Korean makeup routines may seem over-the-top and extremely detailed. It requires a lot of patience, a steady hand, and a significant amount of different types of makeup products. Yet, makeup enthusiasts all over the world are quickly joining the bandwagon and incorporating not just Korean makeup routines into their daily schedule but Korean products as well. The first step to dabbling in Korean makeup is to understand that it is incomplete without a popular Korean blush.
In this post, you’ll find the 9 best Korean blushes of 2020 that will give your face a healthy and natural flush. We’ve also gathered helpful tips on how you can give your face a Korean makeup makeover, how you can buy a blush that’s best for you, and how to apply blushes the right way according to your face shape.
Table Of Contents
9 Best Korean Blushes That Will Give Your Cheeks A Natural Glow
Ideal for home and professional use, this Korean blush is one of the best-selling powder blushes. The vivid color of this blush reflects light at certain angles to give your face a warm pop of color. It is also suitable for oily skin types as it contains sebum-controlling qualities and offers long-lasting wear. For a sheer finish, apply a thin film of the blush on the apples of your cheeks. However, if you like a bright pink cheek, layer up the blush for a more intense coverage.
- Sebum control powder
- Buildable powder formula
- Comes with a puffy cushion for application
- Some may feel that they need to use a lot of product for the color to pop.
Achieve brighter and youthful-looking skin instantly with this Korean makeup blush that is loved by many worldwide. It is infused with a nourishing blend of oils such as rosehip, passionflower, and vitamin berry, which adds a healthy dose of color to your cheeks. This peach-colored lightweight blush absorbs sebum to prevent the product from piling and clumping on the pores and reveals a smooth finish. It also contains a polymer complex, that reflects light in all directions to conceal skin imperfections like large pores, dark spots, and uneven patches of skin. You can apply this Korean powder blush by hand or with the Lovely Puff Cushion that comes with the blush.
- Sebum control powder
- Hides pores and other skin irregularities
- Scatters light in all directions
- It has a protective and moisturizing effect.
- The applicator cushion may not be up to the mark.
- Some may find the shade brighter than expected.
|1|| ||The Face Shop Pastel Cushion Blusher 03 MERRY PINK 6g||$19.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||The Face Shop Pastel Cushion Blusher 01 PEACH 6g||$19.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||The Face Shop Pastel Cushion Blusher 06 ROSE PETAL 6g||$19.00||Buy on Amazon|
If you are someone who enjoys a no-makeup look, this oh-so-adorable cream blusher will please you immensely. This strawberry-colored blush settles on your cheeks all day without feeling sticky, greasy, or heavy. Its soft and creamy formula blends effortlessly and melts on your skin to reveal a dewy and flushed glow. For best results, warm your fingertips before applying it onto your cheeks in an upwards motion towards your temples. This is the best blush for oily skin.
- Velvety cream texture
- Available in different shades for different skin tones
- Easy application
- Can be used on other parts of the face
- This particular shade may not be suitable for all skin tones and may appear ashy on dark skin tones.
Perhaps the best type of blush for oily skin, this water-cheek blusher moisturizes the skin with its water-fit texture. It is made with a non-sticky oil base that adds vivid color to your cheeks, just as a watercolor would. Due to its lightweight formula, this cheek tint offers a moist yet non-sticky feeling. With just a single drop of this blusher, you will notice a significant radiance on your face. However, if you like to cheeks to appear bright and rosy, apply a few more drops for extra coverage.
- Watery, fluid formula
- Light texture
- Clear color that doesn’t clump on the skin
- Moisturizing qualities
- Slightly expensive
- As the applicator stick is modeled after that of nail polish, it isn’t the most conducive for a blush.
With so many makeup products to choose from and a million makeup tutorials that teach contrasting things, finding the right balance and a customized makeup look can be tricky. This is why most of us settle for a lazy girl makeup routine. It involves only a handful of products less than 10 minutes to complete. This Korean coral blush will be the perfect addition to the lazy girl’s makeup pouch. This is the best long lasting blush is infused with the goodness of grapefruit, lime, lemon, and orange extracts, which helps in improving blood microcirculation.
- Contains amino-acids
- Creamy texture
- Shimmer finish
- Air puff applicator inside
- Some may feel that the blush doesn’t blend well and sits on top of the skin.
|1|| ||Holika Holika Lazy&Easy All In One Master Serum||$25.50||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Holika Holika Lazy and Easy Gudetama All Kill Cleanser Oil to Foam, 5.07 Ounce||$19.75||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Holika Holika Smooth Egg Skin Peeling Gel, 4.7 Ounce||$8.40||Buy on Amazon|
For a makeup lover, a peach blush is irresistible, and blush like this isn’t just irresistible; it’s a must-have product for everyday use. This matte blush adds a delicate touch of color to your cheeks and is highly pigmented. With a single stroke of this blush, you can create a 3D contour effect. It melts into your skin to enhance your natural skin tone and offers superior blendability. This best peach blusher is popular for its sebum controlling qualities that absorb sweat and sebum to reveal a hydrated and non-greasy finish.
- Deeply pigmented
- Creamy texture
- Blends well
- Sebum controlling powder
- Long-lasting natural looking blush
- It is expensive.
This blusher offers such a natural finish; it will look as though you have no product on. The creamy and velvety texture of the brush glides like butter and reveals a vivid yet natural-looking color. It is powder-coated with pomegranate seed oil, which helps in keeping the color transparent. As it is highly pigmented, this blush is ideal for both day and night and all seasons throughout the year.
- Creamy texture
- Blending blush
- Contains pomegranate seed oil
- Slightly high-cost.
One can always count on the Koreans to create the cutest makeup products that are also innovative. This heart-shaped stamp blush is easy to apply and blends well. All you need to do is stamp it on the apples of your cheeks and blend it out using your fingertips. It is infused with moisturizing agents like aloe vera, snow lotus, and yarrow extracts along with baobab seed oil and hyaluronic acid for a hydrating and nourishing effect. The blush melts upon contact with skin and quickly dries to reveal a natural, matte finish.
- Heart-shaped cushion blush
- Long-wearing formula
- Infused with moisturizing ingredients
- Buildable formula
- Flatters all skin tones
- Slightly expensive
Speaking of cute and innovative makeup products, perhaps this one tops the list of all things adorable. This color stick blusher is smooth like velvet, and the elegant coral shade adds a graceful tint to your cheeks. It is a dewy and moisturizing formula that lasts throughout the day without feeling greasy or heavy. It contains mango seeds and avocado butter to nourish and take care of your skin while making it glow. Owing to its compact packaging with a teddy bear, it can fit comfortably in mini-makeup pouches. It is the best blush for asian skin.
- Available in other shades
- Moisturizing formula
- Velvety texture
- Easy to apply
- It may not flatter all skin tones.
Are you excited to get your hands on a Korean blush yet? If you still need a little convincing, these pointers might change your mind.
A Buying Guide For The Best Korean Blush
How To Choose The Best Korean Blush
There are primarily 3 types of blushes you can choose from – gel-based or liquid, cream, and powder blushes. Before you choose one, find out which works best with your skin type.
The type of formula you choose should largely depend on the type of skin you have. If you have normal skin, you can close your eyes and pick whichever blush you want.F However, if you have greasy or shiny skin, choose a powder blush. For people with dry skin, creamy blushes will work wonders.
Almost all blushes offer some level of pigmentation, if not too much. If you want a lightweight blush, look for one with light pigmentation. However, if you like a buildable formula, pick one that boasts of high-pigmentation.
Different shades of pink, such as peach and coral, are best suited for light-skinned individuals. For people with a medium skin tone, colors like mauve and deeper shades of peach add a beautiful and natural glow to the face. If you have pale skin, an orangey-peach shade will be the best bet. Shades like plum, deep fuchsia, and warm browns are great for people with darker skin tones.
What Is The Difference Between Cushion, Cream, And Powder Blush?
These types of blushes are easy to apply and blends into the skin. Most creamy blushes are infused with moisturizing ingredients and protect the skin from harmful environmental pollution. It is the best type of blush for dry skin. Cream blushes are also known for being highly-pigmented and long-lasting.
Powder blushes are ideal for people with oily skin as they absorb excess oils and reveal a matte finish. It is also the most common type of blush available in the market but may not last as long as a cream blush.
The new kid on the block, cushion blushes are liquid-based and come with a cushion applicator or sponge for easy application. Owing to their lightweight and non-creamy composition, it is a good fit for all skin types.
How To Apply A Korean Blush According To Different Face Shapes
Heart-Shaped Face: Start by applying the blush under the apples of your cheeks and sweep it upwards.
Long Face: Apply directly to the apples of the cheeks and blend out towards the ears.
Oval Face: Apply the blush to the apples of your cheeks and blend it upwards.
Square Face: Apply only on the apples of the cheeks and blend it on the spot until it looks faded and natural.
Round Face: Apply on the length of the cheekbones and blend it upwards.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Applying A Blush
- Do not apply a powder blush over a liquid foundation without setting your makeup with a setting powder.
- Understand your skin tone first and which colors would suit it. Don’t blindly purchase a blush just because it looks cute or fabulous on someone else.
- Figure out what type of skin you have and choose a formula that’s right for your skin.
- If you don’t know how to apply blush according to your face shape, refer to the chart above. Avoid applying blush in a way that may not be correct for your face shape.
- Use the right tool to apply the blush. Liquid blushes and cream blushes are best applied with fingers, while powder blushes should be applied with a brush or puffy cushion.
- Try not to apply blush under unfavorable light conditions. It may look ashy, dry, excessive, or like you haven’t applied any at all.
- When applying a blush in liquid form, don’t forget to warm your fingers before blending it out.
Let’s admit it. We are collectively part jealous and part in awe of how flawless Koreans look. Their skin looks clear and unblemished as though everyday problems like pimples, clogged pores, and acne never come near them. We’re also in awe of their amazing makeup products, including their blushes. That is why we collected the 9 best Korean blushes of 2020 so that you can get your hands on them. Did you like any of the blushes from the list? Let us know in the comments.
- 15 Best Blushes To Buy Online In 2020
- 11 Best Peach Blushes Of 2020
- 15 Best Cream Blushes
- 10 Best Matte Blushes Reviews Of 2020
- 15 Best Blushes for Fair Skin – Summer 2020 Guide
Latest posts by Sneha Manandhar (see all)
- Check Out The 13 Best Diaper Rash Creams In 2021 Here! - March 23, 2021
- 13 Best Cuticle Creams For Beautiful, Strong, And Healthy Nails - March 22, 2021
- 10 Best Face Moisturizers With Zinc Oxide For Sun-Protected Skin - March 22, 2021
- 15 Best Fragrance-Free Moisturizers In 2021 For Healthy, Hydrated Skin - March 19, 2021
- Get Glowing Skin With 2021’s 15 Best Natural Face Exfoliators - March 19, 2021