For naturally great skin, your skin deserves to be pampered with a promising formula to ensure that it stays hydrated and radiant. Face oils act as a great skin booster and can be a welcome addition to your daily skin regime. If you’re wondering whether combination skin types benefit from face oils, the answer is yes! Ideally, the best natural face oils for combination skin and acne-prone skin will treat your face with the utmost care by giving you a bright and dewy skin skin tone and smooth texture.
These face oils often contain nourishing vitamins and antioxidants that help your skin stay safe from acne, fine lines, and generally add to the overall health of your skin. Some of the most common face oils for combination skin contain jojoba oil, pomegranate oil, argan oil, rosehip oil, or grapeseed oils that are rich in antibacterial properties to moisturize your skin. Check out our list of the top 10 best face oils for combination skin, and you can thank us later!
Top 10 Best Face Oils For Combination Skin in 2021
The invigorating scent of the Now Solutions Certified Organic Jojoba Oil is an additional benefit of the 100% pure and multipurpose organic oil. Derived from the seed of the jojoba shrub, organic jojoba oil is one of the most popular cosmetic oils available today. Infused with nutritional compounds including long-chain essential fatty acids, this expeller-pressed oil offers moisturizing benefits. Suitable for your skin, hair, and body, this oil has cosmetic versatility and is ideal for all skin and hair types, including sensitive combination skin. Add this oil to your personal care products for visibly healthier-looking, softer, and smoother skin.
- Suitable for all skin type
- Some may find the consistency slightly thin
The Viva Naturals Organic Rosehip Oil is a steller choice for those looking to achieve smooth and radiant skin. The natural, cold-pressed oil retains its natural goodness and contains organic rosa canina oil that improves overall skin texture and is suitable for all skin types including oily, dry, and acne-prone skin, along with combination, sensitive, and mature skin. The perfect addition to homemade moisturizing face scrubs, this oil will keep your skin looking radiant and dewy. It contains a high concentration of fatty acids that deliver moisture to your skin’s barrier.
- Absorbs quickly
- Non-greasy formula
- 100% pure
- Naturally reduces the appearance of scars and photo-aging
- Comes with a no-drip bulb dropper for spill-free usage
- Some may find the scent to be slightly overpowering
This liquid bio-oil that comes in the form of Admire My Skin Citrus Glow Drops are 100% natural and non-comedogenic. This beauty oil harnesses a powerful blend of antioxidants that deliver a heavy dose of glow-inducing nutrients to your skin. This 70% organic formula contains vitamins C and E, argan oil, rosehip oil, and sea buckthorn oil that are combined for effectively brighter, healthier, smoother, and youthful-looking skin. An impressive and effective formula, it does not clog your pores or cause breakouts and can be used on bare skin or applied under makeup for a glow that seems to radiate from within.
- Does not clog pores
- Contains antioxidants and organic nutrients
- Suitable for combination skin
- Slightly expensive
The Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Overnight Face Oil contains 100% virgin coconut oil and fair trade shea butter that deeply moisturizes the skin with its blend of vitamins and essential fatty acids. If you’re looking for smooth and soft skin, this hydrating face oil for combination skin works overnight and contains Acacia senegal for moisture with a blend of coconut oil and coconut milk that have essential conditioning properties that keep the moisture sealed in. This effective nourishing formula is perfect for an extra boost of hydration for dry and combination skin types to get visibly healthy and moisturized skin.
- Contains vitamins and essential fatty acids
- No parabens or sulfates
- Free from phthalates and mineral oils
- For dry and combination skin types
- This oil may have a slightly watery consistency.
The therapeutic-grade Honey Dew 100% Pure Grape Seed Oil is a refined carrier oil ideal for hair, skin, nails, and body. Enriched with powerful anti-aging moisturizing vitamins like vitamins A, E, and K that will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth, this pure grapeseed oil is suitable for normal and combination skin. Hydrate your skin with this emollient moisturizer oil that is non-greasy and offers natural skincare benefits that helps reduce fine lines. The oil retains moisture without leaving a sticky or greasy feeling on your skin.
- No fillers
- Reduces pigmentation
- Safe for sensitive skin and can be applied directly
- Natural ingredients
- This oil is not cold-pressed and undergoes a refining process.
If you’re looking for clear and balanced skin, The Yellow Bird Blue Tansy Face Oil acts as the perfect nourishment formula for combination, oily, normal, sensitive, and blemish-prone skin. Enriched with ingredients like blue tansy, squalene, milk thistle, camellia, and jojoba oils, your skin can get the perfect nourishment and reduced appearance of wrinkles while giving it a youthful elasticity. With this facial oil, your skin is delivered concentrated amounts of moisture, vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants that naturally clear acne, reduce redness, and prevent future breakouts.
- Helps cellular regulation
- Soothing properties
- No added dyes, fragrances, fillers, or soothing preservatives
- Suitable for combination and sensitive skin
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial essential oils
- May take a long time for the skin to absorb the oil.
With 100% pure plant extracts and essential oils, the Clarins Paris Lotus Face Treatment Oil is a hydrating treatment that restores vitality and radiance to dehydrated skin. Ideal for oily or combination skin types, this face treatment oil extracts, tonesm and revitalizes moisture-depleted skin with its blend of rosemary, geranium, and lotus extracts. Recommended for daily wear, this oil also contains hazelnut oil that balances and purifies your skin from within and has a natural aromatic scent. Additionally, this formula rebalances and tightens pores, protects against dehydration, and leaves your skin feeling soft and supple.
- Suitable for refining skin texture
- Prevents fine lines and moisture-loss
- 100% pure plant extracts
- For face and visage
- Contains hazelnut and sacred lotus
- Slightly expensive
The Model Off Duty Beauty Supreme Even Skin Blue Tansy Face Oil with natural ingredients that have anti-inflammatory properties will give your skin the glow that it needs. Enriched with blue tansy, squalane, camellia, jojoba, jasmine, coconut oil, collagen, and vitamin E, this oil helps to calm irritated skin, reduce heat, and relieve delicate or troubled skin, making it a great addition to your skin regime if you have skin concerns caused by acne, eczema, or rosacea. This oil serum also helps you fight signs of aging before and provide antioxidant protection.
- Contains nature-derived ingredients
- Non-GMO ingredients
- No artificial fragrances
- Slightly expensive
The Sweet Chef Superfood + Vitamins Beauty Oil with moisturizing beet and vitamin A contain a variety of potent antioxidants that leave your skin visibly softer and smoother. While vitamin A gently smooths rough skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, kale and vitamin B hydrate and calm your skin while attracting and sealing in moisture. Vitamin C and ginger neutralize environmental aggressors and also help revive dull skin, giving you a radiant complexion. This moisture-boosting oil is suitable for combination, dry, and oily skin.
- Free from petrolatum, mineral oil, silicone, and drying alcohol
- Paraben, sulfate, and phthalate-free
- Vegan and sustainable product
- No artificial fragrances
- This product may leave a thin oily layer on your skin.
For moisturized and balanced skin, the Badger Argan Face Oil is a vitamin-rich, certified blend of plant oils that are formulated to restore all skin types. Enriched with organic jojoba oil, baobab oil, argan oil, pomegranate oil, orange oil, bergamot oil, sandalwood oil, sunflower, vitamin E, and ylang-ylang flower oil, this formula has a light floral and citrus aroma with cooling mint that uplifts your senses. With this face oil, you can give your skin antioxidant protection that is rich in natural vitamins and fatty acids for balanced and hydrated skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
- No artificial ingredients
- Does not contain GMOs, petrolatum, harsh synthetic chemicals, fragrances, or dyes
- Paraben-free and gluten-free
- Contains botanical ingredients
- Clinically tested non-comedogenic
- Vegan product
- It may take some time for your skin to completely absorb the formula.
Now that you have a general idea of the products available in the market, you can choose from this list to avail the best face oils. We understand that you might still have a few questions regarding which one to pick and our buying guide will help you clear your mind of any doubts.
How To Choose The Best Face Oil For Combination Skin
Contrary to the common belief, face oils don’t add extra moisture to your skin but are helpful to retain its natural moisture levels. When it comes to choosing an ideal drugstore face oil for combination skin, you may come across a variety of products and that may seem daunting. Include a good combination oil to your skincare routine that can contribute to healthier looking skin. Ideally, a lightweight oil with hyaluronic acid should leave your skin feeling nourished and glowing. Often you may find a good face oil for dry sensitivity and skin, but may face a challenge when it comes to combination skin. With accurate information, you can buy the right face oil for yourself without having to look at this process as difficult.
How To Use A Face Oil
Once you have made an informed buying choice, you can incorporate face oils into your daily skin routine.
- Start by gently exfoliating and cleansing your face.
- Add a few drops of facial oil to your moisturizer and apply it to your skin, without rubbing it in. Your skin cells will naturally absorb the nourishment.
- Massage your face gently using your fingers in a sweeping upward motion for optimum coverage.
- Ideally, you could do this as part of your nighttime skin regime or under your SPF during the day.
How To Get The Most Out Of Face Oils
- Use face oils after you use a moisturizer and this way your skin will benefit greatly from the goodness that the oil has to offer. You can even mix the oil with the moisturizer for a more potent formula.
- Avoid rubbing the oil in and instead gently press the oil onto your skin’s surface.
- Apply a tiny amount of oil to your skin because that is all it takes to work its magic.
- You could also use face oils in delicate areas of your face, like around the eyes, as they are completely harmless and do the same job.
Combination skin usually consists of dryness in some areas of the face and oiliness in other parts. Most people have an oily T-zone, but this may vary from person to person. When choosing a face oil that is good for combination skin, make sure that you consider the ingredients in the product and that they are suitable for you. The best face oils are often organic and natural, with rich vitamins and nutrients that work wonders for your skin. The most ideal method of application is to use the face oil sparingly along with a lightweight moisturizer.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is a facial oil good for combination skin?
Yes, a facial oil can help hydrate and maintain skin balance.
Does a facial oil clog pores?
No, it does not.
Can I use face oil every day?
Yes, you can. Depending on the type of oil, you can apply a tiny amount twice a day.
Does putting oil on your face cause pimples?
No, face oils hydrate and moisturize your skin from within without causing breakouts.
Is rosehip oil good for combination skin?
Is it good to apply oil on the face at night?
Yes, applying face oils at night helps your skin rejuvenate and absorb all the goodness.