Get the best 2-inch curling iron by your side and own some gorgeous wavy hair. To keep the bad hair days at a significant distance, a 2-inch curling wand with a larger barrel is all you want, even though it might appear to be too big. This is because creating either loose waves or tight and bouncy curls is not easy with a curling wand of average size. This is why we have prepared a list of the 10 awesome 2-inch curling irons that are beginner-friendly which you should get right away so that you do not have to struggle searching for one by yourself. Alexandro Vasquez, an expert hairdresser says, “Curling irons are one of the best tools to help every girl to style their hair. One needs to be careful while working with it by using thermo-activated protectors and a good serum for finishing. Another point is, if you don’t have much experience with them, try to use it at a low temperature first to avoid burning your hair and work in a safe distance from your skin.” So go ahead, pick the one your heart desires, and get yourself some beautiful curly hair!
In This Article
10 Best 2-inch Curling Irons To Meet Your Curling Needs
Create instant, beautiful waves effortlessly with the Conair Instant Heat 1 ½ inch curling iron. The curling iron is designed with 25 distinct heat settings to help you create anything from tight curls to loose waves. This hair styling tool heats up to 400° F in a mere 30 seconds, letting you style your hair as you desire. Its patented Euro design comes with a non-slip grip handle and a long cool tip. The barrel is made with chromium, nickel, and steel to produce long-lasting curls. Watch this YouTuber’s honest review to get a better idea about the product and its features.
- Auto-off feature
- Dual voltage option for international travel
- Comes with a tangle-free swivel cord
- Perfect for all hair textures and types
- May not be suitable for long hair
INFINITI PRO curling iron by Conair is designed specifically to create smooth and shiny curls. Crafted using Tourmaline Ceramic technology, it helps reduce frizz and create soft curls. The 1 ½ inch curling iron heats up evenly and prevents any damage to your hair. The barrel heats up in just 30 seconds, helping you instantly style your hair. It also comes with 5 precise LED heat settings to create the perfect curl of your choice and have precise styling control.
- Comes with a protective heat shield
- Heats up to 400° F
- Even heat distribution
- Auto-off feature
- Flimsy design
This curling iron by MiroPure is perfect for creating beautiful type of curls and amplifying hair volume. It is designed using tourmaline ceramic to provide even heat distribution and produce long-lasting curls. It has a 1.5-inch barrel that helps create distinct tighter curls or waves for all hair types. The tourmaline-infused curling iron comes with 6 different heat settings to make the process effortless. Furthermore, the wand heats up in 30 seconds and can easily reach a temperature of up to 410° F.
- Produces frizz-free curls
- Comes with large LCD display
- 360° swivel cord
- 60 minutes auto shut off feature
- Travel-friendly dual voltage feature (100V-240V)
- Protective glove and hair clips included
- The clamp may not hold small portions of hair.
Best For All Hair Types
Best Protective Shield
|Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron||INFINITI PRO By Conair||MiroPure Curling Iron|
|Dimensions||2.5 x 15 x 6 inches||2.5 x 5.5 x 14.6 inches||15.35 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
|Weight||13.44 Ounces||1.6 Ounces||1.5 Pounds.|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Next on our list of the best 2-inch curling iron is the INFINITI PRO curling brush from Conair. The curling iron comes with a 2-inch titanium barrel. The curling iron with brush attachment having nylon bristles is perfect for creating smooth silky curls. The wand is designed to actively generate super ions that minimize frizz while styling your fragile hair. The curling brush provides even heat up and recovery, and prevents burns. The hot brush is specifically designed with 5 LED heat settings to provide long-lasting smooth curls without unwanted hassle. This video detailing a tester’s experience of using the product will give you a better insight into its usage.
- Instant heating up to 375°
- Easy to use
- Even heat distribution
- Not lightweight
The curling iron from Revlon comes with an advanced design that prevents hair damage while curling. The 1 ½ inch barrel is designed with triple ceramic coating to provide frizz-free curls. The ceramic barrel heats up to 400° F and is designed to suit all hair types ranging from fine, thin hair to coarse hair. Furthermore, the wand can be easily turned on and off by pressing the button for 3 seconds. It also comes with an auto shut-off feature for safe styling. The product also features an indicator light that helps in checking if it is on or off, ensuring proper safety. Watch this video for your thorough understanding to learn more about how a hair care enthusiast has tested the product.
- Features 30 different heat settings
- Dual voltage option for worldwide use
- Comes with a tangle-free swivel cord
- Comes with safety stand and extra-long cool tip
- The handle is not ergonomic.
Looking for the best 2-inch curling iron? Check out the 4 in 1 Pro Titanium Clipless Curling Iron Set from Cortex Professional. The set includes 4 tourmaline and ceramic interchangeable barrels of different sizes ranging from ½ inch to 2 inches. The adjustable heat setting allows you to set temperatures up to 450°F. The professional curling iron is designed with Far Infrared technology that evenly distributes heat along the lengths of the hair to reduce hair damage while locking in natural oils. Thanks to its negative ion technology, you can now sport silky, healthy, and voluminous curls in just a few minutes.
- Ergonomic handle with non-slip grip
- 11-inch heat resistant tangle-free swivel cord
- Interchangeable heads for different curling styles
- Includes a heat-resistant styling glove
- No auto-shutoff
Kristin Ess Soft Bend Curling Iron is a 2″ titanium large barrel curling iron with a heat-resistant cool tip thumb grip. The 4 digital settings heat up to 425°F to give you tight or looser curls. The automatic shut-off feature makes the curler convenient for use with proper safety. Reviews on Amazon have mentioned the 9ft swivel cord and safety stand that make this curler easy for travel.
- 30 minutes auto shut off
- 4 temperature settings
- Comes with a safety stand
- Eliminates frizz
If you want well-defined curls or beachy waves for your next party, the 24K Gold Curling Iron/Wand by HOT TOOLS is what you need. This elegant curling iron cum wand uses a 24K gold surface to distribute heat evenly and provide a consistent style. It uses Pulse Technology to heat up quickly and a soft touch grip to provide ease of convenience. The instant heat-up feature and variable heat settings help kind all hair types, textures, and lengths while also enabling you to create curls, waves, or spirals. Reviewers on Amazon share that the hair tool delivers flawless curls that stay in shape for a long time.
- Quick heat-up
- Variable temperature control
- Easy to use
- No auto shut off
Finding the best 2-inch curling iron can be quite tricky with innumerable options available on the market today. The Ouiast Hair Curling Iron features tourmaline ceramic technology to reduce damage while heating by minimizing frizz and locking in more moisture for shiny, healthy, and dry hair. It offers easy operation with just one button to turn on the device and lets you choose the temperature setting of 300 to 430°F by double-clicking. The wide barrel curling iron can be turned off by pressing the button again for 2 seconds. The 1.5-inch barrel width is ideal for most hair lengths and the dual PTC heater provides quick and even heat distribution within 30 seconds.
- 60 minutes auto-shutoff
- Includes a heat-resistant glove
- Unique insulated tip and anti-scale clip for added safety
- 8 different heat control settings make it suitable for all hair types.
- The ceramic coating may wear off after a while.
This 2-inch ceramic curling iron from Hot Shot Tools uses pulse technology that releases negative ions to lock in moisture. The iron also features a rheostat heat control with variable heat settings to match the needs of different hair types, especially thicker hair. Reviewers on Amazon love how the curling iron smoothes frizz and offers softer and shinier curls.
- Rheostat control
- Heats up to 450°F
- Gives you soft, healthy hair
- Suitable for different hair types
- The handle might feel small for some people.
Now that you are familiar with our top picks of the best 2-inch curling iron, let’s head to the buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
2-Inch Curling Irons — Buying Guide
What Should I Look For When Choosing A 2-Inch Curling Iron?
Choosing the best 2-inch curling iron with advanced technology can be challenging as there are a variety of curling wands with different features and heating technologies. Though part of your decision will be based on the curl type you are looking for, there are a few things you should take into consideration:
- Material: Curling irons are made of different materials, with ceramic and tourmaline being the most commonly used. Ceramic models are known for their even heat distribution and fast heating whereas tourmaline models have ionic technology that emits negative ions to reduce frizz and some are specially designed for damaged or textured hair. They are perfect curling wands for finer hair types. Gold plated iron is another great pick for its quick and even heating and fast styling that works for coarse, thick hair. Titanium models are a favorite among hairstylists as they are lightweight and offer the highest temperatures.
- Consistency And Digital Temperature: Models with LCD displays are easy and have adjustable temperatures that are convenient for curling. Most models feature buttons on the side to offer multiple heat settings to choose a temperature that is ideal for your hair type.
- Safety Features: Burning your fingers is a huge concern and a possibility while curling your hair. Hence it’s important to look for features that add safety to your curling wand such as a cool tip for easy handling, rapid cooling feature, or safety gloves. You can also opt for those that come with an auto-shutoff feature and temperature lock function that prevent the risk of overheating or even potential fires.
How Do You Use A 2 Inch Curling Iron?
With the right curling iron by your side, you won’t have to depend upon a hairstylist for salon-quality results and to rock those curls. Here’s how you do it:
- Wash your hair by using a good quality shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type and blowdry your hair. You can also use a heat protectant spray to prevent your hair from heat damage.
- Next, part your hair into small sections using a hair clip or hairband.
- Choose the ideal temperature based on your hair type.
- Next take a small section or few strands of hair closer to the roots and wrap it around the curling iron all the way till the end. Make sure you are wrapping your hair in the same direction.
- Continue the same way for the rest of the sections of your hair by slowly removing one section of hair at a time.
Infographics: How To Use A 2-Inch Curling Iron
It is time to say goodbye to bad hair days and hello to beautiful waves and other versatile styling options! With a 2-inch curling iron, you can create loose waves or tight and bouncy curls effortlessly. Check out the infographic below to learn the step-by-step guide to curling your hair.
Styling your hair has never been so easy, thanks to the wide range of curling irons available on the market today. But when it comes to picking the right curling iron, we get that it can be incredibly overwhelming and challenging for you. We hope that with our aforementioned list of the best curling irons and our detailed buying guide, choosing the best 2-inch curling iron will be more fun and less nerve-racking. The Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron is designed to work well with all hair types and offers instant heat for efficient curling, while the INFINITI PRO By Conair has a protective shield feature that helps prevent heat damage to the hair. However, if you want a compact design with effective styling, use the MiroPure Curling Iron.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Kirtana Divakar, is a hair care enthusiast who has a deep interest in trying out new products or devices. She went through multiple product websites and checked many user reviews online to compile this list of the best 2-inch curling irons for her readers. She also considered the material and other features to shortlist the best ones. The listed products are perfect for all hair types and give you those luscious curls in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a 2-inch curling iron too big?
Yes, a 2-inch curling iron is big and ideal for people with longer hair. You can achieve perfectly loose curls and waves with the help of a 2-inch curling iron if you set it at the right temperature.
What is a 2-inch curling iron used for?
A 2-inch curling iron is best used for loose curls and waves on longer hair. You can create a round-brushed look or slightly bend the end of a long updo with the help of a 2-inch curling iron.
How often do I need to replace my curling iron?
Curling irons typically last between 500 hours to 1,000 hours. If heavily used, you can replace your curling iron within 2 months for professional-grade results.
How do I know what temperature on the curling iron to use?
People with fine or thin hair can keep their curling iron temperatures to 200° F. If you have thicker tresses, 200° and 300° F work wonders.
When and how should a curling iron be cleaned?
It is recommended to clean your curling iron every week if used a lot. If not, you can stick to cleaning the product twice a month. Rub a damp cloth gently around the barrel to remove dirt, oil, or any product buildup. Do not put the curling iron under running water.
- Best Curling Irons For Beginners
- Best Curling Irons For Short Hair
- Best Curling Irons For Long Hair
- Best Tourmaline Curling Irons For Every Hair Type