Cold laser therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT), uses a low-intensity laser to heal injuries and relieve pain. You can avail of this treatment at your physician or just buy the best cold laser therapy machine available in the market and use it from the comfort of your home. However, make sure you read the instructions or get someone from the manufacturer to come and show you how to use the machines without harming you. In this technique, the laser light penetrates around 5 cms deep into your skin to heal your cells and increase your metabolism, speeding up recovery. To know more about the pros and cons of cold laser therapy machines and to know where you buy them, you can scroll down
- 1 Best For Quick Pain Relief Tendlite Joint Pain Home Therapy Tendlite $129.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $129.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Ergonomic Design FIGERM Red Light Therapy Device $99.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $99.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Portable Multiple Radiance Medical TQ Solo Portable Laser Therapy Multiple Radiance Medical TQ Solo Portable Laser Therapy Multiple Radiance PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 4 Best For Sports Injury Yofalo Handheld Laser Device $329 ON AMAZON Read More › $329 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Battery Backup LaserTRX Laser Therapy LaserTRX Laser Therapy Lasertrx PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Easy-To-Use Product ATANG Cold Laser Therapy Device Atang $115 ON AMAZON Read More › $115 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Display Sinoriko Red light device for muscle relief $169.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $169.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best User-Friendly KTS Cold Laser Therapy Kts $118.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $118.99 ON AMAZON
Here is how it works.
How does cold laser therapy work?
During the cold laser therapy procedure, low-level light is applied directly to the targeted area. This light is absorbed by the skin tissues, leading to a reaction that rejuvenates the damaged cells. The non-thermal photons of the light penetrate the dermis and epidermis to help increase the intracellular metabolism. This acts as a catalyst for faster healing.
Cold laser therapy uses specific light wavelengths to help boost the healing process. For general healing, a wavelength of 600 to 700 nm is used. For deeper tissues, a wavelength of 780 to 950 nm is used.
Here are the 10 best cold laser therapy devices available on the market right now.
8 Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices For Pain Relief
1. Best For Quick Pain Relief: Tendlite Joint Pain Home Therapy
Tendlite Joint Pain Home Therapy device uses direct light therapy to relieve pain, promote quick healing, and increase mobility for a better quality of life. It is effective for temporary relief from minor muscle ache and joint pain, arthritis, and muscle spasms, and promoting relaxation of muscle tissues, increasing blood circulation, and relieving stiffness. This device restores blood circulation to the deep tissue to reduce inflammation. It uses a powerful yet safe medical-grade LED.
- Alleviates pain immediately
- Accelerates the healing process
- Easy to use
2. Best Ergonomic Design: FIGERM Red Light Therapy Device
Alleviate your pain with the FIGERM Red Light Therapy Device. The lightweight and anti-slip design of the device make it easy to hold and use. This cold compression therapy works using modern infrared light treatment that improves blood flow, reduces inflammation, and heals injured cells. Once charged, you can use the device for up to 5 hours. This device has one laser beam of 808nm and 12 laser beams of 605nm. In addition, you can also use this device for your pets.
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to use
- Stylish design
- No digital display
3. Best Portable: Multiple Radiance Medical TQ Solo Portable Laser Therapy
This is an FDA-approved, non-invasive pain-relieving device. It relieves both chronic and acute pain. This device is suitable for speeding up metabolic activity and healing, reducing swelling, and enhancing the vitality of your muscles and joints. It can be used for muscle strain, arthritis, bursitis, sprains, fibromyalgia, neck pain, and back pain. It can be used at three frequency levels with three different depths and power.
- Alleviates sprains and strains
- 18-hour battery
- Lightweight and portable
Best For Quick Pain Relief
Best Ergonomic Design
|Name||Tendlite Joint Pain Home Therapy||FIGERM Red Light Therapy Device||Multiple Radiance Medical TQ Solo Portable Laser Therapy|
|Dimensions||4 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches||-||-|
|Batteries||-||2 Lithium Ion batteries required||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best For Sports Injury: Yofalo Handheld Laser Device
Relieve aches with the Yofalo Handheld Laser Device. It has three laser beams of 808nm and 12 laser beams of 650nm that help treat chronic pain. The device is equipped with a digital display and a few operational buttons. This device is ideal for sprain, sports injury, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammation. The device is equipped with a 5000mAh rechargeable lithium battery.
- Easy to store
- Convenient operation
5. Best Battery Backup: LaserTRX Laser Therapy
The LaserTRX Laser Therapy device combines super-pulsed infrared laser wavelengths, visible LED light technology, infrared LED energy, and static magnetic energy and induction to promote muscle relaxation and pain relief. It is designed to relieve pain from arthritis, sports injury, and inflammation in the knees, hands, ankles, and feet.
- No side effects
- Compact and lightweight
- Promotes muscle recovery
- Long-lasting battery backup
- Safe and reliable to use
- No immediate results
6. Best Easy-To-Use Product: ATANG Cold Laser Therapy Device
ATANG Laser Therapy Device is designed specially to provide relief from aches and pains. The device is ideal for providing relief from pain in the knee, feet, ankle, shoulder, back, elbow, hand, joint & muscle, arthritis, tennis elbow, tailbone inflammation, soft tissue injuries, sports injuries & sprain, etc. This device is equipped with two laser points – 650 nm and 808 nm. The laser emitted is continuous and invisible to the eyes. Do not watch the laser beam directly with your naked eyes.
- Rechargeable battery
- Tempered glass lens
- Helps in post-surgical recovery
- Digital display
7. Best Display: Sinoriko Red light device for muscle relief
The Sinoriko Red light device for muscle relief is equipped with 4 power and 4 timer functions. You can adjust the power from low to high and set the timer (5/10/15/20 minutes) as per your requirement. It comes with a single ON/OFF button that helps to start or stop the operation of the device. This device is lightweight, portable, and rechargeable. You can use this device for alleviating arthritis and obtaining relief from joint pain, sprain, and sports injuries.
- Easy to carry
- Easy to operate
- Improves sports performance
- LCD screen
- Invisible centre light
- The light may be a bit too bright.
8. Best User-Friendly: KTS Cold Laser Therapy
Relieve joint pain with the KTS Cold Laser Therapy. This device relieves you from pain caused by a sprain, sports injuries, knee arthritis, cervical spondylosis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It works on integrated red light therapy that combines infrared light with acupuncture treatment for effective pain relief. The device comes with a digital display that indicates battery capacity and time display. In addition, it has two laser beams of 808nm and 12 laser beams of 650nm.
- Compact design
- Easy to operate
- The light may be a bit bright.
Cold laser therapy for inflammation is a non-invasive, drug-free way to treat pain, and it is typically used as a supplement with other pain management methods, such as physical therapy and medication. When choosing a cold laser therapy device, it is important to consider the following factors.
Things To Look For In A Pain Relieving Cold Laser Therapy Device
- Purpose: First, consider what type of pain you’re trying to treat. Cold laser therapy can be effective for treating a variety of different types of pain, including back pain, neck pain, joint pain, and more. If you have a specific type of pain that you’re looking to treat, make sure to look for a device that is specifically designed for that purpose.
- Wavelength: The wavelength of the laser or LED light must be appropriate for the condition being treated. Different wavelengths are better suited for different conditions. For example, shorter wavelengths are better at penetrating deep tissue, while longer wavelengths are better at treating surface injuries. A good cold laser therapy device will have multiple settings so you can adjust the intensity of the light depending on your needs.
- Frequency: The frequency of the laser or LED light can also affect its effectiveness. Higher frequencies are often more effective than lower frequencies.
- Power Output: The power output of the device should be high enough to provide the desired effect, but not so high that it causes discomfort. Devices with adjustable power settings are often ideal so that you can find the perfect balance for your needs.
- Portability: If you plan on using your cold laser therapy device at home, portability may not be a major concern. However, if you want to be able to take your device with you when you travel or to appointments, look for a compact device.
- User-Friendly: Look for a device that is easy to use and comes with clear instructions. Some devices come with pre-programmed settings for specific conditions, which can be helpful if you are not sure how to adjust the settings yourself.
Infographic: How To Use Cold Laser Therapy Devices
Cold laser therapy is a cutting-edge medical technology to treat chronic pain and inflammation. Cold laser therapy devices are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative treatment option for people looking for pain relief or healing injuries without drugs or surgery. Check out the infographic below to find out how to use these devices the right way.
The Bottom Line
Cold laser therapy devices can offer great support and remove unwanted aches in the body. These devices can be used from the comfort of your home. They also help improve your metabolism while speeding up your recovery. They heal the deeper layers of your cells and eliminate pain without harming any part of your body. While purchasing the best cold laser therapy device for yourself, it is better to opt for the one that is comparatively easier to use and accelerates the healing process. For immediate joint pain relief, the Tendlite Joint Pain Home Therapy is an optimal choice. You may consider the ATANG Cold Laser Therapy Device helps in post-surgery recovery The best of these devices come with digital displays and anti-slip designs.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Aditi Naskar, the author, has a diploma in health and wellness. She has a deep interest in finding the best health devices for her users. She has gone through numerous customer feedbacks online and collated this list of cold therapy devices one must have. These devices give out a low-intensity laser that penetrates your skin and heals injuries and relieves pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cold therapy machine used for?
Cold therapy machines release non-thermal light that penetrates the dermis and reduces pain by stimulating intercellular metabolism. They slow down the communication between your body and brain, making you feel less pain.
How long do you use an ice therapy machine?
Use an ice therapy machine for 30 minutes.
How often should I use the cold therapy machine?
Use a cold therapy machine once or twice weekly.
Is the cold therapy machine safe?
Yes. Cold therapy machines combine the benefits of ice and compression. As a result, they reduce muscle pain and improve stiff joints without affecting the ligaments. Therefore, they are safe to use.
Can you sleep with a cold therapy machine?
Yes. You may use a cold therapy machine overnight. But read and follow the instructions of a particular product to avoid any skin issues.
Is an ice machine good for knee replacement?
Yes. Ice machines relieve pain and calm your knee area after knee replacement surgery.
Does cold therapy reduce inflammation?
Yes. Cold therapy reduces blood circulation in an area, which helps calm inflammation.
- Best Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis To Help Manage The Pain
- Top TENS Unit For Effective Pain Management
- Best Infrared Heat Lamps To Soothe Sore Muscles
- Best Heating Pads For Neck, Back, And Shoulder Pain