What is your favorite season of the year? Ice cream-laden summers spent frolicking in meadows and cozy winters spent looking forward to Christmas are all great, but nothing beats spring. This season is the best of both worlds and brings about new life in routines, fashion, and the general running of the world. While you’re busy swapping your last-season clothes for some fresh fits this season, we urge you not to forget the shoes. Often the last thing we put on, there’s no denying that the right footwear can totally make or break your entire ensemble
But what shoes do women wear in the spring? This season calls for comfortable shoes while still giving your feet the necessary protection from the weather. They should be warm but not so much that your feet break a sweat and most important of all — they should be highly fashionable. Our list of the best women’s spring shoes brings together many trends that have been hot over the decades. Read below to select from a wide variety of colors, styles, and designs as you prep your closet for spring.
11 Best Women’s Spring Shoes That Add A Spring To Your Step!
Dr. Scholl’s spring shoes for women are created sustainably with microsuede and linings made with recycled bottles, making them super comfortable. The slip-on fit is aided by a padded collar and 2-stretch gore panels for added flexibility. Anatomical cushioning is provided by the unique Insole Technology and a memory foam so that your feet are well-supported through any movement. Lightweight with a tab accent at the heels and accompanying white rubber sidewalls and arch support, these closed-toe spring shoes for wide feed will match well paired with casual spring outfits.
- Slip-on fit
- Flexible and lightweight
- Offer cushioning and support
- Tab accents at heel
- Available in 20 colors
- Might not be breathable
Ablanczoom’s springtime shoes are made of cowhide leather that lends them a superior softness. With a floral print that embodies the season, this pair of footwear has a memory foam insole that provides bedding for running errands all day long. The non-slip rubber outsole is also wear-resistant, giving you good traction on all surfaces. Having the ability to bend, these comfortable spring shoes are super flexible on your feet.
- Available in 10 colors
- Flexible and bendable
- Soft and lightweight
- Non-slip rubber outsole
- Memory foam cushioning
- Might lack arch support
DADAWEN’s casual spring shoes are made of 100% leather featuring a retro British brogue design that looks elegant. The chunky rubber non-skid outsole platform also adds a bit of height and keeps you stable on slippery surfaces. Thin laces for adjustable closure combined with a hole and trim design adds to the classic round toe make. DADAWEN’s spring shoes for ladies absorb sweat and are water-resistant to keep you dry while pairing with all your outfits. Suitable for all seasons, you can wear these hi-top sneakers whenever you please!
- Chunky anti-skid outsole
- Glossy finish
- Elegant brogue design
- Platform adds height
- Available in 11 colors
- Might make a noise when walked in
Clarks offers women’s spring flats made using advanced construction techniques and contemporary materials. Delivering perfection, it comes with a responsibly sourced full-grain leather upper with a dependable rubber sole. A slightly stacked heel lends a classy look to these loafers that have cushion soft padding and fit perfectly with arch support. This is supplemented with a unique OrthoLite footbed that works to keep your feet dry while you walk around exploring the town in this weather. Beige in color, we think these shoes that are tailor-made for the modern world are a great addition to your collection.
- Available in 8 colors
- Stacked heel
- Soft padding
- Moisture-wicking footbed
- Anti-slip outsole
- Some might find the toe box to be narrow
DailyShoes offers women’s spring sneakers with a porous design that allows airflow to keep your feet breathable when you walk, run, or jog. Expertly crafted with a smooth upper with braid details, this slip-on footwear is thick-soled for great traction and enhanced stability. These everyday spring shoes give you ease in wearing and removing as they don’t have any pesky laces or straps. In addition, the soles make walking easy and comfortable while the traction ensures you are always stable on your feet.
- Breathable with perforations
- Smooth upper
- Thick rubber outsole
- Available in 14 colors
- Soft cushioning
- Might not have enough padding around the ankles
Clarks fashionable spring shoes are made with premium leather and feature soft inner linings. A removable OrthoLite footbed is present, which can be detached to slip in your orthotics if preferred. The rubber outsole not only helps with traction but also absorbs impact when you land. As every woman needs a pair of white spring season shoes, these will look trendy paired with some skinny jeans. In addition, your soon-to-be favorite spring shoes also has a removable insole and a lace closure that ensures comfort all day long.
- Soft inner lining
- Removable footbed
- Outsole for traction
- Available in black and white
- Some may find the shoe to be stiff
Keds’ ladies’ shoes for spring have a canvas upper body with 4 eyelets for a lace closure. On the inside, a soft and breathable lining is joined by the Dream Foam footbed for maximum cushioning and comfort. Minimalistic in style, this footwear has a textured and flexible rubber outsole to give you a great grip when you’re going about town. Available in 5 gorgeous and contemporary colors, these shoes with a synthetic insole are a must-have in your wardrobe.
- Available in 5 colors
- Lace closure
- Soft and breathable inner lining
- Textured outsole
- Anti-slip grip
- Might not be ideal for wide feet
No shoe collection is complete without a pair of classic flats, and these by FEVERSOLE are made with woven mesh. Making for great spring work shoes, the pointy-toe design is flexible without stretching out of shape. The anti-slip rubber sole coupled with a breathable inner keeps your feet well-protected and supported without restricting your range of motion. Lightweight with a high-quality construction, you can add an element of class to any fit you pair these with.
- Available in 4 colors
- Anti-slip rubber sole
- Mesh upper
- Might be too narrow for some
SMajong’s girls’ spring shoes are constructed with soft PU leather that gives them a vintage look. They are so flexible that they can be bent and will still retain shape without any deformation. With a non-slip TPR rubber sole, you can find ease on any terrain sans slippage. The insole features holes for breathability, so your feet are not a sweaty mess after some movement.
- Retains shape
- Non-slip rubber sole
- Available in 8 colors
- Some may find the inner lining to bunch up
These colorful spring shoes are skillfully handcrafted with a soft spike rubber sole for superior grip. With a luxurious-looking leather upper, these footwear only need to be slipped into, giving you ease of wear and removal. Stitched durably with some hardware detailing, these shoes will fetch you multiple compliments both off and on-course. With 15 colors available you can match them up with your golfing outfits.
- Available in 15 colors
- Slip-on closure
- Leather upper
- Grippy rubber sole
- Might be too roomy for some
Clarks’ popular spring shoes have a suede upper coupled with padded collars to give your ankles ample support. The lace-up closure offers a snug fit so you don’t have to deal with ill-fitting footwear that threatens to come loose or restricts blood flow. An OrthoLite cushioned footbed is present for soft bedding while the thick and grippy rubber outsoles help with maximum traction.
- 2 color options available
- Padded collars
- Adjustable laces
- Cushioned footbed
- Grippy rubber outsole
- Some may find the forefoot area to be narrow
Now that we’ve looked at some of the cutest spring shoes you can sport this season, let’s learn how you can pick the right pair out for yourself.
How To Choose The Right Spring Shoes For Women
- Spring is a season that is warmer than the summer but not as cold as winter. So you need to keep an eye out for breathable inner linings with mesh uppers so that your feet can remain dry. At the same time, the shoes should offer you well-rounded protection from the weather in case of rain by repelling water.
- It’s also important that you take into consideration what occasion you’re going to be dressing for. Ballet flats or dress shoes are ideal for work, heels go great with cocktail parties, and sneakers provide comfort when you’re out and about running errands. Sandals are good footwear to take out in spring but might not be the best worn to a business meeting. This is why you need to assess where you will be going in your spring shoes.
- Spring is the perfect time for trends and every year witnesses some crazy ones. However, you must keep in mind to purchase shoes that are timeless as you won’t have to discard them once they’re out of trend. A pair that goes with most of your outfits is not only versatile but won’t burn a hole in your wallet in the long run.
- You can select bright and sunny colors for the spring season but also ensure that they aren’t tacky or gaudy. As with every piece in your wardrobe, footwear must be able to be paired with most clothing you own. Decent and sober colors like beige, pinks, reds, mustards, and pastels are a good choice and can be rotated throughout the months.
- When it comes to footwear, comfort triumphs over everything. Look for soft linings, padding near the ankles, superior foam cushioning, a roomy toe box, and a thick rubber outsole. If you find laces or straps to be annoying, choose shoes that are slip-on and still functional.
- If you suffer from any foot-related conditions such as neuropathy, overpronation, or plantar fasciitis, it is important to choose footwear to accommodate them. A lot of issues can be taken care of to some extent with the correct kind of shoes. Footwear with optimum cushioning and support on the sides, at the forefoot and heel, and the bottom are ideal. Deep and wide shoes are a good option if you happen to wear custom-made orthotics recommended by your doctor. Keep in mind to also check the arch support provided by the shoes you choose so as to help conditions like ball of foot pain or flat feet. While staying on-trend is fun, it shouldn’t come at the expense of your health.
- You also need to pair the right shoes with the right outfits to look presentable. A suit calls for dress shoes or oxfords while a casual T-shirt and jeans look sporty with a pair of sneakers. Similarly, strappy sandals look good with a sundress while boots pack in a punch with skinny jeans and a cardigan.
Spring is perhaps the most awaited time of year for most people. If you also hate staying wrapped up in blankets in the winter or kicking said blankets off in the summer, you’re not alone. We believe that one of the best ways to prepare for any season is to have a complete wardrobe upgrade. While you can have all your runway trends down, don’t forget the best women’s spring shoes, as they are precisely what you need to complete your ensemble. As this month boasts the ability to get away with any shoe, dress up won’t be all that difficult. You can pair up with some oxfords, loafers, or even sneakers and call it a day while making a statement.