If you are tired of the same old blond or brunette, using the best Korean hair dye is the perfect way to spice things up! Why, you ask? Korean hair dyes are ammonia-free and don’t have any harmful chemicals, which minimize damage and make them one of the best picks on the market. What’s more is that they are easy to use, affordable, long-lasting, and help you get rid of frizzy and dry hair. Scroll down to take a look at our list of some of the most influential Korean hair dyes that have garnered multiple positive reviews on various forums. Try them!
In This Article
5 Bestselling Korean Hair Dyes For Women
The Herb Speedy Color Cream in the shade Natural Black is formulated with a herbal oriental blend. This Korean hair color minimizes hair loss and prevents allergies caused during hair coloring. The instant 10-minute speedy color cream is best suited for people with a sensitive scalp. The non-irritating formula substitutes an allergic reactant called diamine compound, which irritates sensitive scalp. It holds vibrancy for up to 25 shampoo washes, protects shine and color, and prevents damage or discoloration due to UV ray overexposure. If you are an absolute beginner, this video featuring a reviewer’s experience with this product might be useful.
- All-natural ingredients
- Contains sunscreen agents
- PPD-free and Odor-free
- Easy to use
- Slightly expensive
- Stains for a couple of washes.
2. Best Paraben-Free: Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kit
The Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kit is made of ingredients that condition your hair for a healthy and shiny finish. It contains the goodness of nourishing ingredients like keratin, argan oil, and ginseng root extract to add glossiness while providing your hair with ample nourishment to strengthen your strands. This kit contains a cream hair color, color activator, pair of gloves, cap, barrier cream, shampoo, conditioner, and a cleansing wipe to make the hair dye application process easy and hassle-free. It contains natural ingredients that prevent redness, itching, and breakage, and helps reduce split ends and rough texture. You can watch this video featuring the tester’s experience to learn more about the application process of this product.
- 100% gray coverage
The HELLO BUBBLE Foam Color offers you a hassle-free at-home hair dyeing process. This Korean hair color protects your hair with multiple bubbles that dye your hair in just 20 minutes, leaving no foul odor. It is ammonia-free and gives your hair a lustrous texture after dyeing. This hair dye is formulated to safeguard your hair and scalp from the damages caused by hair color. Many reviewers have praised the long-lasting quality of the hair dye. To find out more about this product, check out this video to explore a reviewer’s experience with it.
- Easy to use
- Might fade away after a couple of washes.
The Somang Clinic Hair Color protects and nourishes the hair. This is one of the best Korean hair dyes, containing ingredients that help your hair stay healthy and lustrous after coloring. Keratin gives strength to your hair, ceramides boost moisture into your hair, glycyrrhizin extract (M.A.G) improves scalp health, and camellia oil offers moisturizing effects. The potent blend is free of chemicals that may cause damage to your scalp or hair. The package includes a comb, brush, plastic gloves, and cape.
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Vibrancy for up to 3 weeks
- Unpleasant odor
- May cause slight hair fall.
The Dongsung Seven-Eight Hair Color works effectively to cover up all your grays. This Korean hair dye is formulated with vitamin C to give your hair a boost of nourishment and enhance its texture. It also contains Tahitian black pearl extracts that restore lost shine, bounce, and vitality. This hair color improves the overall health of your damaged hair and protects it from further UV damage. It blocks out the harsh rays and prevents your hair color from fading away. Nevertheless, a patch test is highly recommended before using the product.
- Easy to use
- Vibrancy for up to 3 weeks
Korean hair dyes are just the thing for you. They are gentle on your hair and are affordable. In fact, some of them work as hair treatments as well. So you do not have to worry about damaging your hair. The longevity of these hair dyes is not much as they usually wash off in three weeks, so go ahead and experiment. Read our expert tips on choosing a hair dye, so that you can buy a professional-grade product that you do not regret testing out.
How To Choose the Best Korean Hair Dye For Women?
- Know your Skin Tone: You need to select a shade on the basis of your skin tone. Check if you are warm-toned or cool-toned by looking at the veins on your wrist. If they look green, you have warm-toned skin; and if they look blue, you have cool-toned skin. Blonde and brown dyes pair well with warm skin tones, and
- Know your Hair Type: Know your hair type before choosing a dye. For example, if you have a dry scalp, look for dyes with moisturizing ingredients like cocoa butter and opt for non-comedogenic dyes for oily and acne-prone scalp. On the other hand, look for a dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic formula for the sensitive scalp to prevent irritations.
- Know your Style Statement: Consider the style you want to make when you change your hair color. Choose bright, eye-popping pigments like violet or fuchsia pink for a bold statement to achieve a vibrant look. However, for a more subtle change, go for a natural-looking shade that is slightly different from your hair color.
- Longevity: Korean hair dyes are not very long-lasting, but they should not wash off in just a few washes. Choose the ones that will last at least three weeks or 12 washes. Opt for fade-resistant dyes that retain their vibrancy.
- Ingredients To Avoid: Avoid Korean hair dyes containing harsh chemicals like PPD, DMDM hydantoin, sulfates, parabens, and resorcinol to avoid irritating your scalp. These ingredients dry out your scalp and cause hairfall.
- Transfer-Resistant: Always opt for those dyes that are transfer-resistant. A smear-proof formula will not stain your clothes and is easy to apply.
Infographic: Fun Facts About Korean Hair Dyes
Korean hair dyes are becoming increasingly popular for their range of vibrant colors and long-lasting effects. They are a great way to give yourself a new look without damaging your tresses. Check out the infographic below to learn some awesome facts about these all-natural and fan-favorite hair dyes.
If you love to experiment with different hair colors but are skeptical about hair damage, you need to try the best Korean hair dyes. The best part about Korean hair dyes is that they are free from ammonia, gentle on your tresses, easy to use, affordable, and long-lasting. The reviewed options in the curated list are enriched with all-natural and nourishing ingredients, have a gentle, non-staining formula, and the color lasts for at least 3 weeks. If you want a hair dye that prevents discoloration due to UV rays, then the Herb Speedy Color Cream is the best pick, or try the Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kit to nourish your hair while giving the amazing color. You can also opt for HELLO BUBBLE Foam Color, which can dye your hair in just 20 minutes and give it a smooth finish. When the color starts to fade, you can color-correct your hair by doing touch-ups. You can easily use these hair dyes at home by following the proper guidelines.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Shiboli Chakraborti, is a certified skin care coach who enjoys all things related to hair, keeping a close eye on the newest hair trends. According to her, using the right dye can give you rich, luxurious locks with a salon-style appearance. She compiled this list of the top products after extensive research and analysis of many online reviews. Your next experiment with your hues can be worry-free since these Korean hair dyes are free of ammonia and other harmful chemicals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Korean hair dye good?
Yes, most Korean hair dyes are good as they do not contain harmful chemicals and are ammonia-free. Moreover, the dyes are easy to use, long-lasting, and help reduce frizzy and dry hair.
What is the most popular hair color in Korea?
Brown and its various shades, such as dark brown, tea brown, and black tea brown are some of the most popular hair colors in Korea.
What hair color do Koreans have?
Koreans naturally have either brown or red tones and most of them love turning their hair to shades of brown.
Is Korean bubble dye permanent?
Korean bubble dye is not permanent. It fades away after 10-12 washes. If you wash it every day, it fades in less than two weeks.
Why do Koreans color their hair brown?
Dark brown is the default choice for many Kpop stars because the lighter shades of this color looks amazing on people with cool skin tones, while dark brown shades suit those with a golden tone.
- Korean Hair Products
- Stunning Hair Colors For East Asian Ladies
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Korean Hair Care Routine
- How To Pick The Right Hair Color For Your Skin Tone