Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder that results in patchy hair loss and eventually leads to balding. The hair follicles get attacked by the white blood cells, causing the hair to fall out. Alopecia usually occurs due to the release of DHT that plays an essential role in hair loss. The condition becomes severe when the excess sebum blocks pores and prevents hair growth. Hence we have got for you the best solution for your hair fall problems. Here are 7 of the best shampoos made especially for those suffering from alopecia, postpartum hair loss, balding, and other scalp issues. These dermatologist-recommended shampoos for hair loss can improve blood circulation in the scalp and offer additional benefits.
Table Of Contents
Top 7 Best Hair-Growth Shampoos For Alopecia Areata
As the name suggests, this Nourish Beaute Vitamins Hair Growth Support Shampoo comprises key ingredients such as nourishing oils, keratin, amino acid, tea tree, green tea, caviar extracts, and vitamins. It can reduce the thinning of hair by 60%. Get thick hair with the restoration treatment provided by this shampoo. This shampoo is suitable for all hair types and ideal for individuals suffering from alopecia, balding, thyroid symptoms, etc. Clinically proven to be powerful with highly efficient properties, this is an excellent solution for your hair problems.
- Drugs and hormones-free
- Increases hair density
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Decreases hair loss
- Might cause scalp irritation
Improve the health of your hair with this Botanical Green Care hair growth shampoo. It promotes blood circulation in the scalp and encourages hair follicles to remain in its growth phase. Formulated with plant-based ingredients such as biotin, niacin, taurine, arginine, argan, apple, and grape stem cells, this high-quality shampoo stimulates the growth of hair follicles and reduces the suppression of hair. It also adds volume, shine, and thickness to your hair. Use this alopecia treatment shampoo to achieve sleek, smooth, and healthy hair without any side effects!
- Smells great
- Adds freshness to hair
- Natural and authentic ingredients
- No harsh chemicals or preservatives used
- Might have a tingling effect on the scalp
This RX4 Hair Loss Shampoo is infused with essential oil extracts, B-complex vitamin, coconut, aloe vera, tea tree oil, garlic, and rosemary. This product consists of nutrients that have DHT blocking properties and the ability to strengthen your hair. Restore shine and fullness in your hair with this shampoo that works well for people with alopecia, split ends, and dandruff. Prevent hair breakage, hair fall, and other scalp issues with this newly formulated shampoo.
- No drugs added
- Reduces hair loss by 50%
- For all hair types
- Safe for daily use
- Smells great
- Might dry out hair
This shampoo by Botanical Hair Growth Lab is formulated with ginger, saw palmetto, and argan oil. It cleanses your hair, improves scalp health, and provides hydration. This shampoo offers effective treatment for anti-DHT, alopecia, and postpartum hair loss. The thinning of hair gets reduced, and the growth phase gets stimulated as well. This product is known to promote cell division in the areas affected and also improves blood circulation on the scalp’s surface. The essential oils used in this shampoo also treat fungal infections and controls the accumulation of flakes and dandruff.
- Increases cellular repair
- Reduces stress
- Promotes blood circulation
- Brings dormant hair follicles back to life
- Blocks the enzyme that causes hair loss
- Has a high level of antioxidants
- May not be suitable for allergy-prone and sensitive scalp
This Thymuskin Forte hair care product is ideal for people experiencing hair shedding or thinning. This product is formulated with numerous vital nutrients that the hair and scalp highly require. This shampoo improves the health and appearance of your hair and prolongs the growth phase by inhibiting the enzyme that causes hair loss. It is a good shampoo for hair loss and contains twice the amount of thymus peptides than the original shampoo by Thymuskin, hence making it even better. This shampoo will nourish, replenish, reinforce, and strengthen your hair follicles.
- Enhances cell vitality
- Forms new hair cells
- Promotes the growth of existing follicles
- Increases hair follicular production
- Might not blend well in the hair due to its gel-like consistency.
This Zenotri Special Care shampoo is created to cure the hair loss problem you may have been struggling with. It minimizes scalp dryness, thanks to the perfect formulation of surfactants. It comprises 21 natural ingredients that provide a tremendous amount of nourishment to the scalp. This hair product for alopecia is formulated with primary components that include biotin, methanol, and copper peptide that accelerate hair growth.
- Nourishes the scalp
- Herbal fragrance
- No artificial fragrance or pigments
- Makes hair soft
- Cleans the hair and scalp
- Improves the health of hair within a short period
- May cause hair discoloration if not washed after application
Kadima Organic brings to you the most effective and beneficial 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that has antioxidant, anti-fungal, anti-bacteria, antiviral, and anti- inflammatory properties. It is infused with vitamins A and E and iron oxides that nourish your hair, remove excess oil on the scalp and hair without removing essential natural oils. This shampoo also improves the blood circulation and can detangle your hair too. It lathers well and gives a moisturizing effect too.
- Rejuvenate damaged hair
- Natural healing properties
- Stimulates hair growth
- Scalp nourishment
- Adds volume
- For all hair types
- Provides hydration
- It might give a tingling effect.
How To Choose A Shampoo For Alopecia Areata
A shampoo for alopecia should be chosen based on the ingredients; there should be no harsh chemicals used in the formula as it can further deteriorate the condition of the scalp. The natural ingredients should fight against the thinning of the hair, protect from heat and damage, and strengthen the hair.
- Ingredients: Look for products that don’t have silicone and sulfate in them. These are known to block the pores and interfere with new hair growth. Use a shampoo with ingredients that can cleanse the scalp and every hair strand without leaving any residue. Biotin, caffeine, saw palmetto, and aloe vera are some of the essential nutrients that improve the quality of hair.
- Frequency: Some products can irritate the scalp or cause redness and tingling effect. In such cases, it is advised to use the shampoo only 2-3 times in a week.
- Fragrance: Natural ingredients offer great aroma; this, in turn, makes one feel pleasant and smell fresh all day long.
Now that you know all about alopecia and the various shampoos mentioned above, you will now be able to purchase the best hair care treatments for your hair depending on the condition of the scalp, the type of hair, and the severity of the problem. Bid goodbye to hair thinning, balding, patchy hair, and hair breakage with the 7 best shampoos designed specially for individuals with alopecia areata. Grab the chance to improve your hair quality with these fantastic alopecia areata treatment shampoos that will cure all your problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you wash your hair if you have alopecia?
The number of times you wash your hair depends on the type of scalp you have. If your scalp is oily, it will need more regular washes to prevent the accumulation of dirt in the scalp. You are allowed to wash your hair as many times, depending on the demand of your hair. Keeping the scalp clean is more important. The overwashing or underwashing of hair leading to hair loss is a myth.
How can I stop alopecia areata?
It is an autosomal disease that cannot be cured entirely as there is an unknown cause behind the occurrence of this condition. That said, the appropriate use of the right shampoos can improve the condition of the hair.
Does alopecia improve?
Using the correct treatment on the hair does improve the condition, the bald patches might reduce, and for some people, it might keep recurring.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 6 Best Kinky-Curly Hair Products Of 2020 You Must Try! - November 26, 2020
- 11 Best-Smelling Dry Shampoos In 2020 You Should Try - November 26, 2020
- 10 Best Tea Tree Oil Shampoos For Dandruff – Reviews Of 2020 - November 24, 2020
- 10 Best Pink Hair Sprays You Will Absolutely Love! - November 23, 2020
- 7 Best ghd Flat Irons – Reviews Of 2020 - November 23, 2020