Aquaphor is a leading OTC skin care brand that manufactures products to help restore smooth, healthy-looking skin. While the brand has been around for decades, it has recently gained mass popularity for its healing ointment cream, which is a mix of petroleum jelly, glycerin, lanolin, and mineral oil. Since it offers innumerable choices, from moisturizers to lip balms and masks to sunscreens, it is an ideal one-stop choice for skin care enthusiasts.
Here are all the deets about the most popular Aquaphor products perfect for every season. Go ahead and narrow down your skin issues and address them by picking the right option. Start scrolling and get ready to take notes!
In This Article
5 Best Aquaphor Products Perfect For Every Season
1. Best All-In-One Cream:Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy
The Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy is a skin protectant and an effective choice to soothe dry, cracked skin. This multipurpose cream is often praised to the high heavens and is a go-to solution for many skin care needs. It is water-free, thus, protecting and soothing dry skin, dry cuticles, cracked hands and feet, and minor burns or cuts.
It is counted among the best Aquaphor Products, as this ointment creates a protective barrier in the skin and keeps it hydrated. The barrier also allows oxygen to flow but does not let any moisture out to create a perfect skin healing environment. Add it to your skin care routine and get multiple skin care solutions in one place.
- May leave a greasy effect
2. Best For Dry Lips:Aquaphor Lip Repair Stick
The Aquaphor Lip Repair Stick is widely appreciated for relieving dryness and soothing dry, flaky lips. It is infused with the goodness of special nourishing vitamins, moisturizing shea butter, and conditioning jojoba oil. It is a go-to product for insanely chapped lips and is ideal for most skin types. This lip balm nourishes the lips from the deep within and seals in moisture to provide long-lasting, effective relief.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Dermatologically recommended
- Set of 4 products
- May feel greasy
3. Best For Severely Dry Lips:Aquaphor Lip Repair Immediate Relief
There are many reasons to pick Aquaphor Lip Repair Immediate Relief lip balm this season. It is formulated for sensitive lips and very dry, chapped skin. It packs a richness of nourishing vitamins, like Vitamin C, E, and provitamin B5, with moisturizing shea butter and soothing chamomile essence.
Apply Aquaphor lips balm liberally to very dry lips to nourish them deeply. You can use this lip moisturizer as often as needed as it helps keep dryness at bay, especially in cold, windy weather. Learn more about this product here.
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Offers long-lasting relief
- Has a thick texture.
4. Best For Dry Hands:Aquaphor Repairing Hand Masks
The Aquaphor Repairing Hand Masks are one of the best Aquaphor products, offering intensive hydration in just ten minutes. They seal in moisture and restore smooth, soft, and healthy-looking skin on hands and cuticles, making for a perfect addition to your manicure routine.
The Aquaphor ingredients list includes avocado oil, shea butter, and Aquaphor’s signature elements, including glycerin, bisabolol, and provitamin B5 for hydrating and conditioning hand treatment. The best thing about these nourishing hand gloves lies in their mess-free application. Apply them to clean, dry hands for around 10 minutes, and pull them off to get desired results. However, they don’t remove dead skin from your hands and only help revitalize dry hands and make them soft and moisturized.
- Easy to use
- May be tricky to tear off the glove seal
5. Best For Foot Care:Aquaphor Repairing Foot Masks
Let’s wrap up the list of best Aquaphor products with Aquaphor Repairing Foot Masks. It is all you need to give your feet the little extra attention they deserve. This mask can offer intensive hydration at home with minimal effort, unlike rough scrubs. It is designed specifically for dry and rough feet and contains the goodness of provitamin B5, avocado oil, shea butter, bisabolol, and glycerin. This foot mask is easy to use while helping replenish skin on your feet and making them look their best. Apply them to your dry feet for a minimum of ten minutes and peel them off. There’s no need to rinse your feet. This advanced therapy restores smooth skin on your foot and heels, making it a perfect addition to your pedicure routine.
- Mess-free application
- Difficult to open the pack without ripping the mask
While Aquaphor products act as a perfect solution for your skincare needs, not all of them are formulated for your skin type and are worth the splurge. Hence, it’s good to know what Aquaphor is used for and whether or not the brand caters to your skin problems.
What To Look For When Buying An Aquaphor Product — A Buying Guide
Here, we have compiled a few factors that may help you pick the right fit.
- Skin Type: Although Aquaphor has long been promoted as an ideal solution for almost all skin care needs, it’s still advised to evaluate your skin type first and then decide. There are no bad products, but sometimes they are not designed for a specific skin type, thus resulting in side effects. For example, if you have dry lips try the Aquaphor Lip Repair Stick but if you have dry lips throughout the year that tend to crack and bleed, go for the Aquaphor Lip Repair Immediate Relief lip balm.
- Purpose: Along with determining the skin type, it’s always good to find the purpose or skin care need before buying a product. Packaging and popularity are sometimes easy traps and shouldn’t hold too much value in what we select for our skin. If you are looking for a product for handling pores, determine does Aquaphor clog pores. Similarly, if you are searching for an ointment for a tattoo, then check if Aquaphor on a tattoo is ideal.
- Ingredients: Ingredients are the backbone of any skin care product. Therefore, you should go through the ingredient list and see if it contains any element that you might be allergic to. People with acne-prone and sensitive skin need to be the most cautious; even a single ingredient in the product can lead to breakouts and irritation. Look for non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic formulations to maintain healthy skin and avoid any skin irritation. For dry skin types look for moisturizing ingredients such as shea butter, avocado oil, or glycerin.
Sure, there are plenty of skin care brands on the market, but Aquaphor always keeps you coming back for several reasons. This brand isn’t limited to moisturizers or ointments; the list of best Aquaphor products is expanded to lip balms, foot and hand masks, multipurpose creams, etc. The Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy is an excellent choice to keep your skin hydrated. Also, the Aquaphor Lip Repair Stick is a great option for soothing and hydrating dry, chapped lips. It offers almost all skincare solutions under one roof, allowing you to use Aquaphor on burns, as tattoo aftercare, for eczema, and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Aquaphor stick good for the lips?
Yes. Aquaphor stick has a nourishing formula that helps replenish dry, flaky lips.
Is Aquaphor a good brand?
Yes. Its ointment is occlusive and contains a host of other ingredients that make Aquaphor fit for eczema or burn, or tattoo aftercare. It also offers other products for your hands and feet.
Why is Aquaphor so popular?
Aquaphor products are widely appreciated for their texture, be it lip balm or healing ointments. The products are also clinically proven, so you can count on them for all your skin care needs.
Why do dermatologists recommend Aquaphor?
Dermatologists love this brand for its proven results. Its healing ointment contains a variety of ingredients that make it ideal for minor wounds and burns and helps minimize healing time. The lip balms and creams are hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Medha Deb, the writer and editor of this article, is a certified skin care specialist. After thoroughly researching various websites and user reviews, she has listed the best Aquaphor products for skin health. The list includes products from the trusted brand that show effective results in a few weeks. She has specifically listed dermatologist-recommended products that take care of dry to very dry and sensitive skin care needs.