More and more teenagers are desperate to grow taller and gain those extra inches before it is too late. If you are among them, you can achieve this with some tips to increase your height in a month. But is it possible to grow that sooner? Well, you can give it a try, at least. In this article, we have listed the 10 best tips that will help you grow taller in just 30 days! So, let us get started!
In This Article
What Factors Can Affect An Individual’s Height?
Multiple factors can influence a person’s height. These include:
- Genetics: Genes have a significant impact on an individual’s height (1).
- Nutrition: Consuming a balanced diet during one’s childhood and adolescence is crucial for proper growth. Insufficient nutrient intake can slow down growth (2).
- Hormones: Specific growth hormones, such as human growth hormone (HGH) and thyroid hormones, contribute to one’s height, especially during puberty (3).
- Sleep: Sufficient and restful sleep is essential for optimal growth, as most growth hormones are released during deep sleep (4).
- Exercise: Regular physical activity coupled with a balanced diet supports growth (5)
- Gender: Typically, males tend to be taller than females (6).
- Age: Growth plates in the bones close during adolescence and limit the possibility of any further increase in height (7).
Not much can be done about one’s height after a certain age. However, adolescents may still expect to see some growth with a few strategies. Learn more below.
How To Increase Height In 1 Month
Knowing how to grow taller involves following healthy practices like eating a balanced diet, exercising frequently, getting enough sleep, and avoiding things that can inhibit growth. Here are some fail-proof tips on how to increase height in one month:
1. Take HGH Supplements
There are many HGH products available in the market and these are not detrimental to health (8). Essentially made up of multivitamins and glucosamine, HGH supplements boost growth hormone levels in the body, thus contributing to vertical growth (9). When consumed in the right dosage, HGH also increases vitality and energy and improves your focus. Make sure to consult your doctor before going for any of these height-boosting supplements.
2. Have A Balanced Diet
The importance of a balanced diet is emphasized time and again. No amount of exercise alone can help you grow taller. Consume a healthy meal rich in nutrients and vitamins in order to nourish the body with nutrition to grow taller. A diet rich in calcium, protein, and fat, avoiding salt and fat, may promote growth (10). Include greens, sprouts and plenty of veggies if you have set your mind on growing taller!
3. Go Holidaying
Stress is said to inhibit your body’s ability to grow as it triggers hormones that do not go hand in hand with growth (11), (12)! So pack up your bags, and set out on that holiday that you have been planning forever. Ditch your laptop and mobile if you can!
4. Sleep Well
A good night’s sleep not just invigorates your spirits but also is an important contributor to growth. It is when you sleep deeply that the brain releases HGH. Doctors suggest that you go to sleep after a walk post dinner, and sleep for a decent 8 hours.
5. Do Massages And Yoga
Spend half an hour gently massaging your body with warm olive oil before you sleep (13). Practicing yoga or an abdominal massage may also stimulate the growth hormone (14). Not only does this help relieve the pain in your feet but it also improves blood circulation and stimulates the release of growth hormones.
6. Perform Stretches
There is no better way to get taller than by exercising (13). Kick start your morning with a mild exercise session for height enhancement.. Depending on your flexibility and intent to work out, you can choose from mild to more intensive stretching exercises. Spend at least twenty minutes performing stretching exercises such as the cat stretch which is easy to master. You will be surprised that your stamina and immunity will also increase.
A 24-year-old blogger reveals he managed to increase his height: “I’ve personally managed to add 1 and a half inches to my height in two months, bringing me to 5 foot 11 (i).” He continues, “I think it’s fair to say that posture has the most immediate potential to make you grow taller.” He had a mild case of anterior pelvic tilt due to which his core, glutes, and hamstrings were weaker than the rest of his muscles. This affected his body alignment. He adds, “My posture has improved considerably, and no doubt this has played a part in increasing my height….Strength training these weaker muscle groups was the solution to my dreadful posture.”
7. Hang From An Exercise Rod
Hanging on bars that are at least 6 to 8 feet above the ground may help add on those inches naturally. While it may feel strange the first few times, you are sure to get more comfortable as you practice. Pick up gloves so that your hands do not slip on the bars! Do not bend your back, while you hang from the bars. Try to remain in a hanging posture for a minute, slack off and repeat for at least ten minutes to benefit from this exercise. Though the effectiveness of this exercise for height advancement is yet to be determined by research, there is no harm in trying.
Note: It is important to note that there is no proven method on how to get taller fast, but adopting healthy habits may help support natural growth and development.
8. Go Cycling
If you thought cycling was tiring, now you have reason to cycle. An aerobic exercise that helps tone your gluteal muscles, cycling also helps the body burn calories, improves metabolism and acts as a stretching exercise. As per anecdotal evidence, it might promote vertical growth and boost height development too. Ride your cycle with foot flat on the pedals, your back straight and upright, and seat risen to a position that makes both your legs fully extended. Join a cycling club if you do not like cycling alone and cycle for at least 45-60 minutes a day!
9. Lead A Disciplined Life
Thriving on junk food, eating heavy before sleep, irregular meals, shying away from exercise can all be detrimental to your health and may hinder growth (13). Plan to live a disciplined life and follow a managed routine tailored to meet all the necessities of your body!
10. Wear Insoles In Your Shoes
If you want an immediate answer to ‘how to increase your height?’, simply use height-increasing insoles. Though these do not help you grow taller, they make you appear taller and are very affordable!
Infographic: The Best Effective Exercises To Increase Height
While genes play a large role in height, incorporating a few effective lifestyle changes can make a big difference. The right diet, a good sleeping schedule, and a beneficial exercise routine can go a long way in helping you in your growth.
Here’s a handy infographic to help you figure out which outdoor exercises and activities you should do to see a visible change in your stature within six months.
Your genes majorly determine your height. However, many teenagers wish for a fast height increase. You can try following the tips listed above to increase your height in a month. Using HGH supplements, eating a well-balanced diet, combating stress, getting enough sleep, doing yoga, performing stretches, hanging from an exercise rod, cycling, maintaining a disciplined life, and trying out a few height improvement home remedies may help in increasing your height naturally. Try any of the height growth tips mentioned above to increase your height.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the caffeine in coffee affect your height?
Lauren Johnson, a registered dietitian and personal trainer, says, “Intake of caffeine greater than 300 mg a day for women can interrupt calcium absorption. Over time, this can lead to poor bone health and negatively affect a woman’s posture and height.”
How to increase height naturally?
Height increase can be achieved naturally by following a balanced diet with enough protein, exercising frequently, getting enough sleep, avoiding unhealthy habits like smoking and drinking alcohol, and keeping a good posture to ensure proper spinal alignment.
Does jumping make you taller?
According to Johnson, “Jumping will not make you grow taller but, it can help improve muscles important for posture (i.e. gluteus maximus). Improved posture will make you appear tall.”
Can I still grow taller at 18?
Yes, males can continue growing taller at 18 years of age. However, height progress in females is not possible at 18 years of age.
What is the maximum age for a girl to grow taller?
Girls attain adult height by 15 years of age.
- Most people do not grow taller after the age of eighteen. However, there are things you can do throughout your adolescence to boost your growth.
- Follow a balanced diet, get the right amount of sleep, do stretches and other exercises to build strength, develop better posture, and promote vertical growth.
- You can also opt for HGH supplements after consulting your doctor.
Are you wondering if height-increasing foods really work? Watch this informative video and explore the potential effects of incorporating these foods into your diet for a month.
Personal Experience: Source
i. My journey – From 5’9 to 5’11
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
- Genetic and environmental influences on height from infancy to early adulthood: An individual-based pooled analysis of 45 twin cohorts
- Nutrition in Middle Childhood and Adolescence
- Advances in pubertal growth and factors influencing it: Can we increase pubertal growth?
- Sleep and Metabolism: An Overview
- The effects of exercise on growth
- Body height in adult women and men in a cross-sectional population-based survey in Geneva: temporal trends, association with general health status and height loss after age 50
- The growth plate: a physiologic overview
- Growth Hormone Significantly Increases the Adult Height of Children with Idiopathic Short Stature: Comparison of Subgroups and Benefit
- Impact of Growth Hormone Supplementation on Adult Height in Turner Syndrome: Results of the Canadian Randomized Controlled Trial
- Increasing Height through Diet Exercise and Lifestyle Adjustment
- The Impact of Stress on Body Function: A Review
- Effect of Emotional Stress on Human Growth Hormone Secretion
- Effect of Regular Yogic Training on Growth Hormone and Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate as an Endocrine Marker of Aging