Lip balms are for moisturization, and the flavor it has is for freshening your mind. Gone are those days when lip balms were not flavored, or fruity lip balms were the only options to have. Today, lip balms are available in so many tempting flavors that you would want to steal a lick. In this article, we bring you some of the best-tasting lip balms that you will have to resist yourself from gobbling up! Lip balms are something our dry, chapped lips can’t truly do without. They moisturize and nourish your lips and keep them healthy. They are a staple for every purse.
Today, many brands make tasty lip balms to entice your taste buds and senses. However, we have done our research and curated a list of the 15 best-tasting lip balms for you. Keep reading to know more.
15 Best Tasting Lip Balms Of 2022 That You Can’t Resist!
1. Best Fruity Flavor: Project Mc2 Lip Balm Lab
Do you know what’s exciting about creating your own lip balm? It is a limited edition! So, go on and explore this Lip Balm Lab by Project MC2 and personalize your lip balm as per your needs. A perfect gift for girls who love to doll up, watch them turn into cute chemists, and blend shimmers and flavors to create their own personalized lip balm. The kit comes with 6 stickers, 5 containers, 4 flavors, 1 wax beads bag, 1 measuring cup, 1 spatula, 1 measuring spoon, and 1 shimmer for you and your little one to create endless and lip-smacking balms. A fun-filled combo of beauty and science, give it a try!
- Melt and mix formula
- Ensures a learning experience for kids
- Lightly-scented and fruity flavors
- Glides on smoothly over the lips
- Ideal for making 5 lip balms
- It requires parental guidance
2. Best Nourishing Formula: Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm Tin
OMG, it’s strawberries! Whether you like the fruit or not, strawberry lip balms are downright addictive. And this one is no different. Blessing your chapped and dry lips with the goodness of its ultra-moisturizing ingredients, don’t blame us if you are instantly tempted to lick it off the lips! The formula contains a therapeutic blend of peppermint essential and rose oil along with borax, aromol, and cottonseed oil in a petrolatum base. Also, it’ll give your pout a plump and healthy uplift. A dose of sweetness, anyone?
- Smells like real strawberry
- Soft and adds a stunning sheen
- Protects and nourishes the lips
- Anti-inflammatory, non-irritating and soothing
- Doubles up as a massage salve for tired feet and hands.
- The tin may not open up easily.
3. Best Hypoallergenic Formula: eos Super Soft Shea Lip Balm – Vanilla Mint
Minty-sweet and icy-cool, here’s a nourishing balm that’ll make you go ahhmazing in every glide! Like smearing your lips with vanilla minty ice cream, it smells deliciously good and leaves a cooling effect on the pout. Plus, it’s ultra-refreshing and hydrating as well, making this too-good-to-be-true flavor a must-try. Packed in a cute and compact easy-to-use ball-shaped container, this lip balm formula contains shea butter, jojoba seed oil, and coconut oil that ensure the utmost care for your lips. Don’t miss out on this vanilla flavored lip balm!
- Ultra-moisturizing and creamy
- Derma-tested and hypoallergenic
- Travel-friendly and compact product
- Gluten-free and cruelty-free product
- Paraben-free and phthalate-free
- It may not last long.
4. Best Hydrating Formula: NIVEA Lip Care Fruit Variety Pack
A perfect combo of tint and treatment— Nivea Lip Care Fruit Variety Pack will keep your lips fruity and flawless for months! Including cherry, blueberry, strawberry, and watermelon flavors for you, each best tasting chapstick has a unique tint and treatment for your lips. Infused with the respective fruit extract, jojoba oil, and shea butter, they guarantee all-day moisture, hydration, and ultra-soft lips with every use. And the best takeaway— the tint can easily pass off as gloss on no-makeup days! Yep, go pamper yourself with Nivea’s fruity punch this season.
- 4-in-1 tinted lip colors
- Mineral oil-free product
- Ultra-nourishing and smooth formula
- Tackles dryness and cracked lips
- Easy-to-use and portable tinted cherry flavored lip balm
- The moisturizing effect may not last.
5. Best Long-Lasting Formula: ChapStick Spring/ Summer Seasonal Lip Balm Pack
Feel the taste of spring and summer on your lips with this fruity galore! An ideal pack for you, your squad, and your loved ones, it makes a great gift to give away on birthdays and anniversaries too. So, wait no more! Show off your kissable pout all around the year with green jelly bean, cotton candy, strawberry, spearmint, mango sunrise, cake butter, and more summer-spring flavors. Giving you the freedom to explore a different fragrance every time you step out, there’s a sweet tasting candy flavored lip balm for all your moods and adventures in store. tasting candy flavored lip balm for all your moods and adventures in store . And as far as care and treatment are concerned — consider your chapped lips healed and moisturized with every use!
- Adds softness and healthy appearance
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Irresistibly sweet flavor and smooth texture
- Lightly-scented and hydrating
- Not recommended for sensitive lips
6. Best Lighteweight Texture: Central Perk Lip Balm
A perfect set for you and your friends! Take a trip down the memory lane with this trendy Central Perk Lip Balm set that’ll instantly remind you of the 90s blockbuster sitcom— Friends. And if you are wondering if it is anything like Joey’s “colorful” lipstick commercial, then be rest assured for all it has is vanilla and strawberry flavors! And besides being tint-free, it guarantees intense moisturization too. Also, can flavored lip balms be any cuter than these? Grab these food flavored lip balm ASAP!
- Soft and smooth texture
- Easy-to-use and lightweight
- Mood-boosting and flaunt-worthy
- Travel-friendly and portable
- A perfect gift to giveaway hardcore Friends fans on birthdays, Christmas, etc.
7. Best Cruelty-Free Formula: Treat Banana Cream Lip Balm
Pucker up with this lip balm that’ll remind you of every possible banana dessert you ever had! Temptingly delicious, it claims to be bigger, better, and creamier than most of the lip balms out there. Are you dealing with cracked, chapped, or dehydrated lips? Then you must try Treat Banana Cream Lip Balm, for it promises a healing and an intensely moisturizing experience. An ideal lip smacker for those who like to have something sweet and fruity on their lips always, give this banana-packed chapstick a try.
- Cruelty-free fruit flavored lip balm
- USDA organic-certified and rich formula
- Ultra-soft and smooth texture
- Jumbo-sized and long-lasting chapstick
- Adds a flawless shine to your pout
- Safe and suitable to use for kids
- Free from synthetic and artificial ingredients
8. Best Non-Sticky Option: Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
Not a fan of fruity flavors? Here’s a classic mojito in a lip balm for you! Other than having a quench-worthy taste, this lip balm guarantees effective and lip care benefits too. So, whether you have dry, cracked, or chapped lips, it will heal with its ultra-conditioning, nourishing, and hydrating formula. Soothing and comforting, the infused fatty acids also help replenish lips back to their pink and plump texture. Want more? It is lightly scented, thus making it a great pick for those with a sensitive nose. Give it a glide!
- Leaves a protective layer on lips
- Constantly hydrates and softens
- Absorbs quickly and long-lasting
- Non-sticky and suitable for all skin types
- A rich and moisturizing gel-like formula.
9. Best For Kids And Adults: Sky Organics Organic Beeswax Lip Balms
Organic lip balms are highly effective and highly underrated too. Packed with herbal and fruity flavors and made of ethically-sourced botanical ingredients, Organic Beeswax Lip Balms guarantee the utmost care for your lips. Ensuring they get deep nourishment to heal, the formula mainly contains sunflower seed oil, silky coconut, vitamin E, and beeswax that together blend to form a protective and moisturizing layer on your pout. With 4 different flavors— Eucalyptus Mist, Tangy Citrus, Strawberry, and Tropical coconut flavored lip balm packed in one set, you can say goodbye to dull, dry, and boring lips forever!
- Hydrates and softens lips
- Natural flavors with a nourishing punch
- USDA-certified organic and cruelty-free product
- Free of gluten, phthalates, mineral oils, and parabens
- Recommended for dry, chapped, and cracked lips
- Suitable for kids and adults
- It may not last long.
10. Best Sheer Coverage: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
You may spill on pricey sunscreens to protect your skin, but what about your lips? They need protection to maintain the soft and pink pucker up too! So, if your work requires you to step out in the sun frequently, you might as well grab Sugar Lip Treatment by Fresh as it contains SPF15. Other than protection from the harmful rays, it moisturizes and boosts softness with the help of grapeseed oil and blackcurrant seed oil. An ideal option for those who love the outdoors, picnics, or beach getaways, get ready to flaunt your picture-perfect lips with this sun-blocking balm anywhere, anytime.
- Plumps and hydrates the lips
- Delivers a buildable and sheer coverage
- Sugar helps prevent loss of moisture
- It has a refreshing citrusy scent.
- It does not contain mineral oils, lanolin, or petroleum.
- It is free from GMOs, synthetic dyes, triclosan, sulfates, parabens, and more.
- Not ideal for cracked or chapped lips
11. Best Rejuvenating Formula: Farmstead Apothecary Apricot Lip Balm
Going all-natural and organic is always a great option to keep your lips protected and thoroughly moisturized. The Farmstead Apothecary Apricot Lip Balm is formulated with organic shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and vitamin E that nourishes your lips, preventing chapness, and leaving them smooth and soft. In addition, the scent of organic sweet apricots keeps your lips feeling fresh while tasting truly delicious!
- Organic ingredients
- 100% natural
- Natural flavor
- Real fruit scent
- Perfect for all skin types
12. Best For Healthy Sheen: Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm – Mango
How about some yummy TLC for your gorgeous lips? Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm is pure indulgence for mango lovers, as every glide delivers a tempting and ultra-nourishing experience. More like sipping on a mango smoothie, it conditions the lips intensely, leaving them soft, smooth, and kissable. Packed with delicious mango extract, beeswax, vitamin E, omega oils, and more, don’t blame us if you end up finishing the yummy tasting lip balm quicker than intended to. Also, Burt’s Bees lip balm flavors are widely known for its 100% natural ingredients, making it a favorite amongst users across the country. Mango lovers, where you all at?
- Adds a healthy sheen
- Rejuvenates your lips
- Restores natural softness
- Delivers a luxurious texture
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Free of phthalates, petrolatum, SLS, and parabens
13. Best Mood Booster: The Body Shop Strawberry Born Lippy
Let your smile be all about strawberries! Delivering a slight tint of pink on your pout, pucker up in those selfies with confidence even when you don’t have your gloss or lipstick on. Besides boosting your lip’s appearance, this salve deeply cares for and comforts the skin too. Replenishing, recharging, and rejuvenating with every use, the fragrance is also an instant mood booster for users. And to warn you beforehand, the fragrance is as good as a real thing and might make you crave strawberry flavored lip balm a little more! Do you think you can handle the tempt?
- Suitable for all
- Fresh and fruity scent
- Ensures softs and smooth lips
- Portable and travel-friendly
- It hydrates, moisturizes, and nourishes.
- You may have to reapply often
- Not recommended for very dry or cracked lips.
14. Best Synthetic-Free Formula: Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm Set
Give your lips a break from high-end lipsticks and pamper them with this USDA-certified organic salve. After all, your lips need nutrients to repair and replenish! So naturally, an organic lip balm is the best option, and this one promises a dreamy and creamy experience with every use. Ensuring your lips heal, hydrate, and rejuvenate with all-natural emollients and antioxidant-rich ingredients, these flavors in Badger Cocoa Butter flavored Lip Balms claim to deliver a magical experience. With creamy cocoa, sweet orange, cool mint, and vanilla bean flavors to explore — are you ready to have kissable lips forever?
- Made of essential oils that are steam distilled
- Includes naturally processed botanical ingredients
- Doubles up as a moisturizer for cuticles and dry skin
- Paraben-free, GMOs-free, and synthetics-free
- Free of artificial fragrances or sweeteners
- The moisturizing effect may not last long.
15. Best Mildly-Scented Formula: Maui Mike’s Hawaiian Lip Balm
Unlike other chapsticks, this one guarantees an exotic vacation for your lips! With every lip balm serving a dash of tropical flavors like pina colada, surfer’s mint, passion fruit, and orange, they are a must-try if you are looking for a change from fruity flavors. Formulated with an ultra-nourishing blend of vitamin E, aloe vera, and beeswax, it also ensures protection from harmful rays. A great option for travelers and beach lovers who are always on the go, give your lips a wild and exotic experience like never before!
- Moisturizing lip balm with SPF15
- Glides on smoothly on the lips
- Long-lasting, mildly-scented and nice tasting lip balm
- Handy and travel-friendly
- Suitable and safe for all
- Thin texture may not feel moisturizing enough.
Earlier lip balms used to have a waxy feel and texture with an odd scent, which was, at the very least, annoying. Nowadays, lip balms are available in tempting flavors like fruit, mint, and coconut. These tasting lip balms are delicious and insanely addictive. These lip-smacking tinned lip balms moisturize and hydrate your dry and chapped lips and keep them soft and supple. In addition, these irresistible tinned lip balms are long-lasting, travel-friendly, and skin-friendly. However, stay away from products that might irritate your skin and require frequent re-application.
Why Trust Stylecraze
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup enthusiast who loves to keep up with the latest trends in the beauty industry. Her in-depth knowledge of makeup trends and products helped her provide a well-researched article on the best tasting lip balms for her readers. She also analyzed user feedback and product specifications before curating the list. These products moisturize and nourish your lips and keep them healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Flavored Lip Balm Bad?
They are not bad, but should not be used excessively. Flavored or tinted lip balm contains ingredients that may irritate the skin or dry them further. Especially ingredients like menthol, camphor, etc. that may provide a minty cool effect but can irritate the skin too.
Can You Swallow Lip Balm?
Unintentional swallowing when you apply on the lips or while eating a meal is not harmful, but they should not be ingested in a large quantity as that could lead to an upset stomach in worse cases.
Is Lip Smacker Good For Your Lips?
Absolutely! A lip smacker, other than smelling and tasting delicious, conditions and moisturizes the lips too. Also, if you are dealing with dry, chapped, or cracked lips, a lip smacker can help heal and protect your lips too.
- Best Aloe Vera Lip Balms For Long-Lasting Hydration
- Best Drugstore Tinted Lip Balms
- Best Cruelty-Free Lip Balms