Do you want that beachy waves hair look along with good volume and hold that lasts all day long? You can achieve that stylish tousled look with a sugar spray for hair. Yes, sugar hair sprays are multipurpose styling products that offer extra bounce, hold, and texture to your hair without drying it out. They are formulated with sugarcane extracts that nourish and condition your hair and give it a healthy shine and gloss. In this article, we have reviewed and compiled a list of the 7 best sugar sprays for hair available right now. Check them out below!
Table Of Contents
7 Best Sugar Spray For Hair Available Right Now
Wella Eimi Sugar Lift Sugar Spray is a professional hair spray that offers flexible hold. This volumizing spray provides lift and a touchable, grippy feeling to your hair. It is infused with natural sugar that is combined with styling polymers to offer great texture to your hair. This sugar hair spray enhances curls and leaves your hair with a gorgeous shine. Also, it offers a great hold to your hair while adding body for a volumized style.
- Enhances curls
- Adds texture and volume
- Adds shine
- Offers flexible hold
- Pleasant fragrance
- Unsatisfactory packaging
BIOLAGE Sugar Shine System Illuminating Mist is a lightweight sugar spray for hair. This illuminating bi-phase shine mist adds a glossy finish to your hair. This leave-in treatment provides heat protection up to 450°F to the hair. This anti-frizz spray helps seal in shine and is ideal for color-treated hair. It smoothens your hair, tame flyaways, and prevents hair damage.
- Seals in shine
- Suitable for color-treated hair
- Tames frizz and flyaways
- Prevents hair damage
Paul Mitchell Neon Sugar Spray is a volumizing and texturizing sugar spray. It adds definition to your hair without making it stiff and crunchy. This texturizing spray also adds body and texture to tired your tresses. The hydrating ingredients in this sugar spray keep your locks feeling soft. Also, it is suitable for all hair types.
- l Adds texture and definition
- l Adds volume
- l Vegan
- l Paraben-free
- l Gluten-free
- l Suitable for all hair types
Pureology Style + Protect Beach Waves Sugar Spray is a vegan sugar spray for all hair types. It is infused with sugarcane extract that creates a tousled texture without drying out your hair. Pureology’s Antifade Complex contains antioxidants and UVA/UVB sunscreen to protect color-treated hair. It provides a perfect beachy style for any occasion and is suitable for all hair types.
- Creates a tousled texture
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Unpleasant fragrance
SUNCOAT Sugar-Based Natural Hair Spray is a fragrance-free sugar spray. It is formulated using innovative sugar-based technology and without using any chemicals. This natural sugar spray provides volume, long-lasting hold, and shine to your hair. It prevents your hair from drying out and is suitable for all hair types.
- Adds volume
- Offers long-lasting hold
- Prevents dryness
- Free of chemical polymers
- Suitable for all hair types
- Sticky formula
Ion Day Two Sugar Dry Texture & Finishing Spray is a travel-friendly sugar spray for hair. It is infused with sugarcane extract that offers your hair a soft and buildable texture. This finishing spray provides voluminous waves and touchable texture to your tresses. It is perfect for styling day two hair.
- Offers soft and buildable texture
- Creates voluminous waves
- Pleasant fragrances
OGX Bodifying + Bamboo Fiber-Full Sugar High Tousle Spray helps separate, elevate, and define your hair. It is infused with bamboo fibers, sugar cane extract, and plant collagen that offers a voluptuous body and texture. This lightweight spray makes your hair look healthy and full.
- Adds texture
- Makes your hair look healthy
- Adds body and fullness
- Pleasant fragrance
- Greasy formula
Those are our top picks for the best sugar hair sprays available right now! Sugar and salt sprays have different formulas. If you want to know the differences between sugar and salt-infused hair sprays, check out the next section.
Sugar Hair Sprays Vs. Salt-Infused Hair Sprays
- Sugar hair sprays have the moisturizing effects of sugar extracts due to which they are less drying when compared to salt-infused sprays. They enhance the body and texture of your hair without leaching the moisture out of it. Therefore, these sprays are more suitable for curly or chemically processed hair.
- Sugar styling sprays have a more pleasant fragrance compared to salt-infused sprays.
- Sugar sprays can be used to control frizz and flyaways, while salt sprays can exacerbate frizz due to the drying effects of sea salt. Furthermore, sugar hair spray products don’t contain any strong chemicals in their formulas.
- Sugar-based hair sprays are safe for keratin-treated and colored hair, whereas the salt in salt-infused hair sprays can strip away the color and keratin from your hair.
- Sugar-based sprays enhance your hair’s shine and offer softness and subtle waves, while salt sprays give your hair a beachy texture with a more matte look.
- Sugar sprays are ideal for medium to thick hair, whereas salt sprays work best on fine hair to add body and thickness.
Now, let’s talk about the benefits of sugar hair sprays in the next section.
Benefits Of Using A Sugar-Based Spray For Styling Your Hair
- Sugar hair sprays are recommended for people with thin, fine hair and anyone who wants to add body and texture to their hair. Sugar sprays can help create more volume, provide lift, and add texture to fine hair.
The sugarcane extract in these sprays has moisturizing and conditioning properties and helps protect your hair from breakage.
- It tames mild frizz and flyaways. You might also want to try a sugar hair spray if you have dry hair.
- This product nourishes your curls and enhances your natural curl pattern.
- Sugar hair sprays add extra shine and leave your hair smelling great.
If you are wondering how to use a sugar hair spray, keep reading to find out!
How To Use A Sugar Hair Spray
- Sugar sprays are suitable for all hair types and can be used on dry or damp hair. You can apply it before blow-drying if you want to add extra volume or after styling your hair if you want more hold.
- If you want to create maximum body and lift your hair, spray it near your roots before blow-drying it.
- For a beachy texture and tousled waves, apply sugar sprays to damp hair before blow-drying it, focusing the spray on the midsection and ends of your hair. Apply it to dry hair and scrunch small sections to get a freshly tousled look.
- Apply a few spritzes of sugar sprays to dry hair for light to medium hold. Always spray it in layers for the strongest hold. Also, spray it from 20-30 cms away from the hair to make your hairstyle last long.
Sugar sprays can offer extra bounce and hold to your hair. Also, they enhance curls and leave your hair with a gorgeous shine. Go ahead and pick a sugar hair spray from the ones listed above to get frizz-free, shiny hair!
- 11 Brilliant Homemade Hair Rinses That Work Wonders
- 16 Effective Ways To Get Smooth Hair
- How To Get Shiny Hair At Home
- 15 Best Alcohol-Free Hair Spray Of 2021
- 11 Best Texturizing Sprays Of 2021