When it comes to hair removal, everyone has their way of doing it. While some prefer waxing or shaving, some swear by laser hair removal, and some like using an epilator. Epilators are perfect for those who can’t keep up with frequent salon appointments. If armpit hair is the biggest of your worries, you need to invest in the best epilators for armpits. The best part is that you can use these epilators inside your bathroom. You might be used to manual shaving, but the experience of using a high-tech device will completely change your hair removal experience.
You can use this tool quickly and effortlessly, and it will leave your skin feeling smooth and silky for weeks. If you have never tried using an epilator for your armpits, then this post is for you. Keep reading to explore our top picks and make an informed choice.
10 Best Epilators For Armpits To Keep Your Skin Hair-Free And Smooth
1. Best Gentle Hair Removal: Braun Silk-epil 3-270 Epilator
The best Braun epilator for long-lasting results, the Silk-epil 3-270 is super gentle on dry skin and clears away armpit hair in a single swipe. Its Smartlight technology plucks out even the finest of hairs to leave you with silky smooth skin. To remove unwanted hairs from the root, this Braun epilator makes use of 20 tweezers and you can choose between 2 speed settings. Equipped with massage rollers, it helps reduce pain and the skin is stimulated for better blood flow. As the epilator head adapts to the contours of your body, hard-to-access areas can be taken care of easily.
- Plucks fine hair from the root
- 2 speed settings
- Stimulates skin
- Adapts to body contours
- Gentle on skin
- 2-in-1 trimmer and epilator
- Some may find the cord to be short
2. Best Ergonomic Handle: Philips Satinelle Essential Corded Epilator
Philips’ top-rated epilator removes hair as short as 0.5 mm right from the root. It works gently and the process is aided by the Satinelle’s ergonomic rounded handle that allows for easy access. As the epilator can be used wet or dry in the direction of hair growth, you can easily wash the detachable head to keep your device hygienic between uses. With two-speed settings for thinner and thicker hair, you can customize the experience according to your body. If you happen to have sensitive skin or want to use the epilator on your bikini line or armpits, simply use the sensitive trimmer cap as it moves gently.
- 2 speed settings for thin and thick hair
- Ergonomic handle
- Can be used wet or dry
- Detachable head
- Sensitive cap
- Long cord
- Might not be entirely pain-free
3. Best Flexible Head: E-CONORO Epilator For Women
E-CONORO’s electric hair removal epilator uses 30 tweezers to render your body hair-free. It is a 2-in-1 shaver and epilator with the first one for fine facial hair and the latter for use on legs or arms. Adapting to your body’s contours, the device’s head moves smoothly to remove hair as short as 0.5 mm along with clearing dead skin cells. For better flexibility, the neck of this epilator has a floating part and features a LED light for visibility. With 2 speed settings available in these epilators for underarms, you can move at your own pace for effective hair removal. Sensitive skin types can be taken care of with a slower speed that is gentler on the hair follicles and almost painless.
- 2 speed settings
- LED light
- Flexible neck
- Can be used on full body
- Pulls even short hair
- Adapts to body’s contours
- Might not remove thick hair from the root
4. Best Lightweight: Keda Cordless Epilator
The best epilator for underarms comes from Keda as it gives you ease with no corded feature. It contains 18 tweezers that move swiftly to remove even thin hairs from the root for faster hair removal. With the built-in LED light, you can ensure that your skin is completely hairless. Choose between 2 speeds depending on the one that is comfortable for you. Lightweight and portable, Keda’s advanced cordless epilator can be packed in your toiletry bag and charged easily with a power bank.
- 2 speed settings
- LED light
- Removes hair from the root
- Detachable and washable head
- Might not pluck hair in one go
5. Best Portable: Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator
Epilady’s underarm hair remover works smoothly to remove stubborn hair in a single swipe for long-lasting smooth skin. 2 operating speeds pluck hair out from the root for results that last from 4 to 6 weeks. The wide epilator head moves quickly while the handle features rubber for a non-slip grip. The Anti-Pinch technology ensures that your skin is not harmed and tiny hair is gone for good. At a single charge, the device can run for up to 60 minutes corded or cordless. The compact design allows you to have a salon-like experience from the comfort of your own bedroom!
- Can be used corded or cordless
- Results last from 4 to 6 weeks
- Ergonomic non-slip handle
- 32,000 tweezes per minute
- Takes a long time to charge
6. Best For Smooth Skin: Emjoi Emagine Epilator
For the best armpit hair removal results, try Emjoi’s Emagine Epilator with 72 tweezers. It decreases the incidence of ingrown hairs with the help of middle lifting fingers that lift up short and flat hairs. Removing hair from the roots, you can enjoy hairless skin for up to 6 weeks with Emjoi’s device. Its built-in Silver Ion Technology makes way for a gentle epilator head that minimizes irritation and razor bumps for smoother skin.
- Contains 72 tweezers
- Reduces ingrown hairs
- Works for up to 6 weeks
- Minimizes skin irritation
- Plucks short and flat hair
- Dual speed control
- Some might find it bulky
7. Best Easy-To-Operate: Marske 4-In-1 Electric Trimmer
Marske’s got the best electric hair remover that features 4 detachable and washable heads to remove all types of hair. Just change the attachments to remove hair from the nostrils, trim eyebrows, or shave the bikini area. The trimmer works at high speed with sharp blades that quickly pluck out hairs gently. Dust-proof, you can use the device both and dry and can be used for an hour after being charged. The material is hypoallergenic and reduces damage to skin as much as possible.
- 4 detachable and washable heads
- Easy to operate
- Can be used wet and dry
- Might not easily remove coarse hair
8. Best Hypoallergenic Blades: Hangsun F270 PRO Epilator
Hangsun gives you the best hair removal for underarms with its rotating tweezers that work on short hair without pinching the skin. The epilator head is extra wide to cover more surface area in a single go and gives you 4 weeks worth of smooth skin. You can use the shaver attachment with a floating head and double-sided shaving heads to fit your body’s curves. This is ideal for removing thick armpit hair without causing any snags. 2 speeds and a smartlight allow for a convenience and the blades are hypoallergenic to keep the skin safe.
- 2 speed settings
- Hypoallergenic blades
- Detachable and washable heads
- Snap-on caps for traveling
- Works for 30 to 40 minutes when charged
- Might make a loud vibrating sound
9. Best Waterproof: KemeI Electric Shaver
You can use this waterproof epilator on your underarms, bikini line, or arms and legs with ease. To adapt to the contours of your body, the shaving foil has a curved and flat trimmer that gets all the hard-to-reach areas as well. As the trimmer can be used both wet and dry, you can save time by using it in the shower with no damage. A single charge allows you to use KemeI’s Electric Shaver for up to a whopping 6 weeks. This is why it’s a star tool to carry with you on your next vacation!
- Wet and dry use
- Lasts up to 6 weeks on charge
- Adapts to body’s contours
- Some may find the positioning of the power button uncomfortable
10. Best Multipurpose: ElectriBrite 3-In-1 Epilator
The best epilator for underarms and legs, ElectriBrite’s device has 3 removable heads that can be used on the whole body. With massage rollers, the blades gently go over the skin while shaving to minimize pain and irritation. Charge the epilator for 6 hours with the rechargeable battery and enjoy up to 50 minutes of use time corded or cordless according to your preference. To remove longer hair, the side blades are beneficial and the floating foil head cleans up the residual hair. A callus remover head is also included to remove thick skin and keep your feet looking top-notch!
- 2 speed settings
- Built-in LED light
- Can be used to remove calluses
- Cleaning brush included
- Might not be anti-slip
Now that we have seen the best epilators for armpit hair removal, let’s learn how you can purchase the right one for yourself!
How To Choose The Best Epilator For Your Armpits
Look for an epilator that has a thin handle with rubber coating on the sides as this can help with a non-slip grip. A wide head can help grab all the hairs in your underarms in one go without needing do-overs. For emergencies or rushed situations, a LED light built into the epilator’s body can help with visibility so you don’t miss the finer and flatter hairs.
- Blades and speed settings
Stainless steel blades with rotating heads not only efficiently pluck hair out, they also minimize skin snagging and pulling. Flatter blades can help brush off remaining hair to give you smoother skin. Some epilators can have multiple attachments, which are meant for thick and thin hair. If your underarm hair is relatively coarse, you can use bigger blades with a high speed setting and low speed setting for finer hair up to 0.5 mm or for sensitive skin.
- Corded vs cordless
Corded epilators need to be plugged into a power source while they are being used. If this is your pick, look for a longer cord as it gives you a wider range of movement. Cordless epilators come with built-in batteries and need to be charged for a set amount of time and this is a good option if you happen to be traveling.
After you’ve settled on the epilator you’d like to bag, let’s dive into how you can use one for hairless skin that is soft to the touch!
How To Use Epilators To Remove Underarm Hair
- Step 1: If this is your first time epilating, mentally prepare yourself for a bit of pain. However, you must also remind yourself that it gets easier with practice.
- Step 2: Exfoliate the area you would like to shave. You can use a store-bought formula or DIY your own scrub with some sugar and olive oil.
- Step 3: Rinse off the scrub and ensure that your underarms are completely dry before beginning the epilating process.
- Step 4: Stretch one arm up high and keep the skin taut so that it doesn’t get pinched between the tweezers. You can stand before a mirror for a better view.
- Step 5: Start by slowly moving your epilator upwards and then move it downwards. Next, move it side to side as hairs can grow in different directions on your underarm skin.
- Step 6: If you have residual hair left, you can go over them with smaller blades. However, be gentle so as to not aggravate the skin with too much force.
- Step 7: After you’re done, use a calming lotion or an aloe vera gel to soothe skin down and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Step 8: Don’t forget to clean your blades (not the whole epilator body unless it’s waterproof) with some water and a cleaning brush.
Grooming can be a time-consuming process, but with the help of modern gadgets such as epilators, you can quickly and easily remove unwanted hair. They will leave your skin silky smooth. If you’re looking to keep your underarms clean, epilators for armpits that you can consider. These lightweight and portable devices can even be carried around in your purse so that you can touch up whenever you desire. Some cordless designs make them highly ergonomic. Several of the designs work just as well on the rest of your body as well. Investing in a good epilator is nothing but a win-win! A word of caution, epilators might not be entirely painless, but users consider the discomfort tolerable for the smooth skin they provide on the go.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Sneha Manandhar, the author of this article, is a skin and hair care enthusiast who loves to try different skin and hair products. So, she browsed thousands of reviews and checked the user feedback on forums to know about the best epilator for armpits. Also, she ensured that the epilators come with an ergonomic design to remove the hair in one go without overdoing it. The products listed above also feature multiple speed settings and blade attachments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does an epilator cause ingrown hair?
Almost any method of hair removal can cause ingrown hairs and this can be a little more pronounced with epilating.
How often should I epilate my armpits?
Initially, you can epilate your armpits once every 2 weeks. As your pain tolerance increases and hair growth slows down, you can move it to once a month.
Is it okay to use deodorant after epilating?
It is recommended to avoid using deodorant on your armpits for the first 24 hours post-epilation. This is because the skin is still irritated and might lead to itchiness or cause rashes. It can also be more prone to sun damage.
- Best Epilators For Easy Hair Removal On Face And Body
- Best Facial Epilators And Hair Removal Devices
- Best At-Home Laser Hair Removal Products