If you struggle with chapped and dry lips, there is no better solution than using the best natural lip balm. Wondering why? Well, natural lip balms contain clean ingredients that can heal your skin without causing any side effects. They are especially beneficial for sensitive skin as they do not cause irritation but deliver visible results. Natural and organic lip balms protect and shield the lips from dryness, harsh weather, wind, and cold. They help maintain smooth and hydrated lips. However, always ensure to check the ingredients before picking a product.
If you are wondering which are the best natural and organic options for your lips, we have a few suggestions. Here, we prepared a list of the 15 best natural and organic lip balms for dry lips that can effectively protect against dryness. These types of lip balms have been selected after going through honest reviews from users online. Scroll down and take your pick.
In This Article
15 Amazing Natural And Organic Lip Balms For Cracked And Dry Lips
Best Hydrating:Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm
Sold in a pack of four, the dermatologist-recommended Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm nourishes your lips and leaves them soft, supple, and moisturized. With four naturally nourishing flavors of Coconut & Pear, Beeswax, Vanilla Bean, and Strawberry, the natural lip balm gives you revitalized lips in just one swipe. All the delicious flavors are infused with natural beeswax and powerful fruit extracts which helps to deeply moisturize and beautify your lips. This natural lip care is filled with natural butters and oils that are responsibly sourced to give your lips a soothing feeling and hydration. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the nourishing lip balm, along with a tester’s experience of using it.
- Made sustainably
- 100% natural ingredients
- Free from parabens and phthalates
- Does not contain SLS or petrolatum
- Not tested on animals
- Peppermint oil might irritate chapped lips
Best For Sensitive Lips:Sky Organics Organic Beeswax Lip Balms
Formulated with natural moisturizing ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E, the Sky Organics Organic Beeswax Lip Balms come in a pack of six rich flavors that effectively soften and smooth your lips. They smell delicious and do wonders for your lips, even sensitive ones and these are suitable for daily use. The six flavors are inspired by customer favorites and include Cherry Bomb, Tropical Coconut, Luscious Tahitian Vanilla, Eucalyptus Mint, Tangy Citrus, and Strawberry Bliss. Just carry these little balms around in your pocket and apply them on your lips as and when needed to keep your lips hydrated and plump. They smell delicious so try not to eat them! To get a better understanding of this organic lip balm option and know about a tester’s experience with it, you can check out this video on YouTube.
- Contains 100% organic lip butters
- Includes rosemary and calendula extracts
- 100% USDA-certified organic lip moisturizer
- Completely cruelty-free and recyclable
- Suitable for all ages, from toddlers to adults
- Might not be long-lasting
Best For Lip Protection:Hanalei Lip Treatment
The Hanalei Lip Balm moisturizes, heals, and protects the lips to make them soft, supple, and pink. To make your lips luscious and hydrated, it is made with natural active ingredients such as kukui nut oil, coconut oil, and beeswax. Kukui nut oil is known for its high levels of fatty acids that penetrate deeply into the skin to provide hydration and healing. Coconut oil, a natural emollient, locks the moisture in your lips and protects them from harsh elements. Beeswax is added to the formula to create a protective barrier on the lips, helping to seal in moisture and protect the lips from the environment. These lip balms come in different shades to suit different skin tones.
- Vegan lip balm
- Synthetic fragrance-free
- Supremely moisturizing
- Has healing properties
- Made with natural and organic ingredients
- Available in a variety of flavors
Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm
Sky Organics Organic Beeswax Lip Balms
Best For Sensitive Lips
Hanalei Lip Treatment
Best For Lip Protection
|Color||"Best of" Multipack||Assorted,Sky||Sand|
|Dimensions||2.78 x 0.75 x 3.75 inches||4 x 3 x 0.5 inches||1.8 x 1.8 x 1.7 inches|
|Weight||0.6 Ounces||0.15 Ounces||0.53 Ounces|
Best Cruelty-Free:Kind Lips Premium Lip Balm
If you have chapped, dry lips, the Kind Lips Premium Lip Balm is a blessing for you. It is enriched with coconut oil, shea butter, and jojoba oil that moisturizes and soothes your chapped lips and infuses anti-bacterial properties into them. The formula of this lip product also contains beeswax that treats inflammation and olive oil that protects the skin cells of your lips. The vitamin E in the formula also protects your lips against free radical damage and promotes healthy cell regeneration. This product is free of animal testing and is also safe for adults and pets.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Unpleasant fragrance
Best Value For Money:Cliganic Organic Lip Balm Set
With six fabulous flavors to choose from, the Cliganic Organic Lip Balm Set enables your lips to stay healthy and hydrated. Beeswax is known to be a natural skin conditioner and these tinted lip balms are made with a base of beeswax. The flavors include Mint Burst, Citrus, Beeswax, Vanilla, Coconut, and Eucalyptus Mint. With natural antioxidant ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, olive oil, and sunflower oil, these organic lip balms are enriched with goodness that protects and nourishes your lips while giving them a subtle tint and are easy to apply. You can be rest assured that the brand has tested these personal care products for purity.
- Conveniently sized for your pocket
- Contains ingredients with vitamins A, D, E
- Infused with essential oils for a pleasant fragrance
- Free of parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals
- Cruelty-free and hypoallergenic products
- Might be sticky for some
Best For Chapped lips:Beauty By Earth Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm
Nothing ruins a smile like chapped lips. The Beauty By Earth Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm is packed with active ingredients that are safe for your lips. Comes in a pack of four, this set of natural lip balms gives your lips the hydration they need even when you’re out in the sun, cold, or strong winds. This clear balm is formulated with natural ingredients like organic beeswax, peppermint oil, organic sunflower oil, and organic shea butter that help you turn your frowns into smiles. It helps to protect and moisturize your lips. Check out the review of this product and the reviewer’s experience with it for more information.
- Soft and smooth texture
- Mild and unflavored for a refreshing feel
- Free of artificial flavors and petroleum
- Natural flavors of honey, vanilla, exotic fruit extracts
- Cute, classy, affordable, and environmentally friendly
- The sweet taste might not be appealing to all
Best Formula With SPF:Natural Ice Medicated Lip Balm
Ice ice baby— this song may pop into your mind when you’re using the Natural Ice Medicated Lip Balm for your chapped lips! With a natural cooling sensation that protects your lips from harsh weather conditions, this organic lip balm is the go-to lip balm for everyday family use. The beauty product is available in two flavors— Original Mint and Cherry. One of the best organic lip balms there is, this little balm glides onto your lips smoothly leaving it feeling cool, hydrated, and moisturized. Multiple reviewers stated that the lip balm offers visible results. If you’re a victim of dry chapped lips, using this organic, results-driven lip balm once or twice will give you a soothing feeling.
- Heals chapped lips
- Protects lips from harsh weather
- Keeps lips soft and smooth
- Offers sun protection
- Quick healing formula
- Some might not like the cooling sensation
Best For Parched Lips:Ktchn Apothecary Lip Treatment
The Ktchn Apothecary Lip Treatment is a replenishing handcrafted clear lip balm that helps soften and hydrate your lips. It is infused with food-grade ingredients like cold-pressed avocado oil, shea butter, pure honeycomb, and virgin coconut oil that protect your lips against free radical damage. It soothes your lips and leaves them with a smooth satin finish. Reviewers mentioned that you can apply it alone or as a primer before lipstick application for soft and plump lips.
- Non-sticky formula
- Satin finish
- Suitable for all skin types
- Artificial fragrance-free
- Not tested on animals
- Premium brushed aluminum packaging with a twist-off mechanism
- Does not have a smooth texture
Best Quick Healing Formula:Kopari Lip Glossy
An organic lip balm that gives you the perfect amount of shine, the Kopari Lip Glossy provides your lips ultra-hydration. This tropic lip balm is made with a blend of vitamin E, coconut, and shea butter, and has a non-sticky formula for kissable lips. The 100% pure and natural coconut oil is sustainably sourced from small family farms and along with the other active ingredients, they lock in moisture keeping your lips supple, soft, and plump. It is the best dermatologist-tested chapstick for dry lips when you make this long-lasting lip gloss a part of your everyday life.
- Long-lasting moisturizing lip gloss
- 2-in-1 feature of a lip gloss and lip balm
- Free of parabens and sulfates
- Free of animal testing
- Does not contain silicones and GMOs
- Contains the hydration from coconut and a subtle tropical hint
- Might be expensive
Best Gluten-Free:Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm
The Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm has become one of the most loved lip balms of customers because of its ability to lock in moisture and serve the lips well. One of the best organic lip balms, this simple, moisturizing product has a non-sticky formula that offers a smooth lip balm application. It leaves your lips with a glossy finish and a delicate pink tint. It moisturizes your lips making them soft, plump, and chap-free. This best natural lip moisturizer also has a delicious scent that leaves you wanting more. It comes in a convenient tube that is suitable to carry on the go. Not only does this organic lip balm treat chapped lips, but it can also be used for rashes, minor burns, itchiness, and even diaper rashes.
- Calms and heals mild irritation
- Soothes the sting of minor burns
- Relieves dryness of elbow and knees
- Long-lasting effects with pea-sized quantity
- Can be mixed with lipstick for extra shine
- Fragrance might be too strong
Best Non-Sticky Formula:Dr. Bronner’s Organic Lip Balm
With a variety pack of four flavors like Naked Unscented, Peppermint, Lemon Lime, and Orange Ginger, Dr. Bronner’s Organic Lip Balm is infused with organic beeswax and organic avocado oil which restores natural lip moisture. This moisture-locking and results-driven natural lip balm uses the finest essential oils to provide the best quality lip balms. Even though the beauty product’s main function is that of a lip balm, it can also be used as a skin balm to eliminate dryness of hands, feet, and chapped chin and cheeks. All you have to do is apply this professional-grade balm directly on dry patches of skin and not just on your lips.
- Contains no synthetic ingredients
- Cruelty-free and certified vegan
- Certified as organic by USDA
- Contains avocado oil for ultra moisturization
- Made with organic beeswax
- Product melts easily
- A few flavors might not be appealing
Best Long-Lasting:Honest Beauty Tinted Lip Balm
What’s better than a glossy lip balm? A glossy lip balm with a tint! Made with avocado oil, acai, and pomegranate sternols, the Honest Beauty Tinted Lip Balm is packed with antioxidant properties and skin barrier-repairing abilities. The fatty acids present in avocado oil nourish your lips, increase skin barrier function, and give you soft, moisturized lips. This dermatologist-tested organic lip balm has a sheer tint that is buildable to a darker shade of your choice.
- Locks in moisture for 6-8 hours
- The formula does not feel sticky, waxy, or dry
- Free from synthetic ingredients
- Cruelty-free, vegan, and dermatologist-tested
- Offers antioxidant protection
- The tinted shade might not be appealing to all
Best Eco-Friendly:Portland Bee Balm Unscented Lip Balm
Made in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, the Portland Bee Balm Unscented Lip Balm is a handmade, beeswax-based lip balm that protects and hydrates your lips with nature’s goodness. This classic balm uses carefully-sourced organic and local ingredients which include Pacific Northwest beeswax, organic cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, and organic California extra virgin olive oil to create a lip balm like no other. These natural products are wrapped in real wood instead of processed paper or plastic making them unique, eco-friendly, and recyclable. As per several reviews, it is a good lip balm for dry lips and is suitable for all ages.
- Glides on smoothly
- Makes lips soft and supple
- Heals chapped lips
- Long-lasting lip balm
- Matte finish
- Unscented formula
Best Pleasant Fragrance:Henne Organics Luxury Lip Balm
One of the best lip balms that you can treat your lips with is the Henne Organics Luxury Lip Balm. This rich, all-natural formula not only soothes and restores the plumpness of your lips but also pampers them and replenishes the natural moisture balance. The fancy hydrating lip balm is infused with an organic dreamy blend of coconut oil, avocado and jojoba seed oils, beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E, and cocoa seed butter. With this rich, moisturizing formula, your lips will be ultra-hydrated, soft, and plump. This sumptuous high-quality lip care product is also available in a travel-friendly stick form and is a must-have everyday moisturizer!
- Nourishes, moisturizes, and treats dry lips
- Contains antioxidant organic ingredients
- Cocoa butter gives it a pleasant fragrance
- Jojoba oil reduces skin redness and irritation
- 100% natural and organic
- Not tested on animals
- Taste might not be appealing
Best Non-Greasy:Moroccan Magic Organic Lip Balm
What’s better than one natural and organic lip balm? Five! With the five piece Moroccan Magic Organic Lip Balm set, you don’t have to worry about running out of your favorite lip balms! This organic lip balm is available in the luxurious flavors of Peppermint Eucalyptus, Rose, Coconut Almond, Lemon Thyme, and Lavender Vanilla, so you will never have to deal with chapped lips ever again. Give your lips the best care out there by grabbing this product right now!
- Long-lasting formula
- Contains organic argan oil
- Non-toxic and cruelty-free
- Free of synthetic ingredients
- Non-greasy and smooth
- No SPF
- Fragrance might not be appealing to all
Natural Lip Balm – Buying Guide And Reviews
It might be difficult to determine what comes under “natural” because it is such an umbrella term that is thrown around pretty often. However, the ingredients of the balm will point you in the right direction to determine what a natural lip balm is. Always read the ingredient list and consider consulting a healthcare professional before trying a new product, especially after undergoing a cosmetic procedure like dermal fillers. Homemade natural lip balm does not use synthetic ingredients and steer clear of parabens, artificial fragrances, potential skin irritants, phthalates, and many such toxic ingredients.
Natural lip balms are made with organic ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, fruit extracts, natural butters, and other such plant-based sources. They are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that nourish and heal chapped lips while also hydrating them to give you soft, plump lips.
There are a few key features to keep in mind while choosing the right kind of natural and organic lip balm. These are:
- Ingredients – Lip balms that are made with ingredients that are sourced naturally are extremely beneficial to the skin. A few of the most commonly found ingredients include organic beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E, shea butter, avocado oil, natural fruit extracts, and peppermint oil. While these are good moisturizing agents for your lips, some lip balms may contain certain natural ingredients that might irritate your skin like peppermint oil. Remember that it is important to look out for them and patch test such a product before using it. Also, there are flavors added to the lip balm like hibiscus blossom, grapefruit tonic, and mango papaya. You can also use these balms as a treatment at night to ensure soft lips when you wake up.
- Tint – Depending on the color you’re looking for, this is another feature to keep in mind. While most natural lip balms do not have a strong color, some might have a tint of a shade. If you’re looking for a clear lip balm, you would not want to choose a tinted lip balm. In the same way, some lip balms have a glossy finish while others have a matte finish. Before choosing your lip balm, keep an eye out for what you wish to have.
- Irritants – While most ingredients are skin-friendly because they are sourced naturally, some lip balms may have ingredients like nutmeg or walnut extracts that you might be allergic to. It is essential to keep this in mind while you pick personal care items like lip balms. Also, ensure you check the flavor of the balm too. There are exotic flavors like island coconut, eucalyptus mint, and passion pitaya added to the lip balms that may cause allergic reactions if you are not used to them.
- Type – Depending on the type of issue you want to tackle, you can choose the kind of lip balm you need. While the core purpose of moisturizing your lips remains the same, different lip balms cater to different needs. Some organic lip balms repair chapped lips; others protect your lips from harsh weather conditions. Some act as a lip gloss and a lip balm and some others have sun protection (SPF) to shield lips.
Dry lips are a common concern in every season. The thin skin on your lips does not retain moisture well, causing it to get chapped or cracked. This is why you need the best natural lip balms to restore the moisture and hydration to your lips and make them soft, plump, and well-moisturized. If you are looking for something without parabens and phthalates, try the Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm. For a vegan-friendly, fragrance-free formula, you can try the Hanalei Lip Treatment. Further, the Natural Ice Medicated Lip Balm offers natural SPF protection and provides hydration. Georgie Platt, an expert esthetician says, “Organic balms are be gentler on the skin as they usually contain natural ingredients. This is especially important for the delicate skin of the lips, which might be more fragile after a session of dermal filler injections.” The lip balms on our list are made of potent organic ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, coconut, jojoba oil, etc., that nourish your lips and keep them healthy. You will also find some formulas that have additional properties like gluten-free, cruelty-free, paraben-free, etc. Scroll up to find the lip balm that will meet your lip needs the best.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Srijani Roy Chowdhury, lives and breathes makeup. She enjoys experimenting with new and trending makeup products and reviewing them for her readers. She hunted for the best natural lip balms by reviewing several user testimonials across various online forums and websites. These listed products will give you smooth and hydrated lips with no chemicals or artificial preservatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best natural lip balm for dry lips?
Lip balms that are packed with moisturizing ingredients like organic beeswax, coconut oil, avocado oil, vitamin E, and others help heal dry lips.
Is lip balm harmful?
Natural lip balms are made with skin-nourishing ingredients and are safe to use every day. They do not contain harmful and toxic substances that can dry out your skin.
Do natural lip balms help restore natural lip color?
Yes. Natural lip balms soften and hydrate your lip skin and improve its texture. So, lip balms eliminate the dry flakes and restore the natural lip color.
Which lip balm is best to remove pigmentation, contains SPF, and is natural?
The Natural Ice Medicated Lip Balm is the best product to remove hyperpigmentation. It contains SPF 30 that protects the lips from harsh UV rays and imparts a cooling sensation to your lips.
What is the safest lip balm to use?
The eos 100% Natural Shea Lip Balm is the safest product. This dermatologically-tested lip balm is formulated with natural ingredients that moisturize the lips while enhancing their appearance.
Best Cruelty-Free Lip Balms
Best Petroleum-Free Lip Balms For Dry Lips
Best Natural Lip Glosses For Soft And Shiny Lips
Best Tasting Lip Balms That You Can’t Resist!