All girls love makeup. When you start with makeup, always start with eye makeup. Adding colors on your eyes and making them pretty are such a lovely task, removing eye makeup can be quite a task!:
Following are the points to keep in mind while doing eye makeup:
1. Always be gentle on your eyes than the rest of your face. Eye and the area surrounding it are very delicate compared to your facial skin.
2. Do not tug at your skin and eye lashes.
3. Use cotton of good quality. You don’t want to catch an eye infection.
4. Always keep your eye makeup brushes and products sanitized.
5. Avoid sharing kohl and mascara wands – these have immediate access to your eye.
[ Read: Tamil Nadu Bridal Makeup ]
Let’s move on to how to remove eye makeup now.
Choose a good quality eye makeup remover. If you are not using too much makeup, you can use baby shampoo to remove eye makeup too.
[ Read: How To Make Your Eyes Look Younger ]
While using an eye makeup remover:
1. Always remove all your makeup before you wash your face.
2. Take a cotton ball and wet it thoroughly with the remover.
3. Start working on one eye at a time.
4. Start with the upper lid and swipe the cotton ball a couple of times exerting minimum pressure.
5. If maximum gunk has come off, use another cotton ball to remove the remains of the upper lid makeup.
6. Repeat the same with the other eye.
7. Use a fresh cotton ball soaked in eye makeup remover to give a final cleansing.
8. Now move on to the lashes and kohl part.
9. Be careful while doing this as too much of the makeup remover might burn your eyes.
10. You can use a cotton swab/ear bud to reach the inner most corner of your eye.
11. Use as much as the remover and cotton as required to thoroughly remove all the makeup from your eyes.
12. Now remove the rest of the makeup from your face.
13. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face.
14. Dab on some toner to close the pores.
15. Use adequate moisturizer to pamper your skin.
16. You can also dab on some under eye cream to provide some relief to your eyes.
[ Read: Glitter Eye Make up ]
While using baby shampoo:
1. Remove off makeup from the rest of your face.
2. Splash water on your face concentrating on your eye.
3. Pour some baby shampoo on to your palm and work out a rich lather.
4. Apply this on your eye and make some to and fro motions.
5. Splash water again to remove the soap content.
6. Repeat if required.
7. Wash your face using a mild face wash.
8. Follow your CTM routine – it’s very important to use a toner post washing your face, as it helps close the pores and makes skin healthier. A toner is also known to reduce blemishes.
9. Dab on a good moisturizer.
10. An under eye cream makes the skin supple and help you avoid eye bags and dark circles.
Remember though, the baby shampoo might not be effective where long stay eye makeup products have been used.
Vaseline can also be used to remove eye makeup, but the waxy feel that it leaves behind requires further extra cleansing. Just swipe across a cotton ball smeared with Vaseline on the makeup and cleanse as usual.
Olive oil and almond oil can also be used like make up removers, but they’ll sting the eye if they get in. This is one of the best solutions to the question of how to remove eye makeup naturally.
These are some safe and popular methods of eye makeup removal. Hope you would try these methods next time while removing your eye makeup. Shoot a comment!
[ Read: How To Get Over a Breakup ]
If You Enjoyed This Post, Sign Up For Newsletter
(And get your daily dose of Beauty & Wellness tips straight to your inbox)
Latest posts by Namita (see all)
- 6 Effective Ways To Handle Stress To Keep Asthma At Bay - December 15, 2014
- 4 Best Ways Tamarind Helps You To Lose Weight - November 11, 2014
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Ab Crunches To Get A Flat Belly - September 18, 2014
- 7 Useful Tips To Help You Buy The Best “Artificial Eyebrows” - September 16, 2014