The fashion world is forever surprising us with the boldest trends. Gold makeup, for instance. The best gold eyeliners are the fashion favorites right now. Golden wings and strokes are loved by models, influencers, and women in general. Well, the trend is not for the shy!
Eyeliners are extremely handy when it comes to creating beautiful eye makeup looks. But golden eyeliners are even spunkier and add a bit of fire to your ensemble. Golden streaks make you stand out from the crowd and let you do the talking. We have enlisted the 14 best golden eyeliners of this season that you should check out if you are looking to jazz up your next party look. Continue reading.
In This Article
Top 14 Best Gold Eyeliners Of 2022
1. Best For Lasting Wear: NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Jumbo Eye Pencil – Cashmere
This 2-in-1 Jumbo Eye Pencil is perfect for your dauntless eye makeup look. You can use this Cashmere shade with a dark mascara for best results. Since it can be used as an eyeshadow and eyeliner, you can carry just this one pencil in your purse for quick touch-ups anywhere. This shiny gold eyeliner is made of mineral oil and powder, providing a smooth, creamy application experience. There are multiple shades available that look great on all skin types. If you are still unsure about purchasing, you can check out a review of this product on YouTube.
- No pulling, tugging, or fading
- Shades available from metallic to matte finishes
- Might smear in hot climatic conditions
2. Best Waterproof: Wunder2 Super-Stay Liner – Metallic Gold
Sweating can get really ugly at parties. You can easily go from Cinderella to Cruella in a matter of minutes. The best way to avoid that is by using waterproof makeup. The Wunder2 Super-Stay Liner is not only long-lasting, but also does not smear. It smoothly glides along the shape of your eye, giving you the perfect wing you are aiming for.
- 24-hour wear
- Highly pigmented
- Metallic, glitter finish
- Certified cruelty-free
- Might have to sharpen carefully to avoid flakes
3. Best Shimmery Finish: Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner – Starlight Gold
Don’t be shy to go bold! This Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner is perfect for making people go awe with its shimmering golden shade. Have a powerful effect on people around you all day with this fierce, lustrous eye color. The shade will stay on you without smudging at a little sight of sweat. It is the best gold eyeliner for someone who likes to dress up and isn’t afraid to go all the way to make a lasting impression. You can mix it up with the multiple shade options available for all types of events.
- Soft and shimmery
- Smooth formula
- Self-sharpening pencil tip
- May not work well for waterline makeup
4. Best For Multipurpose: Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash – Desert Dazzle
If you are looking for an eyeliner to add a gorgeous color to the crease of your eyes or a wing to your lash line, Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash is the one for you! Draw a deep shimmery sheen from one corner of the eye and glide it along to create a deep tone of satin at the other, using the same eyeliner! This 2-in-1 liquid gold eyeliner has two dazzling shades with different finishes for all types of eye styles. Just color on and wow all day. You can check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more convincing.
- Rich finish
- 2-in-1 liquid gold eyeliner
- Available in 10 combinations
- Includes two applicators — thick and thin for different shades in the same bottle
- Some people might find it sticky and heavy.
5. Best Highly Pigmented: Beauty For Real I-Line Gel Eyeliner – Champagne Buzz
Now go into a pool with beautiful golden eyes without worrying about the color washing away. Look great at pool parties by enhancing your eye makeup look with this champagne gold gel eyeliner. It is perfect for models who have long shoots or travelers who spend their time under the sun most of the day. And the best part is that this twist-up pencil contains vitamin E that will nourish your eyelids while also giving you a great look.
- Highly pigmented
- Contains enough formula for up to 20 twists
- May not dry quickly
6. Best Creamy Texture: Julep When Pencil Met Gel Eyeliner – Sunset Gold Shimmer
This product is the perfect example of romance between a pencil and a gel. This swashbuckler of a pencil delivers a thick, pigmented layer of an intense Sunset Gold Shimmer. This gold eyeliner pencil makes your eyes stand out and stay put for 10+ easy hours. It glides smoothly on the lash line, waterline, and the corners of the eyes. Let the eyeliner blend with your eye makeup, giving you a classy look you have always craved for.
- Creamy texture
- Available in 13 shades
- Extra-finely milled pigments
- Might not dry quickly
7. Best Transfer-Proof: COVERGIRL Full Spectrum Defining Moment Eyeliner – Metallic Gold
Go back to the 80s with this classic, chrome-like Metallic Gold eyeliner. You can pair it with a lush mascara and smoky eyeshadow for a complete retro look. Not only is it trendy, but it also works for sensitive eyes. Plus, it will stay put on your eyes all day. The vibrant shade and creamy texture will look good on all eye shapes and make the eyes pop. You can also go full spectrum with the multiple shades available, and mix them up for a flamboyant appearance.
- Glides smoothly
- Metallic finish
- Tip is retractable
- Comes in 6 shades
- May not be pigmented enough
8. Best Smudge-Proof: Urban Decay 24/7 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Bourbon
This Bourbon shade pencil eyeliner is perfect for anyone who wants a dark eye makeup with subtle sheen. The shade easily blends with any base and lasts for a long time. Whether you want to go for a corporate event or a family function, this brown and golden glitter eyeliner is your best choice. It is an award-winning eyeliner pencil that goes with all types of skin tones and does not smudge when you sweat. This is the one of the best gold eyeliners as it delivers a creamy texture that makes your makeup look classy and stylish.
- Contains vitamin E, jojoba oil, and cottonseed oil
- Slightly expensive
9. Best Opthamologist-Tested: L’Oreal Paris Le Liner Signature Eyeliner – Gold Velvet
This L’Oreal Paris Le Liner Signature Eyeliner has a soft, velvety finish that is perfect for light makeup. It will glide on your lash line to give a smooth, glittery stroke, without affecting the density of your overall makeup. Simply apply it over a creamy nude eyeshadow for a flashy-hint of gold color on the eyes. You can wear it for your formal meetings as well as parties. It is probably the best gold eyeliner for you if you love bold lines over a matte base.
- Mechanical eyeliner
- 24-hour wear
- Comes in 6 dramatic shades
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
- Might not work well for waterline makeup
- May not be suitable for contact lens wearers
10. Best Vibrant Shade: Absolute New York Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – Gold
You asked for the best gold eyeliner, and the resume of this candidate is like no other! The name speaks for itself! You would absolutely need this eyeliner for your everyday city girl look. It will sit on your eyes all day, making them look shiny and charming. This gold gel eyeliner does its job well, as it will give you waterproof protection from any unexpected splashes. It will be your eye designer-cum-guard for life! Just apply it smoothly, and you will be able to smile with your eyes because of its welcoming, vibrant color tone.
- Pigmented formula
- Comes in 10 different shades
- Slightly expensive
This eyeliner will perfectly complement your subtle, natural makeup look. It has the shine of gold with a hint of rose shade, making it a good choice for an everyday eyeliner. You can pair it with your shimmery bronzer or blusher. It settles quickly on the skin, helping you avoid eye strain. It is a multi-purpose product, which means it can be used as an eyeliner and an eyeshadow. Apart from this Rose Gold hue, many other colors are available for creating different looks.
- Lasts long
- Quick-dry feature
- Available in 5 different shades
- Might have to blend it real fast when using it as an eyeshadow
Your makeup can entirely change the way you feel. A good eyeliner stroke, on both eyes, can build confidence up like never before. A gold eyeliner that helps you draw wings easily every day is probably the best thing that can happen to you. L.A. Girl gold eyeliner pencil not only glides smoothly but also gives a liquid liner-like effect. Feel like a brand new person wearing this gold gel liner at your night parties or even lunch dates.
- Pack of 3 pencils
- Gel eyeliner
- Glides smoothly
- Pigmented texture
- Available in 19 shades
- May need to be sharpened frequently
In this world where animals are sacrificed to create makeup products, this vegan gold eyeliner is a blessing. If you only use cruelty-free products, this metallic yellow gold eyeliner is the one for you. It will stay put on your eyes for 12+ hours and will not smudge even if you have watery eyes. It also has a creamy texture that helps create smooth strokes on your eyes. It feels great to look good by using products that hurt no one during the making, isn’t it?
- No-slip formula
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Has a flexible felt-tip
- Available in 20 shades with different finishes
- Might not be thick enough
How cool would it be if you could get a liquid liner-like finish with a pencil? You can now avoid the mess that a liquid liner creates, and still get thick pigmented, bold color strokes! NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Slide On Pencil in Glitzy Gold has a shimmery texture that is perfect for all your makeup styles. It is waterproof and glides smoothly on your eye creases, helping you draw beautiful lines on them. Simply apply on and shine like the star you are!
- Glides smoothly
- Can sharpen easily
- PETA certified cruelty-free
- Available in 18 shades with different finishes
- The tip may be very soft.
The gold color is quite bold spirited, some would say. You might have doubts about how to pull off a gold eyeliner without looking gaudy. Here are some tips for you.
How to Wear A Gold Eyeliner
Gold eyeliners may look like they are a little too much at the start, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes impossible to stop using them. It adds life to the plain brown and the boring black. You meet somewhere in the middle, where matte dances with metallic, to a place where there is never enough sparkle. How to wear a gold eyeliner depends on multiple factors, like:
- Skin tone: You have to select a gold eyeliner that goes with your complexion. Do you have pale skin, or you lean more towards the wheatish side? Do you have a chocolate brown skin tone? You can try different types of finishes for a subtle or a flashy look. Don’t shy away from experimenting with colors.
- Eye shape: One of the major factors is the shape of the eye. The thickness and shape of the lash line changes according to the eye shape. For example, if you have monolids, you will probably draw the thinnest line possible with a thick wing coming out of the corner. If you have almond-shaped eyes, a cat-eye look with smokey eyeshadow will look appealing.
- Pattern: Are you going to try full-chrome makeup or planning to keep it minimal? You can try shiny strokes in different patterns like a double wing, eye-corner stars, stripes, half-almond designs, etc., for a full gold makeup. If you are only painting for an everyday, shimmery eye makeup, try a simple lash line with a wing.
- Style: Creativity can be yours. Eyes are the limit, but imagination is limitless. Some adaptive techniques are:
- Only applying on the bottom lid
- Mixing it up with your eyeshadow
- Skinny gold lines on a dark base
- Dark gold lines on a nude base
- Blending two gold eyeliners of different finishes
- Adding a little bit of rose or copper to your gold
- Complementing arches on the upper lash and cut-crease lines
If you continue to use gold eyeliner, eventually, you will ease into making a strong statement with your eyes. The key is never to stop experimenting and embracing new styles.
What to Wear With Gold Eyeliners
You can pair gold eyeliners with many things. Your costume, makeup, jewelry — everything can aid in helping your eyes pop.
- Everyday work: Wear a subtle metallic gold eyeliner on the lash line with a wing. Your lipstick can be bold, something that matches your clothes. You can wear it with your formal dress and add a sling purse with a golden belt. Some people also like to wear gold ear hoops and a casual watch for a classy touch.
- Lunch date: The date is in the day time. The sunlight might reflect on your face because of the glitter. To create a look that is not flashy, simply add a dark mascara to enhance your eyelashes. Your gold eyeliner will make for a good background for your eyelashes. A slight rose blush or a contouring golden bronzer will also look great on your face. Your lipstick can be bare matte or even glossy.
- Party: Wear a complementing dress — it can be shimmery red or even a classic matte black. If you are wearing a denim jacket with white sneakers, you can go crazy with the pattern makeup on your face using golden eyeliner. You can also try a dark smokey eye look with a golden finish. Select your jewelry according to the event. Overall, anything flashy or bohemian goes with a golden eyeliner, once arranged in a fitting style.
Gold eyeliners can be game changers! If you want your eyes to look attractive during an important party, you should definitely concentrate on trying out gold eyeliners. These eyeliners can jazz it up for you and make your eyes look stunning. Many gold eyeliners glide on perfectly and can be easily stored in your purses or pouches. Not only do these eyeliners provide a smooth application experience, but they also make sure that you don’t need to reapply frequently. However, make sure that the gold eyeliner you are choosing doesn’t smear in excess heat.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup aficionado and loves experimenting with different makeup products. Intending to help her readers find the best gold eyeliners, she compiled a list of the most amazing ones. The author has tried a few of them, checked online reviews to understand the quality, consistency, and other aspects of the products before shortlisting the best ones for the list.
- Best Blue Eyeliners That Will Make Your Eyes The Main Attraction
- Best Brown Eyeliners That Will Suit Every Eye Shape
- Best White Eyeliners That Will Make Your Eye Makeup Pop