Are you annoyed by frizzy or dry hair? It is impossible to manage damaged hair and it needs requires a lot of care and attention. Lustrous black, thick voluminous hair is the symbol of our health both internally and externally. In this era, where the pollution levels are mounting day by day, maintaining hair is an arduous task. Consuming food which includes balanced amount of nutrients, minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates is a must on a regular basis. Here is a list of best remedies and some general tips for treating your damaged hair.
But before we get into the remedies, lets take a brief look into the causes.
Causes Behind Hair Damage
- Applying direct heat on your hair (i.e. straightening curling tools or even hair dryers)
- Too much exposure to sun
- Highlighting and Colouring
- Over brushing or not brushing enough
- Over shampooing
- Use of extensions and weaves
When your hair is damaged, it leads to many hair problems such as split ends that limit hair growth. If further action is not taken, the split ends start moving upwards causing your hair to lose its natural sheen and thickness.
[ Read: Tips For Damaged Hair ]
There are many ways by which you can take care of damaged hair by using simple homemade hair conditioner for dry damaged hair. With the help of certain natural ingredients, you can create great conditioners and hair masks to regain healthy hair texture.
Homemade Conditioner For Dry Damaged Hair
1. Avocado and banana conditioner:
Things that you will need:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly take an avocado, peel and cut it into half (you can also use one full avocado depending on the length of your hair) and smash it until it becomes a paste.
- Then take half a banana and add about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it well with the avocado paste.
- Then take an egg and mix with the banana and avocado mixture in a blender until it is soft.
How to apply:
Firstly make sure your hair is dry. Start applying the avocado and banana conditioner from the top section of your hair. Ensure not to apply the conditioner on your scalp. Then work your way down and concentrate mainly on the hair tips as the tips are more likely to be damaged. Leave the conditioner for about 10 mins and rinse it off with water. You will see that your hair becomes soft and shiny.
Benefits of the conditioner:
- Banana nourishes your hair and prevents the hair from getting frizzy.
- Avocado helps in hair growth and conditions and moisturizes your hair.
- Olive oil makes your hair healthy and shinier.
- Honey adds sheen to your hair and it can also be used to lighten your hair.
This is a pack that you will listed in many places as the best homemade conditioner for damaged hair.
[ Read: Homemade Beauty Tips For Hair ]
2. Vinegar egg conditioner:
Things that you will need
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Firstly start with 2 – 3 egg yolks and whisk it thoroughly, then add about 4oz of vinegar, about 5 oz of lemon juice and mix it; simultaneously add about 8 oz of olive oil and 2 – 3 tbsp of honey. Mix it well in a blender. You will be left with a thick and whipped paste.
How to apply
Take the vinegar and egg conditioner paste and apply it on hair tips. After applying, leave the conditioner for about 10 – 15 min and rinse it off thoroughly with cold or normal water.
Benefits of the conditioner
- Eggs act as a good conditioner and add shine to your hair.
- Olive oil makes your hair stronger and also healthier.
- Honey can be used to lighten your hair and it also provides moisture.
- Vinegar helps in treatment for hair loss.
[ Read: Shampoos For Dry Hair ]