There is something about K-beauty products that have revolutionized the whole beauty industry. If you are looking for the best Korean shampoo, we have the perfect list for you to choose from. If you look at Korean hair, it is shinier than glass and has a glossy finish on each and every strand. The secret is herbs and botanical extracts that keep their scalp clean and promote healthy hair growth. If you have longed for hair like that and don’t know where to begin, we will help you pick the shampoo that works best for your hair needs. Go through these 12 shampoos and select your favorite one right away.
In This Article
12 Best Korean Shampoos
1. Best Herbal Formula: Amore Pacific Damage Care Shampoo
This Korean shampoo is infused with a rich blend of medicinal herbs and plants that target hair issues like dandruff and hair fall and work to eliminate them. This Korean shampoo for thinning hair is nutrient-rich shampoo formulated to improve the scalp’s condition with every use. Enriched with biota seed and red ginseng, this shampoo lowers the heat of the scalp and promotes blood flow, which in turn boosts hair growth.
- Targets hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth
- Has a mild, refreshing scent
- Prevents hair breakage and frizz
- Doesn’t cause greasiness
- Loaded with the benefits of biota seeds and red ginseng
- Poor packaging may make it inconvenient to use
2. Best Fragrance: Dori Gold Premium Shampoo
This premium shampoo blends the power of 10 active plant-based ingredients and Korean ginseng to deep cleanse the scalp and reduce itching. The Korean shampoo for itchy scalp is rich in menthol and, thus, moisturizes the scalp from deep within while the herbal formula soothes the irritation caused by dandruff. As a bonus, the shampoo has a mild, Oriental fragrance that lasts for days and makes your hair feel freshly washed. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and test it out today!
- Features the Ki Gold Energizing medical beauty method to clean the hair
- Controls sebum secretion and enhances the hair texture
- Improves blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens the hair
- Controls bacterial growth in the scalp
- It may dry out, so use it with a conditioner or serum
Review: A tester mentions, “This Korean shampoo is worth every penny. The shampoo offers a shine to coarse, wavy tresses without any excess oiliness. I love its herbal scent. It is a must-try for people like me, who struggle with dull hair.”
3. Best For Hair Loss Prevention: Premium TS Shampoo
If you see a lot of clogged hair strands in your shower drain often, this shampoo can help you with its unique formula. The shampoo is formulated with 22 exclusive botanical extracts and seven hair growth-boosting ingredients that can nourish and cleanse your scalp. For intense hair loss, this is a premium-grade Korean shampoo for hair growth that will help battle hair loss and improve hair growth. Plus, it works on all hair types to prevent hair fall and thinning. Youtuber Vanessa, says, “One pump is good enough for my entire hair. Earlier, I used to have a pile of hair fall in the shower but while using this shampoo, I didn’t experience any of that which I like. It’s a nice cleansing foam formula. It gives you a rich lather and rinses well.”
- Comes in a bottle with an easy dispenser
- Hair feels soft and breezy after each use
- Consists of keratin and methionine for conditioning
- Features 22 botanical extracts for cleansing the scalp
- Reduces shedding of hair
- May take a while to show results
Review: A user says, “Premium TS Shampoo has truly transformed my thin hair. It immediately enhances softness and health. The Treatment and Keratin Essence are remarkable additions. While it’s a bit pricey, a little goes a long way. Its high-quality ingredients made a noticeable difference in my hair’s texture and appearance.”
4. Best Refreshing: Amos Professional 02 Scalp Nourish The Green Tea Shampoo
The Amos Professional 02 Scalp Nourish The Green Tea Shampoo is a gentle and nourishing formula that will leave your hair feeling refreshed and revitalized. This scalp-soothing Korean shampoo is enriched with nourishing ingredients like green tea, lavender, rosemary, mint, and cedarwood, all of which work together to cleanse your hair without drying it out. The green tea helps to nourish and moisturize your hair, while the mint provides a refreshing and invigorating sensation. The lavender and rosemary boost the refreshing sensation and leave your hair smelling natural and fresh. The cedarwood complements the aromatic mint fragrance. Whether you have dry, damaged, or oily hair, this shampoo is the perfect choice for you.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Formulated with an anti-thinning formula that helps to strengthen and nourish the hair
- Suitable for all hair types, including colored and chemically treated hair.
- Soothes and refreshes the scalp, leaving it feeling clean and rejuvenated.
- Contains sulfates, which can strip the hair of its natural oils
Review: A tester notes, “This Amos Professional shampoo is my go-to for controlling scalp issues and itchiness. This works well on my sensitive scalp without drying it out. It leaves the scalp feeling refreshed and my hair revitalized. I highly recommend it for weekly use!”
5. Best Cruelty-Free: Village 11 factory perfect day Anti Fall Shampoo
For damaged tresses, this herbal anti-hair loss shampoo, infused with the goodness of salicylic acid, panthenol, and menthol, will work well. This volume-boosting Korean shampoo contains ingredients that stimulate hair growth and cleanse the pores. Plus, it is free from silicones, sulfates, and other harsh chemicals that may irritate your scalp. Thus, if you are looking for a deep-cleansing shampoo powered by cruelty-free formula, that is not tested on animals, this is the ideal option.
- Infused with natural plant extracts like licorice, pine needles, mulberry root, etc.
- Boosts hair volume and shine
- Penetrates and cleanses the scalp
- Safe for sensitive scalp
- Results take a while to show
- Has a runny consistency
Review: A user says, “The pleasant scent of this shampoo is definitely a plus for me. It addressed my dandruff concerns decently and improved my overall hair health.”
6. Best Strengthening: Apothehair Korean Ginseng Signature Scalp Care Shampoo
The Apothehair Korean Ginseng Signature Scalp Care Shampoo is perfect for those looking to nourish and revitalize their scalp and hair. The combination of Korean ginseng and herbal ingredients work together to cleanse the scalp and hair deeply and strengthen the hair roots and strands for healthier, stronger hair. This deep-cleansing Korean shampoo contains rehmannia gultinosa, peony, camomile, and green tea help to soothe and nourish the scalp, while morus bark, mugwort, and houttuynia cordata work to stimulate hair growth. Pleuropterus Multiflorus and Thuja Orientalis L. help to strengthen and protect the hair against damage. The strengthening Korean shampoo is gentle on the scalp and leaves hair feeling soft, smooth, and healthy. However, if you still wish to explore the shampoo further, check out its positive reviews online to be sure and then make your purchase.
- Contains 9 of the most superior Korean herbal ingredients that strengthen hair roots and strands
- Ginseng from Geumsan helps to promote healthy hair
- Deeply cleanses the scalp
- Suitable for all hair types
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates, and artificial fragrances.
- The scent of the shampoo may only be appealing to some.
Review: A satisfied tester notes, “Using the Apothehair Korean Ginseng Shampoo has helped me address hair fall concerns. It truly made my hair feel smoother and heavier. Its pleasant scent and scalp-calming benefits have made it a sple in my hair care routine.”
7. Best Oil Control: CP-1 Bright Complex Intense Nourishing Shampoo
The CP-1 Bright Complex Intense Nourishing Shampoo is a professional-grade hair care product that helps to control sebum and oil production in the scalp. This shampoo is infused with nourishing ingredients such as protein, keratin, ceramide, amino acid, and natural oil, which help to nourish and hydrate the scalp and hair. This Korean shampoo for oily hair is formulated to strengthen and repair damaged hair, leaving it feeling soft, smooth, and healthy. Whether you have oily or dry hair, this shampoo will help improve your hair’s overall health and appearance.
- Contains keratin and protein, which can help improve the health and appearance of hair
- Can nourish and moisturize the hair, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- May help to repair damaged hair and reduce split ends
- Suitable for all hair types
- Some users have reported experiencing dryness or tangles after using the shampoo.
Review: A reviewer happily notes, “This shampoo is perfect for hair extensions and my sensitive scalp. The delightful scent has kept me loyal to this shampoo for 5 years now! It leaves my tresses incredibly smooth and extremely easy to manage.”
8. Best Anti-Dandruff: LG ReEn Yungo Shampoo Treatment
For those who like to wash their hair daily, this 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is a great catch! The shampoo provides a total cleansing and nourishing treatment. Its herbal complex promotes shiny and smooth hair. This Korean shampoo for dry hair blends six active herbal ingredients and jaseng plant extracts to strengthen the hair from the roots.
- It creates saponin bubbles that can cleanse the scalp thoroughly
- Makes the hair feel bouncy
- Controls oil and sebum buildup
- It offers the benefits of both a shampoo and a conditioner
- Washes away dirt and greasiness
- Has an intense and perfume-like fragrance
- Thin or runny consistency
Review: A tester says, “This shampoo offers great shine and bounce to my tresses! A small amount goes a long way, making it economical too. I even gifted it to my family for Christmas. My hair routine is now simplified. thanks to this incredible formula.”
9. Best Revitalizing Combo: Aekyung Kerasys Damage Care Repairing Shampoo
This damage care shampoo is formulated with herbal ingredients, swiss alpine extracts, edelweiss extracts, panthenol, and hydrolyzed proteins that hydrate, replenish, and repair damaged hair. It further targets split ends, strengthens hair, and adds a healthy shine. This korean shampoo for damaged hair has a revitalizing formula that leaves your hair feeling smooth with a pleasant fragrance. Check out the product online as well and read the unbiased reviews to make an informed decision.
- Repairs damaged hair
- Contains herbal ingredients
- Leaves hair with a fresh fragrance
10. Best For Moisture Retention: Daeng Gi Meo Ri Gold Premium Shampoo
This Korean herbal shampoo is formulated with green tea, rich in antioxidants that eliminate toxins and leave the scalp and hair clean and healthy. It also contains spider lily, red ginseng, and Korean ginseng for hair growth, add nutrition, while ceramide prevents moisture loss and treats damaged hair. The shampoo gives you soft and vibrant hair while the mild herbal scent lifts up your senses. Youtuber Irma, “I’ve been using this shampoo for a little bit over a month and it’s the best shampoo till date. My hair has become really shiny, soft, and silky. It smells super light and earthy and it isn’t heavy on your hair at all.”
- 100% Oriental herbal ingredients
- No artificial coloring
- Mild formula
- Refreshing herbal scent
Review: A user notes, “The Daeng Gi Meo Ri Gold Premium Shampoo offers a rich lather which works greatly on my hair. My scalp issues vanished, and the product’s longevity has amazed me. I use it almost daily to revitalize my tresses.”
11. Best Nourishing: Kundal Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo
Looking for a sulfate-free moisturizing shampoo that can nourish and revitalize your damaged hair? Look no further than the Kundal Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo. This moisturizing Korean shampoo is enriched with a blend of natural oils, including argan oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, and macadamia oil, which are rich in vitamin E and antioxidants. These oils help deeply moisturize and nourish your hair, making it feel soft, smooth, and healthy. The natural Korean shampoo also contains honey, lavender, green tea, macadamia, and rice, which gently cleanse and protect your hair.
- pH-balanced formula for everyday use
- Plant-based formula enriched with antioxidants and nutrients.
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, phthalate-free, colorant-free
- May not lather well
Review: A reviewer mentions, “The Kundal Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo cleanses my hair without drying, leaving my hair silky for days. It is very gentle on my scalp and keeps it free of irritation. This shampoo is now a part of my daily hair care routine.”
12. Best For Thinning Hair: Dr.FORHAIR Folligen Original Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo
Looking for a shampoo that can help with thinning hair? Look no further than the Dr.FORHAIR Folligen Original Anti-Thinning Biotin Shampoo. This clinically-proven Korean shampoo for sensitive scalp contains potent ingredients like panthenol, zinc pyrithione, and salicylic acid to nourish and strengthen your hair from root to tip. The zinc pyrithione and salicylic acid in this shampoo work to reduce dandruff and prevent hair loss, while panthenol promotes healthy hair growth. This Korean shampoo for dandruff is formulated with biotin that helps to fortify and strengthen your hair, making it more resistant to breakage and thinning. Not only does this shampoo help to prevent thinning hair, but it also leaves your hair looking and feeling clean, soft, and healthy.
- Helps exfoliate the scalp and remove dead skin cells
- Has antimicrobial properties and helps control dandruff
- Promotes hair growth and strengthens hair strands
- Free of silicone, paraben, and sulfates
- Some users may experience dryness or irritation due to the presence of salicylic acid.
- May not be suitable for those with sensitive scalps or allergies to any of the ingredients.
Review: A happy tester says, “This shampoo has truly transformed my scalp. After years of itchiness and oiliness, it worked wonders within days. While it can be a bit drying on a very dry scalp, it does not cause any itchiness or irritation. My dandruff is also under control.”
Buying shampoos can be confusing because of the different requirements and types of hair. To select the ideal shampoo for your hair, you must go through some important factors such as hair type, scalp type, and many more. For the best results, it is very important to use the right shampoo according to the needs of your hair. We are here with a brief buying guide that will definitely help you with this matter.
How To Select The Ideal Korean Shampoo For Your Hair
Most Korean shampoos are formulated with botanical extracts and natural ingredients. These ingredients help in repairing your damaged hair and promote healthy hair growth. Herbal shampoos are considered the best options in Korean shampoos. You must go with sulfate-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, SLS-free, and PEG-free K-beauty shampoos.
- Scalp Type
If you have an oily scalp, avoid using shampoos with oily ingredients. For a dry scalp, avoid shampoos that are too drying and do not offer enough moisture, hydration, or smoothing. For extremely dry, itchy, or flaky scalps, use the shampoos designed with formulations that include tea tree oil and menthol that keep your scalp fresh and moisturized.
- Hair Type
Your hair type can also affect your choice of Korean shampoos. For fine hair, select volumizing shampoos that help in boosting your strands without weighing them down. People with thick hair should opt for hydrating and moisturizing shampoos that offer moisture, shine, and smoothness.
People with straight hair should ideally choose smoothing or straight hair shampoos that are rich in moisturizers. People with waves and beachy hair should use balancing shampoos that are not too moisturizing or too drying.
Select the moisturizing shampoos for severely curly tresses. Opt for shampoos that reduce frizz without weighing your curls down.
If you have color-treated hair, or have damaged strands, opt for strengthening or fortifying or special Korean shampoo for color-treated hair that is beneficial to weak and brittle hair. The formulas contain protein intended to improve the condition of the hair. You can also choose clinically-proven shampoos for color-treated hair that contain jojoba oil and vitamin E to help keep the moisture in.
- pH-Balanced Formulas
It is very important to select pH-balancing shampoos for better results. If you have oily hair, use pH-balanced shampoo with panthenol. Try a pH-balancing shampoo with fatty alcohols like cetyl alcohol for dry hair with split ends.
Infographic: Tips To Select The Ideal Korean Shampoo For Your Hair
Korean hair care products are gentle, natural, and almost universally suitable for all hair and scalp types. Whether your hair is wavy, curly, straight, or kinky, Korean brands will have a hair cleanser to suit your needs. There are a variety of Korean shampoos available to address your specific hair problems. Check out the infographic given below for help in choosing the best of the lot.
Korean beauty products have taken the beauty and skincare game to an all-new level. Their hair care products too have shown effective results, such as the Dori Gold Premium Shampoo for treating an itchy scalp, or the Apothehair Korean Ginseng Signature Scalp Care Shampoo to nourish the scalp and protect the hair against environmental damage. However, if you want to combat hair fall, you can try the Amos Professional 02 Scalp Nourish The Green Tea Shampoo. These K-shampoos are enriched with effective active ingredients that gently cleanses the scalp, keep the tresses shinier, and also aid hair growth. They are formulated with advanced technology to address common hair issues like dandruff and dryness of hair and scalp. These shampoos penetrate into the scalp and control bacterial growth by balancing the natural pH of the scalp. However, closely read the ingredients list and choose specialist-approved products that are ideal for your hair type.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Medha Deb, the author, is a hair care enthusiast who is fond of closely reviewing hair care products. Her interest in what goes inside the product has helped her improve her own hair too. She has prepared a list of the best Korean shampoos that help maintain healthy hair. The products listed here target hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Korean shampoos good for hair?
Yes. Korean shampoos come in a unique formula with active ingredients that address different hair issues. They are not only effective in thorough cleansing but are also hydrating, nourishing, and anti-frizz. Some formulas help enhance the elasticity of hair strands while some are specially made to reduce dandruff and itching. Korean shampoos are often devoid of toxins, making your hair healthy and shiny.
Is it safe to use Korean shampoos on hair?
Yes. The Korean shampoos mentioned in this listicle are brimming with nourishing ingredients and devoid of harmful chemicals. They are safe for sensitive scalp and beneficial for hair growth.
How should I apply Korean shampoos?
Apply Korean shampoos like you would use any other shampoo. Follow the steps mentioned below:
• Saturate your hair with water.
• Take some shampoo in your palm and apply it all over your wet hair and scalp.
• Massage for a few minutes until it lathers.
• Wash your hair until the water runs clear.
• Follow up with a conditioner, preferably one from the same line as your shampoo.
Pro Tip: Like Korean women, apply a deep cleansing oil to your hair before using shampoo.
- Best Korean Hair Products
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Korean Hair Care Routine
- Bestselling Korean Hair Dyes For Women
- Best Korean Hair Masks For Luscious Hair