No one wants to have yellow, brittle, and infected nails. You can avoid this problem with the best antifungal nail polishes listed in our article. The treatment for nail fungus can go on and on for days, and it is not an infection that you can ignore. This is when the antifungal nail polishes come in handy. They allow you to hide the infection without causing any further harm to your nails. These lacquers are available in colored and colorless formulas that can reduce fungus growth. But finding a suitable nail polish for this condition is hard. Not for you! Simply browse our article and pick your favorite antifungal nail polish. Swipe up!
Read on to know more!
In This Article
Our Top 5 Picks Of The Best Anti-Fungal Nail Polishes
If you are suffering from nail fungus, it is highly recommended that you choose organic and natural nail paint to prevent your nails from further damage. This non-toxic nail kit from Dr.’s Remedy brings you 3 vibrant nail polish shades. This nail paint checks all the boxes as it is strengthening, organic, non-toxic, lasting, and is enriched with ingredients like tea tree oil, biotin, garlic bulb extracts, and lavender for preventing infections.
- A lightweight and breathable coat that dries off quickly
- Offers shine and prevents breakage
- Organic and non-toxic nail paint with anti-bacterial and antifungal ingredients
- Cruelty-free product
- The nail paint chips within a few days of application
- Very thick consistency
Pamper your nails with this antifungal and vibrant bubble-gum pink nail polish! This nail paint is infused with undecylenic acid that prevents fungal growth and keeps your nails safe. Its unique chip-resistant formula makes your nails look beautiful for days. The best part is that this nail paint will shine through, without frequent touch-ups. This formulation is free from chemicals and toxins so you can safely use it on your infected nails. For a thorough review of the product, have a look at this YouTuber’s video.
- Infused with undecylenic acid for better protection against fungus
- Infused with natural ingredients
- Smooth application
- Runny consistency
If you are drawn towards the pretty shades of purple, this purple orchid shimmery nail lacquer will be your best friend! It is free from formaldehyde, resins, camphor, and such harmful ingredients and is formulated to keep your nails safe. This professional-grade, non-toxic nail polish is long-lasting and chip-resistant, so you can wear it for days without worrying about touch-ups.
- Infused with botanical grapefruit seed extracts to prevent fungus
- Works well on cracked, thin, stained, or peeling nails
- Improves the appearance of nails gradually
- Offers smooth application and has a medium consistency
- Takes long to dry
Not all the antifungal nail polishes are long-lasting and durable, and this is where Dr.’s Remedy saves the day! It brings to you a topcoat that seals your nail paint and makes it last for weeks. You can apply it on the base coat or directly on your nails to hide the fungus or white sports and protect the nails from further damage. This natural gloss is made using natural ingredients that soothe the infected area and protect the nails.
- Can be used as top and base coat for both, fingernails and toenails
- Made using organic antifungal ingredients
- Offers a great shine and prevents nail breakage
- Repairs damaged cells
- Does not have a strong aroma
- Very thick and does not apply smoothly
NovaNailPLUS Powerful Antifungal Agent treats the nail from onychomycosis and prevents it from spreading. Fungal infection in toenails is prevalent, and to help you deal with the infection, this base coat comes with 1% artemisia tridentata extracts and 4% melaleuca alternifolia oil to stop it from spreading. This base coat quickly penetrates the nail bed and prevents further spread of the infection. It offers a clean, shiny glow to the nails and works great as an antifungal treatment.
- Infused with antifungal ingredients
- Can be used as a base coat and nail polish
- Free from chemicals, toxins, and resins
- Helpful in treating fungus, yeast, and infections
Now that we have seen the best antifungal nail polishes, let’s know more about them.
What Is Nail Fungus
Nail fungus is an infection caused due to overgrowth of fungus in, around or, under the nails. It causes the nail to thicken, crumble, and break. It may also cause a foul odor, degraded appearance, and little pain.
Is Nail Fungus Dangerous
Generally, nail fungus is not dangerous if treated correctly and on time. However, severe cases of nail fungus can lead to pain and thickening of nails. It may also cause a bad smell, distorted nails, and can lead to permanent damage to the nails due to the spread of infection.
How To Use Antifungal Nail Polish
Using an antifungal nail polish is a great way to treat fungus on nails. Here are a few steps to do so:
- Before applying the nail polish, cut and trim the nails as much as possible.
- These nail polishes consist of growth-inhibiting ingredients and, thus, should be applied once or twice a week.
- Before applying a second layer, it is crucial to remove the first layer using an alcohol swab.
- Use a colorless nail polish as a base coat and apply any colored antifungal nail paint as a
Tips For Treating Fungal Nails
Here are a few tips for treating fungal nails:
- Make sure that you use topical gels and serums to cleanse and treat your nails while using the antifungal nail polishes
- Cut and trim the nails to prevent breakage and further spread of infection
- Use nail lacquers with amorolfine as it prevents the spread of fungus and fights against fungi, yeast, and molds
- Apply the nail lacquer twice a week regularly for 12 months to repair the nails
- Before applying any product, clean the nails thoroughly and dry the surface
- Also, use sterile cotton buds on the nails to prevent contamination
- Prevent exposure to extremely damp condition and choose correct breathable footwear to avoid pain
- Maintain a regular foot-care routine, wear antimicrobial shoes and avoid nail trauma to heal the nails fast
- Also, make sure that you do not share your nail polish or clippers with other people
Nail fungus is a common nail condition that changes the appearance of nails. It causes yellow or white spots under the tip of fingernails. And it may take over a while to fade away. So in such conditions, you can rely on the best anti-fungal nail polishes to hide the nail infections. These nail polishes are safe on your nails, and they also reduce fungus growth. In addition, these nail polishes are free from chemicals and toxins. They protect your nails from damage, prevent nail breakage, and offer clear shine to the nails. Lightweight nail polish that offers a breathable coat dry easily and protects your nails.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Chaitra Krishnan, is a makeup enthusiast who loves researching and curating safe and clean makeup products. She consulted a cosmetologist to find the best antifungal nail polishes that will help treat and hide fungal nail infections. She also went through hundreds of online reviews to ensure that the products mentioned in the article will help manage the condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does antifungal nail polish work?
Yes, antifungal nail polishes are infused with antibacterial and antifungal ingredients that not only prevent the fungus from spreading but will also help in healing the nails. It can be used as a treatment for fighting fungus, although it is a time-consuming option compared to the other treatment options.
Can I wear nail polish if I have toenail fungus?
It is recommended to wear only antifungal nail polishes if you have toenail fungus. The antifungal nail polishes can help fight the spread of fungus and can prevent the nails from getting damp. It is recommended to apply the antifungal base coat if you want to use any other cosmetic nail polish on your toenails. Cosmetic nail polishes may worsen the condition and, thus, always choose antifungal nail paint even if you have the mildest infection.
How to make the toenail fungus look better?
Toenail fungus can look disturbing, and you might want to hide it. The best way to conceal the fungus and make the nails look better is to wear antifungal nail paint. Clean the affected area with water and cleansers every day. Groom the nails, but don’t over-trim. File the nails and apply a transparent coat of antifungal nail paint. If you like colorful nail polishes, choose one and apply it on your nails to hide the fungus and make your nails look better.
What kills nail fungus fast?
You can use an antifungal nail polish to paint on your infected nails or use an anti-fungal cream that sinks into the nail bed to clear out fungus from within.
What are the natural treatments for nail fungus?
Here are the natural and home remedies for fungal nails:
If your nail fungus is causing pain and spreading out seek medical attention without delay.
- Top 36 Home Remedies To Treat Nail Fungus
- 10 Best Products For Athlete’s Foot Treatment
- Makeup For Women Over 40 – A Simple Tutorial And Tips
- 50 Makeup Tips You Have To Know