Several trends originated in the ’90s and are making a solid comeback recently. One of them is the frosted lipstick. Slight mention of a frosted lipstick would conjure the image of shiny, metallic lips, but the best frosted lipsticks will make you look glamorous. Also known as metallic lipsticks, many brands today have come up with frosted lipsticks that give your lips a perfect shimmer.
To make your lips stand out, you can apply the lipstick below a non-shimmery gloss to give it a multidimensional look. Since every frosted lipstick is different, you need to keep your skin tone in mind when purchasing the shade of your choice. We have curated a list of the top frosted lipsticks to help you get the perfect shimmery look. Scroll down for more information!
What Is A Frosted Lipstick?
Frosted lipstick is basically lipstick with a hint of shimmer in it, giving your lips a glossy and shiny look. While the ‘90s saw more tan and pink frosted lipsticks, the recent ones are light pastels, crimsons, and bronze, giving them a subtler look. While applying frosted it is important to learn how to apply it and not go overboard. Applying a thin coat in the center of your lips should do the trick. Always start small and then apply more if required. Read on further as we explore the 9 best frosted lipsticks to buy in 2022.
The Top 9 Frosted Lipsticks That Suit Every Skin Tone To Purchase In 2022
Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Pink Frost is perfect for your lips as it is infused with vitamins A and C, giving your lips the nourishment they need all-day long. This lipstick is an amazing product for those who like to keep their makeup minimal with a distinct pop of color. This best frosted pink lipstick does exactly that while allowing a smooth application. The Milani Color Statement lipstick is definitely one lipstick that you must have in your vanity!
- Nourishing lipstick in a vibrant shade
- Cruelty- free
- Long-lasting look
- Color may be darker than shown in the picture
The Ecco Bella Lipstick in Peach Frost shade is an all-natural, plant-based product. This peach frosted lipstick is a cruelty-free and gluten-free product. If you have sensitive skin, this product is made for you! The shade of this lipstick is beautiful and chic, making it suitable for all skin tones. The Ecco Bella Lipstick in Peach Frost allows for easy transition from office to a party, while also providing your lips long-lasting nourishment.
- Contains vitamin E, vegetable oils, and mineral pigments
- Environment-friendly product
- Slightly expensive
This luxurious shade from MAC frosted lipstick offers a rich color payoff on your lips and applies like satin! It offers a high frosted finish. The warm plum shade of this lipstick is suitable for most skin tones and applies smoothly on the lips. So go ahead and paint the town red with this ultra-luscious lipstick. It is the best drugstore frosted lipstick.
- Moisturizing lipstick
- Semi-matte finish
- Long-lasting look
- The lipstick shade may be slightly darker
The L’Paige L53 Frosted Amethyst Lipstick is dermatologist-recommended as it is formulated using the all-important healing ingredients in the form of aloe vera and beeswax. They keep the lips soft, moist, and last all day long without bleeding. There are 69 shades in all and can be paired well with your #OOTD.
- This product is cruelty-free
- It is free of elements like lead, gluten, etc.
- Infused with castor oil and carnauba wax that deeply moisturize lips
- May require refrigeration in the summers
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick-Frosted Rose is a lightweight, long-lasting frosted product. Featuring a blend of ingredients like vitamins E and C derivatives, this lipstick moisturizes instantly and is suitable for sensitive skin too. Due to its creamy texture, it glides easily and does not bleed.
- Clinically tested for skin irritation and allergy
- Maximum color impact
- Perfect pink shade true to description
- No fragrance
- May not suit all skin tones
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick is, as the name suggests, long-lasting for up to 8 hours. The product is infused with ingredients that nourish and moisturize your lips. This is one of the best frosted lipsticks there is, as the shade is elegant with just the right amount of shimmer.
- Creamy lipstick with an easy-to-apply formula
- Good color payoff
- Affordably priced
- Some users may find the color too light for their skin tone
This lipstick has been termed as a value for money product by many women who swear by it. The Golden Rose Lipstick in the shade Frosted Coral comes packed with vitamin E. It gives a clean, glossy look making your lips look moist and voluptuous.
- Lasts all day without reapplication
- Glides on smoothly
- Some users reported a color discrepancy
MODE Lustre Lipstick in the shade Frost 63 contains all-natural ingredients and gives a creamy and rich look in just a single coat. The lipstick is great to pull off a formal look for an upcoming meeting or can be worn on a night out with your besties. It is a versatile product that is also pocket-friendly.
- Rich color-payoff
- Contains nourishing ingredients such as organic shea butter, vitamin E, and beeswax
- Product may have a distinct petroleum odor
The Color Renew Lipstick in Frosted Watermelon shade is one of a kind due to its ‘melts on your lips’ formula. This lipstick contains nourishing ingredients such as avocado oil, jojoba oil, and vitamins A, D as well as E. The color of this lipstick is bright and alluring and perfect for all skin tones.
- Lip moisturizing formula
- Lipstick looks freshly applied all-day
- Contains vitamin E which helps in unblocking pores
- Slightly overpriced
Frosted lipsticks have made a comeback in recent years with many celebrities like Rihanna and Gigi Hadid pulling them off successfully on the runway. It can instantly elevate your look by highlighting your beautiful lips.
How To Wear Frosted Lipsticks?
Wearing frosted lipstick correctly is as important as purchasing the right one if you don’t want to end up looking lifeless. Here are a few ways to make sure that you’ve got it right:
- The most basic and easy way for a beginner to get frosted lips is to wear a light or sheer frosted lipstick by itself. This will help in highlighting your natural lip color by giving it a tinge of shimmer.
- Another way is to layer a frosted lipstick on top of a matte lipstick of a shade darker or the same shade. This can make your lips look velvety and fuller.
- If you are feeling particularly adventurous try layering two frosted lipsticks one on top of the other. This will give you an all-out glam look, just be prepared for all the glances that will come your way.
- Darker skin tones usually do well with buying gold hues of the frosted lipsticks. Other shades to consider buying are deep reds and opals, mauve, and bronze. Stick to the warm colors as they will prevent you from looking ashy or like a zombie.
Once you have the hang of it, you can play around with different colors and opacities to give you the look of your dreams. Frosted lipsticks are the newest trend that is taking the fashion world by storm. They are chic as well as elegant. They will give your pout a new look and help your lips look fuller in all the selfies you will take.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author, is passionate about makeup and has shared her tips on choosing frosted lipsticks in this article. In her opinion, this 90s trend is making a big comeback because no one can resist a good shine on the lips. She compiled this list of the top products after conducting extensive research and reviewing numerous online reviews. The recommended products are long-lasting and transform your look from drab to fav instantly!