While you scroll through the Instagram reels, you surely often wonder where the bloggers get their nails from and then want to run to a salon. But, we would say don’t burn your pockets at the salon; instead, grab some of the best acrylic nail powders. It won’t cost you a fortune; you can play around with it in the comfort of your home and still get similar-looking salon-like professional results.
You don’t have to be an expert to use acrylic nail powders. They are easy to use and do not require a salon visit to get professional-looking nails. With acrylic nail powders, you can get fancy-looking, artsy nails in just a few minutes. We have listed the 9 best acrylic nail powders for you to get those perfect acrylic nails that look beautiful and last long. Have a look!
The 9 Best Acrylic Nail Powders In 2020
1. Best Overall: OneDor Nail Dip Dipping Powder – Clear
Do you have a special occasion coming up but no time to visit the salon to get your nails done? Well, you don’t really need to do that because you can do it all by yourself. This pro collection of dripping powder gives you glittery nails in a matter of minutes. Apply it on faux nails or your natural ones, they will look elegant nonetheless. Once applied, acrylic colored powders stay for at least 3-6 weeks without harming the nail bed. So, walk into that party with style and confidence.
- Non-toxic and odor-free
- Resistant to chipping and cracking
- It may take some time to dry.
2. Best Adhesion: Mia Secret Cover Pink Acrylic Powder – Cover Pink
If you are new to the concept of nail powder, then this one is perfect to get you started. You can achieve clean and salon-quality nails with just a few strokes. It helps you cover any natural nail imperfections and offers a matte finish look. This soft pink acrylic nail powder with hints of glitter is an ideal color for pretty, floral designs. The impressive results will keep you coming back to it every time to need to style your nails. Pro tip — use it with Mia Secret Monomer for ease of use.
- Very affordable
- Strong adhesion
- It can last for over two weeks.
- They may be prone to chipping.
3. Best Opaque Coverage: Young Nails Acrylic Cover Powder – Pink
To all the young ladies (ladies who are young at heart too) out there, we have the perfect solution to amp up your nail styles. Young Nails presents you with high-grade acrylic nail powder that creates a strong base for nail styling. This cover powder is created with particle blend technology that offers a smooth texture and superior adhesion. When teamed-up with nail liquid, it creates dazzling and strong nails every time! Sculpting nails have never been this easy.
- Opaque coverage
- Self-leveling, medium viscosity formula
- Available in 19 different styles and 4 different sizes
- The drying might take a few extra minutes.
4. Best Affordable: SuperNail Clear Powder – Clear
Let your nails do all the talking! Create stunning nails in just a few minutes. This acrylic powder is combined with an advanced formula using pigments, peroxides, and high-tech polymers along with controlled particle sizes to offer impeccable results. It has strong adhesive properties and extra-fine acrylic powder. It is very easy to use, provides great volume, and lasts for a very long time.
- It does not allow the nails to crystallize.
- Might need extra filing to achieve the desired results.
5. Best For DIY: Aimik 18 Colors Acrylic Powder
Everybody fancies rainbows, they are pretty and colorful. So, how about you let your friends say the same thing about your nails too? Create vivid and colorful nails with this DIY color acrylic nail kit. They are made from natural materials to keep your fingers healthy by eliminating any usage of UV/LED lights. It has a long-lasting performance of up to 3-4 weeks with proper application. So, let your imagination flow!
- Non-toxic and odorless
- It is great for both personal and professional purposes.
- It can be used with both UV Gel Polish and normal nail polish.
- You might have to paint several coats to get full coverage.
6. Best For Beginners: Karlash New York Crystal Clear Acrylic Powder – Clear
Made by experts for your professional nail treatments, this formula features bubble-free polymers that offer incredible accuracy. You don’t have to worry about spending too much time; the acrylic powder has a self-leveling finish making the process easy for you. The superior adhesion formula provides shine without ever using a primer. When it is used along with a monomer, it gives you a “crystal clear” clarity.
- It is an ideal option for beginners.
- It prevents yellowing or dulling.
- It has great lasting power.
- It might not last for a long duration.
7. Best For Every Nail Type: Modelones Acrylic Powder Professional Nail – Clear
Create Instagram-worthy nail art with Modelones Acrylic Powder! This clear acrylic powder can be used as a base layer or on an overlay for the limitless nail art ideas you have in mind. It has a smooth and long-lasting formula that is designed to suit all kinds of nails and skin tones. It brings out the real color when mixed with the acrylic liquid. Considered as one of the top brands by professional nail experts for their clients.
- It stays for 2-3 weeks without nail lamp curing.
- It helps you keep your fingers healthy as it does not require any artificial nail lamps for drying.
- The powder may be gritty.
8. Best For 3D Nail Art: Glam and Glits Nail Design Naked Color Acrylic Collection – Pink
On your free time, get experimenting with acrylic nail powder from Glam and Glits. Unique designs or 3D nail art, this gorgeous fuchsia pink is sure to make your nails feel like a bouquet of your most favorite flowers. It is very easy to use and you’re sure to have exquisite-looking nails by the time you are done. It is the best acrylic powder brand.
- Perfect for full-coverage
- High-pigmented neon color
- It has a smooth texture.
- The color might change slightly after application
9. Best Long-Lasting: Vafee Acrylic Nail Systems
You don’t need a special occasion to groom your nails; this bubble-free acrylic powder is formulated by years of combined experience to offer impeccable application. They are made from high-quality ingredients that offer easy adhesion for long-lasting results. The formula delivers seamless application and finish to achieve the perfect nail designs that you need. You don’t have to wait to get an appointment at the salon anymore, replicate all the designs that you have saved on your phone, on your own. Be careful, you might get addicted to this one!
- Smooth self-leveling finish
- Optimized for all seasons
- It is FDA compliant and MMA-free (Methyl methacrylate).
- It is formulated with UV stabilizers to prevent yellowing or dulling.
- The smell might be too strong.
That was our list of the 9 best acrylic powders for this year. If you are new to the concept of acrylic nail powder, then you probably want to know more about it and also how to choose the right one. Don’t worry, we have your back! In addition to that, we will share some tips on how to use them too.
Things You Need To Know About Acrylic Nail Powder
Acrylic nail powder is one of the essential products when it comes to nail care or enhancements. Everything from creating 3D acrylic nail art to nail extensions, they make the process quick and easy. You don’t have to be a nail expert because most of them are DIY acrylic nail powder.
Different types of acrylic nail powders: There are quite a few varieties of acrylic powder, ranging from different color variations, shimmer to glitters. But, they should ideally be selected by their particle size. If the particles are too small, they will be prone to cracking/chipping due to lack of strong adhesive properties. If they are too big, it could create a doughy-texture that does not dissolve well. So, having the right particle size will give the desired results.
A Guide To Buying The Best Acrylic Nail Powder
You spend a lot of time working on your nail art, but you also need quality products that will complement your artistry. If you don’t choose the right ones, your nails might crack or chip in just a few days from application. So, here are a few pointers that you need to be aware of before buying any nail powder:
- One of the important ingredients in acrylic nail powder is poly-ethyl methyl methacrylate (PMMA). They are usually mixed with monomer liquid that causes the PMMA to dry into a tough doughy texture. To avoid a tough texture and create a flexible nail, additional polymers are added to the powder. So, you have to choose the one that incorporates soft polymers along with PMMA.
- Depending upon the material of nail powder, the drying time could vary. If you are a professional nail artist, you will probably prefer a powder that offers quick-drying for a speedy process and if you are new, you would probably need some extra time to get the perfect brush strokes before it dries.
- Cheap quality nail powder might result in cracking or chipping in just a couple of days. So, you should be looking at products that offer strong adhesive properties to protect the nails from any kind of damage or falloffs.
- Choosing the right color is all about your preference, style, or outfit. A lot of brands on this list offer colored acrylic nail powders, so you can choose the one that you like best. If that is too monotonous, go wild and select something completely opposite to create a contrast.
How To Apply Acrylic Powder
Here are the steps to apply acrylic nail powder:
- Start by prepping your nails – remove any existing nail polish and clean it with acetone.
- Push back the cuticles. Be gentle while pushing the cuticles back and make sure you don’t apply a lot of pressure as it might damage the skin.
- Remove the shine of the natural nail using a nail file.
- If you are going to use an extension you can apply it now. Make sure it fits side to side and isn’t too small or large as it might increase the chances of lifting.
- Apply bond and primer to the nail bed.
- Dip your brush into a monomer and wipe off the excess liquid. The liquid should only be at the tip of the brush.
- Now, dip the brush into the acrylic powder jar and collect enough powder for the first brush stroke and wait for it to polymerize. Apply it all over the nail bed in a single bead application.
- Sculpt the polymerized substance along the edge of the nails.
- Let it dry for a few seconds.
- Once dried completely, start filing the nail and trim them into the shape you want.
- Finish it by applying a layer of top coat.
- Now go and show off your nails!
How To Remove The Acrylic Powder
Here are the steps to remove acrylic nail powder:
- Clip the acrylic nails to a short length.
- Get rid of the top coat by filing it. Depending upon your preference, you can use an e-filer or a buffer.
- Now, you have two options. You can either dip a cotton ball in the acetone solution and apply it on the nails and wrap it with foils for a few minutes or dip your fingers directly into the solution.
- This should loosen the nails and come off easily. If it doesn’t you can use a metal pusher to remove it.
- Once done, buff away the leftovers particles and file the edges of the natural nail as needed.
- You can apply some cuticle oil for rehydration purposes.
There you go! That was pretty much everything that you need to know about acrylic nail powder. If you are too lazy or don’t have time to organically grow nails, then acrylic is the way forward. So, how about you choose the one you like from the list and start working on nail art you always wanted to try out? If you are a beginner, we hope that the buying guide gave you a clear idea about choosing the right one.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup and fashion enthusiast. She loves to try out various makeup products. She browsed online to check the user feedback and details to ensure the list of the best acrylic nail powder is ideal for you. These products come with strong adhesion and are chip- and scratch-resistant. In addition, they have a smooth texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is nail dip powder the same as an acrylic powder?
Yes, both nail dip powder and acrylic powder are the same; they are just used differently.
What lasts longer: dip or acrylic?
They both last for nearly the same time, about 2-3 weeks.
What is the powder they use for acrylic nails?
Acrylic powder is combined with acrylic liquid for the nails.
Can I use water with acrylic powder?
It is advised to use an acrylic liquid which helps in sculpting the nail and drying it much faster than water.
- Top 50 Acrylic Nail Designs
- 13 Best Nail Dip Powder Kits For Long-Lasting Manicure
- 16 Tools That You Need In Your Nail Art Kit
- All About Acrylic Nails