If you want a volume-filled beachy hairdo that lasts all day long with a great hold, you must take a look at the best sugar sprays for hair. These sprays are multipurpose styling gems that will give your hair texture, great hold, and extra bounce without drying. They contain nourishing sugarcane extracts to condition your hair, add gloss and shine to them. We have got you the 7 best sugar sprays that have garnered several positive reviews from users on various forums. You should have a look right now to get the perfect tousled look effortlessly.
In This Article
7 Best Sugar Spray For Hair Available Right Now
Wella Eimi Sugar Lift Sugar Spray is a professional-grade hair spray that offers flexible hold. This volumizing spray provides lift and a touchable, grippy feeling to your hair. It is infused with natural sugar that is combined with styling polymers to offer great texture to your hair. This sugar hair spray enhances curls and leaves your hair with a gorgeous shine. Also, it offers a great hold to your hair while adding body for a volumized style.
- Enhances curls
- Adds texture and volume
- Adds shine
- Offers flexible hold
- Pleasant fragrance
- Unsatisfactory packaging
BIOLAGE Sugar Shine System Illuminating Mist is a lightweight sugar spray for hair. This illuminating bi-phase shine mist adds a glossy finish to your hair. This leave-in treatment provides heat protection up to 450°F to the hair. This anti-frizz spray helps seal in shine and is ideal for color-treated hair. It smoothens your hair, tame flyaways, and prevents hair damage.
- Hair thickening
- Seals in shine
- Suitable for color-treated hair
- Tames frizz and flyaways
- Prevents hair damage
Paul Mitchell Neon Sugar Spray is a volumizing and texturizing sugar spray. It adds definition to your hair without making it stiff and crunchy. This texturizing spray also adds body and texture to your tired tresses. The hydrating ingredients in this sugar spray keep your locks feeling soft. Several reviewers love this spray claiming that it is suitable for all hair types.
- Adds texture and definition
- Good for boosting volume
- Suitable for all hair types
Pureology Style + Protect Beach Waves Sugar Spray is a vegan sugar spray for all hair types. It is infused with sugarcane extract that creates a tousled texture without drying out your hair. Pureology’s Antifade Complex contains antioxidants and UVA/UVB sunscreen to protect color-treated hair. It provides a perfect beachy style for any occasion and is suitable for all hair types.
- Creates a tousled texture
- UV protection
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Unpleasant fragrance
SUNCOAT Sugar-Based Natural Hair Spray is a fragrance-free sugar spray. It is formulated using innovative sugar-based technology and without using any chemicals that make your hair soft and touchable. This natural, weightless sugar spray provides volume, long-lasting hold, and shine to your hair. It prevents your hair from drying out and is suitable for all hair types.
- Offers long-lasting hold
- Prevents dryness
- Free of chemical polymers
- Suitable for all hair types
- Sticky formula
Ion Day Two Sugar Dry Texture & Finishing Spray is a travel-friendly sugar spray for hair. It is infused with sugarcane extract that offers your hair a soft and buildable texture. This finishing spray provides voluminous waves and touchable texture to your tresses. It is perfect for styling day two hair.
- Offers soft and buildable texture
- Creates voluminous waves
- Refreshing fragrances
OGX Bodifying + Bamboo Fiber-Full Sugar High Tousle Spray helps separate, elevate, and define your hair. It is infused with nourishing ingredients like bamboo fibers, sugar cane extract, and plant collagen that offer a voluptuous body and texture to your hair. This lightweight spray gives you frizz-free hair that looks healthy and full.
- Adds texture
- Makes your hair look healthy
- Adds body and fullness
- Pleasant fragrance
- Greasy formula
Those are our top picks for the best sugar hair sprays available right now! Sugar and salt sprays have different formulas. If you want to know the differences between sugar and salt-infused hair sprays, check out the next section.
Sugar Hair Sprays Vs. Salt-Infused Hair Sprays
- Sugar hair sprays have the moisturizing effects of sugar extracts due to which they are less drying when compared to salt-infused sprays. They enhance the body and texture of your hair without leaching the moisture out of it. Therefore, these sprays are more suitable for curly or chemically processed hair.
- Sugar styling sprays have a more pleasant fragrance compared to salt-infused sprays.
- Sugar sprays can be anti-static and can be used to control frizz and flyaways, while salt sprays can exacerbate frizz due to the drying effects of sea salt. Furthermore, sugar hair spray products don’t contain any strong chemicals in their formulas.
- Sugar-based hair sprays are safe for keratin-treated and colored hair, whereas the salt in salt-infused hair sprays can strip away the color and keratin from your hair.
- Sugar-based sprays enhance your hair’s shine and offer softness and subtle waves, while salt sprays give your hair a beachy texture with a more matte look.
- Sugar sprays are ideal for medium to thick hair, whereas salt sprays work best on fine hair to add body and thickness.
Now, let’s talk about the benefits of sugar hair sprays in the next section.
Benefits Of Using A Sugar-Based Spray For Styling Your Hair
- Sugar hair sprays are recommended for people with thin, fine hair and anyone who wants to add body and texture to their hair. Unlike sea salt sprays, sugar sprays are non-crunchy and have a root-lifting effect on thin hair. They help create more volume and add texture to fine hair.
The sugarcane extract in these sprays has moisturizing and conditioning properties and helps protect your hair from breakage.
- It tames mild frizz and flyaways and often has anti-humidity benefits. You might also want to try a sugar hair spray if you have dry hair.
- This product nourishes your curls and enhances your natural curl pattern, giving you a polished finish.
- Sugar hair sprays add extra shine and leave your hair smelling great.
If you are wondering how to use a sugar hair spray, keep reading to find out!
How To Use A Sugar Hair Spray
- Sugar sprays are suitable for all hair types and can be used on dry or damp hair. You can apply it before blow-drying if you want to add extra volume or after styling your hair if you want more hold.
- If you want to create maximum body and lift your hair, spray it near your roots before blow-drying it.
- For a beachy texture and tousled waves, apply sugar sprays to damp hair before blow-drying it, focusing the spray on the midsection and ends of your hair. Apply it to dry hair and scrunch small sections to get a freshly tousled look.
- Apply a few spritzes of sugar sprays to dry hair for light to medium hold. Always spray it in layers for the strongest hold. Also, spray it from 20-30 cms away from the hair to make your hairstyle last long.
Infographic: 5 Mistakes To Avoid While Applying Sugar Sprays On Your Hair
Sugar sprays can be game-changers if you looking to add effortless texture and beachy waves to your hair. However, mastering the art of application is essential to achieve the perfect look without any mishaps. The infographic below lists some common mistakes to steer clear of when using sugar sprays. Check it out to know more!
Sugar sprays can offer extra bounce and hold to your hair. The Wella Eimi Sugar Lift Sugar Spray provides flexible hold, texture, and volume, while the BIOLAGE Sugar Shine System Illuminating Mist is lightweight and ideal for color-treated hair. However, if you are looking for a vegan option with UV protection, go for the Pureology Style + Protect Beach Waves Sugar Spray. Also, they enhance curls and leave your hair with a gorgeous shine. Go ahead and pick a sugar hair spray from the ones listed above to get frizz-free, shiny hair! Remember to test the product you pick on a small section of your hair to check for allergies.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Shiboli Chakraborti, is a certified skin care coach and well-versed in hair care. She loves to write comprehensive beauty articles for her readers. She has carefully listed these sugar sprays for hair, selected based on user reviews and feedback available on multiple forums and brand websites. The products listed in this post are multipurpose styling gems that will give your hair texture, great hold, and extra bounce without drying it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use sugar spray every day?
Yes, using sugar every day nourishes the hair and tames frizz.
Does sugar spray make the hair sticky?
No. These products are usually non-greasy. However, using too much of the spray may make your hair sticky, especially in humid climates.
Does sugar spray damage the hair?
No, sugar sprays are safe for all hair types and do not damage the hair.
Does sugar spray make the hair curly?
A sugar spray does not curl straight hair but enhances the existing curls if you have curly hair.
Does sugar spray clean the hair?
No. Sugar spray nourishes and texturizes the hair, while adding shine.
Do I need to wash my hair after using sugar spray?
No, washing after one or two uses is not required unless your hair becomes greasy. Wash your hair after 4-5 times using a sugar spray.
- Brilliant Homemade Hair Rinses That Work Wonders
- Effective Ways To Get Smooth Hair
- How To Get Shiny Hair At Home
- Best Alcohol-Free Hair Spray
- Best Texturizing Sprays
- Best Drugstore Sea Salt Sprays