While you scroll through the Instagram reels, you surely often wonder where the bloggers get their nails from and then want to run to a nail salon. But, we would say don’t burn your pockets at the beauty salon; instead, grab some of the best acrylic nail powders. It won’t cost you a fortune; you can play around with it in the comfort of your home and still get similar-looking salon-like professional and exceptional results.
You don’t have to be a beauty expert to use acrylic nail powders. They are easy to use and do not require a salon visit to get professional-looking nails. With acrylic nail powders, you can get fancy-looking, artsy, DIY nails in just a few minutes. We have listed the 9 best acrylic nail powders for you to get those perfect acrylic nails at home that look beautiful and last long. We have selected them after going through their formulations and several reviews online. Have a look!
In This Article
The 9 Best Acrylic Nail Powders In 2023
1. Best Overall: OneDor Nail Dip Dipping Powder – Clear
Do you have a special occasion coming up but no time to visit the beauty salon to get your nails done? Well, you don’t really need to do that because you can do it all by yourself. This pro collection of dripping, odorless acrylic powder gives you glittery nails in a matter of minutes. Apply these glitter ingredients on fake nails or your natural ones, they will look elegant nonetheless. Once applied, these colored acrylic powders stay for at least 3-6 weeks without harming the nail bed. So, walk into that party with style and confidence and flaunt your statement-making nails.
- Non-toxic and odor-free
- Resistant to chipping and cracking
- It may take some time to dry.
2. Best Adhesion: Mia Secret Cover Pink Acrylic Powder – Cover Pink
If you are new to the concept of acrylic powder for nail art, then this one is perfect to get you started. You can achieve clean and salon-quality nails with just a few strokes. It helps you cover any natural nail imperfections and offers a matte finish look. This soft pink acrylic nail powder with hints of glitter is an ideal color for pretty, floral designs. Reviewers online love that it comes in different sizes, which makes them keep coming back to it. This salon-grade acrylic powder provides exceptional results every time you need to style your nails. Use it with Mia Secret Monomer for ease of use.
- Very affordable
- Offers a smooth finish
- Strong adhesion
- It can last for over two weeks.
- They may be prone to chipping.
3. Best Opaque Coverage: Young Nails Acrylic Cover Powder – Pink
To all the young ladies (ladies who are young at heart too) out there, we have the perfect solution to amp up your nail styles. Young Nails presents you with high-quality acrylic powder that creates a strong base for nail styling. This self-leveling acrylic powder is created with particle blend technology that offers a smooth texture and superior adhesion. When teamed up with nail liquid, it creates dazzling and strong nails every time! Sculpting nails has never been this easy, thanks to this expertly crafted long-lasting acrylic powder.
- Opaque coverage
- Excellent adhesion
- Self-leveling, medium viscosity formula
- Available in 19 different styles and 4 different sizes
- The drying might take a few extra minutes.
Best Opaque Coverage
|OneDor Nail Dip Dipping Powder - Clear||Mia Secret Cover Pink Acrylic Powder - Cover Pink||Young Nails Acrylic Cover Powder - Pink|
|Weight||1 OuncesColor||2 OuncesColor||-|
|Dimensions||-||-||3.81 x 3.81 x 6.99 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Affordable: SuperNail Clear Powder – Clear
Let your nails do all the talking! Create stunning nails in just a few minutes. This quick-drying acrylic powder is combined with an advanced formula using pigments, peroxides, and high-tech polymers along with controlled particle sizes to offer impeccable results. Reviewers love that it is made of a minimum number of advanced ingredients and delivers an impressive color pay-off. It has strong adhesive properties and extra-fine acrylic powder. The dipping acrylic powder is very easy to use, provides great volume, and lasts for a very long time.
- It does not allow the nails to crystallize.
- Might need extra filing to achieve the desired results.
5. Best Non-Toxic: Morovan Acrylic Powder
Are you tired of keeping your nails under a UV or LED light to cure the paint? With the Morovan Acrylic Powder, you can achieve clear and flawless acrylic nails in no time. It consists of small powder particles that absorb the polymer faster and provide superior nail adhesion. In addition, this smooth-application acrylic powder is easy to spread on the nails. It strengthens the nail base and offers a smooth-leveling finish to the nails. It also prevents nails from chipping and is long-lasting. The crack-resistant acrylic powder is formulated with high-quality ingredients, free of toxins. The formula is compatible with the liquid acrylic polymer and is ideal for nail extension and carving. This professional acrylic powder is suitable for all seasons and specially optimized for winter.
- Suitable for nail extension and nail carving
- Suitable for all seasons
- Does not require UV/LED curing
- Takes a long time to dry
6. Best For Beginners: Karlash New York Crystal Clear Acrylic Powder – Clear
Made by experts for your professional nail treatments, this beginner-friendly acrylic powder formula features bubble-free polymers that offer incredible accuracy. You don’t have to worry about spending too much time; the expertly crafted acrylic powder has a self-leveling finish making the process easy for you. The strong adhesion acrylic powder provides shine without ever using a nail primer. When it is used along with a liquid monomer, it gives you a “crystal clear” clarity.
- It is an ideal option for beginners.
- It prevents yellowing or dulling.
- It has great lasting power.
- It might not last for a long duration.
7. Best For Every Nail Type: Modelones Acrylic Powder Professional Nail – Clear
Create Instagram-worthy nail art with the Modelones Acrylic Powder! This clear, easy-to-use acrylic powder can be used as a nail base coat or on an overlay for the limitless nail art ideas you have in mind using an acrylic nail kit. It has a smooth and long-lasting formula that is designed to suit all kinds of skin tones and nails, like gel nails, shellac nails, polygel nails, acrygel nails, dip powder nails, press-on nails, and reusable nails. It brings out the real color when mixed with the acrylic liquid and delivers exceptional results. Considered one of the top brands by professional nail experts for their clients.
- It stays for 2-3 weeks without nail lamp curing.
- It helps you keep your fingers healthy as it does not require any artificial nail lamps for drying.
- The powder may be gritty.
8. Best For 3D Nail Art: Glam and Glits Nail Design Naked Color Acrylic Collection – Pink
In your free time, get experimenting with fast-setting acrylic powder from Glam and Glits. Unique designs or 3D nail art, this gorgeous fuchsia pink is sure to make your nails feel like a bouquet of your most favorite flowers. It is very easy to use and you’re sure to have exquisite-looking nails by the time you are done. It is the best vibrant acrylic powder brand.
- Perfect for full-coverage
- High-pigmented neon color
- It has a smooth texture.
- The color might change slightly after application
9. Best For Professionals: Saviland Acrylic Powder
The Saviland Acrylic Powder is a non-toxic, non-yellowing acrylic powder that offers flawless consistency to your acrylic paints. It provides superior nail adhesion and delivers color clarity to acrylic paints. It works as a self-leveling polymer that requires very minimal filing. Suitable for both nail art beginners and professionals, this powder is also ideal for nail extensions. This cruelty-free nail powder is formulated without toxins that prevent your nails from turning yellow. Use this nail powder to achieve stronger and longer nails that do not peel easily.
- Prevents yellowing or dulling
- Provide color clarity
- Provides chip-resistant nails
- Cruelty-free product
- Does not pick up beads
That was our list of the 9 best acrylic powders for this year. If you are new to the concept of acrylic nail powder, then you probably want to know more about it and also how to choose the right one. to achieve exceptional results. Don’t worry, we have your back! In addition to that, we will share some tips on how to use them.
Things You Need To Know About Acrylic Nail Powder
Acrylic nail powder is one of the essential products when it comes to nail care or enhancements. Everything from creating 3D acrylic nail art to nail extensions, they make the process quick and easy. You don’t need a nail technician or have to be a nail expert because most of them are DIY acrylic nail powder.
Different types of acrylic nail powders: There are quite a few varieties of acrylic powder, ranging from different color variations, shimmer to glitters. But, they should ideally be selected by their particle size. If the particles are too small, they will be prone to cracking/chipping due to lack of strong adhesive properties. If they are too big, it could create a doughy-texture that does not dissolve well. So, having the right particle size will give the desired results.
A Guide To Buying The Best Acrylic Nail Powder
You spend a lot of time working on your nail art, but you also need quality products like nail tech that will complement your artistry. If you don’t choose the right ones, your nails might crack or chip in just a few days from application. So, here are a few pointers that you need to be aware of before buying any nail powder:
- One of the important ingredients in acrylic nail powder is poly-ethyl methyl methacrylate (PMMA). They are usually mixed with monomer liquid that causes the PMMA to dry into a tough doughy texture. To avoid a tough texture and create a flexible nail, additional polymers are added to the powder. So, you have to choose the one that incorporates soft polymers, a safe ingredient, along with PMMA.
- Depending upon the material of nail powder, the drying time could vary. If you are a professional nail artist, you will probably prefer a powder that offers quick-drying for a speedy process and if you are new, you would probably need some extra time to get the perfect brush strokes before it dries.
- Cheap quality nail powder might result in cracking or chipping in just a couple of days. So, you should be looking at effective products that offer strong adhesive properties to protect the nails from any kind of damage or falloffs.
- Choosing the right color is all about your preference, style, or outfit. A lot of brands on this list offer soft as well as vibrant color acrylic nail powders, so you can choose the one that you like best. If that is too monotonous, go wild and select something completely opposite to create a contrast.
How To Apply Acrylic Powder
Here are the steps to apply acrylic nail powder:
- Start by prepping your nails – remove any existing nail polish and clean it with nail polish remover.
- Push back the cuticles. Be gentle while pushing the cuticles back and make sure you don’t apply a lot of pressure as it might damage the sensitive skin.
- Remove the shine of the natural nail using a nail file.
- If you are going to use an extension you can apply it now with nail glue. Make sure it fits side to side and isn’t too small or large as it might increase the chances of lifting.
- Apply bond and primer to the nail bed.
- Dip your brush into a liquid monomer and wipe off the excess liquid. The liquid should only be at the tip of the brush.
- Now, dip the brush into the acrylic powder jar and collect enough powder for the first brush stroke and wait for it to polymerize. Apply it all over the nail bed in a single bead application.
- Sculpt the polymerized substance along the edge of the nails.
- Let it dry for a few seconds.
- Once dried completely, start filing the nail and trim them with nail clippers into the shape you want.
- Finish it by applying a layer of nail top coat.
- Now go and show off your nails!
How To Remove The Acrylic Powder
Here are the steps to remove acrylic nail powder:
- Clip the acrylic nails to a short length.
- Get rid of the top coat or nail tips by filing them. Depending upon your preference, you can use an e-filer or a nail buffer.
- Now, you have two options. You can either dip a cotton ball in the acetone solution and apply it on the nails and wrap it with foils for a few minutes or dip your fingers directly into the solution.
- This should loosen the nails and come off easily. If it doesn’t you can use a metal pusher to remove it.
- Once done, buff away the leftover particles and file the edges of the natural nail as needed.
- You can apply some cuticle oil for rehydration purposes.
Infographic: Key Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying Acrylic Nail Powder
Nail art can enhance your overall appearance. However, getting it done at the salon on a regular basis might be costly, especially if you get bored with your nails soon. This is where acrylic nail powders come into play. They are super simple to use and remove. However, it’s critical to keep a few points in mind while purchasing acrylic nail powder. Check out the infographic below for more details.
It might take massive effort to get salon-like or celebrity-like nails at home. Although it seems challenging, it is not impossible. All you need is the best acrylic nail powders to magnify the elegant look of your nails. With a touch of imagination, you can transform your nails into works of art that reflect your unique style and personality. You can use these nail powders independently or can combine them with other nail liquids for a perfect finish. The OneDor Nail Dip Dipping Powder-Clear is a versatile choice, with easy application, and offers long-lasting results, while the Mia Secret Cover Pink Acrylic Powder provides a classic and elegant appearance, concealing imperfections smoothly. If you are looking for a deeply pigmented and consistent shade, you can try the Glam and Glits Nail Design Naked Color Acrylic Collection-Pink. The nail powders listed above provide great coverage. Some nail powders provide a smooth texture, while some are chip-resistant, and some prevent yellowing. So it would be best to consider long-lasting, durable acrylic nail powders and restrain from investing in powders that are too strong.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Srijita De, the author of this article, is a makeup and fashion enthusiast. She loves to try out various makeup products. She browsed online to check the user feedback and details to ensure the list of the best acrylic nail powder is ideal for you. These products come with strong adhesion and are chip- and scratch-resistant. In addition, they have a smooth texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is nail dip powder the same as an acrylic powder?
Yes, both nail dip powder and acrylic powder are the same; they are just used differently.
What lasts longer: dip or acrylic?
They both last for nearly the same time, about 2-3 weeks.
What is the powder they use for acrylic nails?
Acrylic powder is combined with acrylic liquid for the nails.
Can I use water with acrylic powder?
It is advised to use an acrylic liquid which helps in sculpting the nail and drying it much faster than water.
How long do powder acrylic nails last before they fall off?
Powder acrylic nails last six to eight weeks, provided you visit a salon every two to three weeks to fill in the nail growth.
- Top 50 Acrylic Nail Designs
- 13 Best Nail Dip Powder Kits For Long-Lasting Manicure
- 16 Tools That You Need In Your Nail Art Kit
- All About Acrylic Nails