9 Best Transfer-Proof Foundations Of 2023 That Are Here To Stay!
Make your skin look radiant and natural with long-lasting makeup essentials.
Wearing a transfer-proof foundation is a dream for everyone. Nobody would want their facial impression stuck to anything they bump on! How embarrassing! The struggle for keeping your makeup to yourself is real, and no matter how hard you try, a single dab of a finger on your face is enough to remove the makeup and make you look plastered. If you have been looking for a foundation that sticks to your face and does not dust or melt away, we have something you might be interested in. Our list of 9 foundations is recommended by stylists and professionals to make your skin feel radiant and natural no matter what you do! They will stay the way you apply them, and no matter what activities you engage in, they will not give up on you! How amazing is that! Now Now you don’t have to rush to the washroom to do touchups every now and then.
In This Article
Top 9 Transfer-Proof Foundations That Totally Deserve All The Hype!
1. Best Matte Finish: Revlon New Look Colorstay Full Cover Foundation
A long day of work calls for a long-lasting foundation, and this product is precisely that! The Revlon Colorstay foundation gives you full coverage and works as a smudge-proof foundation for a total of 24 hours! Foundation can look cakey with time, especially on oily or combination skin; however, this sweat and transfer-proof foundation has a matte formula that will ensure it stays intact. The stand-out feature is the luxurious mousse texture that blends easily and gives you a flawless and natural finish! Ideal for oily skin, you must grab this one right away!
- Long-lasting formula
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Provides full coverage
- Matte foundation
- Lightweight, transfer-proof foundation
- Might not be the best choice for dry skin
2. Best Non-Cakey Finish : CoverGirl Trublend Matte Made Foundation
If you’re someone who loves the no-makeup makeup look, this is the one for you! The Covergirl foundation is a melting pot of all things good with a unique Flexi-hold technology that gives you durability and comfort. This foundation won’t stick to the skin; instead, it forms a film above the skin, allowing the matte powder to absorb oil while keeping the skin fresh for up to 16 hours. Even with its matte finish, this foundation does not dry out the skin, and in fact, it keeps it hydrated throughout its wear time! Another exciting feature is that this foundation comes in 40 shades, so finding your perfect foundation match would not be a problem for this Covergirl foundation!
- Foundation that stays on the skin
- Lasts up to 16 hours
- Matte finish
- Doesn’t dry out the skin or give a cakey finish
- A wide range of shades to choose from
- Might take time to blend into the skin
3. Best Vegan Formula: Wunder2 Last & Foundation
Has dry skin been troubling your makeup? Push your skin worries away with the Wunder2 foundation! Enriched with the goodness of hyaluronic acid, it has an added benefit of wearability that makes this one an excellent transfer-resistant foundation you cannot miss out on. It lasts for up to 24 hours and keeps your skin hydrated and dewy throughout the day! Along with being a hydrating foundation, it is a non-transfer foundation, smudge-free, and water-resistant. We don’t think it gets any better than this. For all the ones with dry skin, this is the one you’ve been looking for!
- Lasts for up to 24 hours
- Keeps the skin hydrated
- Smudge-free foundation
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- Lightweight formula
- Might not give you full-coverage
4. Best Cruelty-Free Formula: Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Longwear Liquid Foundation
In case you’re a coverage fanatic like us, we think we’ve found your ideal match! The Urban Decay stick foundation gives you full, natural-looking coverage like no other, and a little product can go a long way. Here’s a foundation that offers you makeup that doesn’t come off quickly, lasting up to 12 hours while being a sweat and transfer-proof foundation. It has a matte finish; however, it doesn’t just encapsulate your face making it look flat and dry. The pigment is so rich and the texture buildable, making it a great makeup base!
- Long-lasting formula
- Does not make your skin look flat or dry
- Highly pigmented
- Comes in 24 shades
- Waterproof foundation
- Due to high pigmentation, it might take a while to blend and set
5. Best Long Lasting: Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Liquid Foundation Active Wear
The Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Liquid Foundation is an extremely long-lasting foundation that is transfer-proof, water-proof, and sweat-proof. It gives full coverage and a matte finish. The oil-free formula is non-comedogenic and is best suited for people with oily or acne-prone skin. This quick-drying foundation comes in 24 different shades that glide on the skin smoothly and feels light as air.
- Lasts for 30 hours on the skin
- Sweat-, water-, transfer-resistant
- Suits oily and combination skin
- Quick drying formula
- Can feel dry on certain skin types
6. Best Anti-Pollution Option: Cover FX Power Play Foundation
Have you had breakouts because of your foundation? Worry no more, as we have the perfect foundation for you! The Cover FX foundation is enriched with fermented algae extract that protects against free radicals and keeps oiliness and breakouts at bay. With a weightless and matte finish, this foundation is all set to give you a blemish-free look! While it protects the skin from pollutants, it also remains non-comedogenic, making it a match made in heaven for oily and acne-prone skin. This non-transfer foundation doesn’t smudge as well and stays put all day. Buy the Cover FX foundation and forget your breakout worries!
- Smudge-proof foundation
- Protects your skin from pollutants
- Weightless formula
- Works well for acne-prone skin
- It might take more effort to blend it into the skin
7. Best Nourishing Formula: M.A.C Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation
The M.A.C Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation is a nourishing cream foundation that can give you a satin-finish base that can last up to 24 hours. The oil-free formula suits all skin types. This foundation gives buildable but lightweight coverage and can even be used as a concealer. It blends smoothly and seamlessly into the skin making your skin look flawless.
- Nourishing formula
- Gives medium to full coverage
- Can be expensive
8. Best Hydrating Formula: Make Up For Ever Professional-Paris Ultra HD Foundation
Are you tired of shade ranges that aren’t inclusive enough? We promise you that this product won’t disappoint! With an extravagant range of 50 shades, you are bound to find the perfect match for yourself! Its weightless formula has been made to feel just like your own skin. Infused with the benefits of hyaluronic acid, it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and supple. And that’s not all; this foundation does not stick to your skin or dry it out. The ultra HD foundation was formulated to blur any imperfections to give you the perfect studio finish. This product is too good to be true, and we recommend you get your hands on it before it’s too late!
- Weightless formula
- Wide shade range
- Hydrating formula
- Does not leave the skin feeling dry
- It might not give full coverage with ageing skin
9. Best Unscented Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup Foundation
This product needs no introduction, but in short, this would be the queen of pillow-proof foundations. With over 55 shades, this product has conquered the complexity of skin color undertones. It also comes with 24-hour long wearability and is possibly the best non-transfer foundation out there. Its lightweight formula blends in seamlessly and feels like your natural skin. Along with this, it is also non-comedogenic and oil-free and does not seep into fine lines or pores. It gives you medium-full coverage and has a matte finish, and to its advantage, this foundation is also buildable. If there is a foundation in the market that you could buy and trust blindly, it would be this one!
- Wide shade range
- Matte finish with a buildable formula
- Lightweight formula
- Easily blendable
- Flawless, pillow-proof makeup look
- Slightly expensive
The best transfer-proof foundations keep your makeup intact and do not stain your clothes. There are many transfer-proof foundations available in the market. However, you should know how to choose the right one for your skin type, tone, and makeup specifications. To help you make the right decision, we have put together a list of things to keep in mind while buying the ideal transfer-proof foundation for yourself.
What To Consider When Buying Transfer-Proof Foundations
- Lightweight: Look for foundations that are lightweight and would not feel heavy on your skin. Many lightweight foundations offer great coverage and blend well while hiding the acne and blemishes on your skin.
- Skin Type: Identify your skin type before buying any transfer-proof foundation. For instance, if you have dry skin, use a water-based foundation, for oily skin pick a matte or velvet finish foundation which reduces the appearance of sebum and offers an even coverage.
- Long Lasting: Transfer-proof foundations are long-lasting because they do not smudge or fade away easily. The transfer-proof foundation should last for more than 12 hours and not compel you to touch up your makeup throughout the day.
- Sweat- And Oil-Proof: Sweat is the number one enemy of foundation, so make sure that your foundation withstands sweat and humidity. The best way to test if a product is sweat-proof is to apply it in a well-ventilated area (such as at home, inside your bathroom, or the kitchen) and see if you end up with oil on your face or body. If this happens, simply find another product.
- Unscented: You should avoid scented foundations because scents tend to trigger skin irritation. Also, many fragrances are not properly screened for use on the skin, so make sure you avoid products with strong smells to lower your risk of developing a reaction.
- Hydrating Formula: A water-based foundation keeps the skin moisturized. It is very important for people with dry skin since it is lightweight and blends easily to offer a natural look. It also improves the skin texture, and radiance while providing firmness to the skin.
- Cruelty-Free Formula: While people have different preferences, it is good to buy cruelty-free products. There are some great cruelty-free foundations, but it can be difficult to know for sure whether each product you buy is completely animal-friendly. To make sure you are purchasing a cruelty-free formula, research about the brand and their policies.
Now that we know the best non-transfer foundations in the market, here’s a checklist to make sure you’re choosing the right foundation!
Checklist To Choose The Perfect Transfer-Proof Foundation
- Skin type
Knowing your skin type is crucial not only when it comes to makeup but any other product that you might use on your face. Especially with non-transfer foundation, we’re looking at long hours under makeup, with sweat, pollution and moisture playing a role. For those with oily skin, make sure you go for a lightweight formula with non-comedogenic ingredients. There are quite a few that stay on the skin without seeping into pores or fine lines, this would be the best kind of foundation for anyone with oily-acne prone skin. For those with dry skin, mattifying foundations are not the best option. There are many hydrating foundations with hyaluronic acid that would look great for someone with dry skin.
Every non-transfer foundation essentially lasts for long, however, the wearability of a foundation depends on how you use it. For example, there are people who wear foundation for an entire day, including the gym. These people would require a sweat and transfer-proof foundation that also lasts long without smudging or melting away. You might be someone who has to travel a lot for work, exposing your skin to dirt and more importantly pollutants. This would require having a foundation that protects you from pollutants and lasts longer, also if it has SPF that’s an added benefit.
There are foundations that give you full coverage with just a little amount of product. And then there are foundations that you can build into the kind of coverage you want. These buildable foundations are extremely flexible and work according to your needs. If it’s a casual day out in the sun, just a thin layer of highly pigmented foundation would do. In case you’re going all out then you can layer your foundation to give you a full-faced makeup look.
Infographic: Key Ingredients To Look For While Buying A Foundation
Buying the right foundation can be quite a challenge. From choosing the perfect formula to matching the correct shade, it can either make or break your makeup game. However, learning about the ingredients in a foundation can help you pick the perfect match for your skin. Read the infographic below to know what key ingredients you must look for and what you must avoid when you go foundation shopping the next time.
Transfer-proof foundation can keep your makeup from melting away completely! These foundations have a matte formula that prevents excess oil from ruining your favorite makeup look. Transfer-proof foundations glide easily and blend super smoothly with the other makeup products. Lightweight and smudge-free, these foundations are easy to use and don’t dry the skin out. While choosing the best transfer-proof foundations, you should select the ones that are long-lasting and wouldn’t need you to reapply them frequently. Moreover, it is also better to opt for foundations that don’t make your face look creasy or cakey. Transfer-proof foundations can be found in a wide range of shades. Mind your skin type and tone while choosing the same.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Chaitra Krishnan, is an avid makeup enthusiast who loves reviewing different makeup products. She has curated a list of the best transfer-proof foundations after researching, checking reviews online, and trying some of the products herself. Her list is perfect for those looking for long-lasting, transfer-proof, anf full-coverage foundations to last throughout the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove transfer-proof foundations?
Use a makeup-removing wipe or cleansing oil followed by a foaming cleanser to remove transfer-resistant foundation from your face.
How should I apply a transfer-proof foundation?
Apply your transfer-proof foundations just like any other foundation.
Step 1: Apply primer on a cleansed, toned, and moisturized face.
Step 2: Use a transfer-resistant foundation so that your makeup stays on all day long. You can do this with a foundation brush, a sponge, or your fingers, depending on the product consistency and your comfort levels.
What are the best transfer-proof foundations to cover face warts?
To cover warts, look for foundations that offer buildable and full coverage. The CoverGirl Trublend Matte Made foundation and the Revlon New Look Colorstay Full Cover Foundation work best to cover face warts.
- Foundations For Dark Skin Tones
- Foundations For Acne-Prone Skin
- Non-Oxidizing Foundations For Oily And Dry Skin Types