Are you having a tough time taming your unruly, frizzy, and rebellious hair? Do you find yourself spending hours straightening but end up damaging your locks? Well, you don’t have to worry any longer as there are products to help you manage your tresses. We are referring to hair straightening shampoos.
These shampoos nourish and moisturize your hair, detangle it, control frizz, giving it a straighter look. In this article, we have compiled a list of 10 best hair straightening shampoos. Scroll down and pick one!
Table Of Contents
What Are Hair Straightening Shampoos?
Hair straightening shampoos are specially developed to help tame frizzy, wild tresses even in humid weather conditions. These shampoos have a unique formula containing hair smoothing agents that weigh down the hair, making it appear straight and manageable. They control the natural tendency of wavy hair to curl up.
What Makes Hair Straightening Shampoos Different?
Compared to regular shampoos, hair straightening shampoos contain a high level of conditioning agents like silicones and polymers. These conditioning agents coat the hair to weigh it down and prevent frizz and tangles. These agents are water-resistant and stay on your hair even after washing, preventing the strands from absorbing moisture and curling up.
Scroll down to check the best hair straightening shampoos to buy online.
10 Best Hair Straightening Shampoos To Try
The John Frieda Frizz Ease Flawlessly Straight Shampoo contains hydrolyzed keratin to strengthen and replenish the hair and conditioning agents to control frizz and make your hair soft, straight, and manageable. It is suitable for wavy-curly, medium-thick, and frizzy hair and safe for colored hair. This shampoo makes the hair easier to style.
Key Ingredient: Keratin
- Contains artificial fragrance and SLS
The Organix Ever Straightening Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo is specially formulated for dry, sun-bleached, and frizzy hair. It is infused with coconut oil, keratin, avocado oil, and cocoa butter. The oils and cocoa butter keep the hair shaft moisturized and hydrated and prevent split ends, while keratin strengthens the strands. The shampoo smooths your hair, minimizing frizz and giving it a silky straight appearance.
Key Ingredients: Coconut oil, Keratin, Avocado oil, and Cocoa butter
- Sulfate-free surfactants
- Pleasant fragrance
- Softens the hair
- Contains diazolidinyl urea, artificial color, and fragrance
The Fanola Smooth Care Straightening Shampoo offers deep hydration and thorough cleansing to your hair, leaving it soft and supple. It contains cotton seed oil, rich in linoleic acid, that helps straighten and strengthen your hair. The shampoo can control even the wildest hair, defrizzing and untangling it easily, easing the hairstyling and grooming process.
Key Ingredient: Cotton seed oil
- Contains natural ingredients
- Smells great
- Long-lasting effects
If you have curly, wavy, dry, and frizzy hair and want controlled smoothness, try the Tigi Bed Head Styleshots Extreme Straight Shampoo. It is infused with heavy-duty straightening boosters that smoothen and condition your locks to make them manageable and easy to style. This shampoo protects your hair from heat and UV damage and improves hair texture. It is suitable for oily, dry, and normal hair types.
- Pleasant fragrance
The UNITE LAZER Straight Shampoo gently cleanses and smoothens the hair without weighing it down. It contains naturally derived surfactants and panthenol that volumizes the hair, adds shine, and conditions it. The shampoo reduces static hair and frizz and keeps it soft and smooth.
Key Ingredients: Panthenol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and Glyceryl Cocate (derived from coconut oil)
- Sodium chloride-free
- May leave residue
The Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Joia Strengthening + Smoothing Shampoo has a clinically proven formula. It contains plant-based keratin to strengthen the hair and repair damage, Brazil nut selenium to nurture and hydrate the strands, and buriti oil to condition and smoothen dry hair. This shampoo also helps reduce hair breakage and prevent further damage without stripping your hair.
Key Ingredients: Brazil nut selenium, Buriti oil, Plant-based keratin
- Mineral oil-free
The Salerm Straightening Shampoo protects and prepares the hair for heat styling. It has moisture-repelling properties that make hair straightening fast and eliminate frizz. The shampoo contains hydrolyzed keratin that strengthens the hair and prevents breakage. It gently cleanses the hair and keeps it straight, smooth, and frizz-free for longer.
Key Ingredient: Hydrolyzed keratin
- Ultra-fast drying
- Humidity resistant
The Back To Basics Bamboo Straightening Shampoo contains natural surfactants that gently cleanse the scalp and hair. It is rich in antioxidants like vitamins A, B, and D that add a healthy sheen to your hair. The shampoo also contains panthenol that provides thermal protection to the hair. It eliminates frizz, makes the hair manageable, and protects it from humidity to keep it straight and smooth.
Key Ingredients: Vitamins A, B, and D, and Panthenol
- Mineral oil-free
- No animal derivatives
- No petroleum derivatives
- Contains parabens, SLS, and diazolidnyl urea
The Kismera Hair Straightening Shampoo is specially formulated for fried and damaged hair. It contains natural keratin that strengthens weak hair and makes it shiny and glossy. This shampoo gently cleanses and moisturizes the hair to keep it soft, smooth, frizz-free, and manageable. The hydrating emulsions in the product instantly rejuvenate the hair, improve its texture, and keep it straight.
Key Ingredient: Natural keratin
- Nice smell
- May dry out the hair
The GIOVANNI Straight Fast Straightening Elixir can smooth and relax curls and tame the frizziest hair easily. The lightweight gel-like formula contains organic ingredients like rosemary, nettle, and bergamot extracts that nourish your hair to protect it from humidity and keep it shiny. This shampoo also contains panthenol that nourishes and smoothens the hair. It is color-safe and keeps the hair straight and healthy without drying.
Key Ingredients: Bergamot, Nettle and Rosemary extracts, and Panthenol
- Artificial color-free
- Mineral oil-free
- May not suit thick hair
These are the 10 best hair straightening shampoos that you can buy online. If you are wondering what these shampoos can do for your hair, scroll down to the next section.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Hair Straightening Shampoos?
- Easy Detangling: Hair straightening shampoos contain conditioning agents like silicones and natural oils that help detangle your hair easily, minimizing breakage and hair fall.
- Frizz Control: They weigh down the hair to control frizz even in humid weather and reduce flyaways.
- Strengthen The Hair: Most hair straightening shampoos contain keratin, the hair protein that supports the hair shafts, minimizing breakage and frizz and helping retain moisture.
- Prevent Heat Damage: The hair conditioning agents present in these shampoos coat your hair and do not wash off easily, protecting it from heat and thermal damage.
- Speed Up Styling: The conditioning agents in the hair straightening shampoos repel moisture, speeding up heat styling and blow drying.
Before you jump straight into shopping your favorites, keep in mind the following things to make a better buying decision.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Hair Straightening Shampoos
- Shampoo Type: Pick a shampoo specific to your hair type. Make sure you check the bottle as brands often specify the hair types on the packaging.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients carefully. A good hair straightening shampoo is sulfate-free and contains silicones, keratin, and natural oils like coconut and argan oils. Avoid products with parabens, formaldehyde, and artificial colors and fragrances.
- Check The Reviews: Go through the brand website or check review blogs and videos. This is a good way to understand how the shampoo performs and how different hair types react to it.
Hair straightening shampoos are a convenient way to give your locks a sleek, smooth, and glossy finish. They will not make your hair appear poker straight but make it manageable enough to be styled with ease. Go ahead and pick any of the products from the above list. Also, make sure to use a cleansing shampoo once a week to clean up all the product buildup.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Does a keratin shampoo straighten the hair?
Yes, to a certain extent. Do not expect poker-straight hair. A keratin shampoo smoothens the hair, reduces frizz, and makes it easier for you to blow dry or style it with a flat iron.
- 10 Natural Ways To Straighten Your Hair
- How To Use A Hair Straightener Safely At Home
- Best Hair Straightening Creams – Our Top 20 Products
- How To Do Hair Straightening at Home?
- Top 10 Garnier Hair Straightening And Smoothing Products In India
Latest posts by Ramona Sinha (see all)
- How To Use Hair Butter To Protect Your Hair - March 4, 2021
- 13 Best Eyeshadow Singles For Gorgeous Eyes - March 4, 2021
- Avocado Oil For The Skin: Benefits And Ways To Use It - March 2, 2021
- Are Sulfates Really Bad For Your Hair? - March 2, 2021
- The 11 Best Antibacterial Soaps Of 2020 To Buy Right Now - March 1, 2021