Clarifying shampoos are used to remove excess dirt and product build-up from your hair. However, not all clarifying shampoos suit fine hair. In this article, we’ve come up with a list of the best clarifying shampoo for fine hair. Keep reading to know more!
In This Article
5 Best Clarifying Shampoos Of 2022 For Fine Hair
1. Best Color-Safe: Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo
The Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo gently clarifies the scalp, removes product build-up that clogs hair follicles, and adds shine to your hair. The shampoo contains a unique blend of oat and apple cider vinegar that helps rejuvenate dull hair and volumizes it. It also moisturizes your hair from the root to the tip. It is ideal for all hair types, including damaged, color-treated, and dull-looking hair. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and dyes.
- Suits all hair types
- Pleasing fragrance
- Boosts hair volume
- Does not detangle hair
2. Best Cruelty-Free: Tru Moroccan Clarifying Shampoo
The Tru Moroccan Clarifying Shampoo fights against dandruff and provides deep nourishment to your hair. It is enriched with essential oils and herbs such as tea tree, rosemary, horsetail extract, jojoba oil, and witch hazel. These ingredients help nourish your hair and cleanse all impurities from your scalp and hair.
The shampoo also exfoliates your scalp by removing excess sebum and oil. It promotes new hair growth too. It is highly recommended for oily and dry hair. This shampoo suits all hair types and is color-safe. It also is free of parabens and phthalates. It is cruelty-free as well.
- Suits all hair types
- Treats itchy scalp
- Fresh citric fragrance
- Less quantity for the price
3. Best For Dry Hair: N.4 High Performance Hair Care Lumiere d’hiver
The N.4 High-Performance Hair Care Lumiere d’hiver helps repair damaged hair and adds volume to your hair. It cleanses and styles your hair gently and makes it smooth and voluminous. Its natural ingredients help provide nourishment to your hair from the root to the tip. It also treats split ends and hydrates your dry hair. This is a unisex shampoo recommended for fine and normal hair types.
- Treats split ends
- Hydrates hair
- Boots hair volume
4. Best Soothing Formula: Aveeno Fresh Greens Blend Shampoo
The Aveeno Fresh Greens Blend Shampoo is a scalp-soothing formula. It is infused with oats that stimulate hair follicles and promotes hair growth. The shampoo also contains moisturizing ingredients like rosemary, cucumber, and peppermint that fill your tresses with a cooling freshness and boost their volume. The shampoo has a gel-like consistency that gently clarifies your scalp while hydrating your hair. It also thickens each strand and enhances the overall appearance of your hair.
- No greasy residue
- Pleasant fragrance
- Lathers well
5. Best For Chemically Treated Hair: Smart Solutions Clarifying Demineralizing Shampoo
The Smart Solutions Clarifying Demineralizing Shampoo helps remove the build-up of extra oils and chemical residues from your hair. It is formulated with an extract from botanicals like aloe leaf, Chamomilla Recutita, Rosmarinus Officinalis Melissa Officinalis, and Achillea Millefoilum. These ingredients make a smart solution for your hair and protect and repair your damaged hair. This shampoo is highly recommended for swimmers and those with fine hair. It is free of parabens, sulfates, and sodium chloride.
- Ideal for swimmers
- Suits chemically-treated hair
- Sodium chloride-free
- May not suit everyday use
Fine hair has lesser volume, and tends to become oily faster. This is why it is ideal to use clarifying shampoos which are volumizing and give your hair a natural bounce. Clarifying shampoos effectively remove chemical residue, oil buildup, and grime from your scalp and your hair. Inorder to reap the maximum benefits, here are a few things to keep in mind while choosing the best clarifying shampoo for fine hair.
How To Choose The Best Clarifying Shampoo For Fine Hair
1. Avoid Harsh Ingredients
- Mineral Oil & Petroleum: Petroleum and mineral oil are lubricants, which can weigh down your hair and make it look even thinner.
- Sodium Chloride: Sodium Chloride is mostly used as a thickener in shampoos. This can cause eye irritation, dryness in your scalp/hair and itchiness. If the shampoo has higher concentration of NaCl it can also lead to hair loss.
- Alcohol: If the shampoo has a high percentage of alcohol, it can strip the natural oils from the scalp, leaving it dehydrated.
- Sulfates: SLS and ALS are the two common forms of sulfates found in shampoos. They are also strong detergent as they have high foaming properties which create an abundance of lather. But they can also make your hair rough, frizzy, dull, and prone to tangling.
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is used in shampoos to increase the shelf life as it is an antibiotic. It can cause rashes and allergies in sensitive scalp.
- Artificial Color & Fragrances: in case you have sensitive skin or scalp, stay clear of artificial color and fragrance in your clarifying shampoo. If needed, go for natural fragrance alternatives like essential oils to avoid scalp irritation.
- Propylene Glycol: Propylene glycol helps seal in moisture, but can irritate your scalp and weigh down your hair.
2. Extra Protection
Regular clarifying shampoo can strip the color off, leaving it dull and uneven. If you have chemically-treated and coloured hair, make sure to choose a shampoo formula that is color safe.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a clarifying shampoo, is the price. There are many drugstores as well as high-end shampoo formulas in the market. Most high-end formulas are free from harsh chemicals and are very expensive, while some drugstore formulas are affordable yet contain cheap ingredients. There are a few drugstore clarifying shampoo formulas, which are affordable but get the job done. Go through the reviews, and pick the right one based on the price as well as the effectiveness.
Fine hair needs special attention and care as the strands are thin and fragile. Therefore, this hair type needs products particularly crafted for them. Accumulated dirt and excessive oil residue can also turn the hair bad. So, you need to invest in clarifying shampoos that can remove the residue, accumulated dirt, and other impurities without making your hair lifeless. Thus, it is best to consider products that are paraben-free, sulfate-free, cruelty-free, and offer hydration to your hair. However, say no to shampoos that are formulated with harmful chemicals.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Shiboli Chakraborti, is a certified skin care coach who is also enthusiastic about hair care. She provides well-researched articles for her readers. She browsed online forums to analyze user feedback and product specifications to provide you with the best clarifying shampoos for fine hair. The shampoos listed above help rejuvenate dull hair and add volume, moisture, and shine to your strands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a clarifying shampoo good for fine hair?
Yes, a clarifying shampoo helps remove excess oil build-up and chemical residue from your hair and scalp. It also provides nourishment to your hair, adds shine, and makes hair more voluminous.
How often should I use a clarifying shampoo?
You should apply a clarifying shampoo twice a week.
What happens if you use an excess of clarifying shampoo?
Using an excess of clarifying shampoo can leave your hair dull, dry, and frizzy. These effects could be much worse on colored or chemically-treated hair.
How often should you use clarifying shampoo on natural hair?
You may use a clarifying shampoo on natural hair once a week.
How often should I wash my fine hair?
Fine hair should be shampooed and conditioned every alternative day.
What does a clarifying shampoo do for fine hair?
Clarifying shampoos remove excess buildup and residue on your hair while making your tresses feel stronger. If you have fine hair, they can save your tresses from unnecessarily weighing down due to dirt, oil, and gunk.
Can clarifying shampoo cause hair loss?
No, clarifying shampoos do not cause hair loss. But heavy usage can make your hair appear dull and lifeless. It is recommended to not use clarifying shampoos more than twice a week.
- Best Clarifying Shampoos To Cleanse Buildup
- Best Clarifying Shampoos
- Best Color-Safe Clarifying Shampoos
- Best Affordable Clarifying Shampoos