Coloring hair with vibrant hues or bleaching it with brassy or orange tones can transform your personality. But treating delicate hair strands with chemicals weakens them. Such treatments also lead to hair breakage, split ends, dryness, and hair fall. The solution? A color-protected nourishing hair mask that seals moisture in your locks and adds nutrients.
Here, we have listed the 13 best hair masks for color-treated hair. Take a look!
Table Of Contents
13 Best Hair Masks For Color-Treated Hair
1. Best For Blonde-Colored Hair: Bold Uniq Purple Hair Mask
If you want to remove brassiness, yellow tones, and protect dry, damaged hair, try the Bold Uniq Purple Hair Mask. This 5-in-1 treatment formula revitalizes hair strands and conditions them from the roots. It improves hair texture and shine, and neutralizes the brassiness in blonde shades.
The scientifically-formulated UV filters in this purple conditioning mask absorb UV rays from the sun and keep the color from fading. These filters also maintain the color vibrancy. The mask’s ultra-pigmented violet-tone is specifically formulated for lighter hair shades. It enhances the blonde, platinum, silver, or grey coloring.
- Soy Protein: The amino acids in soy protein help strengthen the locks, improve texture, and repair damage. Hydrolyzed soy protein is a deep conditioning ingredient. It helps reduce flaking and restores suppleness. It also enhances the general hair appearance.
- Vitamin B5: It binds with the hair strands and adds structure to dehydrated locks. The nutrient restores hair resilience and strength.
- Jojoba Oil: Its fatty acids protect the moisture barrier of the hair strands. The oil also strengthens hair.
- Marula Oil: It strengthens hair from the root to the tip without leaving a greasy residue. Its powerful antioxidants protect the strands from environmental damage.
- Coconut Oil: The vitamins and essential fatty acids in coconut oil nourish the scalp and prevent excess sebum formation. The oil also adds hair shine and tames frizziness.
Hair Types: Dry and normal hair
- 100% vegan
- Improves hair elasticity
- Protects against sun damage
- Protects blonde hair color
The Revicare Beauty Keratin Hair Mask provides intensive treatment for flawless hair. It’s natural botanical extracts replenish, regrow, nourish, and rejuvenate hair proteins. They also deeply condition hair and leave it frizz-free. The mask strengthens hair follicles. It works perfectly for extra dry, damaged, and chemically-treated hair.
- Keratin Protein: Hair cuticles absorb keratin and make your hair shiny and glossy. Keratin also reduces frizz and adds strength to dry hair.
- Retinol: It improves scalp health, promotes hair growth, and prevents alopecia.
- Green Tea: This potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound protect hair from sun damage. It also revives hair color and boosts its vibrancy. It reduces dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a compound responsible for androgenic hair loss. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of green tea fight against hair dryness and dandruff.
- Coconut Oil: This oil penetrates hair follicles, conditions hair, and restores hair shine, strength, and resilience.
- Vitamin E: This antioxidant protects hair from oxidative damage.
Hair Types: All types of thin, dry, damaged hair, and normal hair
- Sodium chloride-free
- Tames hair frizz
- FDA- and GMP-certified ingredients
The BLOOMMY Biotin Collagen Keratin Hair Mask restores hair strength, shine, texture, and color in just 10 minutes. The natural, vegan-friendly extract leaves your hair feeling silky, strong, flawless, and shiny. The deep conditioning mask prevents hair loss and breakage. It nourishes the scalp and protects color-treated hair from further damage.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice: The proteolytic enzymes in the aloe leaf extract repair dead skin cells on the scalp. The juice acts as a good conditioner to restore hair shine. It also promotes hair growth and soothes scalp dryness and itchiness.
- Biotin: It repairs and conditions hair follicles. It thickens hair strands, promotes growth, and restores hair resilience.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: The antioxidant properties of green tea protect the hair from sun damage and UV rays. Green tea also keeps the color from fading.
- Hydrolyzed Keratin: It strengthens hair and adds shine to it.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: It repairs dry and damaged hair. It holds the dermal layer and the hair follicles together, leaving hair stronger than before.
- Panthenol: Moisturizes and hydrates hair strands.
Hair Types: Dry, damaged, and color-treated hair
- Protects from UV damage
- Sodium chloride-free
- Reconstructs dry hair
- Restores hair elasticity
- Not suitable for curly hair
- Overpowering fragrance
4. Best Antioxidant-Rich: Vitamins Hair Cosmetics Deep Conditioning Keratin Hair Mask
The Vitamins Hair Cosmetics Deep Conditioning Mask is formulated to add life to dry, damaged, and fine hair. It is a professional-grade salon-quality keratin treatment that deeply conditions locks, repairs split ends, controls frizz, and strengthens damaged color- and chemical-treated hair. It also offers long-lasting hydration to the scalp.
- Keratin Extracts: These seal hydration and restores hair shine. The keratin easily bonds with the hair strands and strengthens them from the roots.
- Moroccan Argan Oil: It is rich in vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and antioxidants. It makes hair soft, seals hydration, increases elasticity, and restores hair shine. The antioxidants protect the color-treated strands from fading. They also prevent UV damage.
- Wheat Germ Oil: It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that condition hair and protect it from environmental aggressors. It helps seal moisture and absorbs excess sebum.
Hair Types: Chemically-treated dry, curly, and damaged hair
- Reduces frizz
- Long-lasting effect
- Weightless formula
- Overwhelming fragrance
- Not suitable for thick hair
The artnaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask is infused with natural extract conditions. These organic ingredients help repair hair damage. They also protect hair from damage due to excess heat and styling.
- Argan Oil: It hydrates dry, dehydrated hair. It is a great moisturizer that conditions hair from the roots. It penetrates the hair cuticles and makes hair softer and manageable. It is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E that restructure the protective hair barrier. Vitamin E also protects hair from free radical damage. It gets easily absorbed into the hair follicles without leaving a greasy residue. It helps restore hair shine as well.
Hair Types: Oily, dry, and normal hair
- Restorative formula
- Certified vegan
- Ethically sourced
6. Best For Highlighted Hair: Pravana The Perfect Blonde Purple Toning Masque
Pravana The Perfect Blonde Purple Toning Masque deeply nourishes highly pigmented colors and restores hair radiance and vibrancy. It adds shine to hair, moisturizes thirsty locks, and infuses strength.
- Cocoa Butter: The healing and softening properties of cocoa butter deeply nourish hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- Coconut Oil: It hydrates hair follicles from the root to the tip. The fatty acids in coconut oil strengthen the protective hair barrier and leave hair shiny.
Hair Type: Dry hair
- Protects the brassy tones
- Strengthens hair follicles
7. Best Luxurious Formula: Royal Formula Nature’s Potent Argan Oil Hair Mask Professional Series
The Royal Formula Nature’s Potent Argan Oil Hair Mask repairs, restores, hydrates, moisturizes, and strengthens weak, chemically-damaged hair. This clinically-proven formula with natural botanical extracts improves hair softness and texture and promotes new hair follicular growth. It is easy to use. It smells clean and protects hair color.
- Argan Oil: It is rich in fatty acids, including linoleic and oleic acids, which lubricate the hair shaft, protect the hair moisture barrier, and restore hair hydration. It has powerful antioxidants that act as a safeguard against environmental assaults. Vitamin E, the potent antioxidant in argan oil, possesses anti-inflammatory properties that reduce irritation and itching.
- Sweet Almond Oil: It is rich in vitamin E that protects the hair strands from free radical damage. It also protects the colored locks from UV damage. The oil acts as an emollient, fills the gap in between the hair strands at the cellular level, and leaves hair looking silky smooth. It also strengthens the hair roots and prevents hair breakage and split ends.
Hair Types: All hair types
- Clinically-proven formula
- Soothing fragrance
- Tames frizz and split ends
8. Best Salon-Quality Hair Mask: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
The Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask is infused with natural botanical extracts that nourish and soothe dry, dull hair. This salon-quality hair mask is clinically-approved. It penetrates the hair shaft and makes your hair shiny in just 3 to 5 minutes. The nut oil extract in the mask nourishes and adds moisture to the bottom of each hair strand. The 100% organic botanical extracts seal hair moisture and leave hair touchably soft and smooth.
- Olive Oil: It penetrates the hair shaft, strengthens the roots, and leaves hair feeling silky soft and smooth. It also reduces scalp itching and dandruff.
- Sweet Almond Oil: It moisturizes the hair surface and strengthens hair roots.
- Meadowfoam Extract: It helps restore dull, damaged hair. It also moistens the middle of the hair shaft.
Hair Types: Dry and damaged hair
- Works as a leave-in conditioner
- Give results in just 3-5 minutes
- Adds luster
9. Top Professional Series: Arvazallia Fortifying Protein Hair Mask
The Arvazallia Fortifying Protein Hair Mask is among the top salon products for treating dry, damaged hair. This deep conditioning hair mask with nourishing ingredients moisturizes, hydrates, and reinvigorates dry, damaged, and chemically processed hair. It restores the hair moisture levels.
This mask is infused with fatty acid-rich argan oil that seals moisture and lubricates and nourishes the hair shaft. The infused antioxidants in the argan oil hair mask offer a protective fatty layer to the hair and scalp. This prevents dryness, reduces frizz, and boosts shine.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: It thickens the hair strands and adds volume and luster. Its low molecular weight allows it to penetrate the hair follicles and get absorbed into the inner hair fibers. It leaves hair feeling soft, smooth, and manageable.
- Moroccan Argan Oil: The powerful antioxidants and fatty acids in argan oil keep hair hydrated, and protect it from styling, coloring, and free radical damage. The oil also tames frizz, adds shine, and fights dandruff.
- Macadamia Oil: Macadamia oil is rich in essential fatty acids that work more efficiently than any other mineral oil. They bind to each hair shaft and strengthen it. The blend of macadamia and argan oils reconstructs and rebuilds damaged hair. It also improves hair health, shine, and elasticity.
Hair Type: All hair types
- 100% vegan
- Helps detangle hair
- Tames frizz
- Repairs split ends
10. Best Blend Of Natural Oils: Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
If you want an intensive weekly treatment to repair, rejuvenate, and restore the luster of dry, dehydrated hair, the Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask would be ideal. The emollient mix of natural botanical extracts with natural oil restores hair shine and moisture.
This deep conditioning mask rejuvenates hair strands, seals hair moisture, and restores hair hydration. The unique formulations of the NOVA complex with essential nutrients and oil help treat damaged hair.
- Rosehip Oil: It increases the strength of hair roots and promotes hair growth. It provides fatty acids to balance hair hydration and control frizz. The antioxidants in rosehip oil, like vitamin C and lycopene, protect the strands from environmental and chemical damage.
- Algae Extract: It contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that add vibrancy to dull, lifeless hair. Moreover, it reduces inflammation caused by a bacterial infection. It also promotes hair growth and adds bounce to limp hair.
- Almond Oil: The protein and fatty acids in almond oil act as a protective barrier to boost hair shine and vibrancy. They also seal hair moisture.
Hair Types: Dry, damaged, and chemically-treated hair
- Clinically-proven formula
- Free from silicones
- No phthalates
- Free from artificial dyes
- No TEA/MEA/DEA
11. Best Natural Color Booster: Kerastase Paris Reflection Mask Chromatique Multi-Protecting Mask
The Kerastase Paris Multi-Protecting Chromatique Mask deeply nourishes hair to protect and prolong color vibrancy. The nourishing ingredients with antioxidants illuminate shine and protect hair from UV damage.
- Zinc Gluconate: It captures and seals color deep within the hair fibers by creating a strong ionic bond between the coloring agents. Zinc is also beneficial for repairing hair tissue and promoting hair growth.
- Linseed Oil: It is commonly known as flaxseed oil. It is rich in vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that protects hair from UV damage. Lignan, another strong antioxidant, can help with hair regrowth and keep hair healthy and shiny. This water repelling oil polishes and smoothens the hair fibers from the root to the tip.
- Vitamin E: It acts as a deep moisturizer, reduces hair breakage, and helps fight oxidative stress. It helps prevent premature hair color fading.
Hair Type: Dry hair
- Prolongs hair color
- Protects hair from UV damage
- Restores hair shine
- Soothes scalp irritation
The Kenra Nourishing Deep Conditioning Hair Mask is a repairing mask to rejuvenate dry, damaged hair. It reconstructs and moisturizes hair and leaves hair feeling silky, soft, smooth, and manageable.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: It improves hair texture, strengthens individual hair fibers, and repairs hair damage.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: The essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and ceramides in sunflower seed oil provide deep nourishment to hair. They also soothe dry hair and scalp. They seal hair moisture and keep it healthy and strong.
- Avocado Fruit Extract: It is rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fatty acids that penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize it from the root to the tip. It also helps prevent hair breakage.
Hait Type: All hair types
- Replenishes moisture
- Restore shine
13. Best DHT-Blocker: TruePure Natural Hair Mask
The natural oils with a hydrating botanical extract make the TruePure Natural Hair Mask a perfect choice to restore hair resilience. The truly pure organic ingredients help repair weak, brittle hair and restore its shine and luster. The elixir blend of essential oils creates a salon-style repair treatment for the hair and scalp.
- Coconut Oil: It provides moisture and softens and repairs dry, damaged hair. The MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids) in coconut oil help prevent moisture loss from hair.
- Argan Oil: The antioxidants and fatty acids of argan oil deeply nourish and repair the hair shafts. They seal the moisture for healthier looking hair.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: It is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that supply the essential nutrients to hair follicles while protecting them from environmental and chemical aggressors.
- Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract: It is a potent DHT-blocker that may block 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that causes androgenic hair loss.
- Orange Peel Oil: It is rich in vitamin C that treats scalp-related issues. It also alleviates dry, itchy scalp.
Hair Type: All hair types
- Strengthens hair roots
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Consistency could be too thin
These are the 13 best hair masks that protect your hair color and restore hair shine. They also moisturize hair for a visibly healthier look. Before you make a purchase, there are few factors you need to check for. Take a look.
How To Choose The Right Hair Mask For Color-Treated Hair
- Define Your Hair Type: Before choosing the right product for your color-treated hair, it is important to understand your hair type. If you have dry hair, choose an intense moisturizing color-protected hair mask to restore hydration. If you have curly, kinky hair, choose a hair mask that not only maintains your curls but also provides nourishment and is color-safe.
- Anti-Breakage Formula: Color-treated hair often undergoes split ends or hair breakage that further damage the locks. The mask should have a blend of argan oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel that not only maintain hair texture but also prevent hair breakage.
- Intense Hydration: Providing optimum hydration is the key to protect color-treated hair. Pick ingredients that are naturally derived, organic, and emollient. Pick argan oil, sweet almond oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and soy protein. They strengthen the hair roots and offer a protective layer to prevent water loss from hair.
- Look For Antioxidants: Ensure the hair mask contains vitamins A, C, and E that protect the hair shaft from free radical damage.
- Free From Chemicals: Ensure the mask contains organic ingredients that protect, nourish, and revitalize hair follicles. It should be free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, formaldehyde, and other chemicals.
A deep conditioning hair mask is important to nourish, revitalize, and restore hydration for color-treated hair. A hydrating hair mask with organic ingredients and antioxidants protects each strand from further damage. Pick the hair mask as per your hair type and add more vibrancy to your hues.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Can hair masks repair hair?
Yes, hair masks with natural botanical extracts can repair hair.
Is it bad to use a hair mask every day?
A hair mask is a deep conditioning cream that nourishes your strands. Regular use may make your hair oily. Use once in a week to enjoy the benefits.
Is leaving a hair mask overnight bad?
A few leave-in hair masks can be used overnight. Choose accordingly.
- 11 Best Hair Masks Available In India For Dry, Frizzy Hair
- 15 Best Organic Hair Masks
- 13 Best Drugstore Hair Masks (2020) To Buy Online – With Buying Tips
- 15 Best Hair Masks For Blonde Hair
- L’Oreal Professionnel Paris Hair Spa Smoothing Creambath
Latest posts by Priyanka S (see all)
- Differences Between Hair Shedding And Hair Loss - January 11, 2021
- How To Do A Reverse Perm At Home – A Step-By-Step Tutorial - November 25, 2020
- Do I Have Thick Or Thin Hair? Ways To Check The Hair Texture And Beauty Hacks - November 23, 2020
- Do Braids Promote Hair Growth? Are They Safe For Scalp Health? - November 20, 2020
- How To Perm Bleached Or Color-Treated Hair At Home - November 20, 2020