Asians take their skincare routine very seriously! Using the best Korean facial mists is an integral step of this skincare regime. A facial mist makes your skin look fresh and dewy and can be used as many times as you need. Mary Ajaka, a makeup artist, remarks, “Koreans take good care of their skin and a facial mist is an essential part of their skin care regimen. The Korean face mists help refresh the skin. They also hydrate and seal extra moisture into the skin. The facial mist can also act as a primer underneath your makeup or it can be used on top of your makeup to set it without making your face look cakey.” Just spritz a few drops on your face to get an instantly radiant and refreshed look. This rejuvenating product can be carried along in the purse or handbag with ease. So, go ahead and check out the best Korean facial mists that you can incorporate into your skincare. But, before you select your favorite, read on to find out some more information on Korean facial mists.
In This Article
What Is A Korean Face Mist Spray?
A face mist spray or facial mist is packed with nutrients and minerals that instantly freshen and glow up the skin in just a single spray. And besides it being mild enough to be used multiple times, it also has hydrating, nourishing, anti-aging, and oil-control benefits!A must-have multipurpose product if your skin feels dry and fatigued quickly, Korean facial mists are travel-friendly too.
Curious to try one now? Scroll on to browse through our list of 15 best Korean facial mists of 2023 for an instant glow!
Read on to know more!
15 Best Korean Facial Mists Of 2023 For An Instant Glow!
Refreshing — like you’ve stepped out of a hot shower! This rejuvenating Korean facial mist contains marine mineral glow essence that guarantees to make a stunning difference to your skin within a few uses. Spray on after cleansing and before moisturizing to hydrate your skin intensely. Made of 98% organic-based ingredients, the mist is infused with aloe vera, Japanese green tea, tamarind extract, and cucumber extract too. A must-try if you are dealing with dull, acne scars and best face mist for dry and crumbly skin too, spray on to witness the difference!
- Doubles up as a toner
- Lightweight and refreshing
- Add a youthful, healthy, and lustrous glow
- Brightens and enhances complexion
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- PH-balanced, long-lasting, and non-comedogenic
- It may feel sticky.
- The fragrance may be overwhelming for some.
Missing your youthful glow, or is sagging skin giving you a hard time? Tone it with this balancing and moisturizing face mist that ensures to hydrate, brighten, and also fight wrinkles. Making you feel refreshed and your skin rejuvenated at the same time, this Korean hydrating mist is like a healer for your skin’s foundation. And the credit goes to the ingredients— it contains 30% chamomile extract, fermented yeast extract (of Himalayan purple barley), and 60% gemmule that tackles tired and dull skin. Also, it is safe and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Enhances skin’s texture
- Soothes and relaxes the skin
- Add a radiant and flawless glow
- Includes skin-benefiting 90% natural ingredients
- Fermented yeast extract helps revitalize skin
- The scent may be a turn off.
Dry skin users, here’s a Korean face mist that’ll tackle dehydrated skin for you. More like a tonic than a face mist for your skin, it contains the nourishing Macadamia oil that provides antioxidants and sunflower seed oil that delivers deep moisturization. And if you are dealing with acne-prone skin, then you are in luck for it contains jojoba seed oil as well that controls acne and moisturizes the skin too. Besides this, it includes Citrus Junos fruit water (78%), which is Jeju Island’s only in-season fruit and helps revitalize skin instantly. Still, want to give this Korean makeup setting spray a miss?
- Moisturizes and rejuvenates in 3 seconds
- Safe for redness-prone and hypersensitive skin
- Skin revitalization formula
- Non-toxic, paraben-free, and mineral oil-free
- Cruelty-free, vegan, and alcohol-free product
- Doubles up as a setting spray for makeup
- An oil-based formula rich in vitamins, calcium, minerals, and carotene.
- The fragrance may be strong for some.
A fruity and refreshing binge for your skin and soul! Enjoy a dose of watermelon, now in your facial mist. Ultra-hydrating and with a unique fog-mist formula, it’ll leave your skin fresh and bright instantly. Infused with 84% watermelon, which is rich in vitamin and amino, it deeply hydrates, soothes, and protects against free radical damage. And as for hyaluronic acid — it acts as a tonic for the dehydrated skin. This mild formula also contains hibiscus flower AHA that evens out skin tone, smoothens the texture, and adds softness. Yep, all this in a few sprays, whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin. Go on, indulge! Don’t skip this one.
- Adds a long-lasting radiant glow
- An ultra-fine, hydrating, and delicate mist
- Refreshes skin and enhances makeup
- Alcohol-free and synthetic dye-free
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Non-toxic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and mineral oil-free
- Small size
Is your skin feeling dry and parched lately? Quench the thirst with this ultra-fruity and ultra-hydrating face mist. Thirst Things First has a unique formula with water and oil that works together to awaken the skin and make it look brighter and dewy. How? All thanks to its enriching ingredients such as pomegranate extract, which is rich in vitamin C and helps enhance the complexion. Apple seed oil and lemon peel oil, on the other hand, keep the natural moisture intact and rejuvenates the skin at the same time. So, if you are looking for a hydrating boost for your skin — this one promises to truly care.
- A unique blend with dual-layered formula
- Nourishes, soothes, and brightens the skin
- Sulfate-free, phthalate-free, and paraben-free
- Cruelty-free and vegan product
- Contains radiance-boosting nutrients
- Doubles up as a leave-on mask at night
- Safe for all skin types
- Not recommended if you are sensitive to smell
An instant glow up for your skin and you! Freshen up with SKEDERM face mist that contains coconut and hyaluronic acid for dehydrated, dry, and angry skin. Are you wondering how different it is from others? This minimalistic yet effective face mist ensures to soothe, hydrate, recharge, and refresh instantly. Clinically proven to boost proper hydration in your skin, you’ll never complain about dull skin again. And given how nourishing a coconut drink can be for the skin, you might as well spray it on to get the glow for a change! Don’t miss it.
- Restores skin’s moisture level
- Safe to use on sensitive skin
- Reduces rashes and redness
- Silky and smooth moisturizing formula
- Ideal to apply before makeup or use as setting spray
- Free from parabens, color, and synthetic fragrance.
- It may not last long.
The Mistian Deep Moisturizing Korean Essence Mist Facial Spray is formulated with natural ingredients providing all-day long hydration. This hydrating spray mist will make the skin smooth and soft. In addition, the hypoallergenic face mis instantly moisturizes and adds nourishment to the cells. This spray mist can be used as a makeup setter, and it makes the makeup look fresh. You can also use this spray after shaving to restore healthy skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
This bunny has some TLC for oily skin users only. Other than looking cute, it claims to get rid of all the greasiness instantly. Since oily skin turns sticky and dull after every few hours, this sleek mist by TonyMoly claims to tackle oil and hydrate the skin at the same time. An ideal for the travel pack or daily kit, this face mist for oily skin has a mineral-rich formula too. It contains Celtic water from Vosges du Nord France, which is insanely hydrating for the skin. Also, the packaging doubles up as a mood booster too. It is the best face mist for oily skin. Hurry, bunny up for this one ASAP!
- Oil-controlling formula
- Tackles excess oil production
- Provides a refreshing and light mist
- Travel-friendly, portable, and refillable
- Brightens, balances, and awakens the skin
- Enriched with orange, pearl, and mango extracts
The ultimate frenemy for fine lines, wrinkles, and damaged skin! First Spray Serum not only replenishes your skin’s collagen and vitality but improves complexion and fights aging signs too. Infused with white truffle, which is known for anti-aging benefits, it has avocado oil for intense hydration and chia seeds to calm and soothe the skin after a long day. And the best part – the moisturizing benefit kicks in within 3 seconds of spraying! Promising a youthful glow, this powerful and refreshing white spray is ideal for combination and dry skin. Bonus — it is travel-friendly too.
- Non-irritating white serum
- Intense moisture treatment
- Includes Giga White that brightens and rejuvenates skin
- Tackle clogged pores and dryness
- Boost brightening and skin cell renewal
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Free from paraben, mineral oils, silicone, sulfates, and artificial color
Dip your skin into the goodness of this nourishing mist that not only replenishes moisture but also recharges your tired skin. It is formulated with propolis, hyaluronic acid, panthenol, and betaine that deeply hydrate your skin, improve its elasticity, and soften it. The face mist instantly lifts your dull skin, adds shine, and keeps it moist and glowing throughout. Moreover, the fine-particles of the mist do not mess-up your makeup.
- Instant results
- Long-lasting glow
- Gentle on skin
11. Best Clinically-Tested Formula: PYUNKANG YUL Calming Moisture Mist
The PYUNKANG YUL Calming Moisture Mist contains bamboo extract, which refreshes and hydrates the skin without irritation. Centella asiatica, tea tree, and lonicera japonica flower calm sensitive skin. White willow bark extract, lactic acid, and alpha hydroxy acids break down excess sebum and keep pores clean. This facial mist is non-sticky, dermatologist-tested, and suitable for all skin types.
- Hydrating and soothing
- Low pH formula
- Paraben free
- Suitable for all skin types
12. Best For Skin Barrier Repair: ELISHACOY Kombucha Gyeol Biome Mist
The ELISHACOY Kombucha Gyeol Biome Mist is packed with kombucha extracts produced by fermenting black tea for 506 hours on the pristine island of Jeju. It contains gyeol-biome, which improves the skin texture. This facial spray provides skin-smoothing hydration, reduces wrinkles, improves skin elasticity, and keeps the skin dewy and supple. It keeps your skin nourished and relaxed. This moisturizing toner saturates the face and balances the skin’s pH level.
- Restores skin’s moisture level
- Adds a youthful and healthy glow
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free, and mineral oil-free
Unlike other brands and facials mists in the beauty universe, this one has a gel-like consistency. So, if you are looking for a thicker and intensely hydrating formula, then this could be it. Also, it is a must-try if you want to bring back your timeless beauty! Infused with marine collagen, this facial mist by Roa Cytomedy fights wrinkles and rejuvenates your youthful complexion with every use. It goes beyond improving the moisture level in your skin by also soothing and relieving irritated and itchy skin. Yep, no more redness and rashes to worry about. Give it a spritz!
- Forms a layer of moisture on the skin
- Lightens dullness and fine lines
- Eliminates dryness and dehydration
- Long-lasting and ultra-refreshing
- Use it to re-hydrated as many times as possible
- Suitable for oily, sensitive, combination, and acne-prone skin
- Over spraying may leave a sticky residue.
If you’re eyeing an energizing and nourishing mist then Saranghae Korean Face Mist Moisturizer is the one for you. It is packed with extracts of juicy bamboo, aloe vera, and cucumber that instantly hydrate, improve, and soften the skin, giving you a rejuvenating fresh complexion. It also strengthens the skin barrier to protect against external aggressors and prevent dryness and moisture loss. Additionally, It is cruelty-free and vegan.
- Botanical ingredients
- Suits all skin types
- Contains alcohol
Lastly, this unique bottle that injects fresh oxygen in the formula before you spray! So basically, every time you spritz, your skin gets the benefits of both oxygen and moisture. Hailed as the perfect quencher to deal with fatigue, dry, and sagging skin, the brand promises to enliven the skin’s appearance and make it look healthier and supple. Also, it is formulated with 96% naturally-derived ingredients and guarantees to replenish skin with a youthful glow. Still, wondering why you should pick O2 Injection Mist Essence by Penegreen? The product is dermatologist-tested too.
- Non-irritating, gentle, and powerful nourisher
- Tackles dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles
- EWG-verified, non-toxic, and hypoallergenic-tested
- Infused with bamboo water for intense hydration
- Suitable for all skin types
There you have it! The 15 best Korean face mists of 2023 for instant and refreshing glow up. If you are still confused or want to know more about the facial mists, read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Korean Facial Mists
How Does A Korean Face Mist Work?
The distance matters! Yes, it does while spraying on a facial mist, or else you’ll end up with too much formula in one area. Now, before you spray, close your eyes to avoid irritation, and keep the bottle 10-11 inches or an elbow-length away from your skin. Next, you spray on and make sure you cover all areas and do not overspray. Other than this, you can also use a cotton ball to apply the facial mist on your skin.
Different Types of Korean Face Sprays?
There are three types of Korean Face Sprays:
- Face Mist: With hydrating, refreshing, and several other skin and anti-aging benefits infused in the formula, a face mist can be used multiple times a day. It fights dryness, dullness, and gives skin instant hydration and refreshment. Also, it can be used as a toner or applied before the makeup too.
- Toner: Though a face mist spray can be used as a toner, a toner cannot be used as a face mist. It can only be applied twice during the day, and it is primarily used to prep up the skin for other skin products like serum, moisturizer, and more.
- Setting Spray: A setting spray keeps the makeup intact for prolonged hours. Unlike face mists, it does not have hydrating or nourishing benefits and is used after applying makeup. It’s mostly a part of the makeup routine rather than skin care routine.
How to Choose the Best Korean Face Mist?
Though choosing a face mist depends on your skin condition or skin needs, here are some features you must look out for before purchasing:
- Skin type: Pick a Korean face mist that suits your skin type, or else you’ll end up with more issues than relief. A dry skin Korean face mist might not be suitable for combination, oily, or acne-prone skin, and likewise, an oily skin Korean mist may not be ideal for irritated or sensitive skin. So, check if the face mist is safe for your skin before purchasing.
- Skin condition: Whether you are looking for a face mist to fight dryness/oiliness, aging signs, or acne, there are several options available for all. So, depending on your skin condition, pick a face mist for the best results.
- Instant & Intense: A face mist must always provide instant refreshment and intense hydration. Inspect if your face mist guarantees nourishing or refreshing benefits for a long-lasting experience.
- Ingredients: Korean products are mostly organic or natural ingredient-based. So, check if they are suitable for your skin to avoid allergic reactions. Also, you must check how they will benefit the skin too.
- Non-toxic formula: Lastly, the face mist formula should be non-toxic, chemical-free, and alcohol-free. Given how alcohol can be drying for the skin and other harsh chemicals like paraben, sulfates, etc. can lead to skin issues, it’s ideal to choose a face mist that is free from all the chemicals.
Benefits of Using Korean Face Mists?
There are several benefits of using a Korean face mist:
- It is intensely hydrating and refreshing and can be used multiple times a day. In fact, every time your skin feels dull, dry, or parched — spritz on and watch it rejuvenate in seconds!
- Also, a face mist can be used as a toner as well after cleansing and before applying the moisturizer. This is to balance the optimum moisture level that might have been disturbed due to cleansing.
- Plus, Korean facial mists come with more than just hydrating and refreshing benefits. Some of them have nourishing, anti-aging, oil, and acne-controlling benefits too.
Infographic: How To Apply A Korean Facial Mist
Korean facial mists replenish moisture and nourish the skin. However, while they may seem to be direct alternatives for toners, they performs their unique function in improving your skin texture. Misting your face will give you an instant glow. Check out the infographic below to learn how to properly apply a Korean face mist.
Whether it is K-pop or K-beauty, Gen Z and millennials are obsessed with everything Korean, and for good reasons. The best Korean facial mists are made with potent natural ingredients that offer numerous benefits. They reduce signs of aging, hydrate the skin, control sebum production, and improve your skin’s overall health. Go for the Seoul Ceuticals Marine Mineral Plump And Glow Essence for its hydrating properties, or the Missha Time Revolution – The First Treatment Mist for its fast-absorption into the skin. If you have oily skin, try the TONYMOLY Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist. These lightweight and skin-rejuvenating formulas absorb well and add a dewy glow. However, you may want to avoid mists that do not last long or have a drying effect on the skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Srijani Roy Chowdhury, is a makeup enthusiast. She has carefully handpicked this list of the best Korean facial mists. Each product has made it to her list only after a thorough review of user feedback on trusted platforms and brand websites. She has also listed its pros and cons to help you choose a product based on your skin needs. These facial mists impart an instant glow to your face and make your skin look fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you use face mist?
Face mists are mild and hydrating for the skin, and they can be used as many times as you like, during the day or night. Mostly, people prefer to spray them after cleansing or when skin feels dry, dull, or greasy.
Do you use facial mist before or after toner?
Since a toner readies the skin for the next step or other skin products to absorb effectively, a mist should be applied after the toner.
Is face mist and toner the same?
No, a face mist and toner are not the same. A face mist is mild and can be used multiple times a day, whereas a toner is more concentrated and used to prep up the skin for makeup and can be used only twice a day. However, some mists can be used as toners too.
Is face mist better than moisturizer?
Yes. Face mists hydrate your face instantly without triggering sweat production, while moisturizers may leave your skin feeling sticky. Also, the process of applying mists is more hygienic than moisturizers.
Can I use face mist before bed?
Yes. Cleanse your face and spray the face mists generously to nourish your skin while asleep.
- 15 Best Face Mists For All Skin Types: Reviews And Buying Guide
- 35 Best Korean Skin Care Products
- 11 Best Korean Essences For Youthful, Glowing Skin
- 10 Best Korean Toners to Try