The Best Blonde Hair Dyes That Are Nourishing & Hydrating – 2023
Throw caution to the wind and fear no damage with colors that are safe for your tresses.
Blonde and beautiful, if that is how you feel or you would like to feel, you should try some of the best blonde hair dyes we have in store for you. Whether you are looking for the classic blonde look or are planning to go in for a deeper and richer shade, you ought to know what is going into your blond hair dye. Finding the best blonde hair dye is not easy; most players ad dangerous chemicals that bleach your hair instead of coloring. At times these dyes may also end up drying your hair and stripping it off essential oils, and causing some severe damage. Because we know of such issues and we care for your hair as much as you do, we’ve listed some fabulous brands that give you great blonde color without damage! Check out our list now
- 1 Best Overall Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color - Ultra Light Ash Blonde Revlon $3.49 ON AMAZON Read More › $3.49 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Non-Drip Cream Formula Garnier Olia Hair Color - 9.3 Light Golden Blonde Garnier $12.15 ON AMAZON Read More › $12.15 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Incredible Shine L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color - 9A Light Ash Blonde L'oreal Paris $10.97 ON AMAZON Read More › $10.97 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Gray Coverage SoftSheen-Carson Dark & Lovely Fade Resist - 378 Honey Blonde Softsheen-carson $4.97 ON AMAZON Read More › $4.97 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best High-Gloss Finish Clairol Perfect 10 Niceân Easy Permanent Hair Color - Lightest Blonde Clairol $26.98 ON AMAZON Read More › $26.98 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Skin-Flattering Pigments Schwarzkopf Keratin Hair Color - 12.0 Light Pearl Blonde Schwarzkopf $17.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $17.99 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Long-Lasting Result Splashes & Spills Be You Semi-permanent Hair Dye - Butter Blonde Splashes & Spills $11.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $11.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best For Color-Treated & Permed Hair Naturcolor Permanent Herbal Based Haircolor Gel - 9N Sesame Blonde Naturcolor $16.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $16.95 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Permanent Color IGK Permanent Color Kit Igk $28 ON AMAZON Read More › $28 ON AMAZON
In This Article
10 Best Hair Dyes For Every Shade Of Blonde
Best Overall:Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color - Ultra Light Ash Blonde
Rich in keratin and silk amino acids, this Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color in Ultra Light Ash Blonde leaves your hair looking healthier than before. The Revlon 3D Color Gel Technology allows the non-drip liquid gel dye to easily add rich color to your hair without having to miss spots. This light blonde hair dye offers a radiant and multi-tonal color from roots to tips. Watch this YouTuber’s honest review to get a better idea about the product and its features.
- Lasts long
- 100% gray coverage
- High-definition color and shine
- May not be suitable for sensitive scalp
Best Non-Drip Cream Formula:Garnier Olia Hair Color - 9.3 Light Golden Blonde
If you are looking for those gorgeous golden tones in a light natural blonde shade, then darling, this one’s for you. This dye formula is a rich blend of 60% oil that includes flower oils. Whether you need a root touch-up done or are looking to enhance your naturally blonde hair, this product will add a healthy sheen and finesse to your hair. This Garnier Olia hair dye will hydrate your tresses and make them 3 times shinier than before. It gives a professional blonde hair dye finish, like the one you’ll get after a treatment at a salon. This video will give you a better insight into the product.
- Easy to use
- 100% gray coverage
- No-drip cream formula
- May not work on already colored hair
Best Incredible Shine:L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color - 9A Light Ash Blonde
Turn heads with this bold blonde color that is vibrant and leaves your hair with a luminous shine. This L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color has been the brand’s gold standard in hair color treatment. This gel hair dye formula is paired with Care Supreme Conditioner and Shine Serum for gorgeous finish. The Care Supreme Conditioner that comes with the pack has vitamin E and golden camelina oil that provides a silky finish to your hair. Watch this video for a thorough understanding of the product.
- Lasts long
- Incredible shine
- Multi-dimensional hue
- 8 weeks of fade-defying color
- May have an orange tint
4. Best Vegan:Naturtint Permanent Hair Color – 7N Hazelnut Blonde
If you are looking for a hair dye that will color your hair a warmer blonde tone without drying it out, then try Naturtint Permanent Hair Color in 7N Hazelnut Blonde. This formula is a blend of meadowfoam seed oil and oleic acid that moisturizes hair. This permanent blonde hair dye comes with a 50 ml tube of Multi-Care Mask rich in quinoa that has all essential amino acids, resulting in an intense shade with a glamorous glow.
- Radiant color
- Non-drip gel formula
- May stain skin
Best Gray Coverage:SoftSheen-Carson Dark & Lovely Fade Resist - 378 Honey Blonde
Coloring your hair blonde for the first time? Well, we recommend this SoftSheen-Carson Dark & Lovely Fade Resist. It nourishes your natural hair and protects it with its powerful blend of shea, avocado, and olive oils that will also protect your colored hair. If you are a curly hair girl, then this is especially for you. Unlike other hair dyes in the market, this will not rob your hair of its natural oils but instead, deeply moisturize it.
- Lasts for 8 weeks
- Reduces breakage
- 100% gray coverage
- Rich conditioning color
- May have an orange tint
Best High-Gloss Finish:Clairol Perfect 10 Niceân Easy Permanent Hair Color - Lightest Blonde
Turn to this Clairol Perfect 10 Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Color in Lightest Blonde when you are looking to brighten your blonde hair color all over. The package comes with a conditioning cream, a color-activating cream, a shine-producing cream, and a comb applicator. This dye’s non-drip formula, powered with micropearls, offers a luxuriously rich color to your hair that lasts for up to 60 days. It processes in 10 minutes, unlike the usual 20 minutes.
- High gloss
- Rich color
- Easy application
- 100% gray coverage
- May have a chemical odor
Best Skin-Flattering Pigments:Schwarzkopf Keratin Hair Color - 12.0 Light Pearl Blonde
Worried if a blonde tone will suit your skin tone? Want our advice? Pick a hair dye that has skin-flattering pigments. This Schwarzkopf Keratin Hair Color is enriched with such pigments that not only get your hair glowing, but also your face. The pigments condition your hair, while the K-bond Plex technology in this formula repairs damaged hair.
- Lasts long
- Delivers fuller hair
- Less hair breakage
- 100% gray coverage
- May have to use two packs if you have longer hair
Best Long-Lasting Result:Splashes & Spills Be You Semi-permanent Hair Dye - Butter Blonde
If you are just looking to have some fun with blonde hair and aren’t looking for a commitment, then it is advisable to experiment with temporary hair dyes. Try this Splashes & Spills Be You Semi-permanent Hair Dye in Butter Blonde that is a nourishing hair color formula and will not leave your hair brittle like some permanent ones.
- Moisturizing formula
- Highly pigmented color
- Lasts 7-15 shampoo washes
- May not work on dark blonde hair without bleaching
Best For Color-Treated & Permed Hair:Naturcolor Permanent Herbal Based Haircolor Gel - 9N Sesame Blonde
If you are looking for mild hair coloring with a formula that nourishes your hair and is gentle, then this Naturcolor Permanent Herbal Based Haircolor Gel will suit you best. It is safe to use on color-treated or permed hair, and is really easy to apply as well. This formula is made with Italian pigments obtained from plant extracts. You can use this dye repeatedly without having to worry about harsh chemicals.
- Natural formula
- Ammonia and resorcinol-free
- May not offer full coverage
Best Permanent Color:IGK Permanent Color Kit
The IGK Permanent Color Kit in the shade Latte is a dark natural blonde hair dye that provides maximum gray coverage and makes your hair 15% shinier. This easy-to-apply hair color is formulated with nourishing ingredients such as squalene, bamboo, and orchid extracts that provide hydration to your hair and leave your hair feeling soft and silky. The hair dye is clinically tested and can be used on all hair types, including chemically treated hair, to get beautiful blonde locks.
- Easy to use
- Clinically proven
- Nourishing formula
- Colorist developed
- Washes out fast
If you have been experimenting with hair dyes at home, you are not alone. The pandemic has us doing a lot of things on our own, so why not hair color? However, here are a few things you must keep in mind before picking a shade.
How Do I Choose A Blonde Color
Here are a few parameters you must look at before taking that call.
- Skin tone: If you have a pale complexion, go for cooler shades such as ash or wheat, and warmer complexions could pick between honey, golden, and butterscotch blonde.
- Maintenance: Depending on how much time you can spend on a hair routine, you can pick a shade.
- Minimum damage: Hair coloring can cause severe damage to your hair if you don’t pay attention to the ingredient list in the formula. Make sure you pick a dye color that is gentle on your hair and is free of harsh chemicals.
Let’s take a look at different tones of blonde.
Different Shades Of Blonde
There are over 50 shades of blonde. We have identified a few major ones for you here.
- Platinum blonde: This looks great on those with paler skin tone as it is the lightest shade of blonde. If you have blue or brown eyes, this could work for you too.
- Light ash blonde: This has a whitish and grayish tint blended in with the traditional blonde. This extra light natural blonde color suits people with lighter eye colors and skin tones.
- Natural blonde: This is the real deal. It resembles the hair color of those born with blonde hair. You can still find variation in the natural blonde hair dye, such as light and dark.
- Golden blonde: Buttery, honey, or gold mixed tint in a blonde shade leads to this color. This is a flattering shade for people with lighter skin tones.
- Vanilla blonde: This is more of a bright golden hue with subtle pale highlights that work well on people with lighter skin tones and those with green, blue, and gray eye colors.
Blonde hair looks beautiful. If you love to have blonde hair, try the blonde hair dyes to get that chic, blonde look. There are different shades of blonde that vary from dark blonds to silky light blonds. Unlike regular hair dyes, the dyes that made to our list do not strip off the natural scalp oils from your hair and scalp. They cover grey hair without damaging your hair. Many of these products are vegan, provide long-lasting results, and are easy to use. However, some products may stain your skin. So, dye your hair carefully and perform a patch test if you have an extremely sensitive scalp. Understand the buying guide to pick the best blond hair dye that suits your skin tone. Sergio Cardona, certified trichologist, says, “Keeping blond hair beautiful and healthy is all about maintenance and patience. I say patience because sometimes people like to be ultrablond over night, although it can be achieved, it can also be very dangerous for your hair. My advice is to talk to a color certified hair stylist and plan ahead.”
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Kirtana Divakar, the author, enjoys all things related to hair, keeping a close eye on the newest hair trends. If wearing classic blonde is your goal or if you wish to go for a dark, rich, and luxurious blonde look, the right dye can make it possible. She compiled this list of the top products after extensive research and analysis of many online reviews. With these blonde hair dyes, you will achieve vibrant locks that everyone will check out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use blonde hair dye on brown hair?
Since blonde is a lighter color, you need to bleach your brown hair before applying a blonde shade. Also, please remember to moisturize your hair well after the process.
Is box dye really that bad for your hair?
Coloring hair at home with a box hair dye may be messy, but it is also one of the most affordable ways to do it. Of course, going to a salon and experiencing a spa-like experiment while coloring your hair is luxurious, but as long as you’re aware of the procedure and the risk involved, not all box dyes will damage your hair.
Can you go from brown to blonde in one sitting?
This totally depends on the type of hair you have, its texture, and color. But yes, it is doable. It takes close to three hours, but hey, with conviction and some three-hour Netflix, it is nothing.
Can I just dye my hair blonde without bleach?
Yes, dye your hair blonde without bleaching if you have light hair color. However, if you have deeper hair color, bleach it before dyeing.
How long does it take to go from brown to blonde?
Bleaching, highlighting, and toning your brown hair into blonde takes approximately three hours.
How can I go from brown to blonde without bleach?
Bleaching turns your hair dull and lifeless. So, follow these home remedies to turn your hair blonde without bleaching.
• Mix lemon juice with conditioner. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Add a few spritzes to your hair. Later, step out in the sun for 30 to 45 minutes and dry the hair naturally.
• Mix two cups of distilled vinegar, one cup of raw honey, one tablespoon of olive oil, and one tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Apply the • mixture to your damp hair and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it overnight and rinse your hair in the morning.
• Brew chamomile tea and rinse your hair with it. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then, step out in the sun and let the hair dry.
How do I go from brown to blonde without green?
• Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo. Clarifying shampoo removes chlorine buildup and reduces the unwanted green tint.
• Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water. Rinse your hair with this mixture. The acidity of the vinegar neutralizes the green tones of the hair.
• Use a red toning shampoo to eliminate the green tones from your blonde hair.
Can I put the blonde dye on dark brown?
Yes. First, bleach your dark brown hair to achieve a lighter shade. Then, apply the blonde dye to gain a gorgeous blonde hair look.
How do I know if blonde hair will suit me?
People with fair skin tones that burn quickly look good in blonde hair. In addition, blonde hair suits people with light-colored eyes, such as blue or green eyes.