Do you love makeup and being on top of international beauty trends? We are sure you must have come across Korean cushion foundations, since they are all over the place and so hard to miss! Here is your chance to know more about cushion foundations and what all the fuss is about!
Korean cushion foundations have been a well-kept secret of the Korean beauty industry until very recently. The holy grail of foundations is now popular all over the world and it’s not too hard to understand why! The special feature of these foundations is that they are compact cases that contain BB cream instead of powder on a saturated cushion. An applicator is also included that helps you control the amount of product you wish to apply. The result? Hydrated and luminous skin with excellent coverage for a fresh and smooth look that your regular BB cream was failing to give. We have compiled a list of the best korean cushion foundations, because we know you can’t wait to get your hands on one!
Top 13 Best Korean Cushion Foundations You’ll Definitely Love
Packaged in a sleek compact, this MISSHA cushion foundation is long-lasting and offers total coverage even to acne prone skin. The non-drying M magic cushion is infused with rosemary leaf extract and chamomile flower extract to aid healing of oily skin as well as dry skin. It is also enriched with a topical layer of magic fit powder, thus making the compact feel fresh even after multiple uses. Each application provides the skin with moisture and shine, making skincare and makeup a joint affair. Thanks to hyaluronic acid and ceramide, moisture and elasticity in the skin is taken care of. This cushion compact works best for honey-beige skin tone.
- Leaves your skin looking makeup-free
- Soft sponge for smooth application
- Long-lasting impact
- It may have a strong scent that may not be suitable for people with sensitive eyes and skin.
Enhanced with collageneer, this compact is one of the best Korean full coverage cushion foundations. Hyaluronic acid, which is one of the main elements that makes up this foundation, ensures that your skin remains healthy, retains water, gets rid of fine lines, and does not show any signs of dryness. This product also conceals wrinkles and pores, so your skin can feel as youthful as you do. The lightweight texture of the cushion makes it perfect for everyday use.
- Offers complete coverage
- Leaves the skin with radiant glow
- Hydration lasts all day long
- Theis foundation may be a little less pigmented for those who prefer results in a single stroke.
If dewy makeup is your go-to look, AGE 20’s Essence Cover Pact should be your go-to foundation. Formulated with SPF 50+ and 68% hyaluronic acid, the level of hydration pumped into your skin is unbeatable. This product is enriched with a lightweight formula so that your skin doesn’t feel clogged, allowing you to wear it throughout the day without feeling the need to touch up. This cushion compact gives excellent coverage leaving you with flawless and natural-looking skin.
- Smoothes wrinkles
- Does not block pores
- Gives a cakey-free look
- Easy to blend
- It may offer only light coverage and may not be very efficient in covering dark spots.
Filled with the goodness of natural ingredients, this light beige 3-in-1 foundation prevents aging and protects your skin from tan and burn. Blueberry makes your skin feel fresh and helps get rid of any signs of tiredness. Phyllanthus Emblica extracts even-out skin tone, while aloe vera makes sure that moisture is locked in for a long period of time. This in turn, provides perfect coverage without any smudging. Lastly euterpe oleracea protects the skin from being oxidized, making it ideal for oily to combination skin types.
- Covers spots, big and small, giving you perfect skin
- Infused with calcium, magnesium, sodium, and vitamin C
- Slows down the aging process of your skin
- It may make oily skin look a bit too dewy.
The TROIAREUKE H+ Cushion Foundation moisturizes your sensitive skin without causing any irritation. One of the best Korean cushion foundations for dry skin, it is like light makeup you can wear all day. It contains soothing ingredients like centella asiatica extract, Portulaca olarecea extract and Chomomilla Recutita (Matricaria) flower-extract that prevent wrinkles from developing at an early age and improve your skin tone. While this foundation takes care of skincare, in addition to makeup needs, it also provides an extra sponge so that you can happily discard it over time.
- Offers the right balance between matte and glossy
- Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle
- Prevents dryness and oxidation
- Provides UV protection
- It may not cover very dark patches or prominent marks.
An ideal cushion foundation for oily skin, this pore-control foundation blends in well with your skin and feels extremely light. As a result, you are left with makeup that looks natural, blemishes are concealed and sunny days are not a threat, as the foundation doesn’t melt away. The biggest advantage of this product is that it comes with an extra refill, which means twice the quantity at the price of one!
- Suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin
- Buildable coverage
- Blends easily with existing skin-tone
- A touch-up may be required after a few hours of application.
Overflowing with natural ingredients like lavender, viola mandshurica flower and blueberry, this foundation cushion takes brightness and moisture very seriously. As the name suggests, this foundation lasts for long hours and clears the skin of blemishes, is anti-inflammatory while also controlling the generation of melanin. In the end what you get is incomparable radiance and skin that is looked after!
- Buildable coverage
- Contains SPF 50+ and PA+++
- Clump and smudge-free
- Contains large quantities of antioxidants
● If applied lightly, it may reveal the existing texture of your skin.
A cushion foundation that lasts up to 12 hours, this Korean makeup cushion is made up of a perfect blend between Korean herbs and apricot seeds. All early signs of aging, including the appearance of spots, are covered with its watercolor method that is oil-free, making it a brilliant skincare product too. A single application ensures a smooth layer of film-fixing polymer is formed that makes the skin look radiant all day long.
- Helps formation of collagen on skin
- Anti-wrinkle and anti-aging
- Protects from UVA and UVB rays
- Contains antioxidants
- It may not be suitable for a sunny day outside.
Science and nature come together for the creation of the AMOREPACIFIC Color Control Cushion Compact. Botanical ingredients including green tea, red ginseng, and bamboo sap work their magic on the skin, making it feel well-nourished and taken care of. The antimicrobial puff is designed with tiny pores that deliver the perfect amount of product without absorbing the formula or causing product buildup.
- Spill-proof and travel-friendly
- Buildable coverage
- Corrects color
- Protection from damage with the help of broad spectrum SPF 50+
- Suitable for wearing all-day long
- The applicator may soak up extra foundation when dipped, hence, it is advised to pat very lightly on the product with the sponge.
This sheer cushion foundation is almost weightless, makes oily skin matte, and is ideal for outdoorsy activities in the summer months. Formulated using aqualicia extract, the cushion moisturizes skin to the next level, keeps it cool, and conceals all signs of dryness as well as acne problems. This setting cushion is lightweight, prevents skin from darkening in summer and also makes sure your makeup is in place all-day long.
- Semi-matte and lightweight
- Protects from harmful effects of the sun
- Long lasting
- It may not work well if one tries to layer it heavily.
Claiming to make your skin even brighter than light, the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion contains pearlescent complex as well as magnolia extracts. Licorice water infused in the product offers a feeling of feather-light skin, even complexion, and hydration that lasts all-day long. Endorsed by celebrities, this Korean cushion is worth a try!
- 8-hour coverage
- Improves the complexion of dull skin
- Anti-wrinkle benefits
- UV protection
- This cushion is more suited to oily skin, and may dry out already dry skin.
This super dewy Korean cushion foundation is filled with moisture and makes all your dry skin woes go away. In addition to this, it also takes care of big pores, provides complete coverage and reflects light from the moment you apply a single layer on your skin! If you have very oily skin, apply aloe vera gel first before applying this product.
- Easy application
- Buildable coverage
- Cakey-look free
- Glossy finish
- It may not be a good idea to wear this in humid climate.
With a packaging that is attractive enough to purchase this cushion foundation, this Korean wonder cushion can last on your skin for more than 24 hours! A single layer of application is enough to show impact and it fits naturally on most skin tones. The patented AMI-GOM Air Pocket Puff provides perfect coverage, while the 98% pure Juniper Berry Water makes your skin poreless and improves skin elasticity. If you like moisturized skin that still looks matte, this product is just for you!
- Tested against skin irritation
- Moisturizes the driest of skins
- Fragrant smell
- Smooth coverage on acne
- This product may wear off if worn outdoors.
Let us now take a look at the tips you must bear in mind while buying the perfect Korean cushion foundation.
How To Choose The Perfect Korean Cushion Foundation
In order to make the right purchase when it comes to Korean cushion foundations, it is important for you to know your own skin.
- Skin type: Like all products, Korean Cushion Foundations too have specialised options for different types of skin. Be very mindful of which cushion you are picking, as it is important for the formula to work for your skin type. If your skin is oily, look for matte cushion foundations and if dry skin is what bothers you, get a cushion foundation that is over moisturized and offers dewy complexion.
- Color Options: After all, a cushion compact is a foundation at the end of the day, and it should be treated as all other foundations are. This means you want to select a cushion foundation that matches your skin tone, if not exactly then at least is a close match.
- SPF: Our skin is always susceptible to multiple issues, but the one thing you definitely can protect it from is the sun. Try and get your hands on a cushion foundation that provides you with a sun protection formula of your liking and make skin care part of your makeup.
How Do You Use A Cushion Foundation
While cushion foundations are easy to use, some guiding points are good to be remembered. Korean cushion foundations generally build easily, so make sure the application is even without over layering the product on your skin. Always tap the product lightly on your skin and use your fingers freely to blend in if required.
Tips To Achieve The Coveted Natural Look
- Always apply cushion foundation in a perfectly lit corner of the room. When you have natural light to apply your makeup in, the result will also be natural.
- Blending goes a long way, so even if it takes a few minutes extra, do not compromise on that natural blend.
- Lastly, do not be afraid to use your fingers to perfect the foundation. All makeup artists do this and it is perfectly acceptable.
Korean cushion foundations are an answer to the prayers of millions of women like us, who want to sport flawless skin, but in the process want to nurture it by protecting our skin from UV rays, wrinkles, early signs of ageing, blemishes and acne. Now that you know there are so many good Korean cushion foundations for all skin types, all you have to do is make a choice based on the list we have created for you. Try out the best cushion foundation option that works for your needs and let us know in the comments about which one you liked best!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How am I supposed to use a cushion foundation?
The best way to use Korean cushion compact is by preparing your skin either by applying primer or a moisturizer. Place the application sponge on the cushion, soak in some of the product and gently tap it all over your face and neck to get a smooth and even effect.
Are cushion foundations better?
Depending on what your need is, cushion foundations could be better or not for you. If you are someone who likes a natural, almost makeup free look, then Korean BB cushions are what you need. However if you need to hide dark spots or blemishes, then use them in conjunction with a concealer for flawless skin.
Should I get rid of my regular foundation?
Having used your regular foundation before, you would know what it does for your skin. Before throwing away your old regular foundation, try a Korean cushion foundation that is suited to your skin type, and compare the results. There is a high possibility you may not want to use anything else after trying Korean BB cushion compacts!
What should you keep in mind when buying the best Korean cushion foundation?
If you are buying a Korean cushion compact foundation for the first time, keep in mind not only the skin type it is made for, but also the skin tone it is made for. Most of these foundations come in a limited color palette and you may want to ensure that they will blend in with your natural color. Make sure to read a few cushion foundation reviews to know what previous users have to say about the product.
How safe is a Korean cushion foundation?
Korean cushion foundations are not too different from regular makeup as far as safety is concerned. They are all clinically tested, however if you have sensitive skin, test out the foundation on a small patch on your hand, and once you are sure there is no reaction, you can try the product on your face.
How long do cushion foundations last?
Depending on how often you apply makeup, most cushion foundations last upto 3 months. Remember to keep the compact moist and protected from dry weather, or it may result in patches when applying on your face.
How do I clean my cushion foundation puff?
The fastest way to clean your Korean cushion foundation puff is by pouring oil cleanser on it, rubbing it well while placed inside a sandwich bag, and then washing the oil and product away by pouring warm – not hot – but warm water over it. Pat dry on a towel until there is nothing left on the puff.
Do you need a primer with cushion foundation?
If you have dry skin, then yes a primer will definitely help the cushion foundation to display best results if it is a matte foundation that you are using. However, if it is a dewy cushion compact then primer will only make the skin look oilier than it should.
Do cushion foundations dry out?
Korean cushion foundations do not dry out if you leave the lid open when applying the foundation. However, once you are done using the compact, shut it tightly to ensure moisture is retained until your next use.