pointing straight and your right foot pointing to the right side.
- Inhale and exhale once and then bend your body to the right side with your right hand touching your right foot.
- Keep your arms in a straight line. So that when you bend, your one arm is touching your right foot and your left arm is stretched straight into the air.
- Make sure you are not bent forward or backward. Stretch as much as you can. Open up your chest. Be sure to have your feet firmly pressed into the ground.
- Keep your eyes open and look into the sky.
- Now straighten and then bring your arms down.
[ Read: Increase Height After 18 Years ]
Word Of Caution
As these asanas are mostly for the beginners to the intermediate level, everybody can do it. But do not perform these poses if you have any kind of issues regarding your back. And if you have a back issue and still feel like doing it, better first check with your physician.
Yoga is amazing and yes, it is possible to increase height by practicing these asanas, but the results depend on various other factors. Individual results vary on the basis of the diet, regularity with the asanas, and also hormonal imbalances. So, eat a healthy diet and practice these asanas of Baba Ramdev yoga for height increase.
Have you ever considered yoga for height increase by Ramdev Baba? How did it work? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 9 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
- Top 5 Ramdev Baba Yoga Asanas For Weight Gain
- 12 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Exercises For Eyes
- 29 Best Exercises To Increase Height
- Best Height Growth Exercise Videos – Our Top 10 Picks
Latest posts by Sakshi Gupta (see all)
- 10 Effective Exercises To Reduce Side Fat - January 31, 2015
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Using An Exercise Cycle - December 29, 2014
- 50 Best Weight Loss Exercises - October 28, 2014
- 9 Unexpected Side Effects Of Figs - October 22, 2014
- What Are The Differences Between Yoga And Aerobic Exercises? - October 22, 2014