Chapped and dry lips are a problem that we all face and what’s a better solution than an organic and natural lip balm? Packed with nature’s best moisturizing ingredients, these organic lip balms heal and protect our lips from chapping, dryness, sun damage, wind, and cold. These crucial skincare products help maintain hydration and smoothness of our lips without damaging them. With a rise in social awareness, information, and the use of the internet, people are now more conscious about the products they use and the ingredients they are made of.
So, keeping this in mind, we have curated a list of the 15 of the best natural lip balms to get those soft, supple, and smooth lips that are always protected, even in harsh weather conditions.
15 Amazing Natural And Organic Lip Balms For Cracked And Dry Lips
Sold in a pack of four, the Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm nourishes your lips and leaves them soft, supple, and moisturized. With four naturally nourishing flavors of Coconut & Pear, Beeswax, Vanilla Bean, and Strawberry, the natural lip balm gives you revitalized lips in just one swipe. All the delicious flavors are infused with natural beeswax and powerful fruit extracts which helps to deeply moisturize and beautify your lips. This natural lip care is filled with natural butters and oils that are responsibly sourced to give your lips a soothing feeling and hydration.
- Made sustainably
- 100% natural ingredients
- Free from parabens and phthalates
- Does not contain SLS or petrolatum
- Peppermint oil might irritate chapped lips
Formulated with natural moisturizing ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E, the Sky Organics Organic Beeswax Lip Balms comes in a pack of six rich flavors. They smell delicious and do wonders for your lips, even sensitive ones. The six flavors are inspired by customer favorites and include Cherry Bomb, Tropical Coconut, Luscious Tahitian Vanilla, Eucalyptus Mint, Tangy Citrus, and Strawberry Bliss. Just carry these little balms around in your pocket and apply them on your lips as and when needed to keep your lips hydrated and plump. They smell delicious so try not to eat them!
- Contains 100% organic lip butters
- Includes rosemary and calendula extracts
- 100% USDA certified organic lip moisturizer
- Completely cruelty-free and recyclable
- Suitable for all ages, from toddlers to adults
- Might not be long-lasting
To make your lips luscious and hydrated, the ArtNaturals Lip Balm Set combines the goodness of natural beeswax, jojoba, coconut, and sunflower oils to protect and moisturize your lips. This vegan lip balm includes six flavors— Hibiscus Blossom, Island Coconut, Mango Papaya, Passion Pitaya, Grapefruit Tonic, and Eucalyptus Mint. Kiss your chapped lips goodbye and pucker up with this 100% natural and original lip balm.
- Packed with antioxidants and cleansing vitamins
- Suitable for daily application under or over a lipstick
- Provides ultimate hydration and protection
- Heal and soften chapped lips
- Gluten and paraben-free
- Flavors might not be appealing to all
Natural ingredients that are harmoniously balanced and soothing to your lips, the Naturistick Natural Lip Balm is your angel in disguise for chapped lips. This clear balm is deemed to be safe for adults and children and is gentle on ultra-sensitive lips. It is available in a pack of eight with four flavors— Peppermint Frost, Pomegranate Passion, Vanilla Luxury, and Green Tea Essence. Infused with 100% natural ingredients like beeswax, sunflower oil, castor seed oil, coconut oil, vitamin E, shea butter, lanolin, rosemary leaf oil, aloe vera leaf extract, and cocoa seed butter, this natural lip balm is one of the best natural and organic lip balms to heal dry and sensitive lips.
- Cruelty-free and environmentally-friendly packaging
- Free of gluten, parabens, and GMO
- Does not contain petroleum or chemicals
- Make great gifting options
- Might not be long lasting
With six fabulous flavors to choose from, the Cliganic Organic Lip Balm Set enables your lips to stay healthy and hydrated. Beeswax is known to be a natural skin conditioner and these tinted lip balms are made with a base of beeswax. The flavors include Mint Burst, Citrus, Beeswax, Vanilla, Coconut, and Eucalyptus Mint. With natural antioxidant ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, olive oil, and sunflower oil, these organic lip balms are enriched with goodness that protects and nourish your lips while giving it a subtle tint.
- Conveniently sized for your pocket
- Contains ingredients with vitamins A, D, E
- Infused with essential oils for a pleasant fragrance
- Free of parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals
- Cruelty-free and hypoallergenic products
- Might be sticky for some
Nothing ruins a smile like chapped lips. The Beauty By Earth Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm is packed with great ingredients that are safe for your lips. Comes in a pack of four, this set of natural lip balms give your lips the hydration it needs even when you’re out in the sun, cold or strong winds. This clear balm is formulated with natural ingredients like organic beeswax, peppermint oil, organic sunflower oil, and organic shea butter that help you turn your frowns to smiles.
- Soft and smooth texture
- Mild and unflavored for a refreshing feel
- Free of artificial flavors and petroleum
- Natural flavors of honey, vanilla, exotic fruit extracts
- Cute, classy, affordable, and environmentally friendly
- Sweet taste might not be appealing to all
Ice ice baby— this song may pop into your mind when you’re using the Natural Ice Medicated Lip Balm for your chapped lips! With a natural cooling sensation that protects your lips from harsh weather conditions, this organic lip balm is the go-to lip balm for everyday family use. It is available in two flavors— Original Mint and Cherry. One of the best organic lip balms there is, this little balm glides onto your lips smoothly leaving it feeling cool, hydrated, and moisturized. If you’re a victim of dry chapped lips, using this organic lip balm once or twice will give you a soothing feeling.
- Heals chapped lips
- Protects lips from harsh weather
- Keeps lips soft and smooth
- Contains SPF 30 to protect lips from sun
- Quick healing formula
- Some might not like the cooling sensation
With four of your favorite flavors such as Strawberry Sorbet, Vanilla Bean, Sweet Mint, and Pomegranate Raspberry, the eos 100% Natural Shea Lip Balm is great for lips that need deep hydration. It is formulated with natural ingredients like shea butter, jojoba seed oil, and coconut oil that help lock in the moisture and give your lips the soft, ultra-moisturizing effect it needs. The ingredients are naturally and sustainably sourced which not only makes it safe but also delicious. This simple and effective natural lip moisturizer is yummy, safe, and super moisturizing!
- Derma-tested and hypoallergenic
- Packed with antioxidants
- Contains nourishing vitamin E
- Paraben and phthalate-free
- Gluten and cruelty-free
- Lip balm melts in the pocket
An organic lip balm that gives you the perfect amount of shine, the Kopari Lip Glossy provides your lips ultra-hydration. Made with a blend of vitamin E, coconut, and shea butter, this natural lip balm is a non-sticky formula for kissable lips. The 100% pure and natural coconut oil is sustainably sourced from small family farms and along with the other ingredients; they lock in moisture keeping your lips supple, soft, and plump. It is the best chapstick for dry lips when you make this long-lasting lip gloss a part of your everyday life.
- Long-lasting moisturizing lip gloss
- 2-in-1 feature of a lip gloss and lip balm
- Free of parabens and sulfates
- Does not contain silicones and GMOs
- Contains the hydration from coconut and a subtle tropical hint
- Might be expensive
The Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm has become one of the most loved lip balms of customers because of its ability to lock in moisture and serve the lips well. One of the best organic lip balms, this simple, moisturizing product has a non-sticky formula that leaves your lips with a glossy finish and a delicate pink tint. It moisturizes your lips making them soft, plump, and chap-free. This best natural lip moisturizer also has a delicious scent which leaves you wanting more. It comes in a convenient tube that is suitable to carry on the go. Not only does this organic lip balm treat chapped lips, but it can also be used for rashes, minor burns, itchiness, and even diaper rashes.
- Calms and heals mild irritation
- Soothes the sting of minor burns
- Relieves dryness of elbow and knees
- Long-lasting effects with pea-sized quantity
- Can be mixed with lipstick for extra shine
- Fragrance might be too strong
With a variety pack of four flavors like Naked Unscented, Peppermint, Lemon Lime, and Orange Ginger, the Dr. Bronner’s Organic Lip Balm is infused with organic beeswax and organic avocado oil. This natural lip balm uses the finest essential oils to provide the best quality lip balms. Even though its main function is that of a lip balm, it can also be used as a skin balm to eliminate dryness of hands, feet, and chapped chin and cheeks. All you have to do is apply the balm directly on dry patches of skin and not just on your lips.
- Contains no synthetic ingredients
- Cruelty-free and certified vegan
- Certified as organic by USDA
- Contains avocado oil for ultra moisturization
- Made with organic beeswax
- Product melts easily
- Few flavors might not be appealing
What’s better than a glossy lip balm? A glossy lip balm with a tint! Made with avocado oil, acai, and pomegranate sternols, the Honest Beauty Tinted Lip Balm is packed with antioxidant properties and skin barrier repairing abilities. The fatty acids present in avocado oil nourishes your lips, increases skin barrier function, and gives you soft, moisturized lips. This organic lip balm is a tinted lip balm with a sheer tint that is buildable to a darker shade of your choice.
- Locks in moisture for 6-8 hours
- Formula does not feel sticky, waxy, or dry
- Free from synthetic ingredients
- Cruelty-free, vegan, and dermatologist-tested
- The tint shade might not be appealing to all
Made in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, the Portland Bee Balm Unscented Lip Balm is a handmade, beeswax-based lip balm that protects and hydrates your lips with nature’s goodness. This classic balm uses carefully-sourced organic and local ingredients which include Pacific Northwest beeswax, organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, and organic California extra virgin olive oil to create a lip balm like no other. These natural products are wrapped in real wood instead of processed paper or plastic making them unique, eco-friendly, and recyclable. It is a good lip balm for dry lips.
- Glides on smoothly
- Makes lips soft and supple
- Heals chapped lips
- Long-lasting lip balm
- Matte finish
- Unscented formula
One of the best lip balms that you can treat your lips with is the Henne Organics Luxury Lip Balm. This rich, all-natural formula not only soothes and restores the plumpness of your lips but it also pampers it and replenishes the natural moisture balance. The fancy lip balm is infused with an organic dreamy blend of coconut oil, avocado and jojoba seed oils, beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E, and cocoa seed butter. With this rich, moisturizing formula, your lips will be ultra-hydrated, soft, and plump. This sumptuous high-quality lip care product is also available in a stick form and is a must-have everyday moisturizer!
- Nourishes, moisturizes, and treats dry lips
- Contains antioxidant organic ingredients
- Cocoa butter gives it a pleasant fragrance
- Jojoba oil reduces skin redness and irritation
- 100% natural and organic
- Taste might not be appealing
What’s better than one natural and organic lip balm? Five! With the five piece Moroccan Magic Organic Lip Balm set, you don’t have to worry about running out of your favorite lip balms! This organic lip balm is available in the luxurious flavors of Peppermint Eucalyptus, Rose, Coconut Almond, Lemon Thyme, and Lavender Vanilla, so you will never have to deal with chapped lips ever again. Give your lips the best care out there by grabbing this product right now!
- Long-lasting formula
- Contains organic argan oil
- Non-toxic and cruelty-free
- Free of synthetic ingredients
- Non-greasy and smooth
- No SPF
- Fragrance might not be appealing to all
[ Also Try – Organic Harvest Lip Balm ]
Natural Lip Balm – Buying Guide And Reviews
What Is A Natural Lip Balm?
It might be difficult to determine what comes under “natural” because it is such an umbrella term that is thrown around pretty often. However, the ingredients of the balm will point you in the right direction to determine what a natural lip balm is. homemade natural lip balm does not use synthetic ingredients and steer clear of parabens, artificial fragrances, potential skin irritants, phthalates, and many such toxic ingredients.
Natural lip balms are made with organic ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, fruit extracts, natural butters, and other such plant-based sources. They are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that nourish and heal chapped lips while also hydrating them to give you soft, plump lips.
How To Choose The Best Natural Lip Balm?
There are a few key features to keep in mind while choosing the right kind of natural and organic lip balm. These are:
- Ingredients – Lip balms that are made with ingredients that are sourced naturally are extremely beneficial to the skin. A few of the most commonly found ingredients include organic beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E, shea butter, avocado oil, natural fruit extracts, and peppermint oil. While these are good moisturizing agents for your lips, some lip balms may contain certain natural ingredients that might irritate your skin like peppermint oil. Remember that it is important to look out for them.
- Tint – Depending on the color you’re looking for, this is another feature to keep in mind. While most natural lip balms do not have a strong color, some might have a tint of a shade. If you’re looking for a clear lip balm, you would not want to choose a tinted lip balm. In the same way, some lip balms have a glossy finish while others have a matte finish. Before choosing your lip balm, keep an eye out for what you wish to have.
- Irritants – While most ingredients are skin-friendly because they are sourced naturally, some lip balms may have ingredients like nutmeg or walnut extracts that you might be allergic to. It is essential to keep this in mind while you pick your lip balms.
- Type – Depending on the type of issue you want to tackle, you can choose the kind of lip balm you need. While the core purpose of moisturizing your lips remains the same, different lip balms cater to different needs. Some organic lip balms repair chapped lips; others protect your lips from harsh weather conditions. Some act as a lip gloss and a lip balm and some others protect your lips from the sun with its SPF feature.
Natural lip balms are great everyday skincare essentials to maintain soft, smooth, and chap-free lips. While it might be overwhelming to choose the right one from our list, we hope we helped ease your decision. What ingredients do you look out for in your natural lip balm? Comment below and let us know which one from our list is your best pick.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
What is the best natural lip balm for dry lips?
Lip balms that are packed with moisturizing ingredients like organic beeswax, coconut oil, avocado oil, vitamin E, and others help heal dry lips.
Is lip balm harmful?
Natural lip balms are made with skin-nourishing ingredients and are safe to use every day. They do not contain harmful and toxic substances that can dry out your skin.
- How To Make Your Own Lip Balms At Home – Top 15 DIYs
- Best Lip Balms Available In India – Top 10 For 2020
- Best Herbal Lip Balms – Our Top 10 Picks
- 20 Best Lip Balms For Dry Lips – 2020
- 10 DIY Coconut Oil Lip Balms
Latest posts by Bency Sebastian (see all)
- 10 Amazing Travel Makeup Kits And Palettes - March 19, 2021
- 13 Great Skin Firming Creams For Face And Neck - March 14, 2021
- 14 Best Liquid Blush Reviews And Buying Guide - June 4, 2020
- 14 Best Makeup Sharpeners For Eye Pencils And Eyeliners - June 1, 2020
- 15 Best Natural Lip Balms For Healthy Lips - June 1, 2020