5 Best Blushes For Sensitive Skin In 2023
Color your cheeks with these gentle and skin-friendly blushes made for sensitive skin.
Makeup for sensitive skin is often quite risky. You never know which product causes your skin to break out. The best blushes for sensitive skin available on the market keep this factor under control. Their formulae are extremely skin-friendly, and the ingredients more natural and safe for the skin. A good quality blush for sensitive skin undergoes multiple rounds of testing to make sure that it is safe for use.
Blushes play a big part in bringing your makeup looks together. Most often, it is one of the last products that goes on your face and binds the whole look. While using sensitive skin-friendly formulas is a must, make sure you use lightweight products that do not weigh down on your skin. Check out our collection of the best blushes for sensitive skin that will prevent any irritation or reaction after application. Keep scrolling to find out more!
In This Article
5 Best Blushes For Sensitive Skin
1. Best Hypoallergenic:Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush
Are you looking for a blush with a pop of color and a natural finish? Pick the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush with its vivid mix of pigments. It has multi-reflective pearls that lend a vibrant glow to your cheeks and softly highlight them. This skin-friendly formula is enriched with the proprietary Happy Boost Blend with Happy Skin and the natural plant extract of Euphoryl to protect the skin against damage from environmental stressors while mimicking the feeling of endorphins owing to the sweet violet scent. Check this video to learn more about the product.
- Richly pigmented
- Easy to blend
2. Best Pigmented:Burts’ Bees Blush
The 100% natural and lightweight formula of Burts’ Bees Blush adds a subtle glow to your cheeks. It is enriched with bamboo, honey, and vitamin E that nourishes your skin while enhancing the overall radiance. This easy-to-blend formula comes in five luminous shades that create an even tone and natural look across different skin tones, making it ideal for daily wear.
- Super blendable
- Richly pigmented
- Synthetic fragrance-free
3. Best In Budget:Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush
The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush has an advanced gel technology that provides a seamless finish while brightening up your cheeks. It is enriched with vitamin C and botanical conditioners that enable an even application and improve the skin’s natural glow. It comes in vibrant shades — pink, red, bronzer, and illuminator that you can mix and match to find the perfect blush shade for your skin tone. Take a look at this video to get more information on the product.
- Richly pigmented
- Seamless finish
- Dermatologist tested
4. Best Long-Wearing:Mineral Fusion Blush
Get a pop of color along with instant radiance with the Mineral Fusion Blush. This formula is enriched with a blend of skin-strengthening ingredients like pomegranate, white tea, and red tea that provide a potent antioxidant defense. It also contains sea kelp for locking in hydration along with vitamins C and E to enhance your overall skin health. This blush comes in six different shades that work across all skin tones to provide a youthful glow to your skin. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- Seamless finish
- Richly pigmented
5. Best Non-Comedogenic:Fifth & Skin Better’n Ur Cheeks Mineral Blush
The Fifth & Skin Better’n Ur Cheeks Mineral Blush has an organic formula that uses natural colors with a micro-slip powder for a seamless finish and a radiant glow. The natural colors go on smoothly and work to sculpt your cheekbones for a sharp look. It consists of a 75% organic blend of botanicals and minerals that is rich in antioxidants and moisturizers and prevents signs of aging. This blush comes in four different shades, including a light peachy pink for light to fair skin tones, a perfect pink ideal for light to medium skin tones, and a cool peach pink with a brown tint that is great for fair, light, and medium skin tones. Its warm peach bronze shade works best for medium and dark skin tones while also doubling as a bronzer and contour for very fair skin.
- Richly pigmented
These blushes not only deliver amazing results on the skin but are also gentle on sensitive skin. They do not agitate or irritate the skin. In the section below, read about how to use a blush on sensitive skin to get the best results.
How To Use A Blush For Sensitive Skin
Step 1: The foremost step is to properly prep your skin by using a moisturizer and a makeup primer.
Step 2: Ensure you have a makeup base in place with the right shades of foundation and concealer.
Step 3: Get on to applying the blush in the right manner. Since blush is made to accentuate your face, it is best to apply it according to your face shape.
- Round Face: Look at the mirror with a smile and swipe the blush on the apple of your cheeks using a medium-sized brush.
- Oval Face: Start by applying the blush to the highest point of your cheekbone with soft strokes and bring it down towards your earlobe and blend it towards the temple.
- Square Face: With this face shape, you need to sculpt the cheekbones. So, using long and light motions, swipe the blush across your cheekbones upwards for a soft and blended look.
- Heart-shaped Face: for a heart-shaped face apply the blush in a “C” manner starting from the top of your temple right down towards the cheekbone while pushing it upwards.
If you are new to doing makeup and if you are wondering whether blush is worth the investment, read the rection below to understand how blushes bring your makeup to life.
Benefits Of Using A Blush
- Enhances Your Complexion
A pop of peach or pink color on the apple of your cheeks can really perk up your complexion and make you appear livelier and wide awake.
- Versatile Makeup Product
Blush can act as an all-rounder beauty hack and can be used in different ways. You can use a cream or tint blush as a lipstick or lip color and a powder blush as an eyeshadow. A brown-toned blush can be blended to act as contour for your face, and one with shimmer can double as a highlight too.
- Makes Your Skin Glow
The right blush can help warm up cool toned and fair skin while also brightening up tired or exhausted skin. So, if you are a fan of the dewy finish, add a sheen blush to create the illusion of a natural glow.
To get the best of these benefits, you have to make sure that you get the right formula for your skin type. So, let’s read about the factors that you must consider while buying a blush.
How To Choose The Best Blush For Sensitive Skin
- Ingredients: When it comes to sensitive skin, being wary of what you put on your face is a must. This applies to your makeup products like blush too. Typically blush has skin-friendly carriers along with colorants and preservatives. You need to check the label to make sure it is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic while being free of artificial colorants and irritants.
- Textures/Types: Blushes come in different textures like creams, powders, liquids, tints, stains, and gels. If you have dry skin, cream and liquid blush would work well for you. If you have oily skin, go for a powder blush that does not bring out the uneven texture or bumps on your skin and absorbs excess oil too. If you have a normal skin type, then typically, all blushes will work well on you.
- Shade: If you have pale or fair skin, opt for lighter pinks and lilac pigments and if you have a light to medium skin tone, peach or coral shades will work the best. For olive skin tones, go for vibrant pinks with warm undertones, and for deeper skin tones, you can choose apricot.
Sensitive skin needs products that are good quality and skin-friendly. As for blushes, it is important to choose the ones that would not irritate the skin or cause rashes after application. Blushes can also skilfully protect your skin against unwanted environmental stressors. While choosing blushes for yourself, it is important to make sure that they are highly pigmented and easier to blend. You should cater to blushes that have been dermatologist-tested. However, you may want to avoid blushes that are greasy, and become too cakey after application.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Baishali Bhattacharya, the author of this article, is our in-house certified expert in makeup artistry. Her knowledge and expertise in this domain allow her to bring you products that soothe and suit your skin. She understands the importance of finding the perfect blush for sensitive skin. She thoroughly went through reviews by customers on trusted beauty forums and curated this list of the finest blushes for sensitive skin. These blushes are hypoallergenic, comedogenic, chemical-free, and approved by dermatologists.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cream blushes good for acne-prone skin?
Blushes are designed to work with the texture of your skin. So, a cream blush may be slightly problematic for oily and acne-prone skin. Not only will the color wear off easily and aggravate your acne, it may also interfere with any spot concealers you have underneath.
Which blush is the best for sensitive skin?
The Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush is the best product for sensitive skin. It contains skin-friendly ingredients that protect the skin from harsh environmental aggressors.
What to avoid when buying blush for sensitive skin?
Avoid harsh ingredients like alcohol, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances if you have sensitive skin. Also, avoid creamy blushes that contain essential oils.
How to find the right blush for your skin tone?
• Identify your skin tone and undertone.
• Fair skin tone: If you have cool undertones, opt for soft pink shades. Choose pink peachy coral shades for warm and golden undertones.
• Medium skin tone: If you have cool undertones, choose rich pink and mauve shades. On the other hand, apply deep peach shades if you have warm undertones.
• Dark skin tone: If you have cool undertones, use fuchsia or light berry shades. Wear warm brown or tangerine blushes if you have warm undertones.
What blush does not cause acne?
The Fifth & Skin Better’n Ur Cheeks Mineral Blush is a non-comedogenic formula that do not trigger acne.
Which is better: cream or powder blush?
Cream blushes with hydrating formulas are ideal for dry skin, whereas powder blushes are good for oily skin. Cream blushes blend well into the skin and make it glowy. In contrast, powder blushes deliver a dramatic look. So, choose a product according to your skin type and choice of look.
What type of blush is the best for older skin?
Opt for a blush that is neither too creamy nor too powdery. The hydrating formula is perfect for mature skin to avoid wearing off quickly and settling fine lines.
- Best Cream Blushes
- Best Mineral Blushes To Try Out
- Best Korean Blushes With Buying Guide
- Best Organic Blushes For That Beautifully Flushed Look