One of the first things that draw our attention towards those amazing pictures of models and celebrities is their glowing skin. A radiant face and a healthy glow on the arms, legs and even the neck are instant signs of healthy and beautiful skin.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not just good health but smart makeup techniques that most of these celebrities employ to get a beautiful, flawless look.
8 Secrets To Dewy Skin All Year Round:
Here are a few secrets that will help you to keep your skin looking dewy, fresh and glowing all year round.
1. Exfoliate regularly:
- Remove dead skin from the face and rest of the body regularly.
- Use a ready-made or a home-made scrub at least once a week.
- If you wear foundation daily, it is advised to mildly scrub your skin at least twice a week.
- Use a body scrub at least once a week on your entire body, especially arms and legs.
[ Read : Exfoliation To Get Rid of Dead Skin ]
2. Stay hydrated:
Drinking a good amount of water can do wonders for your skin, hair and overall health.
- Drink lots of water to eliminate all toxins from the skin.
- Healthy skin will glow from within.
3. Have a healthy diet:
Eating is really important if you want to have skin that is naturally healthy. Healthy skin will glow from within, without the need to use too many products on the outside. For those who are trying to be on a diet, remember to go smart and not cut out the essentials from your food intake.
- Include fresh fruits, seasonal vegetables and lots of juices in your diet.
- Consume almonds, nuts and fish to improve the overall health of your skin.
- Your skin will start glowing from within.
4. Follow the Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising (CTM) routine:
As much as we all know about following the CTM routine daily, not many actually do so. The CTM routine is one of the most important parts of the basic dewy skin care routine.
- Follow the CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) routine twice a day.
- Choose the products according to your skin type.
- Moisturization is the key to soft, supple skin.
- The cleanser and toner will help clean up all dirt and residue from your skin.
- The toner will help reveal glowing healthy skin.
[ Read : CTM Routine For Skin Care ]
5. Use products that contain illuminating particles:
Makeup products with illuminating particles in them will give you a dewy look, without the additional need of using a highlighter.
- Use a primer with illuminating particles
- Apply this underneath your regular foundation
- Use a primer which has subtle shimmer particles, which will fake that glow from under the foundation.
6. Use a highlighter:
A highlighter is a great way to add some much needed glow to your cheeks and face, without making it seem oily or over the top.
- Use a highlighter on the high points of the cheek bones.
- Apply a pearly highlighter using very light strokes.
- Look for shades of pink, peach and coral, as these will make the glow look more natural and give you a look of healthy flushed cheeks.
- Check out products like the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, or Chambor Single Blush in Soft Plum. Though these are essentially blushes, these shades are apt to be used as highlighters too.
[ Read :Types Of Highlighters And Their Uses ]
7. Homemade natural face packs:
Face packs, especially the ones that are made at home, or contain natural and herbal ingredients, are always a great way to give your skin some much needed pampering.
- You can either buy face packs from the market or make some at home
- Use ingredients that are best suited for your skin type
- Use a face pack at least once or twice a week, depending on your skin type and condition
A good night’s rest will do much benefit for your skin.
- Try and have at least 8 hours of sleep time
- Take a power nap as and when you can
- If you are feeling tired, close your eyes for 5 minutes and relax your mind
These simple tips for dewy skin are a great way of adding some glow to your skin, both from the inside as well as from the outside. Take care of yourself and spread the glow!
- 10 Simple Tricks To Get Glowing Skin In Summer
- 6 Simple Tips To Get Healthy Skin
- Beautiful Skin Secrets for all skin types!