Covering uneven, rough, and bumpy skin can be an ordeal unless you have the best foundations for textured skin. Such skin issues can make it hard for you to step out and attend a party or a meeting at the office. Also, if you put too much makeup to conceal the texture, it may end up looking heavy and cakey. But the specially designed foundations for uneven skin can help you deal with this problem easily without damaging your skin. They blur the blemishes and hide the wrinkles and pores to give you a radiant and flawless finish. Swipe up for more information.
In This Article
What Is Textured Skin
Skin with a dry, dull, damaged, and uneven surface is what textured skin looks like. When the skin surface becomes damaged and rough due to dehydration, sun damage, pores, environmental damage, and other issues, it results in textured skin.
What Does Textured Skin Look Like
Textured skin looks uneven-toned, damaged, rough, dull, and bumpy to the touch. Textured skin may be sensitive as well, so special care must be taken to ensure that the products used do not further irritate your skin.
Let us take a look at the 11 best foundations for textured skin.
11 Best Foundation For Textured Skin
1. Best Oil-Free Formula: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation Makeup
This hydrating and oil-free liquid foundation by Maybelline offers a dewy and mild glow while covering your pores and blemishes. Available in shades that suit every skin tone, this foundation makes the skin look plump and flawless. It also reduces the appearance of pores while imparting a natural matt finish. The foundation offers a non-cakey finish to your makeup. It provides medium coverage and enhances the skin texture by imparting a natural, dewy appearance with SPF 18 for sun protection.
- Available in 40 shades to suit every skin tone
- Offers a lightweight matt finish
- Easily blends with the skin
- Offers a smooth coverage on mature skin
- May feel patchy on dry skin
2. Best Long-Lasting Formula: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup-2N1 Desert Beige
A double wear and light foundation is a great way to fight the pores and skin imperfections without making the skin feel greasy. This glowy and long-lasting foundation minimizes pores and has a 15-hour staying power. The best thing about the foundation is that it lasts through humidity, heat, and rigorous activities without changing color or smudging, and thus, it’s perfect for all-day wear. Need more information? Watch this video.
- Semi-matt double-wear foundation
- Does not leave any greasy residue
- Fragrance-free and suitable for various skin types
- Lightweight and long-lasting
- Great for everyday wear
- It takes time to blend on the skin
3. Best For A No-Makeup Look: L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation
The name of the product says it all. This is a full-coverage foundation that feels creamy and smooth on the skin and helps you achieve a no-makeup look. The foundation offers up to 24 hours full coverage and feels feather-light on the skin. Also, if you are troubled with redness or blemishes, this long-lasting foundation conceals all flaws, evening out the pores at once. Click here to check out this YouTuber’s unbiased review of this foundation.
- Offers 24-hour coverage
- Feels light and natural on the skin
- Effectively covers acne scars and spots
- Highly pigmented for maximum coverage
- Easy to blend
- Available only in limited shades
- Slightly watery formula
4. Best Lightweight Formula: Dermablend Professional Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation
Just a small amount of this foundation will cover your blemishes and pores instantly while offering long-lasting coverage. So, if you are heading to a party straight from work, this foundation is a great pick! The foundation uses liquid pigments that easily blend in the skin and offer a smooth and even-toned look. For a youthful complexion, use this foundation as it is sure to leave you with crease-less makeup.
- Makes pores and blemishes less visible
- Lightweight foundation
- Does not feel cakey or patchy after hours of application
- Oil and fragrance-free
- Tested by dermatologists for sensitive skin
- Comes in a poor packaging
- Has a very thick consistency
5. Best Organic Formula: EVXO Peek A Boo Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation
The secret to this long-lasting foundation is its buildable coverage and aloe-based formula that creates a layer of makeup, which looks like second skin! It offers light, buildable coverage that conceals spots, wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes and without being too cakey or clogging your pores. It easily blends into your skin, giving you the flawless look you desire.
- Organic ingredients offer a dewy and smooth feel
- Does not clog pores
- Conceals the pores, blemishes, and acne scars
- Free from plastic, silicone, parabens, toxins, and sulfates
- Aloe-based vegan formula with vitamin E for added nourishment
- Packaging is messy
- Consistency might feel thick and heavy
6. Best For An Even-Toned Glow: Laura Geller Color Correcting Foundation
A color-correcting foundation is what textured skin needs right away. This baked foundation hides the pores and brightens your skin for an even-toned glow. Its weightless formula adjusts to the skin texture and color while leaving your skin looking radiant and flawless. Plus, it is not composed of additional fillers and works gently on your face and neck for hours and hours!
- Enriched with antioxidants and white tea extracts
- Brightens the skin with luminous coverage
- Available in multiple shades for different complexions
- May change color after a while
- Not suitable for dried-out skin
7. Best Creamy Formula: Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup
Have you always wondered how your most beloved celebrities pull off their red carpet looks? For this, we recommend Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup Foundation that blends easily and creates a light, natural look. This foundation features a time-release technology formula that becomes one with your skin and offers an Insta-worthy look for up to 24 hours! The whipped cream foundation has a mousse-like lightweight texture that does not get cakey as the day passes by.
- Features a creamy formula
- Rich pigment that lasts all day long
- Suits oily skin as well
- Conceals pores
- Offers a dewy glow
- Available in limited shades
8. Best Allergy-Tested Formula: Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
For those struggling with blemishes and red patches on your skin, this anti-blemish liquid makeup is the perfect solution. This foundation provides full coverage with a radiant glow, is free from toxins, and suits all skin types. It is allergy-tested, 100% fragrance-free, and safe to use on sensitive skin as well.
- Works well on blemishes and pores on mature skin
- Does not feel greasy on skin
- Can be used on acne-prone skin
- Offers medium to full coverage
- It may change color after a while on certain skin-tones
9. Best Hydrating Formula: Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup
All the ladies are excited about this product and for a good reason! This oil-free and skin brightening liquid foundation allows for smooth application and lets your skin breathe. It is curated to offer light to medium coverage that enhances your natural complexion. For healthy-looking skin with a luminous glow, this is the foundation you should go for. It builds quickly on the skin surface while hydrating it from within. Watch this video for a thorough understanding of the foundation.
- Does not feel cakey or blotchy on skin
- Helps conceal pores, wrinkles, and blemishes
- Offers a dewy finish
- Works gently on sensitive and combination skin
- Has a watery consistency
10. Best Sun Protection: Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation
Don’t we all want an even-toned and radiant complexion? This clay-based foundation offers complete coverage for up to 12 hours and applies on the skin like butter! Curated using Amazonian clay and enriched with SPF 15 to protect your skin from sun damage, this formula conceals blemishes, fights skin imperfections, and offers an even-toned complexion.
- Enriched with vitamin E
- Protects from harmful sun rays and free radical damage
- Titanium and micronized zinc protects the skin from environmental damage
- Offers light to medium coverage
- Has a thick consistency
- Maybe difficult to blend on dry skin
11. Best Chemical-Free Formula: BECCA Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
Here’s a foundation that is formulated with high water and zero paraben content. This foundation with pure pigments offers full coverage and helps conceal dark spots and uneven texture within minutes of application. This alcohol and fragrance-free foundation will leave your skin feeling velvety smooth and even-toned, even at the end of the day. It is the perfect choice for everyday use and special events.
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- Free from alcohol, phthalates, and parabens
- Water-based foundation
- Lightweight on the skin
- Does not feel greasy on oily skin
- Quantity may be less
- Slightly drying
It is crucial to understand how to choose the foundation that best suits your skin. We will do this in the next section.
How To Find Perfect Foundation For Textured Skin
To find the perfect foundation for textured skin, it is important to keep certain things in mind. Here are some of the most important ones:
- The shade of the foundation
Foundations are available in different shades for different skin tones. Most brands offer 3 foundations for every skin type that come in natural, light, and dark shades. If you have a wheatish or darker complexion, choose the warmer/deeper shades, while for those with lighter skin tone natural is recommended, and for those with pale skin tone, light is suitable. If you choose the incorrect shade that does not compliment your undertones, it will make your face look unnatural and layered.
- Type of foundation based on your skin type
Based on your skin type, you need to choose a foundation that enhances your skin texture rather than worsening its condition. There are different types of foundations with different ingredients and consistency that work for different skin types.
- For dry skin
Choose a foundation that consists of hydrating ingredients and has a creamy, rich texture. A foundation with natural ingredients that offer medium coverage and has a medium to thin consistency is suitable for dry skin.
- For oily skin
It is favorable to choose an oil-controlling foundation that prevents your skin from becoming greasy or sticky. Powder-based baked foundations work well for oily skin. Matt foundations are suitable for oily skin as it reduces oiliness and offers a natural look.
- For sensitive or combination skin
Pick the foundation that has non-irritating and natural ingredients that can hydrate your skin and conceal without clogging the pores.
Let us understand how to apply foundation on textured skin.
How To Apply Foundation On Textured Skin
If you are skeptical about applying a foundation to your textured skin, this hydrating and nourishing routine will prevent your skin from damage:
- Cleanse your skin
The first step to applying a foundation is to cleanse the skin. Use water and a gentle cleanser to cleanse your skin and remove all the dirt, impurities, and greasiness from your skin surface. This will prevent the clogging of pores and reduce oiliness.
- Moisturize your skin
If you apply a foundation without moisturizing the skin, it may clog the pores, or your skin may feel cakey and blotchy after you apply the foundation. Thus, if you want your skin to feel smooth, hydrated, and radiant after applying a foundation, moisturize it using a non-oily and soothing moisturizer.
- Prime your skin
It is always recommended to prime your skin before applying a foundation. A primer smoothens the skin’s surface, evens the skin tone, and minimizes the appearance of pores, wrinkles, and lines. It will also prevent the makeup from smudging and will help the foundation sit on your skin for hours. Thus, use a quality primer before applying the foundation on your skin.
- Apply your foundation
To apply the foundation properly, choose the right brush or a damp applicator. Pour a few drops of foundation on the cheeks, chin, and forehead and start dabbing the sponge on your face. Blend the foundation towards the hairline, jaw, and other areas evenly. Keep blending and tapping until you blend the foundation perfectly with your skin and create an even-toned look.
Finding makeup products for textured skin can be an ordeal. You need makeup that does not make your skin look rough, bumpy, damaged, and dull. In addition, such skin needs special attention to even out the texture and make it look radiant. That is when the best foundations for textured skin come in. These specially crafted formulas listed above cover pores, blemishes, make the skin plump and cake-free. However, it would be of great help to consider foundations that do not leave a greasy look. And stay away from the foundations that dry out your skin.
Why Trust Stylecraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup enthusiast whose passion lies in reviewing and experimenting with new products. For this article, she has chosen the top foundations for textured skin that are affordable and skin-friendly. In addition, they blur the blemishes and hide the wrinkles and pores to give you a radiant and flawless finish. Her recommendations are based on well-researched reviews and reputable user feedback gleaned from various sources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will makeup damage my textured skin further?
Textured skin is prone to damage, and thus, it is important to use the right foundations to cover the textured skin. It is recommended to use foundation that is free from parabens, silicones, phthalates, alcohol, and toxins and pick those loaded with organic ingredients and SPF to protect your skin from further damage.
Does makeup damage textured skin?
No, makeup does not damage textured skin. Instead, many makeup products conceal the textured areas of the skin and make your face appear smoother. Using makeup products the right way can help hide sun damage, bumpy skin, and hyperpigmentation.
Are drugstore foundations good for textured skin?
Yes, drugstore foundations are good for textured skin. Choose foundations that contain retinol and salicylic acid. These ingredients help reduce the appearance of textured skin.
How do you get rid of textured skin?
You can get rid of textured skin by exfoliating it two or three times a week. Use skin care products enriched with vitamin C and apply sun protection every day. Also, do not forget to stay hydrated.
Can I improve my uneven skin tone with a textured skin foundation?
Yes, you can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone with a textured skin foundation. Choose a foundation with a buildable formula and apply it with a beauty blender to achieve a flawless, smooth appearance.
Is dewy foundation good for textured skin?
Yes. If your textured skin is flaky, dewy foundations can help smoothen the surface out. However, you can also use matte coverage foundations that blend well and offer a natural finish.
Is powder or liquid foundation better for textured skin?
A liquid foundation is better for textured skin as its hydrating formula can keep flakiness away. Liquid foundations provide a smoother finish, whereas powder foundations often highlight your skin’s texture.
- 15 Best Drugstore Foundations For Every Skin Type
- Top 11 Best MAC Foundations For Different Skin Types
- Top 10 Of The Best Foundations For Combination Skin
- Top 10 Best Kryolan Foundations For Different Skin Types