Do you often worry that you are ageing too fast? Have you ever wanted to slow down ageing so that you can look much younger than your peers? As humans, we all want to stay young forever! Though that is not possible, we can actually slow down the ageing process and stay young for long!
And how can you do that? This post deals with some super foods and recipes that have such properties that they can make you look younger and radiant for long! Want to check out what those are? Then read on!
Anti Ageing Foods:
Some of the best anti-ageing foods have antioxidant properties and contain healthy fats, minerals, vitamins and phyto-nutrients. Following are some of those!
[ Read: Homemade Tips For Anti Ageing ]
1. Anti-Oxidant Teas:
Green tea and other herbal teas like white tea, oolong tea, rooibos tea, and black tea contain antioxidants called polyphenols. These protect body cells from free radical damage.
This provides anti- inflammatory Omega 3 fats which slow down the body’s clock.
3. Green Leafy Vegetables:
Like Spinach, Kale, Swiss chard, beet greens and cabbage provide important nutrients to support our health and slow down ageing processes.
This sea vegetable is a rich source of anti-oxidants including polythenols which prevents pre-mature ageing.
These contain powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanins which help maintain muscle cells and prevent cancer.
6. Turmeric And Garlic:
These herbs contain anti-oxidants and nutrients that slow the ageing process.
Now, coming to the interesting part! Following is the list of ten super-recipes that delicious to taste and slow down the aging process as well. Check them out!
1. Lemon Water With Turmeric:
This is a healing and anti-ageing drink, containing turmeric which is a powerful antioxidant and carcinogen. Plus, it has the properties to fight harmful bacteria.
- Warm water- 1 cup
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- Lemon juice- ½ lemon
- Cinnamon – a pinch (to make the drink more anti- inflammatory with blood sugar regulating properties).
- Honey – to taste
- Heat water and add turmeric, lemon juice and honey.
- Stir and drink while water is hot.
This way you will utilize all anti ageing benefits of turmeric.
2. Blueberry And Chia Anti-Aging Smoothie:
Blueberries, especially the wild- grown ones, are nutritionally rich. They have a number of anti-aging benefits as they are rich in fiber, minerals, and the vitamins A, C, E & K. These also have lower glycemic index than many fruits, so are good for diabetics.
- Coconut water- 1 cup
- Chia seeds – 2 tbsp
- Spinach powder- 1 scoop
- Virgin coconut oil– 1 tbsp
- Frozen Blueberries – ¼ cup
- Frozen banana -1/3
- Add the chia seeds, coconut water, coconut oil and spinach powder into a blender and blend.
- Add the frozen banana and blueberries. Blend.
- Add ice as desired to thicken.
- Pour and enjoy!
This recipe is ideal for breakfast.
[ Read: Benefits Of Red Wine For Anti Aging ]
3. Cherry Shake:
Cherries are great for skin due to their anti ageing properties.
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Flax Oil- 2tbsp
- Cherries- 1 cup
- Spinach- 2-3 cups
- Banana- ½ a fruit
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
You have a cherry shake ready.
4. Berry And Avocado Shake:
Berries and avocados are both great anti-ageing fruits. We suggest that you add Flaxseeds to give your skin a rich glow as they contain Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries- 1 cup
- Avocado- ¼ th of a fruit
- Ground Flaxseed- 2tbsp
- Add all ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- Your smoothie is prepared. Pour into tall glasses and enjoy.
5. Papaya Smoothie:
Papayas are excellent skin foods. They contain beta-carotene which protects the skin from harmful UV rays and cancer. You can add carrots and oranges to improve its anti-ageing properties.
- Papaya- 3 slices
- Carrot- 3 medium pieces Orange – 1
- Fresh Ginger -1 small piece
- Add all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- You have your smoothie ready. Pour in glasses and serve.
6. Green Smoothie:
This smoothie has scores of vegetables to give you that anti-ageing punch.
- Organic Celery- 2 stalks
- Organic Lettuce- 1 head, chopped
- Spinach – 7 cups(chopped)
- Apple- 1 chopped
- Banana- 1
- Fresh Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp
- Water- 1 ½ cups
- Add lettuce into the blender and start blending at a very low speed.
- Add celery and apple when the mixture is smooth.
- Add the banana and lemon juice in the end and serve.
7. Cherry, Pomegranate Popsicle:
Not only does this recipe help you look younger, but it helps you stay younger too.
- Cherry juice 4 tbsp
- Pomegranate juice- 4 tbsp
- Carrot juice- 4 tbsp
- Combine all the juices together.
- Take out your ‘popsicle’ moulds.
- Pour the mixture and freeze for a healthy dessert.
8. Detox Tea:
This recipe helps you banish wrinkles with to the goodness of ginger.
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Water- ½ cup
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper
- Put the small piece of ginger in pot.
- Add water and boil on a slow flame.
- Pour it into a mug.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Now add the cayenne pepper, honey and lemon juice for taste.
- Serve immediately.
9. Beet Shake:
- Beet – half medium sized
- Water- 2 cups
- Kale Leaf- 1
- Chop off the roots of the beet and make pieces.
- Now remove the stem of the kale leaf.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix till smooth.
- Pour in glasses and drink.
[ Read: Best Anti Aging Herbs ]
10. Coconut Kale Smoothie:
Kale is one of the best anti ageing foods that helps in lowering cholesterol levels, strengthening bones, detoxifying the body and in the prevention of cancer.
- Kale leaf- 1 cup
- Coconut Milk- 1 ½ cups
- Cherries- 1 cup
- Ground Flaxseed – 1tbsp
- Frozen Banana- 1
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Coconut extract- ¼ tbsp
- Add all ingredients in a blender and mix.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
We hope these recipes deal with your ageing issues! Do you know of any other anti ageing recipes? Share with us in the comments section!
- Best Anti Ageing Moisturizers Available In India – Our Top 10
- 8 Simple Homemade Tips For Anti Ageing
- 3 Types Of Anti-Aging Pills And Their Benefits
- 5 Best Anti Aging Herbs
- Best Anti Aging Therapies In India – Our Top 10 Picks
Latest posts by Chetana (see all)
- What Happens 10 Minutes Before A Heat Stroke? - December 15, 2015
- How To Use Castor Oil To Remove Moles? - July 7, 2015
- Skin Gym Face Fitness For A Younger And Healthy Face - June 25, 2015
- 10 Best Health Benefits Of Chicory Root - June 24, 2015
- Is Coconut Oil An Effective Remedy To Treat Candida? - June 22, 2015