We often fall prey to chemical preservatives and other harmful ingredients that are added in hair coloring products. These chemical components not only damage your hair, but also cause many health complications like irritation on scalp, skin rashes and swelling. To avoid the adverse effects of chemical dyes, you can explore natural hair dying options like henna. Henna has been used for centuries by people for its natural cooling and coloring properties. They are non-toxic, and are a perfect alternative to chemical hair colors. To help you to pick the right product of your choice, we have compiled a list of 10 best henna hair dyes available on the market right now. Read further to know more.
How Does Henna Hair Dye Work?
You may have heard a lot about using henna powder to dye your hair, but before you start colouring, make sure you know exactly what henna is. Henna is a natural hair dye, made from the lawsonia inermis shrub, that’s been used for centuries for body art, staining material…and hair dye! However, there are a few variations of henna when it comes to colouring your hair, so it’s essential that you know the types.
- Pure henna powder
- Black and brown henna hair dye
- Blonde henna
- Henna for grey hair
10 Best Henna Hair Dyes To Buy In 2020
1. Orange Red Henna Hair Dye
This is the purest form of henna available out there, no additives whatsoever. It provides you 100% pure quality henna that can be used to dye hair. All Ingredients are 100% natural and plant-based. It can also be mixed in different proportions to form lighter and dark color shades.
- 100% Natural
- Cruelty free
- 100% Vegan
- PPD free
- Preservative free
2. The Henna Guys Pure Henna Powder
This henna powder naturally contains a red pigment that is used to dye hair and skin. It provides rich warm hue that can cover gray strands well. Besides, it leaves your hair soft, silky and nourished. It lasts longers than other henna dyes.
- Revitalizes dry and dull hair
- A vegan product
- Rejuvenates your hair
- Free of harmful chemicals
3. Silk & Stone 100% Pure & Natural Henna Powder
Silk & Stone Henna is a 100% pure henna powder. It leaves a rich reddish tone and can be used with indigo for brown and black hair color. This high-quality henna powder refreshes your hair and improves the texture of each strand with every use.
- Conditions & nourishes the hair
- Strengthens the hair
- Makes hair shiny and healthy
- Reduces split ends
4. Hannah Natural 100% Pure Henna Powder
Hannah Natural’s pure henna is chemical-free powder. It is highly pigmented and keeps your hair healthy in the long run. It contains a pair of gloves, shower cap and full detailed instructions. Use this henna and revive your hair strands with a new look.
- Conditions hair
- Imparts shine
- Fades gracefully
- Improves hair texture
5. Godrej Nupur Henna
Godrej Nupur Henna is a natural mehandi packed with the goodness of amla, brahmi & bhringraj. It conditions each strand from the root to the tip, and adds intenserich color to your hair. Besides, it helps promote hair growth and controls hair fall. It claims to make your hair stronger and healthier with use.
- Fades gracefully
- Highly pigmented
- Mess-free application
- Adds gloss to your hair
6. Henna Maiden Radiant Natural Red Hair Color
Henna Maiden Hair Dye claims its brand as “Nature’s Way to Cover Grey”. The unique blend of henna and herbs creates an enriching hair coloring experience. Henna Maiden come with with mixable shades that help you to create various styles. If you want rich, luscious, and shiny hair use this special blend of natural henna made with essential herbs and botanicals.
- Improves hair texture
- Provides a natural glow to your hair
- fades gracefully
7. H And C 100% Natural Henna Powder
H And C 100% Natural Henna Powder is processed to apply smoothly on hair without clogging. It is free of chemicals like parabens and other synthetic components. It is easy to apply. Mix the powder with water to create a thick paste. Leave it for approximately 3 to 4 hours. Apply the paste on hair and leave it on for 3 hours. Rinse off thoroughly with water.
- Contains certified organic ingredients
- Free of ammonia and harsh chemicals
- Safe and easy to use
8. Surya Brasil Henna Cream Black
Surya Brasil Henna Hair Cream is contains extracts of plants and fruits from Brazil and India. It conditions your hair as it applies. This semi-permanent hair color doesn’t contain harmful chemicals like ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, parabens, etc. It makes your hair healthy and smooth with use. It is suitable for all hair types and can be applied on chemically-treated hair as well.
- Conditions dry and damaged hair
- Improves the health of your hair and scalp
Not long lasting
9. Light Mountain Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Bright Red
Light Mountain Natural Hair Color Kit is the perfect alternative to chemical hair colors. It is a natural, fine, botanical henna powder that glides on the strands like a cream. There is no stripping, or roughness. It is a lightweight henna for all hair types.
- Contains herbal extracts
- Nourishes your hair thoroughly
- Covers all grays
- No hair damage
10. Lustrous Henna Dark Brown
Color By Nature Lustrous Henna Dark Brown is nontoxic, safe, and 100% natural vegetable hair dye. It suits every hair type. It provides excellent gray coverage. The product claims to revive every strand from the root to the tip and rejuvenate the follicles for healthy looking locks. It is free of ammonia, peroxide and other harmful chemicals.
- 100% pure herbal and botanical extracts
- Nourishes and volumizes hair
- Adds shine
No full coverage for gray hair
These hennas are suitable for all hair types and can impart rich colors to your hair. To make it easier for you, we have given the application process of henna below. Take a look.
Henna Hair Dye Preparation And Application :
To get all the benefits from the dye, there are certain steps that you need to follow to accentuate the effects. Follow the steps that are mentioned below. The steps will teach you how to apply henna for grey hair the right way.
Step 1: Prepare A Henna Mask
Step 2: Apply The Mask
Step 3: Let it sit
Step 4: Wash it off
Read them in detail, here!
Henna Hair Dye Side Effects
- In some rare cases, henna might cause itching and the eruption of boils on the head. If this happens, consult a doctor immediately as it is a medical emergency.
- For some, henna may also damage your hair shaft and make it dry.
- It might cause redness of scalp and swelling across the body.
- Other ommon symptoms that you may experience include wheezing, itching, burning and swelling of the skin.
However, henna is still a safe bet for people with hypersensitive skin. So, if you are looking for the best henna in town, there you have it. Click on your favourite product, try it out and let us know how it worked for you.
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Mouthwashes For Healthy Teeth And Gums And Fighting Bad Breath - February 11, 2020
- Top 10 Pureology Shampoos – Reviews - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best Castor Oils That Promote Hair Growth - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best (Soft And Hard) Bonnet Hair Dryers Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - February 10, 2020
- 15 Best Drugstore Hair Dyes For At-Home Coloring - February 4, 2020